PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

Alright, my starting specs are as follows...

Height:              5'10

Weight:             237.4

Body Fat %:      40.1

Muscle %:         34.4

Bone:                4.2

Neck:                13.4

Bust:                  44

Under Bust:       37.9

Wrist:                 7

Bicep:                13.5

Waist:                40

Hips:                  49.75

Thigh:                29

Calf:                   18.1

Is everyone ready for tomorrow? :) I know I am! I am doing my first YAYOG (You are your own gym) workout tomorrow!! :D I am scared but looking forward to it.

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I'm so excited to be doing this! New challenge, new friends, continuing the journey. Lets Go!! :D

PS: I'll edit this post tomorrow after work when I have all my stats in (body fat is going to be an estimate for now until I can find something to accurately measure as opposed to online resources. Rookie, I will be stealing your outline :)

• Like 1

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Hello!

I'm in. Been maintaining for just over a month now and its time to get back on the wagon and try and get down to 15% body fat. Unless my maths is terrible (which it could well be) that means i'm aiming to lose another 12lbs. I'm already down 78lbs since June 2013 so another 12 rounds it nicely to 90. 

Motivation - look good. Have visible muscles (that has starting happening actually and is a massive motivator)

Strategies - 1800cals per day. 3x strength workouts per week. Not sure if that will give me the 4200 cals/week deficit i need but it could be close. I need to stop drinking as have had a few big ones in the last month which haven't helped

Obstacles - off to America on holiday on the 4th. Damage limitation that week. So really its 12lbs in 9 weeks! Eeek.

We got this guys and gals!

• Like 2

After a weekend overly full of indulgences I'm ready for this!  Plus I drank all the booze in the house, so that will save some calories!

I'm planning for a "bad" day next Saturday, it's my boyfriend's birthday - You heard it here first, if I can keep it under 2200 that day (with my best guess, there will be food there that I didn't make and will have to estimate cals for), I'll call it a success!

Okay...

I had a busy, busy, party weekend... I'm actually up 10 pounds... beer and smores... it'll be gone in a week I'll bet.

Anyway, I gotta get straight to work but I'll post updates before I leave my work post early this evening.

I'll also be putting up the inaugural sidequest for week one... basically just a diet/macro tracking challenge. Easy and basic.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Had a party weekend of my own and I'm up to 222.8lbs, but I got to see Bill Burr, Jim Gaffigan, Aziz Ansari, Louie C.K., and a surprise appearance by Dave Chappelle at one event so.... worth it.

• Like 3

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

I'm going with my second lowest weight each week, that way I can drop any outlier. Last week is 260.1, so 2 lb lost over that time. I ate 4000 kcal last night, so not a good start, but I needed a binge day.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Was a bit bad over the zero week. Went up a pound, but it should come off fast.

56yo female, 5'7"

Starting Weight: 186#

PVP Goal Weight: 166#

Long Term Goal Weight: 150#

Starting BF: 35%

PVP Goal BF: 30%

Long Term Goal BF: 20%

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

first weigh in was at 239. Not good at all, but I was boozing everyday this weekend. My final goal is between 180 and 190. For this PVP im shooting for between 225 and 229.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Week One Sidequest: Tracking Macros and Assessing goals

Since I started up this reboot, I figured I'll go ahead issue the first sidequest.

We'll start with one of the fundamentals: tracking caloric and macronutrient (carbs, protein, and fat) intake.

I know several of us are doing this already. It's a fundamental and useful practice to help us stay on track with diet. It'll also give us more opportunity to discuss our strategies.

Therefore, I challenge everyone to turn their fitness goals into numbers, and track their calories and macros for the following week.

Step One: Calculate TDEE and Macronutrient needs/goals

If you don't already have specific goals in mind, you can use one of several online calculators. Here's a couple that I like:

IIFYM's calculator -- this one is easy to use and very customizable, including preset options that fit a variety of goals

Ankerl's calculator -- not this one is made for people on a ketogenic diet. So it sometimes yells at you if you do non-keto things. But I like its level of detail regardless.

Both of these require that you know your body fat %. I think you'll be fine if you can guess within a 5% window.

Each of these should give you a target calorie number and grams of each macronutrient.

Step Two: Track Calories and Macros for the week

Of course, you can read all your labels and keep track of everything on paper for all the foods you ate over the week, or you can use My Fitness Pal.

That's what I and a lot of people are using. There are several other online trackers as well and you can use whatever you want.

With MFP you can also customize the goals within it to see how you're doing day by day. Also, don't forget to track everything, every detail counts.

Step Three: Assess your intake and report how you did.

At the end of the week, look back on your record.

Were you over or under on calories? How much protein did you get? What days were you over or under? What can you change to further progress on your goals? Which foods benefit or harm your goals most? Etc.

If you're in...

Put up a quick post saying so and list your daily (or weekly) goals. (I'll follow with my example)

Then do another post at the beginning of next week about how you did.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Here are my Sidequest One goals:

Calories: 2500 / day

Carbs: 288 g / day

Protein: 156 g / day

Fat: 125 g / day

I used IIFYM's calculator this time and set myself up with a low carb diet. Then I simplified the numbers a bit by rounding and using MFP's goal settings (which only allow you to set them to within 5%).

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

In

Calories: 1800

Fat: 90g

Carbs: 113g

Protein: 135g

I've found lower carb works for me, i was keto for a month prior to my month of maintenance. 113g is still pretty low, not keto but gives me wiggle room to have some of the stuff i like (e.g. nuts etc)

TDEE with no exercise is about 2150cals according to IIFYM

• Like 1

I'll give this a try since I know that tracking is historically the best way for me to lose weight even though I don't like to do it. 

Never seen the site before, seems like a good tool so I'll try those numbers. 

Calories: 2034 / day

Carbs: 127 g / day

Protein: 203 g / day

Fat: 79 g / day

This seems like an enormous amount of protein, especially as I can't use protein powder. 

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm in, since it's always one of my challenge goals to track what I eat. (I'm also not so secretly addicted to spreadsheets).

I only really pay attention to calories and protein. Calories are all it really comes down to for weight loss and protein prevents muscle loss during this process.

I arrived at these goals through trial, error, and lots of reading. This is what lost me the 20lbs last time, so I'll be starting here again:

Calories: 1750kcal

Protein: 180g

I got four hours of sleep after the comedy festival, so I botched it today, not having the energy to make a proper lunch before work. I already have tomorrow planned out and I'll nail it.

I'll throw in a tip that's been getting me through today's late afternoon snackiness (and this fracking So Cal heat) - drink water. It cools you down and fills you up. With a gut full of water, you won't feel as hungry.

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

I'll give this a try since I know that tracking is historically the best way for me to lose weight even though I don't like to do it.

Never seen the site before, seems like a good tool so I'll try those numbers.

Calories: 2034 / day

Carbs: 127 g / day

Protein: 203 g / day

Fat: 79 g / day

This seems like an enormous amount of protein, especially as I can't use protein powder.

Against protein powder? There are paleo powders(at least one I know of) out there

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I'm in, but crashing and checking this via my phone. Will update in the morning

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -