Name: Aminarra, aka "MegsFitness"

Before pic: http://i.imgur.com/WBx6RqI.jpg

Before Measurements: 

ezFnugI.png

Previous Fitness Experience: 2 years on SparkPeople, 3 years with Weight Loss Warriors, 3 attempts at Weight Watchers, 1 attempt at Herbalife; 4 years high school strength training, 1 obstacle 5k, 10+ regular 5k Races, greatest weight loss 42lbs.

warriorroast.png?w=645

Current Level of Fitness: Sedentary.  It's been 2 years since I've worked out consistently due to a severe back injury after the Warrior Dash.

"End Game" Goal: Working out 4+x/week, Settling at a healthy weight, ideally ~180, but more importantly having functional strength and physical health.

Short-term Goal: Begin working out 1-3x/week, at a beginner level to become re-acclimated to the fitness world. Begin reintegrating Paleo Lifestyle into eating plan  

Plan of Action:  Use Nerd Fitness to launch new fitness goals; integrate fitness guild with gamer guild for inspiration.  Generate weekly goals in the areas of nutrition, exercise, and personal.  Update status on goals at least weekly.

Outside of NF: 

https://megsfitness.wordpress.com/

• Like 2

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Week One Goals

1. Nutrition: Paleo Dinner Plans
                                       Friday  - Ribs with Watermelon - CHECK!

Saturday - Grilled Salmon with Asparagus - NOPE!
                                       Sunday - Grilled Chicken with Mixed Veggies - NOPE!
                                       Monday - Pork Chops with Green Beans - NOPE!
                                       Tuesday - Shrimp with Bacon and Pineapple - NOPE!
                                       Wednesday - Kielbasa, Onion, Bell Pepper skillet - NOPE!
                                       Thursday - Pulled Pork with pickles and salad - NOPE!
                                       Friday - Chorizo Meat Balls with Cucumber Salad - NOPE!

2. Exercise: Work outs:  Saturday 9/6 - 30 Minute Walk - CHECK!
                                        Sunday 9/7 - 30 Minute Walk - NOPE!
                                        Monday 9/8 - Functional Training (group class) - NOPE!
                                        Wednesday 9/10 - 30 Minute Walk - NOPE!
                                       Friday 9/12 - Power 45! (group class) - NOPE!

3. Personal: Packing and moving - pack at least 1-2 boxes/night. - Check!

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Is that chia seed in lemonade? 

Why yes, yes it was :)   I took the pic out of that update because it messed up the formatting, so here it is for future reference: 

P7fpnkLl.jpg

I was feeling really dehydrated today, so I mixed up chia gel, then added lemon juice and a little bit of sugar.  It got rid of my headache and I felt better the rest of the afternoon :D  The texture is like a lemonade bubble-tea 

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Here you are! Thank's for the tip regarding your new thread. Subbing to watch your wonderful progress. Considering your experience, I think I may learn a lot from you. :)

• Like 1

Hi Ami!

Popped over to cheer you on!  Like the jumping over picture - very dramatic! :D

p.s. 5 x 5ks in '15 - great goal! :)

• Like 1

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

This is my buddy Taz... he kept me company all weekend long.  

xVCOLLhl.jpg

The weekend was kind of a bust in a lot of ways, but there were shining areas.  On Saturday, I had to get together with people to plan a baby shower for a friend.  I was able to unload a bunch of stuff at a charity donation site, and then pick up a bunch of books to cut up into decorations.  Definitely a plus.  Our eating was kind of thrown out of whack, though, and for dinner I ended up having a hodge podge of things... namely an energy drink, a bag of cheddar bugles, and later, an apple and actual cheddar.

Q7gzZWol.jpg

I *did* go for a walk on Saturday, as mentioned above, but we skipped it today in favor of rocking out on packing: 

KncC7Mvl.jpg

I'm still planning to do the group fitness class tomorrow..

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Yay for charity donations & clearing out your stuff!  Sounds like a busy & productive weekend, just not in the way you intended :)

The packing looks like it's coming on well!  When's your move?

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Facebook

Yay for charity donations & clearing out your stuff!  Sounds like a busy & productive weekend, just not in the way you intended :)

The packing looks like it's coming on well!  When's your move?

We close on the 26th, but I have a baby shower for my friend that Saturday, so we won't be really moving until the 28th. 

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Week Two Goals

1. Nutrition: 64oz water daily, Freggies with 2/3 meals/day:
                                       Saturday - NOPE too many dilly bars, not enough freggies
                                       Sunday - CHECK!
                                       Monday  - CHECK!
                                       Tuesday - CHECK!
                                       Wednesday- CHECK!
                                       Thursday
                                       Saturday
  2. Exercise: 5 minute walk per day (per NF recommendation): 

1) Go for a 5-Minute Walk!

Description: Sure, five minutes doesn’t seem like a lot of time.  And a single step might not seem like much either.  However, combine enough steps together, and a small hobbit can walk to Mordor, destroy the One Ring, and save Middle Earth.

The five minutes isn’t the important part, it’s actively committing to a change in habit and making these five minutes a normal part of your day. Once you prove this to yourself, you’ll be asking, “Hey I can walk for five minutes, why not sixâ€

Saturday - CHECK!

Sunday - CHECK!
                                   Monday  - CHECK!
                                   Tuesday CHECK! Yesterday, I did a 20-minute ST session... and Wednesday I regretted it... DOMS FTL!
                                   WednesdayCHECK! Volunteered at a women's shelter cleaning out a basement--lots of lifting and hauling.
                                   Thursday
                                   Saturday

3. Personal: Packing and moving - pack at least 1-2 boxes/night.

Saturday - CHECK! we packed 5 boxes last night and finished pulling contact paper out of the kitchen

Sunday - CHECK!
                                   Monday  - NOPE!
                                   Tuesday  - NOPE! I'm on the United Way Events Planning Committee, AND Toastmasters (in addition to work and college and moving) so last night was sucked up with tasks for those committees.  Went to bed way late, too :( 
                                   Wednesday - NOPE! It's almost 7 and I'm still at work.  Completely zonked.
                                   Thursday
                                   Saturday

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Wow, you have a lot going on! Maybe spending a day packing was a good thing. You certainly made a lot of progress!

<Badass hair pic>

The week hasn't been the best, but at least there's this. 

Welcome to the weekend. 

That is some fabulous hair lady - colored or wig?

I miss bright hair. :(

• Like 1

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

Yesterday, my parents came over and helped to strip the contact paper from the cupboards and the countertops.  I think it was especially impressive that my dad didn't realize that the counter tops had contact paper on them :P  It's all done, and after just one short afternoon, my kitchen is back to being an ugly mess.  The good news is that I was kind of attached to the beauty in my kitchen, so having it taken down just makes it that much more "okay" that we're moving.  

I also took some time to go visit my brother--it'd been more than a month.  I took pics of him, but I know how the internet works, so you get a picture of his cat instead ;)  

Oh! And on Friday night, my furbutt was staring at us from behind a table and all we could see were his beady little eyes and it made us burst out laughing, so I'm sharing that too. 

Pics behind the spoiler tag to save bandwidth.. 

jlyOXnel.jpg
wcKCxzdl.jpgrS9aal2l.jpg
YkR91Ad.jpg

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Wow- that is quite a transformation. It is almost like the cabinets were un-refaced.

Hello chickie! 

Thought I'd come and stalk you. :)

Why thank you.  I could use the stalking... I realized today that my friend's wedding is in 6 weeks and I look like crap :(  I need a TRANSFORMATION!

Wow- that is quite a transformation. It is almost like the cabinets were un-refaced.

That is *exactly* what happened, Elsfaire.... I had put contact paper on the cabinets and the countertops when we moved in because it's a rental and we couldn't *actually* change anything.  I had the white kitchen for just over a year, and the office said that we had to take it down before I moved.  Sadly, it only took about an hour to take down :( It took weeks to put up... oh well. It just makes it a little more real that we're moving..

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

UJcIK0u.jpg

Welp.  I did it.  I joined the Academy!  Realizing that my friend's wedding was only 6 weeks away made me realize that if I don't make some actual changes, I'm going to be 'the fat friend' again.  I was doing really well before I had the miscarriage, and then I regained the 8-10lbs I had lost.  Depression and general 'funk' ness always put me into a weight-gain tail spin.  Why can't I be the type that loses weight when stressed?  My friend got a divorce and lost 35 lbs.  When my marriage was in trouble a few years ago, I shot up from 218 to 235 and it's been trouble trying to get back down.  

The thing I'm looking forward to most about The Academy is the opportunity to change my mindset.  I've come a long way, sure, but there's still a long way to go.  Especially when it comes to coping with life changes and stress.

• Like 3

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Cool! I have been considering joining the Academy, too, but I am afraid I won't have time to use it. Let us know how you like it!

• Like 1

I loooove the purple hair!  And you totally pull it off too!  (Purple is my fave colour but I look rubbish in a purple wig.. so I have pink ones instead! :D )

Hope the move is all going well! :)

• Like 1

-- Facebook

I edited my Week 2 Post earlier in the thread to update for Monday :)  I did great on my nutrition and fitness goals, not so much on the personal goals.  I *DID* spent an inordinate amount of time studying last night, though, which was definitely necessary. 

When I got to work this morning, I found a 3-ring binder from my mom: 

SQhWB19l.jpg

It's full of exercises that she's collected from the group classes that she goes to at the gym.  There are BOSU bootcamps, "Muscle Attacks" which are functional strength training ladders, and more.  It's all about strength training and functional development.  I love it.  She even put a little post-it note on the cover that says "Because you are loved!!"

I'm a lucky girl.

• Like 2

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.