Aces3000 - Adventurer, Musician - My Battle Log

I didn't start a battle log for the first challenge because I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep up with everything I needed to do for the challenge and also my daily life. Now I'm ready to post here.

I'm part of a group that is starting a 10 week YAYOG challenge on September 8th and will start posting my results then. My next six week challenge will incorporate those body weight exercises along with a continuation of my Life Quest. 

I just wanted to get this started today, but will add more content shortly. Thanks for stopping by!

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Starting a ten week You Are Your Own Gym work out today. Using the iPhone app.

I think this is a great workout plan for me. Since I can use the app, I don't have to think that much. I'm trying to get into exercising as a habit, so if I don't have to think about this much, it'll be better. 

Completed the first workout today and here's the recap:

Push ups - 66

Let me ins - 33

Seated dips - 46

Let me ups - 46

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

I could definitely feel my workout by the end of the day yesterday. Woke up in the night feeling pretty tight in my neck and shoulders. Took some time to stretch this morning before doing day two of the YAYOG work out. Here's the update:

Back Lunges - 25

Romanian Deadlifts - 25

Squats - 43

Swimmers - 31

I took my time today and concentrated on form. Although I could have gone a little faster on the lunges, it turns out. The deadlifts were difficult for me because I don't have the greatest balance. The swimmers were definitely challenging, but I just took my time on them.

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

YAYOG Day 3 update:

Completed the third day today. I went slow and focused on form throughout. I am more interested in building this as a habit and doing the exercises correctly than in number of reps completed. 

Push ups - 40

Let me ins - 36

Seated dips - 36

Let me ups - 15 - I was unable to go any farther on this exercise. By the time I hit 15, I could tell it was all over. 

I am trying to take my time in the warm up and cool down also.

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

YAYOG Week 1 Day 4 Update

Completed the fourth day this morning! Going forward, I'm going to adjust my work out days to M, T, Th, F. It's challenging for me to find time on the weekends. 

Side Lunges - 36

One Legged RDLs - 30

Squats - 40

Russian Twists - 51

I really am trying to go slow and focus on form. The RDLs are still hard for me because my balance is not great. However, I took my time and definitely noticed improvement by the time I was finished with that exercise. 

Looking forward to staring week two tomorrow!

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Week 2, Day 2 update:

I was not in the best mood this morning and it showed in my workout. I warmed up, but still felt sloppy during the first two exercises. So I slowed it way down today and tried to focus on my form.

Back Lunges - 25

RDLs - 18

Squats - 40

Swimmers - 36

I'm having lots of balance problems, especially during the one legged RDLs. Probably could stand to find some exercises or stretches that improve balance. 

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Week Two, Day Three Update:

Push ups - 51

Let me ins - 40

Seated dips - 51

Let me ups - 25

I'm definitely feeling better about the LMUs. I didn't start struggling until about rep 20. I was able to take it slow for the last five, but that was all I had.

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Week Two, Day Four:

Side Lunges - 31 -5

Romanian Dead Lifts - 28 - +10

Squats - 45 - +5

Russian Twists - 66 - +14

Not sure what happened on the side lunges, except that I am taking my time and thinking about form. Definitely can tell that my balance is improving doing the RDLs. Awesome. 

Definitely feel a little sore today after the arm workout from yesterday. However, the stretches and cool down really help with that today. I'm glad the app has that built in. So, now a couple of days rest before Interval training in week three!

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Over the weekend, I rested from the YAYOG workout. Also went for a walk and did 30 minutes of Yoga yesterday.

YAYOG Week Three, Day 1 Update:

Classic Push-ups - 37

Military Press - 39

Close grip push ups - 23

Seated dips - 31

This is much harder than the Ladders exercises. But I'm sure that's by design. My arms are shaking today. The seated dips with legs straight in front are so much harder! Anyway, great workout!

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Week 3, Day 2 YAYOG

This is such a great workout.

Split Squats - 12/12/16 = 40

Side Lunges - 12/12/16 = 40

Squats - 12/15/20 = 47

OLRDL - 12/12/14 = 38

This workout was great. I did hit muscle failure on each exercise. Am noticing some changes and am feeling a lot stronger.

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

YAYOG Week Three, Day Three Update:

LMIs - 12/12/12

LMUs - 10/10/7

LMIs w/wrists up - 12/12/12

Towel Curls - 12/12/12

The Let Me Ups are the most difficult exercise for me and I'm not sure I'm making any progress there. Of course, I do need to remember that progress is slow and I want steady improvement in order to make exercising a habit. I am definitely seeing improvement and am feeling stronger.

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

I had my first session with a trainer yesterday and it was fantastic. I think I'll restart this Battle Log in order to update my progress. As much as I love YAYOG and the body weight exercises, I feel like I hit a plateau with them. I'm glad that I decided to meet with a trainer, he assessed where I'm starting from and then led me through a great session. At any rate, I'm planning to meet with him once a week. He's given me homework, so want to get into the gym tomorrow to start working on that. Bonus - he's a close friend and so he already knows me well. Also he's starting out his practice as a trainer, so his rates are reasonable. Plus, he doesn't go for the "Bro" workout mentality. 

Started with a good warmup and some mobility exercises so he could assess my body mechanics. I didn't really track reps, but here are the exercises I did. I did them in supersets:

Glute bridge using bosu ball. First without weights and then with 10 lbs.

Supported bent row w/15 lb dumbbell

Incline push ups

Squat without reistance band and then with.

Goblet squats

Prone thumbs up

Medicine ball swing

We also started working on movements that will lead to me deadliftin

Closed with stretches and using the foam roller.

It was a tough 60+ minutes. I'm sore today, but not in a bad way. I feel energized about my workouts again. Will try to do a better job of logging reps and sets going forward.

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

I'm glad your training session went well.  It works out well that it's a friend.  On the one hand he can probably push you more and get away with it but also knows you better so is pushing you in the right way.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

5/6 workout

Warm up mobility exercises

Wall kisses 2 sets 12 reps each

All of the following were 3 sets of 12 reps each:

Glute bridge w/15 pounds

Goblet squat w/15 lbs

Bent over row 2X15 1X20

Incline push ups

Ended w/prone thumbs up 3 second hold.

A good workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

5/8 workout:

Warm up mobility exercises

Jump rope

Prone thumbs up w/3 second hold at start and finish of workout

Wall kisses

Glute bridge 30 lbs 3X12

Goblet squat 30 lbs 3X12

Bent over row 25 lbs 3X12

Incline push ups 3X12

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

5/12 training session results.

I don't have all the exact numbers but this was a great workout.

Warm up - mobility and stability exercises.

Then circuits which included the following

Assisted pull-ups

Bent over barbell row

Dumbbell press

There were some others but I can't recall what they all were. Waiting for my trainer to send me a recap. Will post more details later.

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

5/15 workout

Warm up

Prone thumbs up at beginning and end of workout.

Wall kisses

Dumbbell row 25 lbs 3X12

Incline push ups 3X12

Dumbbell press 25 lbs 3X12

Goblet squat 25 lbs 3X12

Glute bridge w/bosu ball 25 lbs 3X12

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

5/18 workout

After taking the weekend off - unintentionally - I have four workouts schedules this week. I'll be accountable to posting here in order to stay on track.

Today:

Warm up w/mobility exercises.

Prone thumbs up at start and end of workout. My trainer has me doing them with arms in three positions. 4 second hold 4 reps each.

Wall kisses w/squat 3X12

OLRDLs w/15 lbs

Stability ball

Jump rope

Aces3000 - Wood Elf