[ONGOING]10 Week YAYOG Ladder Challenge

Hey d3li9ht, this is what I bought Pull-up bar. I'm going to only use part of it for rows and put it between two tables.

Hey, I just saw that too on Amazon US earlier today! I don't know if it can be shipped to Japan, though..

The Amazon Japan have this though: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0057TUYG4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_BgBdub1XFAQEF

(sorry long link)

But unfortunately my apartment doors don't have the type of frame required for it :(

So I'm thinking of something like this... (still searching for lower price) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00AYCCVTM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_SjBdub0V56B0J

By the way -- how do you install the pull up bar between two desks? I can't imagine it...

.: d3li9ht :.

Level 2 Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 3.3 ][ DEX 2.9 ][ STA 4 ][ CON 3.2 ][ WIS 4 ][ CHA 2 ]

Challenges:  #0.5  |  #1.5  |  #3 CURRENT  |  YAYOG PVP (W5D3)  

The Awesome Colorful Spreadsheets 

Day 1 workout completed! :panda:

I did 3 sets of 10 each. ETA - This ended up being my warm up, as I totally forgot to do the ladders! *facepalm* Ladders added.

• Push Ups (with hands on elevated platform)/Ladders: 49
  • Let Me Ins/Ladders: 64
  • Seated Dips (with feet on Ground)/Ladders: 64
  • Let Me Ups (with knees bent)/Ladders: 25

The Let Me Ups were the hardest for me...I felt a slight pinching in my right elbow while I was doing the exercise. I may need to find a way to modify this a bit, although I'm hopeful that the pinching will go away as I develop more upper body strength. For now, I'm going to try and keep working through it. 

And my biceps are BURNING right now...it felt weird just picking up my recovery smoothie! I LOVE this feeling. Lets me know it's working. ^.^

• Like 3

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

Soon Is Now

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Workout 1 COMPLETED

9/8/14

Classic Push Up's with hands at knee height = 63 

Let Me Ins with knees at 90 degrees = 78 

Seated Dips with knees slightly bent = 78

Let Me Ups with knees bent = 46

So after completing this all I have to say is... WOW that was awesome.

A few notes.

With seated dips make sure you put your feet at the same spot each time. Close to you means easier. I marked it with a mat after I realized that some steps of the ladder where easier than the previous. I ended up having just a slight bend in my knees. I would suggest something along the lines of 45 degrees. If you have to bend them more please make sure you focus on pushing with your upper body, and not with your legs.

Let Me Ups... this is more of a personal issue really. I put my feet up on a chair when doing these, making my body go below my feet. So I made it harder than I should have... Even with knees bent. At one point I tried taking my feet off of it and it was so much easier than I immediatly pulled the chair back over and started the rep range over again...

All in all I am satisfied with the workout. Can't wait to hear what you guys think!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Also a quick note, my APP counted up past 4 (I got to 13 on let me ins), so Daniel you might need to update or check your app!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

By the way -- how do you install the pull up bar between two desks? I can't imagine it...

You just set the bar on top of the desks.

• Like 1

I read the entire book on the plane and I'm going to try and participate! I won't be able to start until Wednesday this week due to traveling but after that it will be more like M Tu Th F. I think I am aiming for around 2000 calories but will confirm when I get home. (I did the calculator before I left). This sounds like a ton of calories. More details about me and my plan when I return!

• Like 3

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

I have changed the topic title to just ongoing instead of saying [sept 8- Ongoing] that way people know that they can join whenever.

Hope theres no confusion!

• Like 1

You assemble it at home. What I'm going to do is take off the curved parts so it's just the straight bar. Then I can just put the triangle bits on btw two tables or whatever.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Workout 1 COMPLETED

Let Me Ups... this is more of a personal issue really. I put my feet up on a chair when doing these, making my body go below my feet. So I made it harder than I should have... Even with knees bent. At one point I tried taking my feet off of it and it was so much easier than I immediatly pulled the chair back over and started the rep range over again...

All in all I am satisfied with the workout. Can't wait to hear what you guys think!

Wow, that was a brave attempt. It will be a long time before I tried doing rows even with my legs straight let alone elevated.

From what I know, the closer to vertical the easier they are, just like push ups. You also want to focus on using your lats by trying to pull your shoulder blades together.

I'll be doing my workout after work.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Okay I plan on starting this anyways so I might as well be apart of this group! :) Keep me accountable and stuff.

My stats are:

Height: 5'10

Weight: 240lbs

Body Fat: 40.1%

Muscle: 34.5% (roughly - Ill update tomorrow maybe)

I will be doing the Basic program on M, W, Th, Su  (I may swap Th for F morning, or Sa)

On top of this I will be riding a horse 2 times a week. A buttkicking lesson Saturday and an easier ride Thursday.

My main goal is to lose 50lbs by August 1st 2015. (if I get to 190lbs by the deadline I get a free trip to Italy).

I will be doing W1D1 after work. I don't have any solid knobs I can do the Let Me Ins, nor do I have anything currently to do the Let Me Ups so I will be going to the park. I figure I can get creative with it there. 

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Okay I plan on starting this anyways so I might as well be apart of this group! :) Keep me accountable and stuff.

My stats are:

Height: 5'10

Weight: 240lbs

Body Fat: 40.1%

Muscle: 34.5% (roughly - Ill update tomorrow maybe)

I will be doing the Basic program on M, W, Th, Su (I may swap Th for F morning, or Sa)

On top of this I will be riding a horse 2 times a week. A buttkicking lesson Saturday and an easier ride Thursday.

My main goal is to lose 50lbs by August 1st 2015. (if I get to 190lbs by the deadline I get a free trip to Italy).

I will be doing W1D1 after work. I don't have any solid knobs I can do the Let Me Ins, nor do I have anything currently to do the Let Me Ups so I will be going to the park. I figure I can get creative with it there.

Welcome!

Alternative to the bar from amazon is a crowbar or sledgehammer shaft tied across the backs of two chairs

For let me ups I have put hands over rather than under, whilst I know hands under replicate chins ups which are meant to be easier I weirdly find them more difficult then the lull up variant. I think I struggle getting my arms across my chest so I have changes the form for this exercise a wee bit.

I had a dry run through last week and will start my first session tomorrow and then legs Wednesday after physio

• Like 1

Week 1 - Day 1: Conquered!

9/8/14

Push-Ups (hands knee height): 71

Let Me Ins (towel on doorknob): 64

Seated Dips (knees 90°): 75

Let Me Ups (knees 90°): 58

Wow that was a good workout, my arms felt pretty much destroyed after finishing! I tried to keep a moderate pace and difficulty so that I could hit a reasonable rep count at the top of each ladder (aimed for about 10). The Let Me Ups, being last, were probably the hardest, I only made it up to about 7 reps before having to decrease. With the Let Me Ins I just couldn't figure out what was really supposed to be working, place I felt it most was probably in my legs! It also seemed like doing them more quickly amounted to not much more than humping the door...  :playful:

Great job to those who've completed today already and good luck to those who are about to start! Putting up any numbers puts you ahead of no numbers! :D

• Like 4

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

I had something come up, so I am going to start fresh next week. I will do a dry run sometime this week though. :( I am disappoint.

Ok

Well, I did it. I think I'm gonna need to hit the park for Thursday. The surfaces I was using for the let me ups wasn't quite high enough but I have to be really careful with that one anyways.

• Push ups - 55
  • Let me in - 55
  • Dips - 58
  • Let me up - 63

Now I need to make dinner o.0 and take another walk.

• Like 3

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Here are my stats:

Height: 4'10

Weight: 116 lbs

Body fat: 30.8%

I'll be starting the program tomorrow. I was going to begin today, but I decided to take advantage of the fact that it wasn't raining to get in a run and dog walk. Little did I know that I'd get caught a mile and a half away from home in a downpour. Should've just stayed home and done my YAYOG workout as planned.

I may need to adjust days based on travel and schedule conflicts, but I plan to do these on T, R, Sa, Su.

My main goal is to develop strength in my core and arms.

• Like 1

I'll be starting the program tomorrow. I was going to begin today, but I decided to take advantage of the fact that it wasn't raining to get in a run and dog walk. Little did I know that I'd get caught a mile and a half away from home in a downpour. Should've just stayed home and done my YAYOG workout as planned.

I love when that happens. :sarcastic: A lot of the time it happens when I don't have my rain coat with me :sad panda: Luckily(?) I lived in Portland OR for about 5 years so rain doesn't really bother me unless it cold out or I get soaked to the bones.

Glad to have you on board for YAYOG! If you use MFP, there are a few of use using it as well if you want friends there.

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Modified this slightly from my trial run on Saturday.

Wall Push-Ups (rehabbing a sore elbow) - 91

Let Me Ins (used a post) - 91

Seated Dips (between 2 chairs, knees 90°) - 66

Let Me Ups (used oly rings, about 45° angle) - 61

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I have changed the topic title to just ongoing instead of saying [sept 8- Ongoing] that way people know that they can join whenever.

Hope theres no confusion!

Thanks.  I am glad to hear this.  It looks like I am going to have to skip week 1 as I let my back heal, but I am excited to get started once my back is ready to go.  I will be rooting for all of you this week!

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

It seems everybody is doing good.

Look forward to everyone continuing on! And those who have to join next week, we will be here!