Ahoy! Names Arkimedes commercial fishing at the momment-ish

Hi, you can call me Arky I'm 21. I have been commercial fishing for 3 years out of bristol bay. I also have been involved in MMA at C3 in Everett, WA. Right now i'm beating the docks and traveling through Alaska having an adventure. I'ts a struggle not to fall into the drunken sailor stereotypes, but my diet sucks and I'm always on stand by. I have little to no resources so i'm bumming it. I keep myself motivated but I can't do it alone. I am new to nerd fitness and the guilds but I want to keep my health in check. As of now i'm in kodiak Alaska beating the docks. Can anyone relate? HMU 907-346-7294 arkimedes@icloud.com

Hi Arky, I'm Ren - and I gotta say I'm pretty jealous of the adventure you're on. Its been a dream of mine to spend a year or two getting to know Alaska since I was a kid (I'm now 25), and I hope you're having a blast.

Can't say I can relate to your specific job, but I do know what its like to work like mad just to barely scrape by and see it affect your health and eating habits a little more each day. Hang in there - I think we've found good place here in this little corner of the internet. What are some of your fitness goals?

I took on the commercial fishing industry in hopes to improve my strength. I have been practicing mma for 6 years and all this hard work I hope I can benefit from. For the past 3 summers I worked on a gillnet vessel and worked countless hours pushing herring uphill on a 32 foot vessel and picking fish out of a net. Right after the season i was stronger than I could hope for. I could do handstands and climb rope like a ninja. But all good things come to an end.

The next job I want to take on would be in fall and winter, Pot Cod or longline. Although the boat life isn't always the healthiest, due to canned everything, when you are working like there is no tomorrow you're livin.

With all this I want to know I can get back into the world of brazilian jiu-jitsu and MMA like I've always have been. Be a top notch athlete and be able to have the capacity to do new things like rock climbing off cliffs, parkour, and surfing here in alaska.