Harika was first

Harika

looking good ^^ what are tau push ups exactly? :)

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

looking good ^^ what are tau push ups exactly? :)

Just how the set is configured. Twas merely my half-way-down standard push-ups but the number of reps in a set were based on the number tau (2pi)

6-1-2-8- . . . were the reps. It is a way to learn an interesting mathematical pattern or number while keeping exercises varied in counts but still consistent. Pascal's triangle is good for me a squats, and I think negative chin ups but I do not get far.

• Like 2

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Today:

I planned a trip to Chicago

I studied a little bit

I dropped two online classes that were not what I wanted and started getting them under control again

I did 45 push-ups

Chicago is a great trip! I'd recommend staying outside of the city, then taking the train in. But I've only been once, so take that advice with a grain of salt.

"The woods are the only place I can see a clear path."

Pathfinder, Nord (Adventurer)

Measurements: 163 lbs (N 13.625, C 39, W 37.5, H 40, RB 12.75, LB 12.75, RT 20.5, LT 21, RC 13.5, LC 13.25)

BMR: 1562.5 Kcal

Challenge Level/Stats: Level 0 (STR-0) (DEX-0) (STA-0) (CON-0) (WIS-0) (CHA-0)

Rebel Levels: Level 3 (EQ 1)

Academy Levels: Adventurer/Level 1 (Nutrition - 1) (Caffeine - 1) (Sugar - 1)

Challenges: #1

Goal 1: Prepare for and Take the Math GRE subject test

There are 6 weeks, and I am behind

Goal 2: Find Graduate Programs

I will set the number to 4. I need to find some I like, read the research out of the department, and contact the writers I find interesting.

Goal 3: Write Letters

At least 6, typed for editing then handwritten to send.

Goal 1: No significant progress

Goal 2: I eliminated ~10 schools, mostly because of them lacking English-language instruction, so it was not much time. I applied to about 17 jobs where I want to be, but I am not expecting much.

Goal 3: nope

Overall, week 2 was bad. 

Week 3 needs to kick butt because week 4 will be traveling. I think I will do linear algebra on week 4, so for week three I would like to get through Calculus ch 4 and 5, then complete my wax seal and order it. I should absolutely send out one letter, possibly two. To be reasonable, for graduate schools, be sure to have all the language-barrier schools removed from my possible list.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Well, any. It will need to be English-language instruction. I eliminated a Turkish and German school solely because I reach a point where I could not read the web pages and just assumed that they did not use English as the language of instruction. There were more too: a couple French-speaking schools, I think one was Russian-speaking, another Swedish-taught? I am interested in learning languages, but not learning engineering with a language barrier; mathematics is a challenging enough language in my native tongue.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

sometimes training weeks don't really go as planned :) all you have to do then is to not look back and return to your normal goal, slip ups are nothing if they do not result in a landslide is my motto ^^

and Madhatter is right, maybe swedish based schools would be smarter because english is very common in that school system (and most of the skandinavian countries)

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

My mistake, twas Lund University and although it was listed high for science and technology nothing in the master's listing had engineering - not a language issue. When you mentioned it being a place with a lot of English instruction I questioned it myself. I probably went through too many too quickly. There are many Scandinavian schools I plan to look at, I actually seem to have a leaning toward them.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

If you need some German websites look at, just tell me!

Maybe this search engine could be useful, since there is a filter for english-taught programmes: https://www.hochschulkompass.de/en/degree-programmes/suche/study-in-germany-advanced-search.html

Sadly German university websited rarely have a German and an English version (or in any other language). Most of them are German (often even the international office ones) and some international research-oriented professors have english only webpages, which is kinda stupid, too, when they use that communicate with their students (especially since it is bad english usually).

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

I know you said week 2 was bad, but I'm so hung up on you doing 45+ pushups. I think THAT is amazing.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Goal 1: Prepare for and Take the Math GRE subject test

There are 6 weeks, and I am behind

Goal 2: Find Graduate Programs

I will set the number to 4. I need to find some I like, read the research out of the department, and contact the writers I find interesting.

Goal 3: Write Letters

At least 6, typed for editing then handwritten to send.

Goal 1: I attempted Linear Algebra while traveling, but without the answer book (none in the book and not online) I could not verify I was on the right track. I started Khan's version of the subject. I attempted the first 10 problems of the practice GRE subject test, 4/10 were right, 5 were ones I was not sure about how to do.

Goal 2: I looked into second bachelor options, or classes to bring my gpa up, and eliminated 8 possible graduate programs last night.

Goal 3: 0

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

it sounds like you're making steady progress on most of your goals! how are you feeling about it?

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

How are you doing?

"The woods are the only place I can see a clear path."

Pathfinder, Nord (Adventurer)

Measurements: 163 lbs (N 13.625, C 39, W 37.5, H 40, RB 12.75, LB 12.75, RT 20.5, LT 21, RC 13.5, LC 13.25)

BMR: 1562.5 Kcal

Challenge Level/Stats: Level 0 (STR-0) (DEX-0) (STA-0) (CON-0) (WIS-0) (CHA-0)

Rebel Levels: Level 3 (EQ 1)

Academy Levels: Adventurer/Level 1 (Nutrition - 1) (Caffeine - 1) (Sugar - 1)

Challenges: #1

I took the GRE math subject test yesterday. It did not go well, at all. I had reviewed all the questions from the practice test but there were many problems that had the same topic or question type as the practice test but was either a lot more complicated or far more in depth on the topic. 

Throughout this challenge I did narrow down by list of possible graduate programs, but I never got through one iteration (I started with any schools I found in two international lists of engineering schools, and did not get through a cursory look at the whole list.) The first look for each is just language of instruction and the existence of the area of engineering I want to get into.

No letters were written.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines