Budgeting/Expense tracking apps in the UK

Hello nerds! I'm headed across the pond for grad school and my beloved Mint will be dead to me. Does anyone know of any apps or websites that will work in the UK (specifically England) where I can track cash and debit card purchases and set budgets? Bonus points if it syncs with bank accounts and/or is stupidly simple so there's no excuse NOT to use it. 

I've tried using Excel on my own and that may have lasted 3 days because I hate having to hold on to every single receipt, remember every cash transaction I don't get a receipt for, and logging all of it manually. Basically, I'm lazy. 

Many thanks for your advice and suggestions!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I came across this thread, it kinda feels like a necro-bump, and not too sure whether this is still a situation you need resolved. 

Myself I'm using gnucash, with monthly statement downloads from my bank, converted to quicken format so gnucash can import it. It supposedly has some budgetting stuff. It is quite cumbersome to use. Anyways, this is just a setup.

A couple of weeks ago I asked some fellow nerds for ideas on how to keep tabs on my tax payments in gnucash/double ledger bookkeeping and they said "Dude, get rid of that cumbersome product and take a look at 'YNAB'".

YNAB? Huh?

http://www.youneedabudget.com

I haven't installed the app yet (not ready to fork out the cash), but it has some nice pointers on how and why the method works. They also offer 32 days of trial. A couple of my friends are quite taken by it, so perhaps it is something you might want to check out?

At least I'm trying to follow the 4 simple principles for budgetting my money. It is quite insightful to see how much money comes in, and how much flows out on mostly stupid stuff. I will keep doing my bookkeeping in gnucash though, just because I can ^_^