[ONGOING]10 Week YAYOG Ladder Challenge

Dips 6/12/12 - so the actual dips weren't for me yet. I felt like I was using my legs way too much and my set up wasn't great. So after the first set, I switched to seated dips. Still worked the triceps which is good, just not sure my arms are ready for upright dips yet. Otherwise good workout. Getting pumped for the next challenge!

I know I'll be doing seated dips still since I can't even do them with my legs straight yet. Good job on pushing out week 9 day 1!!

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Week 8 finished this morning!

Yesterday -- Week 8, Day 4

I did 3 sets of 12 on all.  I subbed Hello Darlings for the Russian Twists, but did sets of 15 of these because they are a bit easier.  Overall, this was a pretty easy workout for me.  That must be because the next workout is stappers...

Today -- Week 8, Day 5

Stappers are so brutal.  I actually kind of like them.  :rolleyes-new:

I did 11 full sets of all 3 exercises (up from 10 last week).  I did close-grip push-ups to add some difficulty to those, and I accidentally did 10 reps on the LMI's for about half of the rounds, instead of 8.  I guess I was too pumped/tired/delirious over the 220 lunges that I didn't pay attention to the counts of LMI's very well.  Oh, well.  A few extra LMI's won't hurt me.

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

Week 9 day 2 (tabatas)

Beat your boots - 69

Lunges- 32 (1 rep = 1 lunge per side)

Good mornings - 57

Totally underestimated Beat your boots! Definitely feeling those, and my hamstrings run tight to begin with....

• Like 3

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

Week 9 - Day 1

11/5/2014

Intervals

Push ups - 3x12
Military press -  3x12
Close Grip Push ups - 3x12 (hip height)
Dips - 3x12 (assisted)

Wow those dips, had a lot of leg assist by the last few but my arms were shaking for a good while afterward, so no doubt I got a good workout!

Managed to fall back behind due to life crap eating up the little motivation I could muster, but got back into it today when I finally just turned off my brain and told myself "go. do. it."

• Like 1

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

I totally underestimated Beat your Boots as well.  I thought it looked like the most ridiculous movement but the BURN!

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Week 9 Day 1

Push Ups 12/12/12 (did hip height focused on keeping elbows tight w/ 3 sec hold)

Military Press 12/12/12

Close Grip Push Ups 12/12/12

Seated Dips 12/12/12

Finally started week 9, going to do my best to still finish by Sunday. I decided to roll back to hip height push ups because I felt like my form was terrible and these definitely felt better.

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Week 9 - Day 2

11/6/2014

Tabatas

Beat Your Boots - 8x8
Lunges - 8x4 
Good Mornings - 8x6

Not nearly so bad as the burpees, thankfully!

• Like 1

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Did day 3 and 4 of week 8 today. that was pretty rough...

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Week 9, Day 1

I finished 12x3 on all exercises for W9D1 today.  

The dips were definitely the toughest for me today.  I don't really like assisted bodyweight exercises, because it is hard to know how much I am really "assisting" myself.  Nevertheless, I felt like my arms were going all out on the dips and all 3 sets were tough to finish, so I guess I assisted myself as much as I needed.

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger

Week 9, Day 1 Completed!

I did 12X3 for all exercises today. I agree, the assisted dips are challenging, but mainly because I'm trying not to use too much assistance. 

I'm falling a bit behind due to some personal things that came up this week, but am going to try to finish in the 10 weeks. We'll see.

• Like 3

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Week 9 Day 2 

Beat your Boots - high of 8

Lunges - 4

Good Mornings - 7

I don't think I'm flexible enough for the beat your boots, they just felt weird and like I wasn't getting enough ROM.

My range of motion is pretty limited too - I have pretty tight hamstrings - but I stuck with it and certainly felt it later on! Stick with it!

• Like 1

Week 9, Days 3&4

Combined these two today - have a long weekend of work coming up, plus prepping for the new challenge on Sunday, so I want to give myself plenty of time to make sure I start off strong. 

Day 3: Ladders

LMUs - 37 (underhand grip)

LMIs - 51 (overhand grip)

LMU - 6 (overhand) - had to stop these, as my grip wasn't good on the table and it was messing with my muscles, so I had to move on. 

LMIs - 45 (underhand grip)

Day 4: Super Sets

Vups: 5/5

Crunches: 12/12

Supermans: 5/5

Swimmers: 12/12

Bicycles: 5/5

Leg Lifts: 12/12

• Like 4

Week 9, Days 3&4

Combined these two today - have a long weekend of work coming up, plus prepping for the new challenge on Sunday, so I want to give myself plenty of time to make sure I start off strong. 

Day 3: Ladders

LMUs - 37 (underhand grip)

LMIs - 51 (overhand grip)

LMU - 6 (overhand) - had to stop these, as my grip wasn't good on the table and it was messing with my muscles, so I had to move on. 

LMIs - 45 (underhand grip)

Day 4: Super Sets

Vups: 5/5

Crunches: 12/12

Supermans: 5/5

Swimmers: 12/12

Bicycles: 5/5

Leg Lifts: 12/12

You're killing it! I fell behind this week but may be able to catch up over the next week and finish out within the 10 weeks as planned. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the next challenge. I also need to spend some time thinking about that this weekend.

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

So I ran my first ever 5k this mornng with my daughter. I set myself a goal of under 36 minutes and succeeded, finishing around 35:50. Being the glutton for punishment that I have become lately, I decided to do week 9 day 2 as soon as I got home from the race.

I did at least 8 of each in every round, though I did 9 lunges and 9 good mornings on most of the sets. I didn't do great on the beat your boots, because I had a tough time getting as low as he does in the video. Nevertheless, I did 8 in each round and felt the burn in my legs.

It's going to be tight, but I will finish all 10 weeks by next Sunday.

• Like 4

Level 4 Ranger

You're killing it! I fell behind this week but may be able to catch up over the next week and finish out within the 10 weeks as planned. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the next challenge. I also need to spend some time thinking about that this weekend.

Thanks! Stick with it even if you fell behind a little. You can finish strong!!
  • Like 1

So I ran my first ever 5k this mornng with my daughter. I set myself a goal of under 36 minutes and succeeded, finishing around 35:50. Being the glutton for punishment that I have become lately, I decided to do week 9 day 2 as soon as I got home from the race.

I did at least 8 of each in every round, though I did 9 lunges and 9 good mornings on most of the sets. I didn't do great on the beat your boots, because I had a tough time getting as low as he does in the video. Nevertheless, I did 8 in each round and felt the burn in my legs.

It's going to be tight, but I will finish all 10 weeks by next Sunday.

Congrats on the 5k! That is super fast!
  • Like 1

So it seems that I will be finishing a week after everyone since I missed a week. Instead of letting it get me down and quitting I am going to push through though. I have seen awesome results and if I am not mistaken so have most of you!

I completed the last day of week 8 today, the problem being I did it 40 minutes before my work friends wedding. Then I danced all night... My bad knee feels like its not even in one piece anymore. But I had a blast. And I blew away my previous coworkers with my dancing skills. All the women wanted to dance with me... Only problem was they where all married or twice my age...

• Like 4

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Week 9, Day 3

LMU 63

LMI 75

LMU 48 - my arms were too tired to continue these, so after 10 reps I switched these to "knees bent" reverse LMU's.

LMI 81

Week 9, Day 4

I subbed planks for the v-ups and bicycles, which would have caused back issues. I did one plank each time, and counted 1 rep for each 10 seconds of the plank. So, for example, a 60 second plank is listed as 6 reps. I don't know whether everyone will agree with this approach, but a 60 second plank is very hard for me to do, so it seemed reasonable to me.

Plank/crunch 6/12 x2

Superman/swimmer 6/12 x2

Plank/leg lift 5/12 x2

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger

My range of motion is pretty limited too - I have pretty tight hamstrings - but I stuck with it and certainly felt it later on! Stick with it!

So yeah... I felt the aftermath of the beat your boots yesterday. They did something even if it didn't feel like it at the time.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

I finished Week 9 today.

Week 9, Day 5 - Stappers

I did 12 full sets today, up from 11 last week. I did my push-ups as close-grip hip-height to add a little more difficulty there. I also added an extra 10 push-ups to the end after set 12, because I had 20 seconds left. The hard part of Stappers for me is the ridiculous number of lunges, not the other two rounds.

I think tomorrow is a rest day, then on to he finish line!

• Like 2

Level 4 Ranger

Week 10 Day 1

Supersets

Classic Push ups - 5/5

Shove Offs - 12/12

Military Press - 5/5

Thumbs up - 12/12

Close grip push ups (knee height) - 5/5

Seated Dips (straight legs) - 9/12

Wasn't able to complete the first round of seated dips - maybe my form was off, but 9 was it.  Was able to do them the second time around. :)

• Like 4