PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

I haven't weighed in yet (will do after work just before my workout). My first week was ok, I'm still trying to recover from my bronchopneumonia so couldn't get as many workouts in as I would've liked.  And I self sabotaged, which drives me mad, but I really gotta work on that a little better. I don't HAVE to eat my own baking and I made sure that I didn't do that too often this weekend while I was working on my baking course.

"Bronchopneumonia" sounds like a dinosaur...or a sick dinosaur. Wow baking course vs. diet sounds like a major battle. You will totally own and ride that sick dinosaur this week!

A quickie reflection on week one:

I drop 2.3 (191.6-->189.3) pounds this week. Pretty good for a first week, but I always tend to lose the first pounds relatively quickly. I shed the lbs primarily through being strict with the MFP app. The app has improved significantly since I first used it years ago. The best thing about the app is really the mindfulness it creates through logging everything.

Food intake is good. I started focusing on trying to get my protein up, which went ok. I am not into protein powder, but maybe I will give it a shot as Mrs. Dasein uses it in her shakes. 

I also realize that cutting alcohol would make a big difference. Amazing how many days I had X calories left and thought, "Welp, I guess that means I get to have three glasses of wine tonight." Doesn't help we just brought three cases of Two Buck Chuck into the household.

This week I am doing a little personal challenge of no alcohol for week nights. If I keep the food intake similar to week 1 I should continue to see increased weight loss.

It is also helpful that Mrs. Dasein started tracking on MFP as well, so we keep each other going and disciplined.

That IS a good week, don't sell yourself short! 

I'm down 6 lbs!

Way to go Lola!

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I tracked, and my best guess after all the beers and party food on the weekend puts me at an average of 1449 cals/day, well under my goal of 1600.  Didn't see a whole lot of scale movement, but likely retaining water like a mofo.  I expect to see a whoosh soon.  I'll pull a Gainsdalf use my 2nd lowest weight from the week.

Hey all!

First off... congrats on the progress and enthusiasm so far. I'm excited to see that a few people have lost a pound, and a few have gotten 2. And all the chatter on this thread is already hard to keep up with.

Keep it up!

Okay so, today is our first official weigh in day, so make sure, if you are weighing in, to post your official weigh-in in the spreadsheet.

I'll probably update the leaderboard tomorrow, around noon... so if it's not up by then, your progress won't be reflected until next week.

Then, whoever is in the lead...

(I think we should go by total pounds lost so far in the challenge)

... gets to pick the next sidequest.

As for my progress:

I'm right where I started at 251 lbs. so no real progress yet. The good news is that I was at 263 at the beginning of last week due to the camping trip I went on last weekend. So I at least got rid of my "junk" weight.

I got a couple workouts in. I had slacked off quite a bit for a couple weeks, so it took a bit of effort to get back into it full force. The first workout was weak, but the second I managed to get quite a bit done. On the highlights, I pulled 315# for three reps on deadlift, a personal best, did 2 pullups with only 10 lbs. of assistance (another PB), and ran 3k in about 23:00 min.

For my tracking sidequest:

I logged seven days last week, shooting for 2500 calories and 150 g Protein. I hit protein everyday, but I was over on cals most days by 100-200. Looking back at what I ate, I could probably stay on target if I cut out some butter. I experimented with a ketogenic diet over the summer and I've retained the habit of adding extra butter to my eggs. This morning I made them with one tablespoon instead of two, and they still tasted good so that shouldn't be too hard to adjust back to.

Now that I feel like I'm back to it with working out, I'm actually going to up my calories a bit. So from now on I'll be shooting for 2700 cals. And the protein is going up to 190g/day. I'll let carbs and fats sort themselves out. I'm doing this to help my energy levels, workout recovery, and my overall enthusiasm for doing all of this. Also, I've lost weight in the past at 1-2 lbs. / week using 2700 as the goal so I know I'll get it done.

• Like 4

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Lost a lb over this past week.

Considering that I did not follow my Calorie and protein goals, I am satisfied.  I'll spare you the day by day numbers as they're not that interesting. More groceries arrive tonight, so I will be ready to rein in this goal. I have some thin crust garlic chicken pizza left over from the weekend, so I'm not letting that go to waste.

Looking back at my previous 20lb challenge, I know what to eat - I just need to make it happen now.

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Down 3.2lb for the week! But I'm keeping my goal at 15lb because I expect it to slow down...that loss is a bit fast as a fraction of my total weight (currently 158.2lb). Probably because it's only my second week of metrics.

I don't expect as much loss this week because I'm taking a trip back home, and there will be wine/treats with the bf. I may give myself a day or two off from metrics, but I'm not too concerned. My desire to eat lots of things will be mitigated by the fact that I eat healthier in front of other people and I really really want to get under 155lb soon...haven't been there for over a year.

• Like 2

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I just put in my 301.6.  So no change on that.  Last night I had a few slices of pizza with my sisters kids and watched a few episodes of Ninja Turtles .TV before i changed it to Myth Busters and they went to bed.  

I haven't tracked much this week and have snacked on a few things.  I am starting a shake in the morning now and should have better results this coming week.  Am going to start tracking on MFP as well.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

wellll i weighed in and I'm down 1.54lbs after no exercise and a week of self sabotaging.  Maybe I was being a little hard on myself and didn't sabotage as much as i believed I had.

So yay 1.54lbs down :D Still riding the sick dino (thanks Hiroro I had a good giggle about that, esp cos i'm a cyclist) but went for a 20min cycle as per the doc's allowance.  I can't wait to get back into mobility, and lifting, and proper workouts again, but I still have to take it easy this week :(

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I have not remembered to weigh in, and cookies are still my biggest downfall apparently. I'm volunteering 3-4 days a week, both last week and this week, and they have a perpetual tray of delicious chocolate cookies out, and I am eating 2-3 every day :( 

I'm looking forward to my exercise class tomorrow, and have been consistent with Yoga this week, but my food has been horrendous :( Ugh! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Interesting, ON was the one that caused me the biggest issues. 

There's a bit of background for me, I used to use whey I bought from a supermarket with no issues then someone on here told me about another one on the internet they used which was a lot cheaper and purer. They'd been to a trade show and tried out, met the guys etc. Anyway I don't blame them at all but I ended up using it for about 6 months before I found out it was just skim milk powder and sucrose as well as god knows what else they might have put in it. So I stopped using it and switched to ON, got the stomach issues and then switched back to the original powder I was using (even the same bottle that I have had 90% of) and got the same issues with that. 

So I just eat more meat now. I would be interested to hear which brands work for you though?

Sci-Mx and Syntech

http://www.sci-mx.co.uk/

http://www.syntech-nutrition.com/en

I've tried different powders from them (whey only and blends wit casein and such), never had trouble with it and I like the taste. I tried ON because the shop I always bought my pp from (they quit last week :'(  ) only offered vanilla and chocolate and I wanted to try something more special.

Stats:

Height:              5'5, 1m67

Weight:             Start: 60kg, 132.3lbs now: 59.3kg, 130.7lbs

Body Fat %:      I think about 23%

(all in cm, none of the are flexed)

Neck:                36

Chest:               86

Forearm:           20     

Bicep:                28

Waist:                73

Hips:                  96.5

Thigh:                51

Calf:                   34.5

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

Weigh in: 250.6 (with clothes and shoes on after breakfast bc I forgot before then) so that's still up 1.4 lb, but with clothes, shoes and food maybe I'm even? Doesn't matter too much really outside of this challenge as long as I don't keep gaining. 

Doing the sausage link and fruit in the morning seems to be helping, makes breakfast a no-brainer and no real cooking. I can push buttons on the microwave when I can barely open my eyes :D and pre-cut fruit is a lifesaver! I keep all my fingers and don't have to take an hour to cut a cantaloupe. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

shame Beks, maybe it's just a water weight increase for monthly cycles.  I know i sometimes pick up water weight at a particular time in a month (not linked to shark week, but rather the lunar cycle or something).

Sounds like you definitely have a breakfast plan sorted :D

• Like 1

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Weigh in: 250.6 (with clothes and shoes on after breakfast bc I forgot before then) so that's still up 1.4 lb, but with clothes, shoes and food maybe I'm even? Doesn't matter too much really outside of this challenge as long as I don't keep gaining. 

I generally weight without clothes unless they ask me to step on the scale at the hospital, then its with and after I eat at least one meal (hopefully).  I have noticed a difference of at least three pounds, up to 8 or more with shoes on so if you don't normally weigh yourself with all your clothes and before you eat I think you are doing really good.

Edit/add

Just checked what it said on the scale, I weighted 305.6 with shorts, belt, pedometer and T-shirt I threw on, and 301.2 without all that.  Last thing I ate was three Italian sausages with half an onion at 10 pm, it is now 6:50 am

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

I'm on my monthly cycle, and I also did some bad eating on the weekend (not too bad, but not too good either lol.) I went to weigh myself in this morning and my scale died, so I will need to dig up some batteries and weigh myself tomorrow.

I hate days like those! I hope you find the batteries easily!

shame Beks, maybe it's just a water weight increase for monthly cycles.  I know i sometimes pick up water weight at a particular time in a month (not linked to shark week, but rather the lunar cycle or something).

Sounds like you definitely have a breakfast plan sorted :D

yeah probably, my body holds onto everything! Breakfast seems to be working out well though, only two more meals to go!

:)

I was thinking about weekly mini challenges....how about a push up challenge? Whatever level you are capable of, do your maximum and just one more per day than the previous day for the challenge (or we could do planks with adding extra seconds to them)?

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Well, I haven't lost anything, but I was actually expecting to gain a little so I'm glad I stayed where I was. I had a "eat everything in sight" day yesterday but all of it was Paleo (I had to all but force myself to put my jeans on to get into the right mindset again). Today I got right back into my routine and feel great! Here's hoping I can make up those 2lbs in the next 9 weeks. Sorry I was late on the weigh in.

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

One of my best friends was down from up country and he has being doing Paleo the past 5 months and has lost 40lbs.  I'm soooo glad for him.  He's starting to look like the guy I met in college 14 years ago.

My challenge

One of my best friends was down from up country and he has being doing Paleo the past 5 months and has lost 40lbs.  I'm soooo glad for him.  He's starting to look like the guy I met in college 14 years ago.

My challenge

I hate days like those! I hope you find the batteries easily!

Yes! D: And I got some batteries to replace it and it needs special batteries! D: I got it to work though and it said 238.8lb which was my starting weight.  Seriously hope its just period/carb bloat lol. (I made cupcakes yesterday for my sister and had a few)

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

i tracked decently till thursday, then it all went to hell. but i didn't eat much of anything until sunday. so i was probably under on all my goals. but had a wedding, reception, and after party to go to on monday.. soooooooo a lot of beer, whiskey, and random food stuffs were had. i'll be surprised if if even maintain weight this week. considering eating habits from monday carried over into yesterday while i played The Last of Us

• Like 3

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

i tracked decently till thursday, then it all went to hell. but i didn't eat much of anything until sunday. so i was probably under on all my goals. but had a wedding, reception, and after party to go to on monday.. soooooooo a lot of beer, whiskey, and random food stuffs were had. i'll be surprised if if even maintain weight this week. considering eating habits from monday carried over into yesterday while i played The Last of Us

Similar story here, except substitute extravagant birthday party for wedding. Drank a lot of champagne and then just played mobile games and Bravely Default the rest of the weekend. I'm glad the last major event that I plan to go to before Thanksgiving is this weekend and it's only a dinner. I like being able to hunker down on my diet unimpeded.

Nice job Broba

Thank you, dasein!

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs