PVP: 20 pounds, 10 weeks [Sept. 15 - Nov. 24]

I'm doing Saturday weigh-ins to be consistent in my tracking.  I am down 0.7 lbs from last week.  I am not really sure what to make of the number frankly.  I graph my daily weight and can see both last Saturday and today are well below my trend line and rolling average, so I am not sure either weight is a a sustainable expectation, but I'll take it.  I generally have been averaging around .5 lb pounds a week.  I also had a huge cheat meal last Saturday after my weigh-in and went up 5 lbs and have now come completely back down.  Lots of variables I guess is my only point. I guess we'll just see what the next few weeks bring.

• Like 2

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

I read this today and thought it might be something you all find helpful too---

Cycles of Time to change old habits and develop new ones

40 days: will change an old habit into a new one

90 days: confirms the new habit in you

120 days: allows the habit to become who you are

1,000 days: ensures that you have mastered the habit

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Saturday Food: 

B--chicken tender, melon chunks, potato chips, coffee with coconut creamer and truvia

L--meat with gravy, mac and cheese and salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing, tea with honey

D--chicken with artichoke hears and sundried tomatoes and some kind of lemon sauce, 3 bites of pizza, one small slice of bruschetta, some pasta with tomatoes and garlic, salad with italian vinaigrette dressing, 3 bites of a cannoli thing, half sweet/half unsweet tea (and just unsweet tea after the first glass) 

some random bites of cookie dough (I really need to NOT buy this again) 

Food Thoughts:

2nd Birthday Dinner for the boy (the girl was in the hospital so missed Birthday Dinner #1) and so I ate some things I wouldn't have otherwise, but I didn't get pizza, and THAT is a win! Otherwise, I really need to not buy anymore cookie dough. I measured out tablespoons, buuut that isnt a good thing if I eat 12 tablespoons! 

I did do yoga today, and walked a mile loop with the dog. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm down 1.5 pounds so far, but I am coming in way under my recommended net calories according to MFP. Even my cheat meal didn't make a dent in it and I've got more cardio tomorrow, so I'm going to let myself be really bad for a day to get back into range and figure out what to do about it. I don't feel hungry and my macro balance is decent now that I've added one scoop of whey per day, but I've been cranky and headachy for some reason and suspect it is food adjustment. I don't want to throw myself into starvation mode.

The whey powder experiment was looking pretty iffy the first day, the second brand's individual serving packet went better. Today, I went with a third one, the store brand from the more affordable natural food store chain and did fine. It has flavorings and stevia, but I can live with that for now. The second brand is more expensive and has next to nothing added. Will probably shift to that when my budget allows.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Week 1 wrap-up

I did all of my planned exercise and tracking in MFP. My MFP target is a 750 calories deficit, which should give me about 1.5 pounds of loss each week. At the time of my weigh-in this week I am down by 1.8 pounds. That is a little behind the 20 pound pace, but I am still quite happy with it.

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

Dude, c'mon would you drink pea powder?! :tongue: Nah not for me, I don't want it that bad, it's just a matter of convenience and cost both of which I can wear if I have to. Summer is coming though and I had a lot of success with smoothies for breakfast last year so it would be good to be able to use something, I just can't see egg or pea or any weird shit doing the job!

i drank it once. got 2lbs for free, had one shake. lost roughly 10 pounds because of it, and trashed the rest lol. i was just saying it's an option. 

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Pea protein...

Is gross in shake form, especially by itself... BUT

I did see a recipe once for peanut butter cookies with pea protein that looked good. And I've added it to oatmeal with peanut butter. It goes well i might say with peanut butter.

Some proteins are better added to other foods to increase protein content. You need not drink all protein powders.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I got back down to starting weight today, I thought it was supposed to be less to loose after the first week.  So now it looks like 20 pounds in 9 weeks.  I want to be at least 2 pounds less by tomorrow so I am under 300 again before I have to go to the VA and report my weight.

• Like 1

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

i drank it once. got 2lbs for free, had one shake. lost roughly 10 pounds because of it, and trashed the rest lol. i was just saying it's an option. 

I loved pea protein powder....but then again I like green smoothies and lots of raw veggies, so eh....maybe I'm weird :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Now that I've learnt more about protein sources I'm not that bothered that I can't use protein powder. Steak tastes a lot better anyway :)

I put in quite a bit of research (cals/carbs in different food and re-read this article from Steve, the section on how to lose body fat) and reflection over this week, been sick as a dog, spent 3 days in bed with a cold/flu which I have never had to do before but felt so rough I couldn't get up. Being sick definitely gives you perspective. Anyway seems this is a good strategy for weight loss, stay in bed! I'm down 2.4 pounds this week without any exercise but walking!

As previously, switching to at least 50% Paleo and walking the dog approx 20km over the last week is shifting fat again.

Out of nowhere I feel more optimistic, energized and confident that I will make weight in time for my holiday. I'm always surprised how Paleo and clean eating can elevate my mood.

Definitely helps having accountability here too.

How did everyone else do this week?

• Like 4

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I got back down to starting weight today, I thought it was supposed to be less to loose after the first week.  So now it looks like 20 pounds in 9 weeks.  I want to be at least 2 pounds less by tomorrow so I am under 300 again before I have to go to the VA and report my weight.

That's still movement in the right direction since your last update! Don't put too much pressure on yourself, 2lb in a day is extremely quick unless you're carrying a ton of water weight.

Now that I've learnt more about protein sources I'm not that bothered that I can't use protein powder. Steak tastes a lot better anyway  :)

YESSSSSS

Out of nowhere I feel more optimistic, energized and confident that I will make weight in time for my holiday. I'm always surprised how Paleo and clean eating can elevate my mood.

I'm so glad you're feeling better! No stupid virus can keep you from reaching your goals!

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I'm down 1.5 pounds so far, but I am coming in way under my recommended net calories according to MFP. Even my cheat meal didn't make a dent in it and I've got more cardio tomorrow, so I'm going to let myself be really bad for a day to get back into range and figure out what to do about it. I don't feel hungry and my macro balance is decent now that I've added one scoop of whey per day, but I've been cranky and headachy for some reason and suspect it is food adjustment. I don't want to throw myself into starvation mode.

The whey powder experiment was looking pretty iffy the first day, the second brand's individual serving packet went better. Today, I went with a third one, the store brand from the more affordable natural food store chain and did fine. It has flavorings and stevia, but I can live with that for now. The second brand is more expensive and has next to nothing added. Will probably shift to that when my budget allows.I'm 

I'm having that issue right now too; haven't weighed myself since start so not sure that I've lost weight yet, but I'm having issues staying above starvation-mode level calories @.@ I did better today though, and gonna keep an eye on my intake to make sure it stays up

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.  Attitude will be big for all of us in this challenge.  Keep it up!

I'm down 1.5 pounds so far, but I am coming in way under my recommended net calories according to MFP. Even my cheat meal didn't make a dent in it and I've got more cardio tomorrow, so I'm going to let myself be really bad for a day to get back into range and figure out what to do about it. 

That sounds like a good start for the weight loss.  I have found that eating too little actually slows down my loss.  Not to mention that it also makes me want to cheat more.  

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

I haven't weighed in yet (will do after work just before my workout). My first week was ok, I'm still trying to recover from my bronchopneumonia so couldn't get as many workouts in as I would've liked.  And I self sabotaged, which drives me mad, but I really gotta work on that a little better. I don't HAVE to eat my own baking and I made sure that I didn't do that too often this weekend while I was working on my baking course.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Yay, so cool to see you join us AB :)

I'll hit you up, what do you want me to hit you with?! :lol: You mean a little who can lose the most in a week o who can track the most or what?

I'm up for anything.  Doing cals, number of paleo meals per week, weight lost (although that might be a bit skewed cos I have more to lose, so it's a little easier and you're a guy). Just hit me up.

Ok, this challenge has officially hit the top of the bar, AB has joined :D 

I'm glad you are here :wub: and what sort of week long challenge did you have in mind? 

I don't have anything in mind at the moment.  But totally let me know if you come up with something.

Now that I've learnt more about protein sources I'm not that bothered that I can't use protein powder. Steak tastes a lot better anyway :)

Hell yes!!  Grilled salmon is also fantastic, easy to cook and a great source of protein. 

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

A quickie reflection on week one:

I drop 2.3 (191.6-->189.3) pounds this week. Pretty good for a first week, but I always tend to lose the first pounds relatively quickly. I shed the lbs primarily through being strict with the MFP app. The app has improved significantly since I first used it years ago. The best thing about the app is really the mindfulness it creates through logging everything.

Food intake is good. I started focusing on trying to get my protein up, which went ok. I am not into protein powder, but maybe I will give it a shot as Mrs. Dasein uses it in her shakes. 

I also realize that cutting alcohol would make a big difference. Amazing how many days I had X calories left and thought, "Welp, I guess that means I get to have three glasses of wine tonight." Doesn't help we just brought three cases of Two Buck Chuck into the household.

This week I am doing a little personal challenge of no alcohol for week nights. If I keep the food intake similar to week 1 I should continue to see increased weight loss.

It is also helpful that Mrs. Dasein started tracking on MFP as well, so we keep each other going and disciplined.

"Welp, I guess that means I get to have three glasses of wine tonight."

I frequently use wine as my macro "plug" so I feel you on this one.  Maybe one instead of three?  I think your goal of abstaining for a bit will definitely pay dividends in your water weight fluctuation.  Good luck!

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest