PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

@Hiroro-You are targeting 125 lbs?! I am hoping you are slight in both build and stature?

Yes I'm 5'2"  :rapture: 125lb is a rough goal, I'd be pretty happy with a superbuff 135. I care about body fat % and how I look/feel more than weight, poundage is just a convenient metric.

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

An out of town friend was in town yesterday.  One pint turned into many more, and pub food.  I was way over cals yesterday, and was reflected in my weight this morning (though more than it should have been - oh water fluctuations how you confuse me).  Here's to making sure the rest of the week and especially the weekend stays on track.

• Like 1

I finally got around to updating the leaderboard. Progress bars are all the percentage of 20 lbs. lost regardless of goals, to reflect the total lost.

The top three are:

lolavictrola: 6 / 20

30%
30%

Hiroro: 3.2 / 15

16%
16%

Broba Fett: 2.6 / 20

13%
13%

So Lola gets to pick our next sidequest. We'll give her a few days to pick one, then do it next week. Sound good?

• Like 3

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Fell pretty hard off the wagon on Weds after I found out I have ligament tears in my wrist that will keep my out of any lifting except squats for the next 3-4 months. Pretty annoying but it's just been one of those years. Hit the beers pretty hard sorta from nowhere the same day, wasn't intentional but was probably related. Sounds like a few people have hit the booze this week so I'm in good company! Anyway I was back on the horse the next day and been eating well. My wife is supporting me, been cooking Paleo meals without me saying anything, I think she's keen to lose a bit as well which is great. 

Not tracking food at all, been very busy with work and just don't like doing it if I'm honest. If I stop dropping weight then I'll start tracking again but at the moment I think the 50% Paleo is doing the trick. 

I've already walked 15km this week towards my goal of 25km a week, on target to make the number. 

Good to see everyone is moving forward, I really like the progress bars idea  :positive:

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Wow!!! Great job everyone!! I know it can be discouraging to not see the scale going the way we want, especially in a scale centric challenge, but remember that the point of the Rebellion and our challenges is to identify our weak areas and challenge them, so even if you don't lose all the weight you wanted, did you indentify a trouble spot? Are you developing a plan to challenge it? Do you need help? Losing a large amount of weight is no where near as simple as intake vs, output bc you don't gain 100 lbs bc of being lazy (at least not entirely) there can be food sensitivities, depression, emotional eating and a thousand individual factors that influence what and why you eat. So my point is (and I'm talking to me as much as anyone) identify first, plan a strategy, THEN challenge it, so if all you get from this is a list of things you need to work on, then you did GREAT!!! so many people never even get that far!

So great job y'all :)

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Yeah... I was thinking of making this a BF% challenge... the scale is a beast sometimes. Don't let it defeat you in the short term, because as long as you stick to a caloric deficit, you will win in the long run. Where you'll be a month from now is way more important than what you'll see tomorrow, or next week.

I do believe that fat loss is calories in vs. calories out. Weight loss can be trickier, because water and salts, glycogen, and several other things can contribute to you overall. But all of those contributions are temporary.

All of you might find some solace in taking other measurements like tape measures around the waist, or caliper pinches, or just noticing looser waistlines.

Right now, I'm actually up four pounds from this weekend, but my waistline at the navel, is down 0.5 inches. So things are working.

Don't get discouraged by an uptick on the scale.

The calorie calculators tend to work well, and as long as you're honest with yourself in your tracking and exercise efforts (assuming these are your methods) you'll get there.

Stick to it.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I'm almost back to my starting point :/ Don't really know why. I will probably have to start tracking my intake although I hate it.

As much of a pain as it is, it really does work. Use myfitnesspal to track. I just joined and it made tracking a whole lot easier yesterday. I eat pretty much the same types of things every day, so being able to simply add previous meals will greatly simplify things in the future.

Thursday Update: Somehow I'm already down to 217.8g - probably a decent amount of water loss in there. I did my serious gym workout in almost 2 months last night, but I'm not sure how that would have affected my weight. I've seen terms like glycogen being thrown around. Either way, 5lbs down - w00t!

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

In to the 258ss today after shedding the junk pounds from a very salty weekend. I need to get into the 257s twice this week as I was in the 259s twice last week in order to be on track for the 2 lbs a week.

Doing pretty good. Staying below 2250 kcal a day is hard as hell compared to my typical 3000-3500 kcal or so a day, which is what I'm which what I must have been consuming previosuly to maintain my weight based on my current loss rates. I'm managing it though. It typically leaves me about 100-300 kcal by the time I've hit my protein goals at the end of the day, which lets me have a small snack like a fun sized snickers bar or two from the freezer if I really want it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I need to track other metrics bc the scale lies! I agree with fat loss being input vs. output though

Either way the constant cookies at the volunteer bit I'm doing these last two weeks is playing a role! Tomorrow is the last day though, and I don't keep them in my house bc my willpower muscle suuuuucks with cookie resistance!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

The scale's been stuck for me, too, but I've been holding out hope because of the noticeable changes in my fat reserves that Dradis describes. Today, down a half pound after a week of no appreciable change - yay! Took my measurements and have dropped an inch each off waist and hips, and down one percent body fat since the start of the PVP!

MyFitnessPal is invaluable for keeping me diet accountable, though I detest tracking. It's worth it!

gallery_17054_1393_18383.jpg

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

The dreaded double post...

gallery_17054_1393_3962.jpeg

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

As much of a pain as it is, it really does work. Use myfitnesspal to track. I just joined and it made tracking a whole lot easier yesterday. I eat pretty much the same types of things every day, so being able to simply add previous meals will greatly simplify things in the future.

Thursday Update: Somehow I'm already down to 217.8g - probably a decent amount of water loss in there. I did my serious gym workout in almost 2 months last night, but I'm not sure how that would have affected my weight. I've seen terms like glycogen being thrown around. Either way, 5lbs down - w00t!

The problem is that

1) I have a lot of variation in my diet, so easier in the future by simple copying: unfortunately not

2) My parents don't want me to diet/cut, dieting is something only overweight people should do, otherwise you're anorexic, something like that. Weighing my food is therefor very difficult when they are around.

3) (this is the biggest one) most of the time my parents choose what's for dinner and I am not involved in the cooking process. I don't know how much butter they use for example and I can only eyeball, not weigh my portions. I try to cook a lot, but sometimes I'm home late so it would not make sense for them to wait until I can start cooking + my stepdad really loves to cook.

I'm thinking about just tracking as much as I can and see how I can keep those meals in check. So for all who want to follow me: if my intake seems really low, it's because I couldn't track all of it.

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

Fell pretty hard off the wagon on Weds after I found out I have ligament tears in my wrist that will keep my out of any lifting except squats for the next 3-4 months. Pretty annoying but it's just been one of those years. Hit the beers pretty hard sorta from nowhere the same day, wasn't intentional but was probably related. Sounds like a few people have hit the booze this week so I'm in good company! Anyway I was back on the horse the next day and been eating well. My wife is supporting me, been cooking Paleo meals without me saying anything, I think she's keen to lose a bit as well which is great.

Not tracking food at all, been very busy with work and just don't like doing it if I'm honest. If I stop dropping weight then I'll start tracking again but at the moment I think the 50% Paleo is doing the trick.

I've already walked 15km this week towards my goal of 25km a week, on target to make the number.

Good to see everyone is moving forward, I really like the progress bars idea :positive:

Can you find ways to augment exercise for upper body? Like doing butterflies with your forearms on a machine, or planks for abs and shoulders? I know having a jacked up wrist will suck and hinder a lot but there may be some ways around it

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

The problem is that

1) I have a lot of variation in my diet, so easier in the future by simple copying: unfortunately not

2) My parents don't want me to diet/cut, dieting is something only overweight people should do, otherwise you're anorexic, something like that. Weighing my food is therefor very difficult when they are around.

3) (this is the biggest one) most of the time my parents choose what's for dinner and I am not involved in the cooking process. I don't know how much butter they use for example and I can only eyeball, not weigh my portions. I try to cook a lot, but sometimes I'm home late so it would not make sense for them to wait until I can start cooking + my stepdad really loves to cook.

I'm thinking about just tracking as much as I can and see how I can keep those meals in check. So for all who want to follow me: if my intake seems really low, it's because I couldn't track all of it.

Couldn't you just ask them to measure for you?

That's what I do when my SO cooks instead of me.

215.6lb this morning - bye bye more water weight. This is around the lowest I've been since that time 2 months ago when I got sick after completing the 20lbs challenge. I'm not sick this time. Yeeah!

The problem is that

That seems like a complicated situation with your parents. Estimate where you can. Tracking is better than putting nothing because you don't know the exact amount. Perhaps take a peek at that nutrition labels of items that your parents use? I keep a database of picture of labels on my phone. Not having much control over your meals is a pain, but that's cool that you try to cook a lot. I'm trying to move in the direction of being able to estimate my portions properly, but while I still have over 20lbs to drop until I'm satisfied, I try to be precise as possible.

• Like 2

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Can you find ways to augment exercise for upper body? Like doing butterflies with your forearms on a machine, or planks for abs and shoulders? I know having a jacked up wrist will suck and hinder a lot but there may be some ways around it

My coach is pretty good at this sort of stuff, working around injuries. Machines is actually not a bad idea but the xfit box doesn't have those sorts of machines so I'd have to pay at a local gym, could be an option though. For now, I've decided to try a Smolov Jr cycle, 3 weeks of squatting 4 days a week, figure it's the best time to try it if I can't be doing much with my arms. 

---------

Weighed in at 80.6 kg this morning, down another 0.7kg (1.5 pounds) this week. I only did one workout this week and drank a lot of alcohol so I can only attribute the drop to over 30km's (18.6 miles) of walking the dog and around 70% Paleo main meals. 

Long walks FTW! 

• Like 4

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge