• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ranger Wrap Up Thread

Joey_how_you_doin.gif

Well Rangers it's that time again- time to share your woots!!!! The end of another awesome challenge. As such this is the thread where you post your results! Give yourself a grade, let us know how you did on your goals, and throw the summary in here with a link to your thread. If we can keep this thread mostly to wrap-ups and keep the discussion in the chatter thread that would be awesome. You guys did great and I look forward to reading the summaries here and the new challenges June 9th!!!

Helpful Links!!!
Here is the reporting thread for a previous challenge if you would like to see examples.

Check out this post for all challenge info and questions.

Grading Yourself and Awarding Attribute Points

At the end of the challenge, give yourself a grade on how you did achieving your goals. Then, based on how you did, award points. Partial points are allowed.

A - 100% B - 75% C - 50% D - 25% F - 0%

Here is a link for a chart to help with the math.

Remember to talk about your successes!!! This is how we grow, learn, and have the power to move forward!

Next challenge starts September 15th!!!

• Like 1

always-be-batman-geeks-and-cleats.jpg

Darkfoxx Challenge Cycle 12 Grades

Goal 1: Fitness - aka be capable enough to escape the Joker whenever

Stick to my 4-5 days a week workout schedule - Spartan WODs, yoga, pull-up work. 

Week 1 Wrapup: This was a forced rest week, and I am glad to say I didn't completely sit on my ass. I did hill walks, pull-up work, and kept generally active. A for the week.

Week 2 Wrapup: Success. I did my first round of acupuncture this week, which completely jacked my back/tailbone system up (it was hurting all weekend) but hopefully my chi has simmered back down for this week. Left leg still weaker than right, so I will not be going crazy this week, either. A for doing what I could and sticking to something. 

Week 3 Wrapup: Life keeps handing me scheduling changes + varying pain levels and I'm switching things up and rolling with the punches. I haven't lost my giveafuck, so I'm counting that as a win this week. A. 

Week 4 Wrapup: Not a bad week overall. Not perfect, but not bad. I even got a good workout in the day after acupuncture, which I wasn't expecting. 

Week 5 Wrapup: A good week. Got done what I needed to get done and pushed myself a little. 

Week 6 Wrapup: Another good week. Got some great workouts in and some great weekend walking. Plus: Ran A Mile and 5ked it out! 

Grade & Points: I did good on this goal. A. I got some great workouts in, despite not following a set plan (which is usually my kryptonite), and I ran my first freaking mile ever during my 5k + finished in just under 42 minutes. Whoop! +3 STA +2 STR +2 DEX

Goal 2: Metrics - aka Sciiiience! Like Poison Ivy? (go with it)

As a refresher, my metrics are: 100 grams or under of carbs, 70 grams or over of protein, under 100 grams of fat and around 1500 calories. Water is the recommended by FitBit 64 ounces, and on the weekends I like my step count to be over FitBit’s recommended 10,000. I track food with My Fitness Pal and exercise, sleep and water with the FitBit Flex. Weight and BF are tracked with my FitBit Aria scale. 

Week 1 Wrapup: This was a good week overall. And I didn't go crazy during the weekend. Score. A!

Week 2 Wrapup: I'm counting this week as a success. I was slightly over on calories a couple times this week and under on protein during the weekend, but at least i didn't go crazy and eat allthethings. I feel good about my week. A. 

Week 3 Update: I wasn't perfect this week, but overall I feel like I stuck to my track. A. 

Week 4 Wrapup: Not perfect but not terrible. I hit my goals most days and was cognizant of the overages on the other days - nothing was a real surprise here. 

Week 5 Wrapup: Not a perfect week, but not bad. I had a few overages, but my weight stayed in check. 

Week 6 Wrapup: Whoo. The weekend wasn't 100% perfect, but it was pretty darn good. And the week wasn't bad, either. 

Grade & Points: I wasn't perfect here, but I did a good job overall and kept myself in check and on the right track. A+3 CON

Goal 3: Socials - Like With Superfriends & Shit

I feel the need to force myself to be more social. Mostly because my comfort zone is warm and snuggly … also because I realize that snuggling in my comfort zone doesn't really get me what I want in life. I should probably speak to humans. In meatspace. 

Week 1 Wrapup: I made good baby steps here. I went to my doctor's appointment, attempted to talk to fellow dachshund owners in the park, and chatted with a bartender. A. 

Week 2 Wrapup: I had acupuncture and book club this week, and I set up a doggie play date for this next week. Score. A.

Week 3 Wrapup: Spoke to the neighbors and invited them over for games; acupuncture; yoga. 

Week 4 Wrapup: I'm actually keeping on top of this goal, surprisingly. 

Week 5 Wrapup: Socials happened. 

Week 6 Wrapup: I had book club, went out to eat with friends, and saw those same friends at the pet fair. 

Grade & Points: Shockingly, I did good on this goal. Totally thought I was going to suck at this. Didn't. A+3 CHA

Life Side Goal - Get My Wardrobe Dialed-in Like Harley Quinn

Wardrobe restructure. I've been really into building a minimalist wardrobe lately and think I might be ready to make the jump.

Week 1 Wrapup: A. I did the full week of assignments in the two-week process. 

Week 2 Wrapup: Moving along on target here. A.

Week 3 Wrapup: Moving right along here. 

Week 4 Wrapup: My wardrobe restructure is coming along nicely. 

Week 5 Wrapup: This goal is almost complete. 

Week 6 Wrapup: This goal is complete. 

Grade & Points: This was a really fun goal to complete. My finish line doesn't quite look like what I had anticipated, but I'm happy about where I got wardrobe-wise. And I now I know what gaps I need to fill in going into fall and won't be as tempted to shop because I'm bored and buy things because they're on sale. A+2 WIS

Diet Side Goal - NaNa NaNa NaNa NaNa

I'm pretty dialed in here. N/A.

• Like 1

Challenge wrap-up can be found here.

All-in-all it was one of my better recent challenges. I've still got some progress to go on the nutrition side of things, but finally made what felt like some permanent changes. And, I've got lots of good ideas for keeping it going during the next challenge. Overall, an A- with this one.

• Like 1

Challenge Wrap Up

Summary Sheet

I count this one as a big success as I stuck with my program, despite some unexpected events and life chaos. And, I finally got my spreadsheet done! Without that, I probably would have faltered. It made it much easier to track things and to see where things stood over the course of the challenge.

While I do not feel I am a little over a third of the way to my fire fit goal, I have made a lot of progress on my 40 Weeks to Fire Fit Epic Quest. I will hit the halfway point on that and my 1 year goal of No Soda, both during Week 5 of the next challenge. I am hopeful that I can still reach my main quest by mid-March of 2015, though, as my injuries have improved significantly and my pace of achievement is accelerating as I learn more and lose more weight.

In light of the above, my next challenge will be more tightly focused. I am actively looking for ways to balance and streamline my challenge and my social commitments on the forums. (In other words, I am looking for help with the CutLasses next time, if anyone is interested, and the Renaissance Rebels may go on hiatus if no one in the group can take it over.)

Level Up!

I'm really happy with how things went this time. It was my best yet! I got a solid A and awarded all points allocated with only one exception, I docked one point on the diet goal for falling 1% short on my body fat reduction goal.

Onward!

• Like 2

Guess I got a B-, but I'm not really grading myself.  Not super happy with my goal completion, but content in keeping with the intent of my goals.  Not really sure how I fell about it all.  

1. workout 3x+ a week-----spotty, not every week

2. kata practice every day----fell apart after the third week.

3. mindful eating---bumps along the way, but mostly met.

full write up here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51130-ladylydia-goes-zen/page-3

• Like 1

Full write up can be found here

1. Handstands

Overall I have accomplished 29 days with handstand practice so that's a grade A and full marks achieved in this area. I can do a handstand but my legs are not yet raching perpendicular to the ground and so I'm not balancing up there yet. A bit more practice and I will have handstands ticked off my checklist!

2. Floor

I have had a good clearout and been really brutal this time around. The clearout is ongoing. There is plenty of room for my mat to fit however other areas are a little trashed and some clutter is still hanging around. I am grading this as a B because I was really ruthless with my clearout I am still not quite finished at where I wanted to be. Still a great achievement though. 75% points in this area.

3. Mindset

I found this challenge really rewarding. I have started a "gratitude journal" which is really valuable to me and something I am going to carry on with. I am still going with the "Mindset Makeover" emails (just over halfway through) and I have found it complimentary practice to the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) exercises I am already aware of and a good reminder of the way to see the world around me. In total, I have spent time on 36 days for personal reflection and mindset focus which I am really pleased with and I am finding it really motivating. A grade A for this one and full marks achieved.

Overall I am really pleased with my progress in this challenge and am happy to have levelled up to a Level 9 Ranger. I am remembering to look at the world in more positive way and am moving away from the victim / martyr mindset that sometimes used to wash over me. My upper body is definitely benefitting from the handstand practice and I am moving towards my lifestyle vision which includes a place to put my mat and train; whether it be meditation, yoga, bodyweight exercises or handstand practice. Having completed all the mini challenges at the Ranger group I am awarding myself one extra stat point and I am choosing to add that to STAMINA :positive:

• Like 1
Injured myself doing deadlifts in the middle of this challenge, and have not gotten back to full capability.   Injury to the lower back is causing sciatic pain, I'm working with a physical therapist and its improving a little each day.   But I don't want to injure myself further so I fell short on a couple goals.

Nevertheless, I  still made some great improvments. 

• Like 1

Here's my wrap-up

Biggest successes:

Keeping my mileage up during the summer and running some tough threshold workouts

Making slow continuous progress on pushups...I'm proud of this because it hasn't come easy

Trying aerial yoga

Keeping my house in better order

Taking a great healthy vacation

Struggles:

Minor heel injury..think it's under control

Frustration at running...results don't always follow training in a linear way

Thinking about how to set goals that can have a positive impact on life.

Funny things along the way:

Made a TERRIBLE loaf of zucchini bread. I'm not much of a bread eater an was looking for an excuse to get rid of the breadmaker anyway!

Got myself lost in an ironic way while hiking (was mad I was going to have to cut my hike short!)...gotta keep working on those rangering skills!

• Like 1

Alrighty:

Exercise: C (Str 1.5 & Dex 1)

When I was well enough I was out there doing something. I've made progress with the type of exercise from just going for walks to getting some strength exercises in and signing up for PT sessions.

Soft Drink: B (Con 2.25 & 1.5 Sta)

I've been really good with this. Everyone once in a while I'd have a mouthful of soft drink on a weekday but mostly it's a weekend only treat.

Sell: Pass (Wis 2).

Have sold 9 items over the 6 weeks. It's been good to get rid of that clutter.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51463-rachy87-the-fork-in-the-road/

• Like 1

Time for Grades!

To re-iterate my mission, I am training to be the best Jedi I can be. My main quest is always to enhance my overall health, fitness, and knowledge to be prepared for whatever challenges life could throw at me. As a Jedi, I need to be able to help people, whether that is a life threatening situation or just a charitable one. There is no boss level in Jedi training, there is only tomorrow.

My main quest with attribute points in ORANGE and grades in RED is below:

• FITNESS: Build STA +2 and DEX +1 by Running, Sprinting, Hiking, Biking, Rowing, Rollerblading, or Training (HIIT or Sports) for 20 minutes or more, three times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday preferred). A

Intensity increased with much more sweat. My gym clothes stink like a skunk when I get home.

• FITNESS: Build STR +3 and DEX +1 by completing 400 minutes of Sports Training* and meeting at least 90 % of my fitness side quest goals. A

100 % of my fitness goals and plenty of sports.

• DIET: Build CON +2 by eating "Healthy Meals"** 25 times or more, eating "Unhealthy Food"*** 25 times or less and count their calories, drinking 280 fl oz of Dr Pepper or less, taking care of my skin and lips by applying moisturizer 80 times or more (twice daily), brushing (twice daily) and flossing (once daily) 120 times or more. A

Counting calories of unhealthy food showed me my biggest weaknesses in diet.

• LIFE: Build WIS +3 and CHA +3 by completing two Toastmaster Speeches, participating in Table Topics thrice and Meeting Roles four times, and completing two lessons from the IJRS Personal 101 Manual in Jedi Training. A

Easily done.

BONUS: I participated in all phases of the Mini-Challenge!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Time for Grades!

To re-iterate my mission, I am training to be the best Jedi I can be. My main quest is always to enhance my overall health, fitness, and knowledge to be prepared for whatever challenges life could throw at me. As a Jedi, I need to be able to help people, whether that is a life threatening situation or just a charitable one. There is no boss level in Jedi training, there is only tomorrow.

My main quest with attribute points in ORANGE and grades in RED is below:

• FITNESS: Build STA +3 and DEX +2 by Running, Sprinting, Hiking, Biking, Rowing, Rollerblading, or Training (HIIT or Sports) for 20 minutes or more, three times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday preferred). A

Flag football league was cancelled so I'm just keeping in shape for myself. I ran a 28 minute 3 mile, so at least I'm staying in shape, but I would have liked to be getting faster on the field.

• FITNESS: Build STR +2 and DEX +1 by completing 500 minutes of Sports Training* and meeting at least 95 % of my fitness side quest goals. A

I hit another 100%. Upping the challenge for the next go-round.

• DIET: Build CON +2 by eating "Healthy Meals"** 28 times or more, eating "Unhealthy Food"*** 24 times or less and count their calories, drinking 270 fl oz of Dr Pepper or less, taking care of my skin and lips by applying moisturizer 80 times or more (twice daily), brushing (twice daily) and flossing (once daily) 120 times or more. A

Making more small strides.

• LIFE: Build WIS +2 and CHA +3 by completing three Toastmaster Speeches, participating in Table Topics thrice and Meeting Roles four times, and completing two lessons from the IJRS Personal 101 Manual in Jedi Training. A

I am working on a Speechcraft with one of my clubs for my 1 hour training. My HPL will be to increase the awareness of Toastmasters in my home county which only has two clubs.