Amdhiel's perpetual quest to become BAMF

Wow, that's some great progress! Looks like you are gaining muscle!

Thanks! Slowly but surely the change is coming :D. I'm starting to see the difference too, I have some definition in my calves and biceps :D.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Nothing like regular exercise to stimulate the appetite! Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on....

So I'm lame and didn't see this earlier... I'm guessing/hoping that you're quoting from Disgustipated by Tool... If so you are totally baller!!

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Had a PT session this morning and overall I'm seeing decreases in the sciatica issues. He also gave me some suggestions for stretching my shoulder which will hopefully help with improving mobility. I'm going give myself a side quest of stretching my shoulders and hamstrings 1x a day and doing sciatica stuff 2-3 times a day. I need to turn this stuff into habits if I'm ever want to be able to do more serious movement based stuff.

I'm thinking that one of my quests next challenge may involve hanging based on idoportal's hanging challenge since it recommends starting with 7 mins of passive hangs for situations like mine (strong & inflexible shoulders). It also seems quite sensible to work on considering I'd really like to decrease and/or fight off carpal tunnel issues and I have long term goals for things like climbing and parkour.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Great news on the decrease in sciatica issues! I also like the link to the hanging challenge. I'm going to check that out. =)

• Like 1

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

Great news on the decrease in sciatica issues! I also like the link to the hanging challenge. I'm going to check that out. =)

Yeah I was poking around the other day and found it. I figure it's a reasonable place to start since I'm trying to increase flexibility so why not do 6 weeks of hanging 7 mins a day. That will def be harder for me than the stuff I've been doing. I need a challenge, right? If you want to do it next challenge we can cheer each other on :D

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Well, I've pretty much ignored my battle log for the entire 6WC and now I have a better idea of what will be going here on a regular basis. Going forward, this will be the home of the small daily things I need to keep doing like tracking food and water intake, non-6WC fitness stuff, measurements/progress and ofc other randomness.

tumblr_n916srhgTY1sq0n89o1_400.gif

10/27/14

Food - Fat 91, Carbs 167, Protein 139, Calories 2,029

• Bfast - Peaches w/ cottage cheese and coffee
  • AM Snack - protein bar
  • Lunch - mini hamburger w/ broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
  • PM Snack - apple w/ pb
  • Dinner - chicken w/ broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

Water - 14 cups

Steps - 7,911

• Like 3

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Subed!

Let's go team!! :D

w00t!! In it to win it :D

10/28/14

Food - Fat 56, Carbs 148, Protein 150, Calories 1,819

Bfast - Peaches w/ cottage cheese and coffee

AM Snack - beef jerky

Lunch - chicken w/ broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

PM Snack - protein bar

Dinner - mini hamburger w/ broccoli

Water - 14 cups

Steps - 7,837

YAYOG - Leg Ladders Back Lunge 36, OLRDL 28, Squats 55, Good Mornings 48

Was going to do a walk/jog but ended up staying at the office until 6 which threw off mah plans. At least I sucked it up and knocked out my YAYOG, didn't really want to do it >.<. I also still need to eat my dinner, that's next on my list. Planning to hit the sack between 10 and 11.

%23!.gif

• Like 3

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

That birdie gif... [emoji178] [emoji178] ...

What type of jerky do you eat? I've been thinking about trying it as a good protein snack but I'm worried it will be too salty!

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

That birdie gif... [emoji178] [emoji178] ...

What type of jerky do you eat? I've been thinking about trying it as a good protein snack but I'm worried it will be too salty!

Well... I've just been grabbing what they have at the office which is Jack Links. I think I'm going to see about ordering something that's out of better beef. It's good tho, I don't find it too salty but I do make sure to drink a decent bit of water with it.

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Well... I've just been grabbing what they have at the office which is Jack Links. I think I'm going to see about ordering something that's out of better beef. It's good tho, I don't find it too salty but I do make sure to drink a decent bit of water with it.

Making jerky isn't difficult, if you're willing to invest $40 in a dehydrator.  Then, you will know exactly what beef your eating.

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

Making jerky isn't difficult, if you're willing to invest $40 in a dehydrator.  Then, you will know exactly what beef your eating.

Don't dehydrators take up a crapton of space tho? Some things I read said you can do it in the oven over 6-8 hours... I'd rather make my own or find a good source of non-chemical loaded. I know UW has a butcher where they sell meat from their stock and I'm pretty sure its a grass fed herd, I should ask my sister.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

this is the one I have...

http://smile.amazon.com/Nesco-FD-60-Snackmaster-Express-Dehydrator/dp/B000LNVUJQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1414611128&sr=1-3&keywords=dehydrator

It's a little more than a foot in diameter, and the trays are removable, so you can use as many or as few as you want.  It takes up about the same amount of counter space as my crock pot.

• Like 1

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

this is the one I have...

I may just buy one... there's just too many things to buy like new glasses and contacts >.<.

Wednesday and Thursday were a bit rough for me. I think it's due to being that time of the month and it getting colder and darker.

10/29/14 - I forgot to log one thing but it doesn't change that it was a day of food fail

Food - Fat 53, Carbs 265, Protein 138, Calories 2,405

AM Snack - protein bar

Lunch - chicken w/ yam, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

PM Snack -  beef jerky

Dinner - 1/2c chex mix, chicken, sweet potatoe puffs, hard apple cider

Water - 10 cups

Steps - 8,214

YAYOG - N/A

10/30/14

Food - Fat 87, Carbs 159, Protein 104, Calories 1,899

AM Snack - protein bar

Lunch - mini hamburger w/ yam and broccoli

PM Snack - N/A

Dinner - toffee (>.<)

Water - 12 cups

Steps - 10,471

YAYOG - N/A

I'll get back on track today. Going to do my YAYOG workout after work and do a walk/jog. I just need to try and get home before it gets dark out >.<.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

I also find it challenging to stay on track when it's colder and darker (both in the morning and at night!). The joys of womanhood only compound it. I'm having a heck of a time with both of those issues right now, in addition to be terribly jetlagged. I didn't make it to the gym this morning because my body desperately needed more sleep, so I let it have sleep. I'm sure we'll both get back on track quickly! 

• Like 2

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

I also find it challenging to stay on track when it's colder and darker (both in the morning and at night!). The joys of womanhood only compound it. I'm having a heck of a time with both of those issues right now, in addition to be terribly jetlagged. I didn't make it to the gym this morning because my body desperately needed more sleep, so I let it have sleep. I'm sure we'll both get back on track quickly! 

Is it horrible to be happy that I have company in my days of 'meh'? At least today is better than Wed/Thurs, hopefully yours day is going better as well!

How do I not have this pinged yet?  TRAVESTY.

Of this I'm not sure; however, you're here now so my life is complete!!

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

10/31/14
Food - Fat 87, Carbs 159, Protein 104, Calories 2,025
Bfast - Peaches w/ cottage cheese, doughnut and coffee
AM Snack - N/A
Lunch - chicken w/ yam and broccoli
PM Snack - protein bar
Dinner - chicken and rice soup, doughnut
Water - 12 cups
Steps - 7,110

YAYOG - Pull Supersets, 2x 5 assisted pull-ups &12 LMI, 5 LMI & 12 LMU, 5 LMU & 12 LMI

So I like the pull up part of this day but HATE doing the underhand grip stuff because it kills my forearms >.<. I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong or if it's from my forearms hating me and all the computer work etc. Either way, I finished it even though it was stupid cold out, did some jogging during the rests to stay warm.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Ah HA! Found you. :) Subbed and cheering you on, woo!

Always glad to have another person watching me fail succeed :D.

This weekend has been horrible food wise, energy wise and sleep wise.  Part of the problem is I've been an idiot and ran out of my Advair so my asthma and lungs are full of hate, the meds are waiting for me to pick them up at the pharmacy which I'll do tomorrow.  I know better than to be an idiot about my asthma but the streak of win got the better of me.  At least I got my hair cut (yay for no more tangle prone dry ends) and made food for next week.

11/1/14

Food - Fat 74, Carbs 111, Protein 80, Calories 1,400

Bfast - Peaches w/ cottage cheese, and coffee

AM Snack - N/A

Lunch - apple w/ pb

PM Snack - protein shake

Dinner - doughnut

Water - ? cups

Steps - 7,522

YAYOG - Core Intervals 3 x 12 Leg Lifts, 3 x 12 Hyperextensions, 3 x 12 Hello Darlings, 3 x 12 Supermans

11/2/14

Food - Fat 83, Carbs 108, Protein 86, Calories 1507

Bfast - Doughnut (they're gone... if I give in again I'll go downtown to the bakery and buy one, not a box of 6 from the store)

AM Snack - Peaches w/ cottage cheese

Lunch - N/A

PM Snack - Apple w/ pb

Dinner - mini hamburgers w/ broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

Water - 6+ cups

Steps - <1k

YAYOG - 10 x 10 Lunges, 8 LMI, 6 Push Ups hip height in 20 mins

Going to put the past few days behind me and not worry about the lapse of judgement. The future and taking care of myself is more important. I think fixing my sleep patterns (again) will have to be part of my next 6WC b/c the current pattern really isn't working for me.

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Okay, time to pretend I can get my head to wind down at a reasonable time so I can get some sleep. I'm also cursing my asthma and lack of Advair >.<. It's always fun when I have to take hits off my albuterol every 4 hours (yea... I sound like I'm taking drugs... wait I am so that I can keep breathing). Maybe this will teach me again not to be forgetful about ordering refills of my meds.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Ehhh the meds are filled I just haven't picked them up since I'm a dork. I'll get them tonight after work cuz else I'll start trying to get bronchitis knowing me.

The weather can't decide in Madison either. It snowed on Friday and today it's supposed to hit the upper 50's.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1