Trembriele Battles the Free Magic

On 11/28/2017 at 6:56 PM, Trembriele said:

I saw the dr on Monday and have prescribed stretches and muscle relaxers (I can’t take NSAIDS as they cause anaphylaxis) as well as a written script for a steroid if it’s not better in a few days.  My inflammation typically responds well to steroids, but they worry about frequency of use and the risk of loss of bone density.  She also wants me to add cardio.  If I’m not better in 2 weeks I need to go back in for further evaluation.

How's the inflammation doing now? Did you get better?

Probably not relevant, but some of us (zenLara, annyshay and I) have been working on Wim Hof method, which is supposed to reduce inflammation (as well as other cool benefits) so check that out if it sounds interesting for whatever reason.

Your consistency always impresses me :)

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

10 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

How's the inflammation doing now? Did you get better?

Probably not relevant, but some of us (zenLara, annyshay and I) have been working on Wim Hof method, which is supposed to reduce inflammation (as well as other cool benefits) so check that out if it sounds interesting for whatever reason.

Your consistency always impresses me :)

It’s better, but not gone.  I can manage to sleep through the night with a melatonin/muscle relaxer 30 minutes before bed.  The stretching does help, but it’s still there.  

I’m definitely going to look up that method and see what I can add in.  I always appreciate your insight and suggestions,

• Like 1

I’m able to sleep at night without the inhaler, musinex, and cough drops so back to workouts it is!  I picked back up today with:

Push

Squat Progression #14 - elevated shrimp squats : 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Overhead press - 5, 5, 4, 4, 4

Leg Raise Progression #9 - hanging, bent-leg v raises : 2, 2, 1, 1, 1

Push-up Progression #13 - incline one-arm push-ups: 4, 3, 3, 3, 3

Looooooong overdue update.  It turns out that my lowest lumbar disc was almost completely degenerated, and I had a bulge between L4/L5.  I couldn’t walk without a cane, and even basic household chores were too much.  I had a nerve decompression and spinal fusion on 5/6/19 and already feel better.  I’m still on medical leave and it will be awhile before I can do anything other than walk or stationary bike - even those are very limited right now.   I can’t do any bending, lifting, or twisting, but those restrictions will gradually be lifted once things start to heal (about 3 months post-op).  I should be able to be fully back to normal 8-12 months post-op.

• Thanks 1

After a long hiatus and a year not being able to walk a few feet without support, I’m back and starting at the VERY beginning.  I need to go slow and be very careful not to injure my fusion site because it takes up to a year to fully fuse.

Assisted squat (4, 4, 4)

Flat knee raises (4, 4, 4)

Leg assisted (very) pull-up (4, 4, 4)

Incline pike push-up (4, 4, 4)

Vertical pulls (4, 4, 4)

Wall push-ups (4, 4, 4) 

Kneeling plank 30 seconds

• Like 1