I started my Rebel Fitness journey Tuesday after finding the site Monday.  I started with the ten minute walk, which I did to the grocery store to buy up some meat, veggies, and fruit.  Wednesday I got another walk in and had started trying to make two outta three meals a day Paleo.  Thursday I hit a snag - identify your number one hurdle?  You gotta be kidding me.

I'd put-off/failed getting healthy several times.  So many factors had drained my energy to change - work, two hours commuting everyday, an over-zealous geek activity schedule, etc.  How did I identify the main villain? 

Friday came and I had to step up and do the beginner work out.  My friends had planned a Battlestar Galactica game night after work and I had slept in late, running out in sandals. As my Friday progressed I knew I was supposed to take 20 to start working out.  I wasn't dressed for it and I didn't have time to run home to my weight set.  I kept thinking of why I should start Monday when I was prepared.  But something in me said no.  The Rebellion was different.  All I had to do to finish my quest for the day was work out.

After work I drove to the park.  I threw all my jumper cables and junk into my road emergency kit (aka makeshift dumbbell) and hiked up the hill to a flat spot.  Pretty sweaty I counted that as my warm up and started in.  Twenty minutes later I was done!  I felt good.  I stretched and wobbled back down the hill.  I returned the road kit to the trunk and drove off to betray humanity with my loving toaster boyfriend.

At the end of the day I figured it out - my number one hurdle?  Me. 

I'm almost through my first week of Rebel Fitness.  This time, I want to make it count and make the changes so I'm not a hurdle - I'm just a Level One Warrior. 

• Like 2

"For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike.  When you are the anvil, bear - when you are the hammer, strike.". - Edward Markham

Congrats. And in the words of Rocky,

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward.

And by climbing your hill, and climbing the #1 hurdle, you truely are a warrior

• Like 1

STR 12 DEX 3 STA 3 CDN 2 WIS 2 CHA 3

“I don't want to die without any scars.†― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

intro

Challenge 1

Skull Crushers

Thanks for the inspiration / Rocky knows what he's talking about. 

Checking in, I've completed 1 week of the beginner workout routine.  Need to tackle the next hill -- tracking my calories so I actually lose weight.  I hate tracking calories.  For now I've been focusing on swapping them out for healthy foods but eventually I know I'll have to count them and beat them down until I can get closer to my goal.

Bring on da veggies

• Like 1

"For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike.  When you are the anvil, bear - when you are the hammer, strike.". - Edward Markham