PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

I did a quick update of the leaderboard.

At the moment Dasein is in the lead with 7.6 pounds lost.

And I'm currently last with -4 lbs. lost.

Anyway, It looks like several people have not weighed in yet, I'll wait till noon tomorrow before we call the winner for the week.

@Lolavictrola: If you're still following, you can still pick a side challenge if you'd like.

Don't worry though. Just chief some general tsao's

I did a quick update of the leaderboard.

At the moment Dasein is in the lead with 7.6 pounds lost.

And I'm currently last with -4 lbs. lost.

Anyway, It looks like several people have not weighed in yet, I'll wait till noon tomorrow before we call the winner for the week.

@Lolavictrola: If you're still following, you can still pick a side challenge if you'd like.

Don't worry. Just chowed some general tso's.
  • Like 1

If you're doing the same thing and not getting results any more maybe it's time to change something? Drop off IF for a week then get back to it? Do some extra walking? Modify cals slightly up or down?

Oh hell no. My 8 hour eating window is the only thing keeping my shit diet from turning into weight gain. I just need to stop eating the bad foods and plan ahead better.
  • Like 3

I'm down 1lb this week (measured on Monday midday). I'll be adding weight training again to my workouts for the remainder of the challenge because while I am seeing results, the weight was dropping quicker when I followed the Rebel Strength guide as opposed to Insanity and I have to be quite strict with my eating. It hasn't gotten too much out of hand as I'm still all Paleo, but I noticed I've been having a bit of chocolate (70% Cacao) everyday last week and didn't even realize it. 

For the side challenge, IF for me is simple enough. I stop eating around 9 or 10pm and I don't eat breakfast until around 10:30 or 11am (after my morning shift and workout). Works just fine for me and I have stopped getting headaches for the most part :)

• Like 1

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Grrr. Up a half pound, even though I can see that my second chin is getting smaller. Think it's some residual water weight from the weekend's salty foods. Thinking I'll weigh again in another day or so, just to see if I'm right. Updated my weight on the spreadsheet.

Doing better on protein since adding the daily whey powder shake and staying under goal for calories. Exercise schedule this week is more intense, so I'll see if that gets the scale to budge.

I am going in the right direction (the scale is a liar!), as I am seeing noticeable changes. Fat is less dense and muscles are getting slightly more defined. Clothes are looser, too.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I'm still creeping down in weight but i'm on the verge of giving up on scales, bioimpedence bf measurements, tape measure, calipers etc. Scales and bio-i just go all over the place for me now. With the best effort in the world i can't get consistent tape measure and caliper measurements from myself. Its difficult when you're squishy.

I've got 3 ways that haven't failed me so far:
1 - progress pictures

2 - needing new clothes

3 - pokey-squish test - basically how everything feels to touch. How my fat feels to grab, how solid it is etc, how much muscle definition can i feel below the fat, do any bits feel different to how they used to (around joints tend to show differences well with a bit of a poke around, oooh-errr)

• Like 1

Oh hell no. My 8 hour eating window is the only thing keeping my shit diet from turning into weight gain. I just need to stop eating the bad foods and plan ahead better.

shit diet could be the culprit. this cut feels more difficult for me than the last one

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

shit diet could be the culprit. this cut feels more difficult for me than the last one

It is definitely the culprit. Its the end of the FY at work, so I am extra busy. I am also getting ready for extended business travel, so I am trying to get lots of stuff done at home before I leave. I am hoping that once I am on travel, I can get back on track. Sometimes it can actually be easier for me away from home to keep my diet in check since I do not have to worry about planning a family meal.

• Like 1

I'm still creeping down in weight but i'm on the verge of giving up on scales, bioimpedence bf measurements, tape measure, calipers etc. Scales and bio-i just go all over the place for me now. With the best effort in the world i can't get consistent tape measure and caliper measurements from myself. Its difficult when you're squishy.

I've got 3 ways that haven't failed me so far:

1 - progress pictures

2 - needing new clothes

3 - pokey-squish test - basically how everything feels to touch. How my fat feels to grab, how solid it is etc, how much muscle definition can i feel below the fat, do any bits feel different to how they used to (around joints tend to show differences well with a bit of a poke around, oooh-errr)

You just gave me new inspiration for tracking methods ^^

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

so despite being up 0.5kgs at the beginning of the week.  I have lost a combined total of 15.80cm (dunno what it is in inches right now cos my brain doesn't want to work) over the past month (also a 2.8kg loss in the past month).  I'm super thrilled with the cm loss.  I should've known I would see those kinds of results when I didn't have to suck in my tummy (nevermind lie down) to do up my jeans the other day.  They were still a bit snug, but they weren't too tight :D

Also day 2 of IF down!!

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I would be interested in hearing people's personal reflections on IF. I skimmed a few articles, but it nevertheless seems so counter intuitive to me. I am particularly interested in affect on concentration and energy in early hours as these are crucial for me. Particularly keeping my brain in tip top shape.

Here are the leaders for week two.

Dasein: 7.6 / 20

38%
38%

Caolan: 4.8 / 20

24%
24%

Endor: 3.8 / 10

19%
19%

Awesome work guys!

@Dasein -- You get to pick the next side challenge! Let us know by this weekend so we can do it by next week.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I was right! I'm down 1.5 pounds today (to 183.5) and feel like I'm still retaining some water. Measured but no change there. Bah! Whey protein. I suspect my waist will be down a little bit first thing in the morning, which may mean more BF% drop, too. I feel like it a little bit, but it may take another pound or two to show up using the BF calculator.

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I would be interested in hearing people's personal reflections on IF. I skimmed a few articles, but it nevertheless seems so counter intuitive to me. I am particularly interested in affect on concentration and energy in early hours as these are crucial for me. Particularly keeping my brain in tip top shape.

well I find I'm more focused on other things when i do IF.  I fast until about 12.30/1pm and mornings are my best (even though i'm not a morning person).  It's like my body has more energy and blood to send to the other areas of my body (instead of my digestive system).  It also helps my body regulate temperature better.  Unfortunately I can't break the fast with a huge meal cos then my body gets lethargic and i feel ill.  So my main calorie intake normally happens after my workout in the evening (my last meal). The only thing I can't work out is whether it's had any impact on weight. 

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

well I find I'm more focused on other things when i do IF. I fast until about 12.30/1pm and mornings are my best (even though i'm not a morning person). It's like my body has more energy and blood to send to the other areas of my body (instead of my digestive system). It also helps my body regulate temperature better. Unfortunately I can't break the fast with a huge meal cos then my body gets lethargic and i feel ill. So my main calorie intake normally happens after my workout in the evening (my last meal). The only thing I can't work out is whether it's had any impact on weight.

Thanks Blaidd. Very interesting.

I apologize for being MIA. Lots of stress stuff going on in life atm. Saturday fell off horse, spent 4hrs in emergency as a precaution, next night my dog had to go to the emerge vet, hes home and been on a strict food/pill regimen. Oh and on top of all that my scale batteries finally died and I just didn't have time to get new ones until yesterday. I updated the spreadsheet with my weight; 237lb so 1.8lbs lost which isn't bad since I have been waiting for the bruises, sores and potential finger sprain or fracture to heal before exercising lol.

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Stats:

Height:              5'5, 1m67

Weight:             Start: 60kg, 132.3lbs      now: 58.6kg, 129.2lbs

Body Fat %:      I think about 23%

(all in cm, none of them are flexed)

start             now           comparison          

Neck:                36               35.5             -0.5

Chest:               86                86                 0

Forearm:           20                21                +1

Bicep:                28                27                -1

Waist:                73                71                -2

Hips:                  96.5             96              -0.5

Thigh:                51                50                -1

Calf:                   34.5           34.5               0

Totally back on track, so pleased

tumblr_ncmhtfDyb91r5cbu6o10_250.gif

• Like 2

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

so, i had planned to go keto throughout the duration of this challenge as i've had great success with it in the past. but some unforeseen financial situations have arisen which is making it near impossible. with that said, i'm trying to switch gears. anyone on here have any advice or methods they recommend?

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Weigh in this week:

Weight: 81.5 (+0.9kg)

BF%: 18.9 (-0.8%)

Whoa there porkins, weight up almost a kg! It's all good though, I have been smashing the food at the moment as I'm lifting squats 4 days a week on this program and body fat % is down which is what I'm most concerned with anyway. 

Still if I'm honest a lot of sugar and refined carbs have crept back in, will try to ditch those this week. 

so, i had planned to go keto throughout the duration of this challenge as i've had great success with it in the past. but some unforeseen financial situations have arisen which is making it near impossible. with that said, i'm trying to switch gears. anyone on here have any advice or methods they recommend?

I've never tried keto but always thought it would be interesting so I'll keep my eye on any responses...

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge