Tavern (Ask Questions/Chat)

Teros

yesterday someone bought me a caramel shortcake. I didn't even want it but I felt so evil for declining! :( so I wrapped it into a napkin, said I'll eat it later and gave it to a fox :D

-What does the fox say?

-Thank you very much.

Level 0 Tinker Gnome

Weight - 19,4kg gone, 1,6kg to go / 42lbs gone, 3,5lbs to go

97%
97%

%BF - 6% gone, 4% to go

60%
60%

YAYOG Basic Program - 13/44 Workouts

29%
29%

"Specialization is for insects" (Heinlein)

"Yes, there were times - I'm sure you knew - when I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up, and spit it out. I faced it all, and I stood tall, and did it my way" (Sinatra)

My current challenge

Laurabzz, that's such a nice, sneaky way to not eat it! Declining can feel awful... 

Hello, all! I'm a newbie and recently started my first six-week challenge. I'm an exchange student and currently trying to find a healthy balance in my life. I want to enjoy my time here, feel healthy and get stronger both mentally and physically! These six months in Netherlands will definitely be full of adventures and new experiences :)

Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer

Challenges: 1 2 Current

Accountability group: The Cutlasses      

STR 4 | STA 5 | DEX 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 | CHA 5 

Laurabzz, that's such a nice, sneaky way to not eat it! Declining can feel awful... 

Hello, all! I'm a newbie and recently started my first six-week challenge. I'm an exchange student and currently trying to find a healthy balance in my life. I want to enjoy my time here, feel healthy and get stronger both mentally and physically! These six months in Netherlands will definitely be full of adventures and new experiences :)

Nice to meet you all!

Haha I feel like I'm becoming a great liar when it concerns food. 

Where about in Netherlands are you going to be? It's a great country! Especially for cycling :D

laurabzz, I'm in Amsterdam. This city is really awesome - biking is the main way of transportation! The city is very flat and full of bike lanes. People even use bikes when they go out clubbing. 

Student-ish cats, yay!

97160576_XK8DbICI_c_large.jpgto 

That's so awesome! I'm actually going to Amsterdam in December ^_^ 

if you're into shopping, try going to a flea market. This one is apparently the best - http://www.ijhallen.nl/en/index.php :D

That's so awesome! I'm actually going to Amsterdam in December ^_^

if you're into shopping, try going to a flea market. This one is apparently the best - http://www.ijhallen.nl/en/index.php :D

IJ-hallen is really good! If you want to meet when you come here, just send me a message! Haven't had the chance to meet any fellow rebels yet :)

Ready to kick ass? Hell yeah! 

Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer

Challenges: 1 2 Current

Accountability group: The Cutlasses      

STR 4 | STA 5 | DEX 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 | CHA 5 

Hey adventurers! Hope you all are all doing awesome with your challenges.
Question for you experienced weight lifters, any suggestions on a good program to start free weights with? I'm doing the beginner bodyweight workout right now, but have access to a great gym at my new workplace. The membership be super affordable and next door to work! I've lifted before when I was training as a competitive ski racer several years ago but haven't for ages and am not sure where to start. Ideas?

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Ahh, week 2.  I am ready to decidedly kick your ass like I did week 1. 

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!!

WROAARRRHHH!

Yeah, me. :D It's absurd how happy this place is making me make myself. xD

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Here's a picture of my fishies in their new spot.

PNG isn't allowed?  I couldn't get the location data stripped from the jpg. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Km1DT-wiaHRmRpUi1OU3VYR2c/edit?usp=sharing

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Here's a picture of my fishies in their new spot.

PNG isn't allowed?  I couldn't get the location data stripped from the jpg. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Km1DT-wiaHRmRpUi1OU3VYR2c/edit?usp=sharing

Is it safe to post a fish pic in a thread full of cat pics?

• Like 3

Level 0 Tinker Gnome

Weight - 19,4kg gone, 1,6kg to go / 42lbs gone, 3,5lbs to go

97%
97%

%BF - 6% gone, 4% to go

60%
60%

YAYOG Basic Program - 13/44 Workouts

29%
29%

"Specialization is for insects" (Heinlein)

"Yes, there were times - I'm sure you knew - when I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up, and spit it out. I faced it all, and I stood tall, and did it my way" (Sinatra)

My current challenge

WROAARRRHHH!

IKR!?!  Honestly, before NF, I would "work out" a few times a week, but it was never a focused work out.  Get on the eliptical and go for an hour-ish.  Now, i'm eating better, I have a focused plan, and a (scientific term incoming) metric crap-ton of support.  You guys make getting healthy fun!!

• Like 4

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

WROAARRRHHH!

I LOVE your new avatar...

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Nice to meet you all!

Ohai! I live in The Netherlands! Not particularly in or near Amsterdam, but I do live in The Netherlands :P Welcome to Frogland, as the natives would call it sometimes.

If I may ask, where are you from?

:frog:

Ahh, week 2.  I am ready to decidedly kick your ass like I did week 1. 

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!!

I am. I'll likely be taking the Batman Oath shortly.

Hey adventurers! Hope you all are all doing awesome with your challenges.

Question for you experienced weight lifters, any suggestions on a good program to start free weights with? I'm doing the beginner bodyweight workout right now, but have access to a great gym at my new workplace. The membership be super affordable and next door to work! I've lifted before when I was training as a competitive ski racer several years ago but haven't for ages and am not sure where to start. Ideas?

5x5 Seems to be the staple around here.

I LOVE your new avatar...

I know, she's just so damn happy. I love it. :P

I love how multi-culturally NF is...Makes me feel worldly without leaving the Midwest USA

When I first held an accountability group, I had someone from the UK, Australia, South America, and USA all represented, as well as 4 different religions. We get along great. 

This place is all about love and respect.  We're all in this together.

• Like 1

So, I'm super fat and super slow and super lazy.  But I wanna stop all that, so here I am.  I need friends, support folks.  Peeps who are great motivators!  :-)  I need lotsa encouragement, 'cuz I suck.  I can only get on the forum about twice a day, max, so I gotta make it all count!  Haha!  I'm new at the forum stuff, too, so I dunno what I'm doing, or whatever.  So, I'll put a cat pic.  This is Schmendrick (my brown tabby) and Zeus (my cream).  I lost my Molly just a few months ago, and that's when I got Zeus.  He's just a baby still, only 7 months old.  Yup, not relevant.  But they are all I got on the weeks my kids are with my ex (every other).  So I tend to take a lot of pics.  Haha!

10547196_10152630873352696_6710627471758

• Like 2

A year from now, you may wish you had started today.

So, I'm super fat and super slow and super lazy.  But I wanna stop all that, so here I am.  I need friends, support folks.  Peeps who are great motivators!  :-)  I need lotsa encouragement, 'cuz I suck.  I can only get on the forum about twice a day, max, so I gotta make it all count!  Haha!  I'm new at the forum stuff, too, so I dunno what I'm doing, or whatever.

Will you be making a 6 week challenge? It's very simple:

1) Have a life quest/goal (at least 6 months long).

2) Create 3 goals to help accomplish your life quest/goal (if weight loss, absolutely have a food-based goal since that's 80% of the fight).

3) Make sure those 3 goals are SMART- Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Trackable.

4) Make some friends and work on your goals for the next 6 weeks.  The more you socialize on here, the better. 

5) This place is the old mantra:  'You get out what you put in'

6) Have fun!

If you have a specific question, I might be able to answer it; or direct you to the proper place in the forums.

So, I'm super fat and super slow and super lazy.  But I wanna stop all that, so here I am.  I need friends, support folks.  Peeps who are great motivators!  :-)  I need lotsa encouragement, 'cuz I suck.  I can only get on the forum about twice a day, max, so I gotta make it all count!  Haha!  I'm new at the forum stuff, too, so I dunno what I'm doing, or whatever.  So, I'll put a cat pic.  This is Schmendrick (my brown tabby) and Zeus (my cream).  I lost my Molly just a few months ago, and that's when I got Zeus.  He's just a baby still, only 7 months old.  Yup, not relevant.  But they are all I got on the weeks my kids are with my ex (every other).  So I tend to take a lot of pics.  Haha!

Welcome!!!

tumblr_inline_n711bmh1dM1qiwgw3.gif

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines