[ONGOING]10 Week YAYOG Ladder Challenge

The allotted time for each exercise is the same so it doesn't matter if your ladder goes up to 4 or up to 40 you will still do the same total amount of reps, one way you are just doing more sets.

Thats actually not the case, while it may be close you may do differing amounts due to fatigue near the top of the ladder.

Both are good.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I was looking into the app today and I am a bit disappointed that the iPhone only goes up to 4. I think I will just track it manually. My boyfriend and I are starting next week for sure and we are both excited. In the mean time I have been trying to find suitable places to do the Let Me Ins and Let Me Ups in my house, because I could see myself making excuses if its raining outside or for the winter when its too cold to get out there.

My old gym I used to go to had some sort of rack with a barbell across it. I feel that would be ideal for the incline push-ups and let me ups, as I am not convinced a broom can hold my body weight :tongue: Someone said they used a crowbar and that might be a more size/price efficient set up. I'm also concerned about ruining any doors/doorknobs in my parents house. I was going to use a tree and rope haha but I need an indoor version. Ideas?

Ill take one of these please :P

5307799608_dbdc5a47ea.jpg

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

2 words.....

Bicep DOMS

:hurt:

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Also i read the target reps was 36 for each exercise and rather than just belting as many out as possible it is preferential to go as slow as possible, the slower you go the more you're body has to work

Try it for yourself! See how many press ups you can do in ten seconds and then make one press up last for ten seconds of co tenuous movement. The one rep of ten seconds will probably ache more

I'm concerned about target reps, too. Bcoz I read a quote from the book "not to outdone the target reps"... If the person quoted it right..

I will see which one I prefer (going slow or going fast) next exercise day. Today my whole body is sore bcoz I did YAYOG & stronglift yesterday :((

.: d3li9ht :.

Level 2 Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 3.3 ][ DEX 2.9 ][ STA 4 ][ CON 3.2 ][ WIS 4 ][ CHA 2 ]

Challenges:  #0.5  |  #1.5  |  #3 CURRENT  |  YAYOG PVP (W5D3)  

The Awesome Colorful Spreadsheets 

Week 1 - Day 2: Completed!

9/9/2014

Back Lunges: 45

One-legged Romanian Deadlifts: 28

Squats: 66

Swimmers: 36

My legs have always been stronger (lots of Soccer all through high school) so today didn't feel nearly as difficult as the first day. I've been doing squats and lunges for the past month already, so those were easy enough to jump in to. Swimmers didn't seem too bad either, though I certainly did feel them by the end. The Romanian Deadlifts were a surprise though. I haven't done those before and my hamstrings seemed really tight. I had to go pretty slow to get a good range of motion without hurting myself. I'll definitely be targeting those muscles for a much more thorough warmup before the next leg day... :)

• Like 4

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Question - do I have to complete all four exercises in one time; or can I break them into four 7.5mins session at different time of the day; if I find it hard to get 30-45mins free time?

Week 1 Day 2 - Completed!

Back lunges (assisted with a step) 28

RDL - 25

Squats - 51

swimmers - 43

I went much slower and stuck with going up to 4 reps.  I felt much better afterwards.  Plus I have knee issues so I was focusing on form.  I felt great afterwards (well except for the upper body DOMS) but then did Just Dance 4 with my daughter...  All those jumps and crazy moves were not kind to my knees...  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

YAYOG Day Two update:

Back Lunges - 25

Romanian Deadlifts - 25

Squats - 43

Swimmers - 31

I took my time today and concentrated on form. Although I could have gone a little faster on the lunges, it turns out. The deadlifts were difficult for me because I don't have the greatest balance. The swimmers were definitely challenging, but I just took my time on them.

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Hello all!  Here are the details I promised!

I am 30 years old, 5'4'', 187.8 lbs, %BF somewhere between 34-39 depending on the calculator.  I plan to do the beginner 10 week program, likely on M/Tu/Th/F (depending on my work schedule, this could vary, but this will be the plan for now - this week is also the exception due to travelling so I will be working out W/Th/F/Sa).

So today was day 1 of the beginner 10 week program.  I used the app, which I'm not sure I like for anything but a timer, since it wants you to push the button all the time for increasing/decreasing reps, and I would rather focus on the reps themselves.  So I will be counting my own reps/rest time instead of using the app for that. But it is great for videos of all the different modifications. 

My results:

Push-ups: 61 (waist level elevation)

Let Me Ins: 68  (90 degree bend in knees)

Seated Dips: 92 (knees bent, easiest mod)

Let me ups: 31  (knees bent, easiest mod)

My arms feel pretty dead. :) So I am guessing I did something right.  It was even hard to unload the dishwasher. :P

I need some help on the calorie front.  We are only using the calories calculated using the Mark Lauren calorie calculator, correct? (which calculates mine as 2037 daily) Not the calories that MFP calculates (closer to 1460)?  Can you actually go in and edit the goal calories for MFP?  And does anyone else feel like the ML calculator calories are on the high side?  

Off to walk the dog and then work. ugh. Coming back from vacation is hard. XD

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

My results:

Push-ups: 61 (waist level elevation)

Let Me Ins: 68  (90 degree bend in knees)

Seated Dips: 92 (knees bent, easiest mod)

Let me ups: 31  (knees bent, easiest mod)

My arms feel pretty dead. :) So I am guessing I did something right.  It was even hard to unload the dishwasher. :tongue:

Good job on your workout!

I need some help on the calorie front.  We are only using the calories calculated using the Mark Lauren calorie calculator, correct? (which calculates mine as 2037 daily) Not the calories that MFP calculates (closer to 1460)?  Can you actually go in and edit the goal calories for MFP?  And does anyone else feel like the ML calculator calories are on the high side?  

The calorie side depends on a bunch of factors but you really don't want to eat less than your BMR. Lanithroe put together a video that talks about BMR and TDEE which might help you figure out the right calorie goal. I stuck your info into the IIFYM TDEE calc which gave a BMR of 1545 and a suggested goal of ~1850 exercising 4 days a week and with a 15% fat loss.

Regarding MFP, you can customize your calorie goal and macro distribution by using the custom goal option.

HTH!!

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

The calorie side depends on a bunch of factors but you really don't want to eat less than your BMR. Lanithroe put together a video that talks about BMR and TDEE which might help you figure out the right calorie goal. I stuck your info into the IIFYM TDEE calc which gave a BMR of 1545 and a suggested goal of ~1850 exercising 4 days a week and with a 15% fat loss.

Regarding MFP, you can customize your calorie goal and macro distribution by using the custom goal option.

HTH!!

Thank you!  This helps.  I was thinking to myself that somewhere around 1800 felt right (since it was between the Mark Lauren calculator goal and my RMR as calculated by the book) but I didn't have a very good reason for choosing that calorie amount.  So in light of all this, I think I will shoot for between 1800-1900 calories per day.  

• Like 1

Thank you!  This helps.  I was thinking to myself that somewhere around 1800 felt right (since it was between the Mark Lauren calculator goal and my RMR as calculated by the book) but I didn't have a very good reason for choosing that calorie amount.  So in light of all this, I think I will shoot for between 1800-1900 calories per day.  

Glad I could help!

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

I concur with Sloth-Like.  The average is 300-500 extra calories burned from producing milk. 

Day 3 done and it was/is freaking cold outside... current 46 degrees. Anyway here's my results

push ups 51 moved to a lower surface, the back of a park bench so just below waist
Let Me Ins - 55
Seated Dips - 46
Let Me Ups - 36, did a slow negative

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Despite horrible DOMS, I completed Day 2 today!

post-31727-14104416580019_thumb.jpg

Back Lunges: 33

One-legged Romanian Deadlift: 21

Squats: 40

Swimmers: 40

After the exercise, I tried to ease the pain on my thighs by foam roller technique - using a rolling pin XD

And surprisingly... It works!

I'd have to repeat the rolling pin a few times in a day, but it'a great to know that I have a way to deal with DOMS now :)

I'm supposed to take Friday off and resume on Saturday, but I'll have an outing on Sat till Mon, not sure if I can manage to do yayog between packed schedule :(

Well, let's see tomorrow's DOMS first, lol

• Like 4

Day 2 - complete!  I actually used the app as intended, hitting the increase/decrease reps button when I was supposed to and found it actually worked out ok and I think I did it right. Once you get up in numbers for reps is becomes less tedious to follow the app.  

Workout summary:

Lunges: 46

1 leg  RDLs: 28

Squats: 85

Swimmers: 43

Definitely feeling it.  I also found that the more tightly you hold your core, the better form swimmers take, so that was good. 

Haven't really started tracking with MFP yet.. Not very good about tracking food, but maybe today. :)  I try to keep a mental tally, which I know is not the way to go, but one new thing at a time, right? 

• Like 3

Oh... I was poking the iPhone app this morning. I noticed that there is an edit sets button when you select the work out. That allows you to change your reps and number of sets. I didn't try it this morning since I didn't want to screw myself up. I'll mess with it later today to see if it changes that max number of reps but still does the ladder progression or if it does something differently.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Day 3

Classic Push-ups knee height 79

Let Me Ins 78

Seated Dips knees bent 109

Let Me Ups knees bent 91

My arms burnnnnnnn. That is all.

Just like day 1, remember to focus on form!

• Like 4

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)