PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

I do 2,000 kcal and 200g of protein on days I lift and 1,700 kcals and 170g of protein on days I rest or do cardio.  I tend to lean more on carbs than fats but don't specify a goal in either area, gives me more flexibility each day.  I tend to be around 150+ in carbs and 40-50 in fat and I also leave a few grams for alcohol too. :)

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

I'm in, my metric goals are:

Carbs: 100g or under

Fat: 100g or under

Protein: 80g or under

This happens to put me in the ballpark of 1,200-1,600 cals but I kinda ignore it.

Just started tracking this past week...I hit protein every day (took some effort yesterday), carbs 6/7 day, fat 5/7 days. So a good starting point.

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I'm in. Tracking daily using MFP.

Maintenance: 1830

Baseline Calories: 1200

CHO - 90 gm

PRO - 90 gm

FAT - 53 gm

It's set up so I "earn" more calories for exercise.

I do have some problems getting enough protein and am looking for a good powder. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

my goals for week 1 are 

* 2399 or less cal 
* 100g Carbohydrates
* 180g Protein
* 125g or less Fat

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I do have some problems getting enough protein and am looking for a good powder. Any suggestions?

Here's my table of experiments so far...

whey.PNG

The 'zon gives a deeper discount if you set-up a scheduled regular delivery too.  It has been a challenge for me to find something reasonably priced that I don't tire of or have to choke down.  I really hate the taste of some after awhile.  If anyone has found something amazing I will definitely give it a try.  I prefer chocolate.  I liked vanilla at times, but sometimes it is worst flavor too.

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

I'm in. Tracking daily using MFP.

Maintenance: 1830

Baseline Calories: 1200

CHO - 90 gm

PRO - 90 gm

FAT - 53 gm

It's set up so I "earn" more calories for exercise.

i've been using JYM from Jim Stoppini(smores), Carnivore(chocolate pretzel) and a brand called HIT(pound cake)

i tend to get a few tubs at a time as i get bored with flavors

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I use the muscle pharm combat powder (which is an really extreme name for what it is). So far I have tried chocolate peanut butter, chocolate milk, cookies and cream, chocolate milk, tipple berry and banana cream. The only one I didn't really like was the berry one though my husband liked that one a lot. I would totally recommend all of the others.  I have used them just as a shake with water or milk, or a smoothie with greens, banana, frozen berries, protein pancakes, mixed in with oatmeal, and in my coffee. They are kind of pricey, but you get a lot of meals out of each one. 

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Pharm-Advanced-Release-Chocolate/dp/B003BVI5FW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410871964&sr=8-1&keywords=combat+powder

• Like 1

I am already tracking, which helps me for just for accountability and mindfulness even without specific goals (if I eat that cookie, I am going to have to write it down).  But I tried out the IIFYM calculator and this is my breakdown with some rounding:

Calories: 1900

Protein: 190

Carb 120

Fat: 74

Also I found out my BMR is around 1700, which seems good to know.

I am open to any advice. This looks good to me, but clearly I'm no expert. 

Science-dog.jpg?itok=s1IS1l2M

• Like 1

Trying something new this challenge. Not focusing on calories, but instead maintaining an 80/20 paleo diet. 

I split my 6 week challenge into two 3 week challenges: I find it easier to manage and also the more frequent scoring keeps on me on track. 

Three Week Challenge:

Food:

- 80/20 Paleo (strict paleo 11-5pm)

- IF eating window 11-7pm

Exercise:

- 3+ workouts OUTSIDE of my dance rehearsals (I'm in a musical)

- Barre at least 2x per week. 

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

I use the muscle pharm combat powder (which is an really extreme name for what it is). So far I have tried chocolate peanut butter, chocolate milk, cookies and cream, chocolate milk, tipple berry and banana cream. The only one I didn't really like was the berry one though my husband liked that one a lot. I would totally recommend all of the others.  I have used them just as a shake with water or milk, or a smoothie with greens, banana, frozen berries, protein pancakes, mixed in with oatmeal, and in my coffee. They are kind of pricey, but you get a lot of meals out of each one. 

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Pharm-Advanced-Release-Chocolate/dp/B003BVI5FW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410871964&sr=8-1&keywords=combat+powder

i really liked MP's orange creamsicle. it tastes exactly like one. the only problem i had with it and the other flavors(banana is the only one i've yet to try) is they're a bit too sweet for me to enjoy on a day to day basis

My history with attending group exercise classes on a whim, is laughable!

So I decided to go to a restorative yoga class, last week and put it in my calendar for today at 9:15am...show up, its not yoga...is a strength training, bodyweight exercises, pilates hybrid classand the instructor tried to kill us. I had planned on attending that class AFTER i was in better shape, but then I was there...and then I overheard some snotty bitch tell someone I would never make it through the class bc I was too fat. So I decided to try and kill myself on the mat! lol!! I made it through the whole class with only missing a few reps of three or four exercises (plie' squat crunches or something like that, are EVIL!)

My first ever yoga class was the same scenario, I show up to a Power Flow Vinyasa class not even knowing childs pose! lololol at the time I cried bc I couldnt finish a 90 minute class, not so today! Self Confidence for the WIN!

• Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

So I was a little late putting my name on the spreadsheet, it was something planned on doing, but I went camping and ate had good food with my parents and then came to a friends house while they are on vacation, never plugged in my laptop yesterday.

Woke up and went home for some clothes to go to my exercise class in, jumped on the scale and it said 302.6 So that means I shouldn't have had that second helping of stuff for breakfast that was made in the dutch oven, or that second sausage and hamburger while I was there over the weekend, or pretty much anything I had really, I had all the good food in my fridge and ate at the other camper instead.  I took stuff for smoothies but left half of my brawn hand mixer at home and it needs the motor section to work.

The gym we go to is closed this week for meetings in it, from what I heard they are having a class on how to deal with disgruntled veterans.  And they take our gym away ????? I don't think they though it through all that well, but that is government bureaucracy for you.

We went for a walk and then did some stretches and exercises for  about an hour and then walked back, it was really good feeling for a while until I almost fell over when to get up.  I think i am going to up my walking and use that for this PvP challenge though.  I am sure Zoe would love it, she likes to go for walks, even with her leash on.  

Other plan is talk to more people and find out if I can figure out some 'Raw' recipes, I want to start making smoothies more and trying to get my meals in order.  and unlike others I need to up my calories from what they normally are to loose weight, I eat to little and then go out and binge eat, or stress because it isn't working for me and grab a frozen pizza and a bag of chips.  And I like the taste of real food better, just lack motivation a lot of the time.

Back to the challenge.

Since I said I would join at 298, and got up to 302 by the start, I now have to loose 24 pounds in the time of this challenge.  I know I can do it, I just have to keep  everything right, I fluctuate between 1 and 5 pounds a day at times so I am looking at getting to the lower side of 275-280 by the end.  

• Like 2

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

I gave up on protein powders a while back -- to many smelly farts. :D

I just eat lots of meat.

Admin stuff:

If you look at your names on the leader board, some will be flagged with a red font, to indicate that something is wrong. This is also followed by a note about what is wrong. Usually stuff with the spreadsheet.

Also, it would be a good idea to make sure your writing down your weigh-ins for yourselves and as a back up. Sometimes people enter numbers on the wrong rows and such. I'll maintain back up sheets as weeks go on, but just in case.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I guess I'm kind of automatically in on the mini challenge, as I'm tracking anyway.  My macro counts are going to be off though, I noticed a couple entries on MFP that were missing CHO and FAT.

I know what I'm having for dinner already (it was the same as lunch yesterday), and we had an ice cream party at work.  I'm still under my calories for today though!

Congratulations on finishing the class that is a great accomplishment! Be sure to "accidentally" drop your weights on that snotty woman's foot the next time you see her.

THanks :) I will definitely :) She is a class suck up anyways...I realized through the length of the class. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Alright, my starting specs are as follows...

Height:              5'10

Weight:             237.4

Body Fat %:      40.1

Muscle %:         34.4

Bone:                4.2

Neck:                13.4

Bust:                  44

Under Bust:       37.9

Wrist:                 7

Bicep:                13.5

Waist:                40

Hips:                  49.75

Thigh:                29

Calf:                   18.1

Is everyone ready for tomorrow? :) I know I am! I am doing my first YAYOG (You are your own gym) workout tomorrow!! :D I am scared but looking forward to it.

How in the world do you figure out how much your bones weigh???

I'll also be putting up the inaugural sidequest for week one... basically just a diet/macro tracking challenge. Easy and basic.

Ah hah, I was wondering when everyone started talking about sidequests, wtf they were talking about!!! I missed this.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Ok so diet tracking: I am going to do this more thoroughly tomorrow...too late now. 

let's see..

Breakfast: 2 turkey sausage patties, some roast and gravy (like 1/2 c max?)

Lunch: spinach and feta omelet, some hash browns (1c-ish?) 1c-ish of cut up cantaloupe and honeydew, a full fat full sugar iced coffee and a green tea with honey and like 4 pints of water (this was all after the killer class this morning and I usually eat a much larger breakfast but was in a hurry to get to the class)

Snack: another 1c-ish serving of the roast and gravy, baby carrots, a handful of chocolate dusted truvia sweetened roasted almonds, more water

Dinner: GF Chicken Pot Pie and mixed green salad with cashews, almonds, dried cranberries, goat cheese and some lemon vinaigrette dressing (the dressing did not go well, but it was all we had pre-made) and lots more water 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Thanks for all the tips on protein powder! I estimate I should be getting, at a minimum, 90 - 100 grams of protein and am only getting about half to two-thirds that. By a lot of calculations I should be getting 120 or even more. Throwing some protein powder in a smoothie seems like it would be a good way to go.

I went to the neighborhood superstore and looked at labels and was dismayed to find a lot of artificial sweeteners and stuff in them. I'm going to look for more natural ingredients. Probably be priced sky high, though. :(  I may go more to meat and legumes. I'm not doing paleo, just whole foods as much as possible.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

How in the world do you figure out how much your bones weigh???

Bio-impedence scales will kick out a number for you, it is based on population averages. My scale also tells me my bones weigh 4.2lb, and I have fairly different stats from the other person. Maybe the scale decided all women have 4.2lb of bone mass lol

• Like 1

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.