Atlanta area

If we can't make anything else happen, we should at least meet at some point during DragonCon in September!

What part of the metro are you all in? I am north of the perimeter.

Haha! I am in that area, too. We should meet for some fitness fun. Maybe at Leita Thompson park or something. I like to kayak the Chattahoochee, too, though I am not good enough for much whitewater. :)

• Like 1

Still around, just been quiet lately as my fitness goals and life in general have been undergoing a shift. 

I'm ITP (barely) in Doraville but do wander all over the place!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

Bump. Anyone want to meet this year? Did all of the NFers of Atlanta retire?

I don't know how I've been missing the updates in this thread.... Weird!

But hi. Still here.

I'm new to the NF community, but I'd love to attend any meetups

(Belated) Welcome!

Currently living in Decatur, working in Duluth, and spending most of my time downtown (Castleberry Hill)

Still around, just been quiet lately as my fitness goals and life in general have been undergoing a shift. 

I'm ITP (barely) in Doraville but do wander all over the place!

I work near Castleberry Hill and live in the Doraville area, too.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

What would you guys be open to doing? We can start simple with a hike or something in the Sandy Springs-ish area (or get more daring and do lasertag or something similar). Thoughts?

What would you guys be open to doing? We can start simple with a hike or something in the Sandy Springs-ish area (or get more daring and do lasertag or something similar). Thoughts?

You thinking Cochran Shoals? 

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22

Cochran Shoals could work. It is a good park for running and such if I am thinking of the right park. Or maybe Morgan Falls, though I am not familiar with the trails and facilities there. I only know there is a playground by the small boat dock. :)

Cochran Shoals is a 5K lollipop "trail" - I ran it and Columns Rd for my Chicago training as the whole thing is fairly flat. 

Johnson Ferry is a more technical 2 mile trail loop (well I did it as a loop anyways) which is down Columns Rd from Cochran Shoals. 

I'm up for most anything - if folks want to do a longer hike we can sort that out too

Half-Ork Scout Leader

So do we want to start with a flat hike or a more adventurous one?

I am not fit enough for trail running yet, but all kinds of hiking work for me. :)

So in general, is a weeknight or weekend day easier for everyone? Maybe a Thursday or Friday evening or sometime On a Sunday? (Not this Sunday)

Aside from Sundays, my schedule is notoriously jam-packed. So, I'm going to keep out of date-setting conversation and just determine if I can make it to whatever time/day you guys settle on.

This!  Plan what works best for y'all and I'll see if I can make it.  I'm up for hikes of all sorts :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

This!  Plan what works best for y'all and I'll see if I can make it.  I'm up for hikes of all sorts :)

Well, I am hoping for a bit more to work with. :)

It is looking like I might just pick a couple of dates and times out of thin air and see who is available! I may wait another week or so before doing that, though. Our schedule for summer is not yet set, and the kids get out of school in late May.