PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

Somebody I haven't seen for a couple weeks just asked me if I had lost weight! w00t! :D

Hells yeah! that's awesome! definitely a confidence booster.

not a bad idea on the squats.. i've never looked into that routine before. i'll be looking to see how it goes for you. 

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

My grandfather treated my wife and I to a really nice night out with lots of booze and salty food on Saturday night. I was too hungover to remember to weigh myself on Sunday. I shot back up to 221.0lbs as of this morning, but I'm assuming a decent amount of that will fall off throughout this week as water weight. That was the major party night planned until Thanksgiving. Nothing is standing in my way now. :)

• Like 2

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

I'm up 4 lbs. :(

I haven't worked out and haven't been eating right... due to financial reasons... I can't afford to get all the protein and (good) calories I need, so I've been staying away from the gym... I'm not gonna half ass a workout, and I'm not gonna do a workout I can't properly recover from. Maybe that's a more badass way of making excuses...

I started putting creatine in my food last week as well.

I get paid on the first (Wed), so starting then I'll be beginning an intermittent fasting nutrition plan (which I worked out to fit my budget for the month) and going ballz to the wall with my lifting program.

Since we haven't heard from Lola on a sidequest this week, I figure I'd prod some of you to try it with me.

It might be a good thing for breaking a plateau if you feel stuck right now... like I do.

Intermittent Fasting Sidequest

Here's how:

Pick a feeding window of no more than 8 hours... do what fits your schedule best.

Then consume no more than 50 calories during the fasting state window (which includes sleep).

its also strongly recommended to drink a lot of water (and/or coffee or tea).

So basically, you can just skip breakfast, and eat all you need at lunch and dinner.

You can either hit all your macros/calories, or some just eat till the feel satiated during that window.

For workouts, most plans recommend that they occur at the end of fasting, or just at the beginning of the feeding window after a small meal with at least some protein.

For the side challenge, try to do two days and see how you feel or if it does anything for you.

For those on more intense exercise plans, and stricter diet plans, you might want to try the following calculator (which follows from the lean gains website) which incorporates carb cycling for rest vs. workout days.

http://sareyko.net/leancalc/#/g=male/a=30/w=96.24/h=180/b=12/m=1.55/r=-20/t=20/p=2.5/e=NaN

I'll be starting mine on Wednesday.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Couldn't you just ask them to measure for you?

That's what I do when my SO cooks instead of me

They don't like it when I weigh food.

That seems like a complicated situation with your parents. Estimate where you can. Tracking is better than putting nothing because you don't know the exact amount. Perhaps take a peek at that nutrition labels of items that your parents use? I keep a database of picture of labels on my phone. Not having much control over your meals is a pain, but that's cool that you try to cook a lot. I'm trying to move in the direction of being able to estimate my portions properly, but while I still have over 20lbs to drop until I'm satisfied, I try to be precise as possible.

Estimating + eating more of the same foods in the same portions so I can weigh them once when they're away and know the correct measurements for all the other occasions. I will make it work! ^^

Back to 60 kg or 132.3 lbs this morning but I have a feeling the rest of the week will be better.

• Like 1

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

i'm up half a kilo, which i'm not too stressed about, honestly. It could be anything, including the all day outdoor music festival I went to on Saturday (not that I drank at all or ate ridiculously). I'm making much better choices re food so I think I might have the right weapon to slay this demon now.

@Darwins_Demon, I'm in.  I'll side quest with you. I'll start tomorrow and see if I can keep at it the rest of the week (but will definitely do at least 2 days).

• Like 3

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

i'm up half a kilo, which i'm not too stressed about, honestly. It could be anything, including the all day outdoor music festival I went to on Saturday (not that I drank at all or ate ridiculously). I'm making much better choices re food so I think I might have the right weapon to slay this demon now.

@Darwins_Demon, I'm in.  I'll side quest with you. I'll start tomorrow and see if I can keep at it the rest of the week (but will definitely do at least 2 days).

Cool.

This is actually super easy for me. Its 2:30 and I haven't eaten anything yet today, but I'm not organized on it yet. Without trying I tend to be a breakfast skipper, but I've never been a breakfast skipper during phases of life where I train as heavy as lately.

The hard part will actually be getting all the calories in that I need to eat on lifting days, ~3900.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I already do IF so this is an easy one for me :-)

I do it for convenience,and because that extra 10mins in bed is worth more than breakfast.

I do noon-8pm also but I work out at 2pm so I'm on the 1 small pre-workout meal protocol from leangains.

You can have 2 pretty substantial meals so it helps you feel like you're getting a lot of food

I'm up 4 lbs. :(

I haven't worked out and haven't been eating right... due to financial reasons... I can't afford to get all the protein and (good) calories I need, so I've been staying away from the gym... I'm not gonna half ass a workout, and I'm not gonna do a workout I can't properly recover from. Maybe that's a more badass way of making excuses...

I started putting creatine in my food last week as well.

I get paid on the first (Wed), so starting then I'll be beginning an intermittent fasting nutrition plan (which I worked out to fit my budget for the month) and going ballz to the wall with my lifting program.

Since we haven't heard from Lola on a sidequest this week, I figure I'd prod some of you to try it with me.

It might be a good thing for breaking a plateau if you feel stuck right now... like I do.

Here's how:

Pick a feeding window of no more than 8 hours... do what fits your schedule best.

Then consume no more than 50 calories during the fasting state window (which includes sleep).

its also strongly recommended to drink a lot of water (and/or coffee or tea).

So basically, you can just skip breakfast, and eat all you need at lunch and dinner.

You can either hit all your macros/calories, or some just eat till the feel satiated during that window.

For workouts, most plans recommend that they occur at the end of fasting, or just at the beginning of the feeding window after a small meal with at least some protein.

For the side challenge, try to do two days and see how you feel or if it does anything for you.

For those on more intense exercise plans, and stricter diet plans, you might want to try the following calculator (which follows from the lean gains website) which incorporates carb cycling for rest vs. workout days.

http://sareyko.net/leancalc/#/g=male/a=30/w=96.24/h=180/b=12/m=1.55/r=-20/t=20/p=2.5/e=NaN

I'll be starting mine on Wednesday.

i usually do this on friday and saturdays. occasionally on thursdays as well. should i still count it as a side quest?

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Hell yeah! And share the wisdom.

lol i don't know how wise it is honestly.

usually wed or thurs are pretty rough in the gym. lots of hard sparring and drills. so i after i eat diner, usually a little more than i should, i crash. wake up coffee, then nothing but water for about 5 more hours. excluding the coffee it's about 14 hours of fasting

Same as you wovercast.  I can't shake the weight.  I am still at 299.  Where I was when I said I would do this.

I am down to 8 weeks and still have 21 pounds to go.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

IF is my MO for sure.  I find not eating breakfast is way easier than eating it.  When I eat breakfast I tend to be hungrier before lunch.  Skipping breakfast and eating a very lean lunch allow me to load up at dinner and during after dinner snacks.  I have seen steady progress now for the past 4 months so for me it has been working.  A related post if anyone is interested...

http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html

• Like 1

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

Ugh, I just can't seem to shake off the funk and lose some weight. I'm right back to where I started... Oh well. I've been IF'ing for about a year (11am,-7pm feed window every day) so at least the sidequest will be easy this week :)

Same as you wovercast.  I can't shake the weight.  I am still at 299.  Where I was when I said I would do this.

I am down to 8 weeks and still have 21 pounds to go.

I'm right there too. I have upped my exercise considerably over the last two weeks, but my diet is just not okay, and I need to deal with it, but I dont want to because it involves portion control and tracking and measuring etc. etc. etc. and I never do well with that, but not doing it, doesn't help me lose weight. 

Intuitive eating works, I'm just a total spaz and ignore my body 99% of the time, so I don't do it well, but when I do, it happens. This challenge for me is an Unchallenge and this PvP is the majority of my work for the next 4 weeks, maybe I will work on the intuitive eating specifically...and make this my ONLY goal next challenge, and not even bother with extra goals or sidequests or whatnot, bc splitting my focus is a horrible idea. 

Hmmm...okay, that's the new plan. LOL! Am I the only one who revamps challenges 3 weeks in??? 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'm right there too. I have upped my exercise considerably over the last two weeks, but my diet is just not okay, and I need to deal with it, but I dont want to because it involves portion control and tracking and measuring etc. etc. etc. and I never do well with that, but not doing it, doesn't help me lose weight. 

Intuitive eating works, I'm just a total spaz and ignore my body 99% of the time, so I don't do it well, but when I do, it happens. This challenge for me is an Unchallenge and this PvP is the majority of my work for the next 4 weeks, maybe I will work on the intuitive eating specifically...and make this my ONLY goal next challenge, and not even bother with extra goals or sidequests or whatnot, bc splitting my focus is a horrible idea. 

Hmmm...okay, that's the new plan. LOL! Am I the only one who revamps challenges 3 weeks in??? 

Nope, i revamped one of mine in the first week. I forget which :) 

Its your challenge, do what you want with it.

• Like 2

I want to give this a try at some point but right now is not the time, after 1 day I can tell Smolov is gonna kick my ass so I need lots of calories. I might even end up putting weight on doing this program, we'll see...

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I want to give this a try at some point but right now is not the time, after 1 day I can tell Smolov is gonna kick my ass so I need lots of calories. I might even end up putting weight on doing this program, we'll see...

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with nutrition if I was doing Smolov, that shit is epic.

Although, on IF, depending how you do it, you don't cut calories, you just cram them in during a narrower feeding window. And, if its all its cracked up to be, it might give an advantage to recovery and gainz.

But yeah, I wouldn't start doing both for the first time at the same time.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

Ugh, I just can't seem to shake off the funk and lose some weight. I'm right back to where I started... Oh well. I've been IF'ing for about a year (11am,-7pm feed window every day) so at least the sidequest will be easy this week :)

If you're doing the same thing and not getting results any more maybe it's time to change something? Drop off IF for a week then get back to it? Do some extra walking? Modify cals slightly up or down? 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with nutrition if I was doing Smolov, that shit is epic.

Although, on IF, depending how you do it, you don't cut calories, you just cram them in during a narrower feeding window. And, if its all its cracked up to be, it might give an advantage to recovery and gainz.

But yeah, I wouldn't start doing both for the first time at the same time.

Yeah it's only the Smolov Jr (3 weeks) not the full 13 but even so seems like time to eat more and sleep more! 

Lots of people get good results doing IF, will be interesting to see how everyone goes here, it was a good idea for a side quest  :positive:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I did a quick update of the leaderboard.

At the moment Dasein is in the lead with 7.6 pounds lost.

And I'm currently last with -4 lbs. lost.

Anyway, It looks like several people have not weighed in yet, I'll wait till noon tomorrow before we call the winner for the week.

@Lolavictrola: If you're still following, you can still pick a side challenge if you'd like.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--