Swimmers: 12

2x

Supermans: 5

Leg Lifts:12

Week 7 - Day 1

10/20/2014

Military Press: 57

Push-ups: 50 (hands knee height)

Close Grip Push-ups: 45 (hands knee height)

Seated Dips: 51 (knees bent)

I was a bit concerned that my shoulder that has been sore might prevent me from hitting very many reps on the push-ups, but it was barely an issue! So glad about that. Also agree with Aces about feeling strong! I wasn't sure how the close-grip push ups would go after the regular ones, but I felt pretty good just grinding them right out.

• Like 1

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Thread got strangely quiet over the last 24 hours! Hope everyone's just out hitting their goals!

Week 7 - Day 2

10/21/2014

2x

Back Lunges: 5

Toyotas: 12 (dear god these still hurt by the end)

2x

Lunges: 5

Side Lunges: 12

2x

OLRs: 5

Calf Raises: 12

Week 7 - Day 3

10/22/2014

Let Me Ins: 3x12

Let Me Ups: 3x12

Let Me Ins: 3x12 (underhand grip)

Towel Curls: 3x12

Went well overall. I still hate Let Me Ins, I need to figure out a system that I can use an actual stable bar to pull on rather than the doorknob/towel nonsense.

• Like 1

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

84%
84%

Week 6 Update

After taking a few days off from YAYOG so I could focus on my hiking trip, I have been back at it this week.

Day 1 - Monday

5/12 on all exercises.  The close grip push-ups seemed a little easier this week.  I used a higher chair for the decline push-ups to add a little more difficulty to those.

Day 2 - Tuesday

5/12 on all exercises.  The toyotas are fun and they certainly seem to work a lot of muscles, but they are really exhausting.  

Day 3 - Wednesday

5/12 on all exercises.  I did a little better on the assisted pull-ups this week.  I positioned my chair under the tree a little better, so I feel like I did not use the chair to assist me quite so much this week.  I still have a long way to go before I will be able to do an unassisted pull-up.

• Like 2

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

I have completed week six and day 1 of week seven. Will be doing some much needed updating now!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Week 5 is the first time we see supersetting, and is considered the power block.

The focus of this week is to build power/explosiveness. This is why we see exercises such as shove offs and toyotas. Exercises that really focus on not only the strength to return to the starting position, but past it.

Please pay close attention to alterations on timing and things like that. Squats should be done slowly so you spend more time under tension. You should really be feeling the burn this week!

With supersetting you are aiming for a minimum of 2 reps on the first exercise and a max of 5, do what you can!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Week 6, as last week is all about power. Keep pushing through! Your building explosiveness. Each time you do a toyato try to jump a bit higher. Push yourself!

You are past the half way mark, you can do it!

"If you dont try that is forever."

"People who cant do something themselves will tell you you can't do it."

"Don't be afraid of making decisions."

"He who says he can and he who says he can't are usually right."

Week 7

This week is the undulating block. We are varying how we are doing exercises all throughout the week. This will continue for the remaining weeks. 

Tabatas are the only newest approach. You do an exercise as many times as you can for 20 seconds, then rest 10. This continues for 4 minutes. Remember your lowest rep set because the app will need it for data purposes.

You should start to see strength gains by now. You should be doing exercises at an increased difficulty that you struggled with, or couldn't even do at the beginning!

Week 7 Day 3: 

Pull Intervals:

LMIs - 12/12/9

LMUs - 9/6/8

LMIs - 12/12/11

Towel Curls - 12/12/12

Week 7 Day 4

Core tabatas:

So, Russian twists I counted 1 rep as both sides.  I think i counted right. I was able to do 10-12 reps per 20 seconds.  So i completed somewhere between 80-96

Beach scissors: at least 10 per leg per 20 seconds, so 80 reps total - switched legs halfway through

Standing Knee Raises - at least 10 reps (1 raise per side per rep) - 80 reps total

Definitely tough by the last few rounds of 20 seconds!  And it didn't help that toward the end of russian twists my dog decided to have a cuddle attack and kept running into me so I got knocked over.  Well, what are you gonna do. :) 

• Like 2

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

Week 7 - Day 4

10/23/2014

Tabatas

Russian Twists: 12/12/12/12/9/10/10/12 (near as I can recall, minimum was 9)

Beach Scissors: 4x12 & 4x12 (switched sides half way through)

Standing Knee Raises: 8x12

Holy crap. I believe I had said at the beginning that I was slightly afraid of the tabatas! These things killed in so many places. The russian twists really got me, I think my form had broken down a by that 5th set because I was feeling it a lot in the lower back. I tried to tighten up my core again from there out and the next sets were better.

Everyone else having fun too? :)

• Like 1

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

84%
84%

I had fallen a bit behind but getting back on track.

Having tons of fun over here lol

• Like 1

Okay, a little catch-up for me...

Week 7 Day 1 (10/20/14) - Push Ladder
Military Press - 51 

Classic Push-Up - 48

Close Grip Push-Up - 48

Seated Dip - 48

Week 7 Day 2 (10/21/14) - Leg Supersets

2 x 5 Back Lunges, 12 Toyotas

2 x 5 Lunges, 12 Side Lunges

2 x 5 OLRDL, 12 Squats (was supposed to be calf raises)

Week 7 Day 3 (10/22/14) - Pull Intervals

LMI - 12/12/12

LMU - 12/12/12

LMI - 12/12/12

Towel Curls - 12/12/12

Week 7 Day 4 (10/23/14) - Core Tabatas

Russian Twists - low of 11

Beach Scissors - low of 9, alternated sides

Standing Knee Raises - low of 20

Tonigh... push, pull & leg strappers... I might cry...

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Week 7 day 2 completed... My legs... MY LEGS.

Seriously sunday is going to be killer as I plan on combining days 4 and 5... may have to complete day 5 monday...

Keep up the awesome work everyone!

• Like 2

Week 7 day 2 completed... My legs... MY LEGS.

Seriously sunday is going to be killer as I plan on combining days 4 and 5... may have to complete day 5 monday...

Keep up the awesome work everyone!

Yeah, the 4 sec hold on the lunges really burns and it will be awhile before I'm friendly with toyotas or burpees >.<.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Week 7 - Day 5

10/24/2014

Oohhh so "Stappers" are just really quick circuits without any rest between.

Back Lunges: 100

Let me Ins: 80 (kill them with fire)

Push ups: 60 (hands hip height)

Since completing the workout I realize I should have done knee height push ups or something, because my legs got worked way harder than my arms. Let Me Ins are still stupid IMO, I'm about a hair's breadth from replacing them all with close-grip Let Me Ups or something like that. I'll try to continue following the program as prescribed, but I'm close.

• Like 1

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

84%
84%

I finished week 6 today.

I subbed 60-second planks for the V-ups and 20-rep sets of hip raises for the Russian twists to protect my back. Otherwise I did 5/12 on all of the sets.

Week 7 sounds like a killer. I'll see you guys there next week!

• Like 2

Level 4 Ranger

Week 7, Day 1

It's been a few weeks since I have done so many reps of these exercises.  My arms feel like rubber right now.  I forgot how much I love ladders.   :rolleyes-new:

Military Press - 70

Push-up - 70

Close-grip Push-up - 48

Seated Dip - 63

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger

I have taken a couple of days off because my right shoulder was really sore. I don't believe I stretched enough after exercising the other day and then slept at a weird angle. Anyway, my shoulder was completely sore and I couldn't really turn my head to the right. After a couple of days using the massager and slowly stretching it out, I feel much better today. It's thrown off my schedule though so not sure I'll finish week seven today. I am considering combining days 4 and 5, but may just stick to the program. I've been pretty consistent this whole time, being one day off is not going to ruin the entire experience. 

I've been doing a terrible job of posting and following everyone's threads. I don't intend to disappear so will do what I can to catch up!

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Week 7, Day 4 update:

This was a killer, but I loved it!

Russian Twists - 15/15/16/15/16/15/16/12 - was really feeling it by the end

Scissors - 12/14/16/16/16/16/14/14 - started off slow then realized I could do more

Knee ups - 11/12/14/14/14/14/14/14 - same thing here

Also thought I'd start day 5 so did 10 back lunges then opted to wait until tomorrow. Did 50 squats as sortof an answer to the bad diet choices I made yesterday.

All in all a good workout. I'll do day 5 tomorrow and then start week eight!

• Like 3

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Week 7 Day 2 this morning

The Toyotas are still tough for me. I am close to failure by the end of both sets. Otherwise, this was a good workout. I did 5/12 on all sets, and added a plank and some hip raises to the end for good measure since I need to improve my core a lot.

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger

Week 7, Day 5 

Stappers

Back Lunges - 7X10=70

Let Me Ins - 7X8=56

Push Ups - 7X6=42

I definitely felt this one, although could have done more LMI and PUs. However, wanted to go slow on the lunges and keep good form. Also when I pushed it last week, I got hurt. I'm sticking to the program as described after this.

Week 7 complete!

• Like 3

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Week 8 - Day 1

10/27/2014

Push ups: 64 (hands hip height)

Rocking Chairs: 40

Burpees: 24

Holy hell, this was a workout of pure evil! After the push ups everything else I was barely getting the reps out.

• Like 4

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

84%
84%