What 9 months can do for you

Whoa! That is mind-blowing! Really interesting to read that around the 3-month mark is when he got into weight lifting and cut back on the cardio...to me, it looks like the biggest, best changes for him really started at that point. Also, he was eating crazy few calories for a 6'1" dude (around 1500 a day), which I guess explains how he dropped the weight so fast at first. Anyway, thanks for sharing! Super inspiring. :)

The rain on my chest is a baptism. I am born again.

His story seems so similar to mine in some respects.

Him: 6'1" Start 1/1/2011: ~235lbs 9 months: 180lbs Ate avg: 1500 kcal/day (probably net of exercise)

Me: 5'9" Start 1/1/2011: ~255lbs 9 months: 170lbs Today: 163.4lbs Ate avg: 2400 kcal/day (gross) 1700 kcal/day (net of exercise)

It looks like he was doing a bodybuilding regimen. Powerlifters need to eat a lot more and don't usually end up looking like that. I remember looking like that when I was doing BB, but at my age being leaner and keeping my cholesterol and pre-diabetes in check were higher priorities. One of the things that I always remember from lifting was that my back always hurt because most heavy lifting puts a lot of pressure on your back. As you get stronger, you tend to pile on 2x-3x even 4x your BW on the bench, squat, and other major lifts. This always put a lot of stress on my spine/skeletal system.

It's cool though. If your goal is to look like this guy, heavy lifting isn't how you get there. You'll probably have to do protocols to lean out and manage your water, tan, etc. With a careful plan, most people can get here. 6 months to a year is a reasonable timetable if you follow the plan to the letter.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

I'll post some pics here tonight. Most of them will be clothed as I don't really take a lot of pictures shirtless.

I posted a before-after in my photo log here:

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?6098-The-SITUATION-Room-An-ABS-Photo-Progression-Log

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance