Catspaw Isn't Dead

catspaw

Well, I'm home! :)  Managed to defeat jet lag via strategically staying awake for 39 hours yesterday.  Fell asleep at 8:30 pm local time last night and woke up naturally at 8 am.  BAM!

Catspaw's "my fridge is totally empty" post-trip groceries this morning consisted of:

• Meats
    • 2 bags of frozen shrimp
    • 2 lbs ground bison
    • 1 lb sliced roast beef
    • 1 lb chicken breast
    • 4 cans wild salmon
    • Dozen eggs
  • Veggies
    • Broccoli
    • Cauliflower
    • Scallions
    • Red peppers
    • Yellow peppers
    • Red onions
    • Hearts of palm
    • Frozen broccoli
    • Sweet potatoes
  • Misc
    • Kombucha
    • Kombu and bonito flakes
    • Fermented miso paste
    • Kimchi
    • Curry kraut
    • Teas

There.  That should last me ... six seconds.  My stomach is pretty used to eating ALL THE THINGS these days, though I'm starting "operation 6 week hard cut" this morning while my metabolism is just zingingly high from the 4000+ cals diet while I was traveling.  Speaking of which, down a few pounds despite the 4000+ cals of food each day.  Yeeesh, talk about burning a lot.

• Like 1

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Sun, Sep 21st - Workout Log

4 sets of...

1A) Close-grip pulldowns: 70 x 10

1B) Prisoner squats: 20

1C) Plank: 30 secs

4 sets of...

2A) Front-squats: 75 x 6, 75 x 6, 85 x 6, 85 x 6

2B) Pushups: 5

3 sets of...

3A) Snatch: 45 x 5, 55 x 5, 65 x 5

3B) Standing lateral raise in deep lunge: 8# x 6/leg

3C) Lateral lunge w/ 1 arm db press: 12# x 10/leg

Mostly a "let's see how my joints are doing" kind of workout.  Knees are definitely a little weak -- I wouldn't've felt comfortable going heavier than 85 (55% 1RM) on front squat, and ankles were a little rusty compared to their usual excellent-flexibility but hips weren't too bad.  I think I'll probably need to take it easy for a week or two but should be back to ass-kicking in no time.

Made little lunches for myself for this week, all packed in neat little tupperware containers.  Eeeeveryone at work is gonna be all "why are you bringing food from home???" and I'm gonna be all "shut your face" rather than "I'm starving myself now so I can gorge myself later" which is true, but sounds a lot more dysfunctional than "it's cutting season in a well-regimented cut-and-bulk cyclic program for strength and performance gains with minimal body composition downsides".

• Like 1

Made little lunches for myself for this week, all packed in neat little tupperware containers.  Eeeeveryone at work is gonna be all "why are you bringing food from home???" and I'm gonna be all "shut your face" rather than "I'm starving myself now so I can gorge myself later" which is true, but sounds a lot more dysfunctional than "it's cutting season in a well-regimented cut-and-bulk cyclic program for strength and performance gains with minimal body composition downsides".

Otherwise know as "catspaw eats all of her coworkers" season.  

I'll bring steak when I visit.  I figure if I thrown one out every 10 minutes, I may survive the trip.

• Like 1

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

My current reaction to that journal is that it was the best thing I've ever read. Period. Better than any book, article, anything. Not just being complimentary here. Reading about someone I know going through that adventure is just so much more engaging than reading about someone I don't know in a book or even watching them on tv. Thank you.

On the down side, I think you may have just ruined fiction for me...

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

d'awwww you GUYS, you're no good to this Catspaw's already-inflated ego.  Stawp!

Honestly, though, thanks for being a receptive audience.  Having someone to write to was definitely a motivator for me to write anything, and thus forced me to reflect as I went. I'm sure I'll be extremely grateful to have the pages to turn to in the future and reminisce.

And for now?  I'm back to reality fully this morning.  Let's see how it goes. :)

• Like 1

Reality can be pretty nice. It's only SOMETIMES overrated. Welcome back, dear. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

d'awwww you GUYS, you're no good to this Catspaw's already-inflated ego.  Stawp!

Honestly, though, thanks for being a receptive audience.  Having someone to write to was definitely a motivator for me to write anything, and thus forced me to reflect as I went. I'm sure I'll be extremely grateful to have the pages to turn to in the future and reminisce.

And for now?  I'm back to reality fully this morning.  Let's see how it goes. :)

Don't let go of the bar!!

And ditto on Gainsdalf's comments.  Though fiction has pretty well faded for me over the last decade.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Don't let go of the bar!!

Always good advice. :)

Mon, Sep 22nd - Workout Log

5 sets of...

Broad jumps: 3

Banded good mornings: 20

10 sets of (EMOM)...

Explosive deadlifts: 135 x 2

Power hang snatch + OHS: 65 x 1

Oof, these got tiring fast...

4 sets of...

Chins: 2

Dimel deadlift: 95 x 8

Leg curls: 60 x 10

Wobbly legs are wobbly!!

Soooooo it's day 3 on this cut and I would describe it so far as:

• (Very intentionally) boring food
  • Sadly not enough food
  • Hungry, but not hungry yet
  • Not spending every waking moment fantasizing about refeed day yet
  • Compliance is easy (willpower, yo) so far
  • 39 more days of this seems totally doable

However the size of my steak last night baffled me.  It was, like, a child sized steak.  If your child was a hobbit child.  Like, seriously.  Palm-sized?  That's a two bite steak.  How is that a "serving"?

This and so many other comments you've made have convinced me that I'm going to be killed and eaten...

• Like 1

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines