[ONGOING]10 Week YAYOG Ladder Challenge

Happy Halloween everyone!

It annoyed the hell out of my wife that I was doing my workout an hour before we were supposed to leave for a halloween party, but I did it anyway!  :indecisiveness:

Week 8 - Day 5

10/31/2014

Stappers

Back Lunges: 100

Let Me Ins: 80

Push-ups: 60 (hands on ground)

I upped the push ups to regular style, so it felt like much more of a balanced workout this time. In other news, I've been eating way too much candy this week, I may have to really tighten things up on the push to thanksgiving.

• Like 2

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Happy Halloween everyone!

It annoyed the hell out of my wife that I was doing my workout an hour before we were supposed to leave for a halloween party, but I did it anyway! :indecisiveness:

Week 8 - Day 5

10/31/2014

Stappers

Let Me Ins: 80

Push-ups: 60 (hands on ground)

I upped the push ups to regular style, so it felt like much more of a balanced workout this time. In other news, I've been eating way too much candy this week, I may have to really tighten things up on the push to thanksgiving.

So far I haven't had candy at all, but I did have a brownie at 3 am...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I did week 8 day 1 today. This one was really tough. I am not good at burpees. At all. My best was 3.5 in a single set, but I was closer to 2.5 for most of the mini sets.

I did the full eight rounds of the exercises like this:

Push-ups - thigh high - 11

Rocking chairs - 9

Burpees - 2

On the positive side, I lost 2.4 pounds last week, which puts me at 29.4 pounds since I joined NF in late July.

• Like 5

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

@cn3wton - I had 2 last night.  :grumpy: 

@caolan - I wasn't good at burpees either.  I couldn't get the jump my legs back part.  But once I used the 2nd step instead of the floor, this worked much better.   Way to go on the weight loss so far.  That is great progress.

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Week 8 Day 4

Leg Lifts w/ 2 sec up/down, 4 sec hold 12/12/12

Hyperextensions 4 sec hold 12/12/12

Hello Darlings w/ 2 sec hold 12/12/12 (subbed for Russian twists)

Swimmers w/ 4 sec hold 12/12/12

Yay for not needing to go outside to work out!

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Week 8, Day 2

Back Lunges - 45 per leg

Single-leg Calf Raises - 45 per leg (subbed for the Bulgarians)

Squats - 76

Good Mornings - 58 (I gota bit aggressive with these at the start, and felt a twinge in my back about 25 reps in.  I slowed down for the rest of the reps, and will b e taking it easy for a day or so).

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger

Getting caught up! 

Week 8 Day 3 (Supersets)

Pull Ups (assisted): 5/5

LMIs: 12/9

LMIs: 5/5

LMUs: 7/5

LMIs: 12/12

LMUs: 5/5

Week 8, Day 4 (intervals)

leg lifts: 12/12/12 (definitely shaking by the end though)

Hyperextensions: 12/12/12

Russian Twists: 12/12/12

Swimmers: 12/12/12

Week 8, Day 5 (stappers)

Let me ins: 80

Classic Pushups (hip height): 60

So I went into today's workout with a pretty poor attitude, that I was tired, and didn't feel like it, blah blah blah.  And I ended up hunkering down and doing more than I did last time with stappers.  There are two points here: don't underestimate what you can do, even with a bad attitude, and just think about what I could have done if I had gone into it with more energy and a positive outlook.... But I am done with week 8 and onto week 9!  Too far to stop now!

• Like 2

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

So I did week 8 day 1 today... Today was not my day apparently. I had considered upping the difficulties of the push ups but was glad I didnt. By the time I got to the burpees I had no strength left. I started went to go down and couldnt, so I was going to cut out the push up part. But after 2 of them without a push up I said to myself "No I am not going to stand for that" so I did 2 with a push up before the 20seconds ended. Then I kept going, sometimes I couldn't go down all the way, but I did what I could. At one point I got stuck halfway down, I wanted to give up, but I pushed myself up and finished. I just felt weak during the whole thing today.

But I feel like I had a good workout so thats good I guess.

• Like 4

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

So I did week 8 day 1 today... Today was not my day apparently. I had considered upping the difficulties of the push ups but was glad I didnt. By the time I got to the burpees I had no strength left. I started went to go down and couldnt, so I was going to cut out the push up part. But after 2 of them without a push up I said to myself "No I am not going to stand for that" so I did 2 with a push up before the 20seconds ended. Then I kept going, sometimes I couldn't go down all the way, but I did what I could. At one point I got stuck halfway down, I wanted to give up, but I pushed myself up and finished. I just felt weak during the whole thing today.

And that's almost exactly how I felt too! It was like I had the strength of an infant or something, not only in the pushups, but on the jump as well.
  • Like 1

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

And that's almost exactly how I felt too! It was like I had the strength of an infant or something, not only in the pushups, but on the jump as well.

Its good to hear Im not alone then... I thought that it was maybe ill affects of Halloween night drinking...

I wanted to give up, but I pushed myself up and finished.

Good job sticking with it and finishing. Pushing through and finishing only a couple of reps is much better than giving up and saying "I can't do it."

I think a lot of us struggled with that workout.

• Like 2

Level 4 Ranger

This morning was week 8 day 3. I finished 5/12 on all of the exercises. The LMU's were so much easier this week. For the first time, I really felt like I had the strength to do them all with good form, whether it was the fast, explosive sets, or the slow, deliberate sets. It's always nice to see progress like that.

I also bought some weight lifting gloves last week, and I find they help me with the LMU's and the pull ups, which I do from a tree limb. Both are a lot gentler on the hands wih gloves. Thanks RxLady for the suggestion a few weeks ago!

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger

Way to push through.  I was in the same boat and mostly wasn't able to go all the way down on the push up part.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Halloween was an absolute bugger so I got behind again and felt crappy due to all the pizza and candy.  

So I hit the gym on Sunday and did Week 8 D3 and D4.  Here was my post-halloween workout

Assisted pull up - 5

LMIs - 12

30 seconds rest

1 min rowing

30 seconds rest

negative pull ups - 5 (I felt I got a better full range of motion this way and just felt better)

LMIs - 12

30 seconds rest

1 min rowing

30 seconds rest

LMI - 5

LMU - 12

rest/row/rest

LMI - 5

LMU - 12

rest/row/rest

LMU - 5

LMI - 12

rest/row/rest

LMU - 5

LMI - 12

leg lifts 12/12/12 

hyperextensions 12/12/12

Russian twists - 12/12/12

Swimmers 12/12/12

I felt great improvement on the core exercises.  The leg lifts felt much stronger.  They didn't feel impossible until rep 9 or 10.  it used to feel impossible on rep 1.  Also, russian twists were always a bane as I felt I couldn't do them properly.  These are so much easier now.  I tried to focus on going slower to hold the positions longer.  

And, BTW - I feel quite ridiculous doing hyperextensions and swimmers at the gym.  

• Like 5

And, BTW - I feel quite ridiculous doing hyperextensions and swimmers at the gym.  

Lol I can only imagine.

Congrats on the leg lifts. I actually found that when I do them something pops... My right hip or something... It is very strange. Not usually painful though...

Iwill update the ladder later tonight, if everyones not in the right spots tomorrow please let me know guys. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Week 8

So if you've made it this far you don't really need instruction. You are a beast who just doesn't quit!

Just remember that even things that look easy can prove to be challenging. Even the good mornings, that look simple, can become difficult if done slowly and with correct form.

Keep it up!

So I have completed week 8 day 2. The good mornings looked easy so I skipped the rest between them and squats... That was a mistake.

I made sure I had my core and glutes engaged and went through the motion as slow as I could. My legs where shaking by the end.

So I have decided that I have a bonus for the people who finish. You get to add something to the week 1 post. It can be a note to future participants. It can be a motivational video or picture. Whatever you want! Its a sort of "I was here" kind of thing. And can serve to motivate people who are on the fence of joining!

I am hoping that maybe I can get some people to join in next challenge. I will have this thing fully automated by then (spreadsheet leaderboard etc). So I dont have to watch it like a hawk. So that it can continue helping and inspiring people! 

• Like 4

So I have completed week 8 day 2. The good mornings looked easy so I skipped the rest between them and squats... That was a mistake.

I made sure I had my core and glutes engaged and went through the motion as slow as I could. My legs where shaking by the end.

So I have decided that I have a bonus for the people who finish. You get to add something to the week 1 post. It can be a note to future participants. It can be a motivational video or picture. Whatever you want! Its a sort of "I was here" kind of thing. And can serve to motivate people who are on the fence of joining!

I am hoping that maybe I can get some people to join in next challenge. I will have this thing fully automated by then (spreadsheet leaderboard etc). So I dont have to watch it like a hawk. So that it can continue helping and inspiring people! 

This has been an awesome challenge! Thanks for setting it up and keeping it going. I want to continue after completing this ten week challenge. Let me know how I can help!

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Week 8, Day 5:

Stappers. 

These are challenging, but I felt myself really get in the zone during this workout. I felt unstoppable and it was a great feeling!

Back Lunges - 8X10 = 80

Let Me Ins - 8X8 = 64

Push Ups - 8X6 = 48

Week 8 Complete! Starting week 9 tomorrow.

• Like 4

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Aah, thanks for keep posting everyone. I'm still stuck on week 5 halfway, last week was no YAYOG - I could only managed to do one set of counter push up everyday with increasing reps (24 now), sometimes doing 4 mins HIIT, but that's all. I'll try to get back on track this week. At least to finish Week 5. Then I'm halfway done. Hopefully...

- Tapatalk helped me posted this ;-)

.: d3li9ht :.

Level 2 Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 3.3 ][ DEX 2.9 ][ STA 4 ][ CON 3.2 ][ WIS 4 ][ CHA 2 ]

Challenges:  #0.5  |  #1.5  |  #3 CURRENT  |  YAYOG PVP (W5D3)  

The Awesome Colorful Spreadsheets 

Aah, thanks for keep posting everyone. I'm still stuck on week 5 halfway, last week was no YAYOG - I could only managed to do one set of counter push up everyday with increasing reps (24 now), sometimes doing 4 mins HIIT, but that's all. I'll try to get back on track this week. At least to finish Week 5. Then I'm halfway done. Hopefully...

- Tapatalk helped me posted this ;-)

we're here for you.  I've only got 2 weeks left but I'll be working more YAYOG into my next challenge so I'll continue to post here.  

• Like 1

Week 9 day 1! (Push intervals)

Classic push ups- 7/8/5

Military press (knee height) 12/12/12

Close grip push ups (hip height) : 12/12/12

Dips 6/12/12 - so the actual dips weren't for me yet. I felt like I was using my legs way too much and my set up wasn't great. So after the first set, I switched to seated dips. Still worked the triceps which is good, just not sure my arms are ready for upright dips yet. Otherwise good workout. Getting pumped for the next challenge!

• Like 3

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG