Any RolePlayers here?

Not entirely unrelated though. The creators of the Warhammer universe have openly and repeatedly mentioned that it was their main inspiration :)

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

"Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!" is a battlecry from Michael Moorcock's books about the (anti)hero named Elric. Moorcock's cosmology is mostly built on the contrast of Law vs Chaos as opposed to the usual Good vs Evil and has heavily influenced fantasy literature and RPGs. D&d basically built the alignment system on that idea, while Warhammer is heavily influenced in its entirety, sometimes directly taking stuff from Moorcock's books (the star of chaos, the concept of chaos gods etc). Ever since the 1st edition of Warhammer, there's always a "thank you" section in the books where the creators openly say something along the lines of "Thanks to Michael Moorcock, whithout whom this whole thing wouldn't have existed".

So basically I'm saying, "Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!" was actually taken and adapted into "Blood for the blood god!" and "Skulls for the skull throne!" It may be a different story, but there's a direct relation between the two

Alright, enough nerd rpg trivia :D

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

D'aww....I missed this whole thread. But I'm going to post about me anyway. :P

My main introduction to RP'ing was through a PbP forum called "Adventures in Caelereth". It's still limping along but it has slowed down considerably. I've played a bit of D&D, mainly 3.0e, but I'm now getting ready to DM a 3.5e campaign. I've also played Star Wars: Saga Edition. Best RP experience that I've had. The GM was great and I loved my character. We had it going for over a year before I had to drop out due to having a baby. I've also played a few MMORPGs (WoW, SW: TOR mainly) but haven't RP'ed on them very often. 

The PbP that I played never used dice or anything. You wrote up a character and then followed our 10 Commandments of Role Playing. Pretty much you did common sense and did try to play god. I loved it because it allowed you to go into more detail with your character than your average table-top adventures did. 

• Like 2

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

Blood and souls for my lord Arioch! (I know, different story, but I couldn't resist.)

"Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!" is a battlecry from Michael Moorcock's books about the (anti)hero named Elric. Moorcock's cosmology is mostly built on the contrast of Law vs Chaos as opposed to the usual Good vs Evil and has heavily influenced fantasy literature and RPGs.

Thank you! I heard about this series from my old Gunny a few years ago and was intrigued. Since then I have forgotten about this series and was trying to remember it a few weeks ago!

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

"Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!" is a battlecry from Michael Moorcock's books about the (anti)hero named Elric. Moorcock's cosmology is mostly built on the contrast of Law vs Chaos as opposed to the usual Good vs Evil and has heavily influenced fantasy literature and RPGs. D&d basically built the alignment system on that idea, while Warhammer is heavily influenced in its entirety, sometimes directly taking stuff from Moorcock's books (the star of chaos, the concept of chaos gods etc). Ever since the 1st edition of Warhammer, there's always a "thank you" section in the books where the creators openly say something along the lines of "Thanks to Michael Moorcock, whithout whom this whole thing wouldn't have existed".

So basically I'm saying, "Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!" was actually taken and adapted into "Blood for the blood god!" and "Skulls for the skull throne!" It may be a different story, but there's a direct relation between the two

Alright, enough nerd rpg trivia :D

So what your saying is i've got even more books to add to my list now... 

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Which is always a good thing :D

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Which is always a good thing :D

Oh it is. I am also severely tempted to buy the core rules for the black crusade...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Oh it is. I am also severely tempted to buy the core rules for the black crusade...

It's been on my "want to play" list for a long while, top spots even. Especially when they started pumping out chapter-specific careers (Tome of Blood, Night Lords CSM is where my money's at). Probably the only 40K game I could enjoy along with Rogue Trader, since they're not that close to the fanatic Imperial RP. I like the idea of your upgrade choices pushing you towards a specific alignment/god as well as personal goals creating party tension and memorable situations. Once our Pathfinder game is wrapped up, we'll see what we can whip up again.

Speaking of the spreadsheet, anyone who missed the link, write your preferences here. It will be used for picking the next game and notifying those interested

Lvl 60 Multitasker

So what your saying is i've got even more books to add to my list now... 

The books went back into print a few years ago, but they can't hold a candle to the art on the originals. And some of the names of the compilations are odd. To Rescue Tanelorn? Isn't one of Tanelorn's most defining characteristics the fact that it will never need rescuing?

To return the conversation to RPGs, White Wolf Publishing named their company after Elric. There are also tabletop rulebooks for adventuring in the Elric Saga, although none of them (that I know of) were published by White Wolf. I have most if not all of them, but I can't get my friends to play. :grumpy:

But yes, add all of these to your list!

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

ive always been interested in the necrons even bought the codex!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Also dropping a link here to raise awareness

Lvl 60 Multitasker

im not a roleplayer, but have always been intrigued by D&D and have been willing to give it a shot, but most people I know and are friends with are not the typical types to be interested in anything "nerdy" or "odd/strange" so my only real option for playing would be in an online community.

Same here. My friends aren't into it.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

There's a great site called roll20.net that I advise you to check out, especially if you want to play and can't find others in your area. It's a free online platform for playing RPGs, that is also compatible with Skype and Google Hangouts. What's best about it, you can meet other players from around the world, either to play in something you've created or join in one of their games, and it supports virtually every RPG in existence.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

I've been hosting Path Finder games on board this deployment. You can assume it gets a bit strange with guys who are stuck in the middle of the ocean for long periods of time. lol

Ooh, what kind of strange? The game I've been running right now has had an unforeseen and amusing amount of vomit, Diplomacy by means of dancing, and flaming oozes impaled on earthspikes.

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Anyone playing D&D 5e? Got a home group and a play-by-post group going ... enjoying the new take on D&D which feels like a good mash-up of 2nd and 3.X to me.

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Playing the official campaign that's out, Wednesdays at our local hobby store. I have to say I'm pretty excited about D&d v5

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

One of the best moments I had in pathfinder was roleplay based with a group that shied away from it.

I forgot the details but they where outside a door and they knew a halfling was hiding inside. My friend who was playing an orc barbarian won initiative so decided to burst through the door. The other players let him handle on his own so this is how it went down.

He burst through the door with tremendous force, screaming hello at the top of his lungs causing the halfling to recoil in fear. Upon realizing that he was not hostile the half orc picks up the halfling like an infant and attempts to comfort him by rocking it in his massive arms speaking in the sweetest voice he could muster.

• Like 1

Exalted, Pathfinder (or D&D 3.5), nWoD, especially W:tF and C:tL. oWoD, esp V:tM, L5R.

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Hey everybody, are P2P game is still going on. Actually just getting ramped up again after a crazy holiday season. If anyone is interested we could use 2-3 new players as life has caused many to be unable to continue. (though if they can return they are more than welcome to.)

You can find the adventure here http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53425-pathfinder-beginner-journey/

As the first thread said this was kind of a test adventure, as a few of us (myself included), had never done anything like this before. 

Please let me know if your interested by either messaging me, replying here, or visiting the ooc page linked to in the first post of the story.

Well, that D&d 5ed went down the drain, since more than half the players weren't serious about it and kept missing sessions. I assure you, it has nothing to do with my Zentharim LE Tiefling Warlock killing a fellow party member.

Our nWoD Vampire LARP is moving along wonderfully, my character has risen to become the city's Seneschal and next week there's a nation-wide LARP going down.

Started GMing a Shadowrun 5ed game, due to massive interest had to split it into 2 groups. Might recruit a second GM if stuff gets too pressing, besides SR is a quite rules-heavy game

Made a WW1 veteran for an upcoming Cthulhu 7ed game which began as Orient Express and ended up as Masks of Nyarlathotep. Not sure if I'm gonna go through with this one though, my schedule's starting to look too heavy

Lvl 60 Multitasker