Catspaw Isn't Dead

catspaw

I'm back in civilization!  (Aka: Tokyo.  Not back home for another few days yet.)

I've written many pages of notes for you folks and will be scanning them in and posting them in batches over the next few days to catch you all up on everything that has happened.  It feels like I haven't seen any of you in far too many forevers!  Thanks for keeping the thread warm for me. :)

• Like 3

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

There went a solid chunk of my morning, despite deadlines. Reading your writing makes me want to just read journals of people's adventures.

That said, this guy needs to be replaced by you.

I mean really, defender of the independent internets of Kazakystan? Googler? Silly good cook? Climber of scary as fuck mountains? Common now.

I wrote notes down as I read through. Here is my vomit of comments/questions:

-Love the note that the thoughts belong to the nerds. I also think I'd have the same conundrum about writing about the others or not.

-Did you talk during the ramen eating? Apparently that's taboo, you're supposed to eat it like the below as a compliment to the chef or something. Come to think of it, I may have heard this from you, or at least in your thread...
cute_naruto_by_anniiskittles-d63jqpt.gif006.gifGoku__s_endless_needle_source_by_mtlpwr.
(I couldn't find the specific one I was looking for, a large japanese man on a loop killing bowl after bowl of the stuff)

- What are the deets on the giant breakfast (can you tell I'm on an extended cut?)?

-I was thinking of the Legendary LOTR scene before you mentioned it, made me laugh when you did.

-I have a terrible fear of falling. Not heights. Falling. I can be right up a glass window in a Skycraper if I'm confident it's not going to give way. I won't go within 50 feet of a cliff droppoff, my legs go rubbery and won't allow me to, I actually fall to my hands and knees. Those 9 inch wide bridges would have been the death of me.

-With all these chains, was there an option to clip in at all, or was it a "let go and you die" kinda thing?

-Did all those vertical chains have those pegs in the wall?

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The Trip During Which Catspaw Became a Mountain Goat

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

H'okay it's midnight and I may be drunk on an absolutely ludicrous amount of sake, but...

-Did you talk during the ramen eating? Apparently that's taboo,

We did, but only because we're rude gaijin. We talk during ramen. We wear toilet slippers outside of the squat toilet area, or indoor slippers outdoors, or outdoor slippers indoors. We put our chopsticks into bowls of rice. We wrap our yukata in the wrong way for our gender. You cannot take us anywhere.

- What are the deets on the giant breakfast (can you tell I'm on an extended cut?)?

Stay tuned; will describe in detail soon. :) 

-With all these chains, was there an option to clip in at all, or was it a "let go and you die" kinda thing?

-Did all those vertical chains have those pegs in the wall?

There was an option to clip in if you brought a harness. I did not.

And, without too many spoilers, there will be much ahead during which a harness could not have helped.... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Vertical chains had pegs at the top and bottom. Sometimes they were short (maybe 1.5 meters between pegs) and sometimes long (20 meters).

The pegs of which I speak are the ones people are walking on in the pictures.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The Trip During Which Catspaw Became a Mountain Goat

mountain goats don't need chains. They have suction hooves

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Photo of the peak that day, to give you an idea of what I mean when I talk about the types of rocks we're climbing over and hopping from rock-to-rock on.

79711075.jpg

The ridge itself, though it's much steeper than it looks:

t_DSC03816.jpg

You can kinda see the path we walked along, on the bottom-left of the above photo.

t_DSC03826.jpg

t_DSC03847.jpg

Hazardous hopping.  Watch your step.  Don't slip.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines