PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

Throughout this challenge, I have been doing my weigh-ins on Saturday mornings.  I did mine a few minutes ago, and got some great news from my scale.  We don't always get along, but I like it this morning.  I am now down 21 pounds for this challenge!

Thanks to Darwins_Demon for organizing the PVP, and to the other participants for the encouragement along the way.

Congrats Dasein -- At the rate you have been going, I am sure you will lose the final pound to hit the target.

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

Not sure if I'm going to make it. I did an impromptu weigh-in yesterday an I was actually up a bit. Bad time to have my worst week! Actually broke my toe so cardiovascular was lacking. Food and drink weren't terrible. Hoping I had a big water weight or something yesterday.

Even if I don't hit the 20, I am pretty satisfied with the weight loss.

We will see tomorrow. Nice work everybody.

People planning on staying on this thread to continue or will we start a new one? I would love the accountability to maintain or maybe lose .25 lbs per week.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the injury.  19 pounds in 10 weeks is still amazing.  congrats!

Thanks caolan! No big thing. And we had friendsgiving tonight as well! If i don't make the 20 it was well worth it! Pretty good run! This challenge has changed everything. Lightest I have been for nearly a decade. I'm nothing but thankful (except a little buzzed).

And very nice work!

• Like 1

Nailed it!

Woke up a little over so I taped the toe and kicked out five miles.

Feels good to get there.

20141124_100256.jpg

awesome job man!!!

might i ask, how the broken toe?

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

congrats on Caolan and Dasein!

I've managed to only lose 0.44lbs over the whole challenge, so clearly I haven't figured my shit out.  Oh well, next challenge!! is there a next challenge?

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I wish I could say I did it saving children in peril. I was walking down the stairs carrying the dog and tripped because she started trying to squirm out of my arms. Slammed the foot on two steps on the way down.

Dasein in peril.

critters cause much joy and some pain. totally worth it though. 

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Congrats again caolan and dasein!

And everybody else!

Like I said, I'll be hanging around the thread. No more leaderboard stuff or weigh-in, but if you want to hang out, talk about your post challenge progress, and maybe talk about a future challenge...

On that note, I'm thinking, take a break from the formal challenge for the holidays. Then, after New Year reboot it.

Also, I think I'd personally be more interested in doing the same thing based on BF% instead of weight. 10% in 10 weeks?

That would let myself focus on building muscle somewhat simultaneously. Also, it would scale better with lean body mass.

Any thoughts?

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Darwin -- I would be interested in a body fat challenge, but 10% in 10 weeks doesn't sound possible to me.  I've lost almost 40 pounds in the past four months, reduced my waist size by 7 inches, and done a lot of strength training as part of my program, but I think I have **only** reduced my body fat by about 7 or 8 points.

I can't even imagine what it would take to reduce it by 10 points in 10 weeks.

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

@caolan -- yeah, I think you're right. ~5% might be a lot more reachable for most. It really depends where you start too. Going from 30% - 20% is a lot easier than 15% to 10%.

Of course, everyone could choose other numbers for their goal.

I think I benefit more from my efforts when I focus on BF% rather than a scale, and that definitely matters more to me.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I don't measure body fat yet, because I don't have a machine thing and don't know how else to do it, but I'd definitely be up for that over kg loss. It's just too erratic.

Count me in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and the atoms/words don't always align

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I don't measure body fat yet, because I don't have a machine thing and don't know how else to do it, but I'd definitely be up for that over kg loss. It's just too erratic.

Count me in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and the atoms/words don't always align

I go by calipers and tape measurements.

Accuracy is tough, but precision is sufficient to work with.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

I go by calipers and tape measurements.

Accuracy is tough, but precision is sufficient to work with.

i need to measure far more often than i do. since this final cut didn't quite pan out the way i wanted i've kinda been avoiding it. 

I personally find BF nearly impossible to measure correctly.  I have so many methods and approaches that all supply conflicting information.  The one I have used consistently is my scale and it is garbage I am pretty sure.  I have lost 25 lbs but only 1.5% BF?  Waist is hands down my favorite measurement.  Something tells me if my widest measurement is below 32 inches I will be happy regardless of what other measurements say.  It is very slow going though so the downside to waist is waiting.  Weekly measurements work for me, but even those don't always move.  My two cents.

• Like 1

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest