PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

Week is going well so far. I was over on calories by ~500 the first two days, but finally reigned it in and got my calories under my goal yesterday. I'm also down ~4 lbs since Monday. Gotta love random weight fluctuations.

I'm going to a food truck festival in Nashville on Saturday. That will be a tracking nightmare...

Are you a Nashvillain Wover? My girlfriend lives there and i'm visiting early Oct and again at thanksgiving. Got any good Nashville tips?

Bit "meh" over here. I've done 2 strength sessions at the gym and done a couple of 2 mile walks (just from train station to home after work) but i've had a cold so everything has been a bit naff. Luckily i'm coming off the back of a diet break so i've managed to drop a bit of weight already :)

Really need to tighten up my food for 2 weeks starting sunday before i'm off on holiday.

Ah yes food :P I haven't been tracking because I hate tracking, but I suppose I should at least put in an effort there. I feel like a cold is starting to try and take over, but I have been fighting it. Everything will be less 'meh' once that pesky cold goes away! 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Everything is on track here.  I've even managed to save up a few extra calories to use on Saturday, so I'll probably be right on track.  Protein was a little low yesterday, but it'll be back up today.

I may have to revise my use of trended weight.  It changes much more slowly than actual measurements & I didn't take that into account when I decided to use it. Or I'll post both.  Because I'm above my trended weight, it's still going up, even though I've lost according to the actual scale measurements since Monday.  I'll just have to see how the first couple weeks go.

• Like 1

Wed Food:

B--honeydew and 1c-ish meat and gravy

L--taco salad with chicken, chips & salsa, chicken soup with rice, boston cream cupcake (best.cupcake.ever) and s'mores cupcake

D--10 inch GF cheese pizza from Dominos

Beverages: water all day except 16 oz instant decaf coffee with coconut creamer and truvia

Food Reflection:

1. I need bigger breakfasts

2. I need to not reward myself for doing an exercise class bc it just undoes my effort.

3. Sleep (or lack of) and pain levels influence my food choices in a dramatic way

4. Pizza is never a good idea, no matter how tired, stressed, irritated, busy etc. I need to find something that doesn't hurt my guts.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'll throw a late mid-week update out on here. I've hit my calories (1600/day) and protein (>75g/day) everyday so far this week and am on track to hit them today as well (already have dinner planned out). I've also hit two karate classes, a 1.5 miles run (with a PR!!), and a YAYOG workout. I'll be getting another run and YAYOG workout in tonight.

Where is this motivation coming from? XD

My weight's also dropped from 221.4->220. Yay for disappearing water weight!

• Like 2

Wandering Monk

Starting Weight: 238 Current Weight: 189.2 Goal Weight: 150

PRs

Mile: 12:49 (11/1/14) 5K: 44:07 (3/13/16)

Another class today (and took my girl child) and this one was harder but I did 90% still and the bitch didn't say a word. Hahahaha!

My push ups are abysmal and DLs with dumb bells feel weird! lol

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Thurs Food:

B--honeydew 
L--egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, melon chunks, green tea with honey, almond milk coffee with sugar sweetened syrups

Snack--1/4 lb deli turkey and an asston of snapea crisps
D--1/4 lb taco beef lettuce wraps with cheese, guac, sour cream, tomatoes

Beverages: mostly water, other than the coffee and green tea 

Food Reflection:

1. eating after class is better than eating before class. 

2. If I know I am going to be out all day long, I need to bring some kind of snacks.

3. Eat something when Abby starts making dinner bc it's going to be a while (2 hours to make taco meat and shred cheese and chop tomatoes...but she did it :D

4. Don't get that egg/cheese sandwich again, it wasn't worth what you paid for it. 

5. Other than that sandwich, I really liked the foods/amounts I ate today. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Yes indeed. I live about an hour south of Nashville. The two places I go the most often are The Flying Saucer and The Big Bang for awesome beer and entertainment respectively :D

As a Brit the first place I was taken on my first visit was the flying saucer :-)

Not done big bang, thanks, will check it out.

I liked tootsies, that could be a bit touristy for the locals though I guess

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I'm back after finally getting my internet back up and running! Here are my stats for the weigh in Monday, sorry they are so late.

Height - 5'2

Weight - 179lbs

F

Chest - 34"

Waist - 37"

Hips - 46"

Glutes - 47"

Biceps R - 12.5, L- 13.5

Forearm R - 9.5, L - 9.5

Thigh R - 27.5, L - 28"

Calf R - 15", L - 15"

BF% Calculator says I'm at 38%

As for the nutrients and keeping track, I usually eat close to the same thing everyday, at least I noticed that for this last week, so this is for yesterday. Sorry, I haven't really kept track this week. Anyone have tips on how to start? Do you use spreadsheets or just count them up each day? and I realized that I have to get a lot more veggies on my plate. These are from yesterday.

Calories – 1305

Fat – 67g

Protein - 70g

• Like 1

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

I'm not doing so well on the diet front this week. I'm putting the soda in my wife's mini fridge.

Tonight I'm attending a birthday party that should be rather extravagant. It's the last one that I know of until Thanksgiving, so I'm just going to do it up and start over on Sunday. I bombed this first week in terms of tracking and overall goals, but at least I'm eating less than I have in the past month and I'll be much more organized and prepared for next week.

• Like 3

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Can I just say, my ass hurts! 

ok, that is all. 

well not really, I am going to put my diet tracking stuff here too rather than make a thousand posts. 

Friday food: 
B-1 sausage link and 3 pieces of cornmeal breaded baked chicken fingers (these were supposed to be for lunches over the weekend and into next week...not going to happen)

coffee with truvia and coconut creamer

L-2 chocolate cookies (I wasn't hungry, but ate bc the cookies tasted good...boooo bad habits) 

D-2 chicken fingers and some macaroni and cheese (1.5c-ish...I suck at measuring my food...and NEED to work on that)

Food Reflection: (can you tell I'm a Druid yet?!?! :P

1. cookies are not my friends, my name is NOT cookie monster. 

2. I need to make breakfast the night before if I have to leave early AM the next day, because Bubba makes leaving on time almost impossible (my dog has severe separation anxiety--he is a rescue and really does not do well left alone, but sometimes I just have to) 

3. sugar makes me sleepy, and drugged feeling, which of course is one reason I like it...but that also means I REALLY need to never eat it. 

Side note: My weight today was down 2 lbs from yesterday, but the first time I stepped on, it was down 10 lbs...so it suuuuucks, but I felt thinner today, and I like that :) 

I am trying to do the 30 day yoga challenge and not feeling so motivated this week with everything else being nuts, but I am going to go RIGHT NOW, and do a DVD. the end. (Feel free to beat me if I come back and didnt do it...k? k.--and take that however you will :P

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1. cookies are not my friends, my name is NOT cookie monster. 

But.......COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

tumblr_mniv1bSGmX1qd4fqho1_500.gif

I promise I'm not making fun of you that has been stuck in my head all day, since a the office admin described my coworkers as cookie monsters. And I always like him :)

2 cookies isn't too awful...I ate one today and it fit in my metrics. 

If you're looking for make-ahead breakfast, frittata is pretty great.

As for the nutrients and keeping track, I usually eat close to the same thing everyday, at least I noticed that for this last week, so this is for yesterday. Sorry, I haven't really kept track this week. Anyone have tips on how to start? Do you use spreadsheets or just count them up each day? and I realized that I have to get a lot more veggies on my plate. These are from yesterday.

I use Myfitnesspal and record the results of each day in my Google doc spreadsheet. But MFP keeps a record so you don't have to write down your numbers...up to you. It is easier if you eat similarly every day. Though their recipe tool is pretty nifty if you already have a digital copy of the ingredients list.

I've been struggling with wanting to eat popcorn tonight. Which wouldn't be all bad, but I already fit a cookie in today and when I eat popcorn I eat multiple batches covered in oil/butter. Remembering this PVP is what's keeping me on track, so thanks guys! *deep breath* I think I'll go have some more chai tea.

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I think I may have misinterpreted this challenge over the past week.  I stepped on the scale today and it said 304.  I am going backwards, I need to get it moving down in numbers not up. 

• Like 1

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Against protein powder? There are paleo powders(at least one I know of) out there

Not against it just makes me very ill. I would use it if I could. Weird because I have no issues with milk. Plenty of us out there that it doesn't agree with, severe stomach cramps and I mean totally debilitating.
  • Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Not against it just makes me very ill. I would use it if I could. Weird because I have no issues with milk. Plenty of us out there that it doesn't agree with, severe stomach cramps and I mean totally debilitating.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried egg or pea protein powder?

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

may I join?  I have a over 100lbs to lose, but i think 20lbs is a good start.  I live in the world of metric, so i'm just going to go ahead and multiply my kgs by 2.2 in order to get lbs (hope that's cool). I weigh in on a Monday afternoon, so this works perfectly for me.

Intro:  I'm a GL over at L1 club.  I was never a large kid (as a matter of fact i was always teased for being a "beanpole" then i grew chesticles and decided that with a pretty face, i might as well model).  So all through my teens and university I modelled, danced (latin america, competitive), black belted in Krav Maga and cycled numerous endurance races. I just generally led a healthy life (cos mum was still feeding me), but then i graduated, started working a pathetically paying job and moved out of the house.  I worked crazy hours to bring in a little more money, partied too much with my friends and spent way too much money buying clothes and supporting my younger siblings and my out of work dad. My health, exercise and diet fell by the wayside well i just tried to maintain a lifestyle i thought i wanted.  In 2011, I finally landed a job that I like where our boss encouraged us to live healthily and not to work in excess of a few hours of overtime a week - not because he didn't want to pay us (he pays us more than he is bound to legally when he does request it of us), but rather because he's a big believer of life outside of work. It was around this time that I got back into focusing on my health, exercise and diet.  Since then I have signed up for medical insurance (and used it maybe twice in 3 years), I've got a retirement plan, a funeral policy, life insurance, a regular gym schedule (all of which is paid for by my company) and i've started focusing on my diet.  So yeah it took me 10 years to go from 115lbs to almost 300lbs and 2 years to drop down to 288lbs.  So I definitely need a nudge there.

I've never stressed too much about the actual weight, because 90% of my vitals are within in what CW considers healthy (I have blood sugar and cholesterol that are even below average). I think it's about time I start focusing on mental health (i'm a naturally happy person, but i am a HUGE self-saboteur) and start bringing the numbers down.  It's all good and well having good vitals when your body can't function because of all the weight - too much pressure on my heart and lungs.

What i've learned so far:

1. Weightloss is mostly a mental game for me

2. I need to weigh much much less in order to bring my cycle speed and endurance up

3. I know I can do it, I just need to do it.

My goal: Ultimately I'd like to go down to about 140lbs (so I have to lose half my weight), but for now I think losing 20lbs (or a little more) by mid November is a good start.  In the process I'd like to lose a lot of cms too :D

If anyone wants to hit me up on a week long challenge, go for it :*

Also DD could you make my bar pink (#ff66cc). Thanks

• Like 6

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I have the same thing but it depends on the brand for me. ON Whey is an example of the ones my body can't handle.

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

may I join?  

Yay, so cool to see you join us AB :)

I'll hit you up, what do you want me to hit you with?! :lol: You mean a little who can lose the most in a week o who can track the most or what?

I have the same thing but it depends on the brand for me. ON Whey is an example of the ones my body can't handle.

Interesting, ON was the one that caused me the biggest issues. 

There's a bit of background for me, I used to use whey I bought from a supermarket with no issues then someone on here told me about another one on the internet they used which was a lot cheaper and purer. They'd been to a trade show and tried out, met the guys etc. Anyway I don't blame them at all but I ended up using it for about 6 months before I found out it was just skim milk powder and sucrose as well as god knows what else they might have put in it. So I stopped using it and switched to ON, got the stomach issues and then switched back to the original powder I was using (even the same bottle that I have had 90% of) and got the same issues with that. 

So I just eat more meat now. I would be interested to hear which brands work for you though?

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried egg or pea protein powder?

Dude, c'mon would you drink pea powder?! :P Nah not for me, I don't want it that bad, it's just a matter of convenience and cost both of which I can wear if I have to. Summer is coming though and I had a lot of success with smoothies for breakfast last year so it would be good to be able to use something, I just can't see egg or pea or any weird shit doing the job!

• Like 3

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I think I may have misinterpreted this challenge over the past week.  I stepped on the scale today and it said 304.  I am going backwards, I need to get it moving down in numbers not up. 

I <3 that approach to this. My body misinterpreted it too! We need to have a sit down, my body and me! :) You and me are gonna are going to turn this sucker around this week :D 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

may I join?  I have a over 100lbs to lose, but i think 20lbs is a good start.  I live in the world of metric, so i'm just going to go ahead and multiply my kgs by 2.2 in order to get lbs (hope that's cool). I weigh in on a Monday afternoon, so this works perfectly for me.

Intro:  I'm a GL over at L1 club.  I was never a large kid (as a matter of fact i was always teased for being a "beanpole" then i grew chesticles and decided that with a pretty face, i might as well model).  So all through my teens and university I modelled, danced (latin america, competitive), black belted in Krav Maga and cycled numerous endurance races. I just generally led a healthy life (cos mum was still feeding me), but then i graduated, started working a pathetically paying job and moved out of the house.  I worked crazy hours to bring in a little more money, partied too much with my friends and spent way too much money buying clothes and supporting my younger siblings and my out of work dad. My health, exercise and diet fell by the wayside well i just tried to maintain a lifestyle i thought i wanted.  In 2011, I finally landed a job that I like where our boss encouraged us to live healthily and not to work in excess of a few hours of overtime a week - not because he didn't want to pay us (he pays us more than he is bound to legally when he does request it of us), but rather because he's a big believer of life outside of work. It was around this time that I got back into focusing on my health, exercise and diet.  Since then I have signed up for medical insurance (and used it maybe twice in 3 years), I've got a retirement plan, a funeral policy, life insurance, a regular gym schedule (all of which is paid for by my company) and i've started focusing on my diet.  So yeah it took me 10 years to go from 115lbs to almost 300lbs and 2 years to drop down to 288lbs.  So I definitely need a nudge there.

I've never stressed too much about the actual weight, because 90% of my vitals are within in what CW considers healthy (I have blood sugar and cholesterol that are even below average). I think it's about time I start focusing on mental health (i'm a naturally happy person, but i am a HUGE self-saboteur) and start bringing the numbers down.  It's all good and well having good vitals when your body can't function because of all the weight - too much pressure on my heart and lungs.

What i've learned so far:

1. Weightloss is mostly a mental game for me

2. I need to weigh much much less in order to bring my cycle speed and endurance up

3. I know I can do it, I just need to do it.

My goal: Ultimately I'd like to go down to about 140lbs (so I have to lose half my weight), but for now I think losing 20lbs (or a little more) by mid November is a good start.  In the process I'd like to lose a lot of cms too :D

Also DD could you make my bar pink (#ff66cc). Thanks

Ok, this challenge has officially hit the top of the bar, AB has joined :D 

I'm glad you are here :wub: and what sort of week long challenge did you have in mind? 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn