PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

So I dove right in to my mini-challenge yesterday.  I went out to lunch at a mediterranean-style restaurant and ordered grilled salmon kabob with rice, couscous, and a lot of vegetables.  The good thing about this meal is that I had plenty of options to create a mixed "salmon plus something-I-actually-like" bite.  The salmon didn't kill me, but I didn't finish the meal excited or in love with fish.  I'll try to find another chance this week to incorporate something that lives in the water into my meals.

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

So I dove right in to my mini-challenge yesterday.  I went out to lunch at a mediterranean-style restaurant and ordered grilled salmon kabob with rice, couscous, and a lot of vegetables.  The good thing about this meal is that I had plenty of options to create a mixed "salmon plus something-I-actually-like" bite.  The salmon didn't kill me, but I didn't finish the meal excited or in love with fish.  I'll try to find another chance this week to incorporate something that lives in the water into my meals.

Maybe grilled salmon was still to pure for your liking? I like stir-fry's (<=probably bad spelling, sorry) with prawns because they absorb a lot of flavor from the other ingredients.

Still thinking about what I could do for this quest. I actually like all the food :P Ok, maybe not all the food but it is pretty hard to think of something.

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

Stayed the same this week, which is an improvement on the previous 2 weeks!! BF% also down.

Holiday to the UK for 10 days from Thurs, always a disaster for the diet but the Real Ale is oh so good!  

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Stayed the same this week, which is an improvement on the previous 2 weeks!! BF% also down.

Holiday to the UK for 10 days from Thurs, always a disaster for the diet but the Real Ale is oh so good!

:-D Yes it is, although I really enjoy craft beer too, guess its just different for us.

If you see it try out some stuff from the Hog's Back Brewery, its my local brewery and _most_ of their stuff is good. It's a cold day in hell when I see it in pubs in London but sometimes you can get lucky. They're often at beer festivals though if you're hitting any of them.

• Like 1

Yay! After being stuck for the better part of two weeks, down 2 pounds this morning to 181! Back on track...

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I'm up 7 pounds since the start of this... I'm going the wrong way.

At least the pants I'm wearing, fit better than they did the last time I climbed this high.

I've been under a lot of work stress, and I'm undergoing a major reboot of priorities.

Basically, I have less time to spend at the gym, but I can still manage my diet. The macros I've been following were meant for heavy lifting 3-4x / week. I will have to adjust to make them for only 1-2x / week. And I'll be cutting more severely in coming weeks.

Hopefully that will turn things around.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I'm up 7 pounds since the start of this... I'm going the wrong way.

At least the pants I'm wearing, fit better than they did the last time I climbed this high.

I've been under a lot of work stress, and I'm undergoing a major reboot of priorities.

Basically, I have less time to spend at the gym, but I can still manage my diet. The macros I've been following were meant for heavy lifting 3-4x / week. I will have to adjust to make them for only 1-2x / week. And I'll be cutting more severely in coming weeks.

Hopefully that will turn things around.

Maybe it's cos you're picking up muscle mass - i can't imagine that you'd lose inches and pick up pounds any other way.

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I'm down 1.8lbs since last week's weigh in.  Which totally shocked me cos it was my bday yesterday and I totally splurged on the food side over the weekend.  Ok, i fib a little, i didn't splurge on food (it was mostly high protein, high veg content with only one piece of cake). But i did go to town on the alcoholic drinks (way too much champers at my bestie's engagement party on saturday and then my bday lunch was at a restaurant that prides itself in having 99 different types of beer).

unfortunately for me i've fluctuated at the weight i am now for almost 2 years and it's driving me mad.  I am taking this week to evaluate how many carbs i pack in when i'm not forcing watching myself on that front. Then for 3 weeks from next week i will drop the carbs by a few grams/ounces and see how that works, then move on etc.  I need to do this in much smaller chunks and not such huge ambitions. I keep forgetting that i'm a babysteps kinda person.

• Like 1

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Maybe it's cos you're picking up muscle mass - i can't imagine that you'd lose inches and pick up pounds any other way.

Unfortunately, no... muscle really doesn't grow that fast.

I have replaced fat with muscle over the past year. But, my pants are still tighter at 258, than at 248.

Umm...

I guess the point is that I'm better than I was a year ago, but worse than a month ago.

That's a good thing.

• Like 2

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Unfortunately, no... muscle really doesn't grow that fast.

I have replaced fat with muscle over the past year. But, my pants are still tighter at 258, than at 248.

Umm...

I guess the point is that I'm better than I was a year ago, but worse than a month ago.

That's a good thing.

two steps forward and one step back, is still a step forward :D  Keep going, you will eventually figure it out.

• Like 1

My challenge

I went in at 300.2 again yesterday, stressing a little again and put to much on my plate.  I am going to stop driving in for exercise 3 days a week and only do one.  That means I will have to walk more and do it on my own.  I am hoping with doing less I will be able to do more health wise.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Dropped in to see what's going on with NF. Punched in my numbers (still tracking, just elsewhere). I hope you all are doing well. You might be seeing more of me :D

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs