♫ starsapart stands a little taller ♫

starsapart

Waaaah, way to go!! You did amazingly this challenge! :D

Yay, thank you!!!

So good to see you again, hugs 9ever!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Hi Starsapart! Not sure if you remember me, but I was following along with your last challenge before I took a break from Nerd Fitness. How's your ankle, and did you get that crow stand down?

Oh, hey there!  It's been awhile!  Of course I remember you.  I hope you are doing well. ^_^

Crow has been conquered!  I first got it wearing the boot... hahaha.  I made a 20 second balance record and now have moved on to the arm pressure pose/firefly progression (my ankle isn't quite up to flying lizard).  In general though, my ankle is worlds better - I am no longer limping, I can run, I'm not wearing a brace.  Some directions of bending (mostly encountered in dance and yoga) are still a bit problematic and the strength is taking a long time to come back... but the worst of the rehab is over.  I'm continuing to stretch it for ROM improvements and doing pretty much all I did before minus parkour (plyo is still a little scary with this level of strength).  I'll be trying my hand at aerial next month though!

You did so good ^^

tumblr_n8q5mlmzKb1tgj3zgo1_400.gif

This is the best gif I have seen in a long time.  THANK YOU! :love_heart:

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Sweeet!!!! Nicely done.  Good work.  All that!  Starting running is hard, harder than starting anything else, and you've done it :)

There are so many races (as I see you have noticed!) and they're a good way to stay motivated.  If you don't train, you can't race.  And now, if you want to, I bet you could.

Looking forward to seeing what your next challenge is all about.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

Sweeet!!!! Nicely done.  Good work.  All that!  Starting running is hard, harder than starting anything else, and you've done it :)

There are so many races (as I see you have noticed!) and they're a good way to stay motivated.  If you don't train, you can't race.  And now, if you want to, I bet you could.

Looking forward to seeing what your next challenge is all about.

I still don't know that I intend to run again after the one race I'm mostly committed to - it just isn't my primary area of interest - but it's nice to know that I can!

Next challenge will be about flexibility and...... other stuff....................................... (I am so not doing well at planning this).

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Oh, hey there!  It's been awhile!  Of course I remember you.  I hope you are doing well. ^_^

Crow has been conquered!  I first got it wearing the boot... hahaha.  I made a 20 second balance record and now have moved on to the arm pressure pose/firefly progression (my ankle isn't quite up to flying lizard).  In general though, my ankle is worlds better - I am no longer limping, I can run, I'm not wearing a brace.  Some directions of bending (mostly encountered in dance and yoga) are still a bit problematic and the strength is taking a long time to come back... but the worst of the rehab is over.  I'm continuing to stretch it for ROM improvements and doing pretty much all I did before minus parkour (plyo is still a little scary with this level of strength).  I'll be trying my hand at aerial next month though!

This is the best gif I have seen in a long time.  THANK YOU! :love_heart:

Good to hear! And yes, I am doing well; lost a few more kilos, and managed to do 15 push-ups with proper form when I tested my max last week. I've been missing more workouts than I really should lately, but that's why I'm back, to rekindle my motivation and have people whom I can share my exploits with :)

Good to hear! And yes, I am doing well; lost a few more kilos, and managed to do 15 push-ups with proper form when I tested my max last week. I've been missing more workouts than I really should lately, but that's why I'm back, to rekindle my motivation and have people whom I can share my exploits with :)

Nice!  It'll be good to see you around the forums.

Awesome jobs Stars!! You've made amazing progress during these last 6 weeks. Definitely looking forward to your next challenge. :)

Thank youuuuuuuu!  I hope I come up with a sensible challenge for next time ahahahahaha I am still a bit in the dark over it.

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

d31478a81d3beecf9bb20bbe0b679fe1.jpg

Day 42

Wow!  It's over!  The last day of the challenge!  I can hardly believe it.  Time to celebrate!  Both this and the last one have just seemed to fly by for me.  Lots of accomplishments this time around, which I'll get to in a bit!

Today's summary:

• Goal 1: 7/7
    • Morning squats.
    • A few light stretches.
    • Planning on a bit of walking throughout the day.  I have places to go, etc, so I won't be skipping this!

WEEK SIX SUMMARY

• Goal 1: 100%
  • Goal 2: 100%
  • Goal 3: 100%
  • Life Goal: Pass

WEEK 6 GRADE: A+

I've done it again!  This means:

OVERALL CHALLENGE AVERAGE GRADE: A+!!!!!

Level 3!  How sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet it is!  Stats all updated with my 10 points plus the 6 I earned in the Assassin minis.  Wow, my strength stat!

Before pictures:
ee611f89-32a0-46a9-9442-370bcf48b481_zps c7973747-8b7e-48d0-a55f-fe27014081ba_zps 46d53e25-377e-447c-86f9-7c1eb0794ca3_zps
After pictures:
02ae8d58-aadd-472d-9392-0b32afba14e4_zps 91cce695-8bfd-411c-a76e-897b1bb4850b_zps 70990629-48bf-49a8-ae94-f3f1bed85381_zps

I can see some changes again!  Flatter tummy, definitely.  Those creases in my back are almost gone!  Thighs actually visibly shrank, thank whatever deity is listening.  And of course - no brace!

Before Measurements:                          After Measurements:
Chest: 40"                                                Chest: 38" (-2)
Waist: 32.2"                                              Waist: 30.6" (-1.6)
Hips: 42.5"                                                Hips: 40.6" (-1.9)
Thigh: R: 26.1" L: 25"                               Thigh: R: 24.7" (-1.4) L: 24.2" (-.8)
Calf: R: 16" L: 15.5"                                  Calf: R: 16" (no change) L: 15.5" (no change)
Bicep: 12.5"                                               Bicep: 12.1" (-.4)

Weight: 178                                              Weight: 168.2 (-9.8)
Dress/pants size: 12                                Dress/pants size: 10 (-1)

Lessons Learned:
  • I did better at weight loss this challenge, which means that my interim routine was pretty functional.  Hey, I'm pretty decent at programming, apparently!
  • Healing is exhausting and frustrating and wow, my patience has been tested.  But looking back, I was actually back on my feet much faster than I thought I would be.  6 weeks ago I was limping with the brace and not walking without it at all.  Now I can run two miles.
  • I need to reiterate the above: I CAN RUN.  I've never been able to maintain a running pace for more than a minute and a half, ever.
  • I'm busting out assisted chin-ups like nobody's business and it feels awesome.  I think I might get to the real deal before the end of the year!!!!
  • I said I wanted to be in the best shape of my life at 30, and while I still have pounds to lose... I think I've achieved that goal.  I can do real push-ups.  I can run.  I can do so many things I've never been able to do!
  • I really miss restaurant food but my wallet is grateful.
  • The Assassins are the best guild ever.  I loved the minis, the camaraderie, the random gif parties... everything.  YOU GUYS ROCK.

tl;dr, you guys all rock.  Thank you everyone who has been following and supporting me!  You can find me at my battle log for the next two weeks, preparing for the 5k I am probably going to be running on 11/9, moaning about DOMS after Stronglifts (it's comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing), and flailing about getting myself signed up for silks, which should just about coincide with the start of the next challenge.

Let's go be awesome!

You are so amazing! I'm really happy for you and so very happy to see that you've kicked ass at yet another challenge.  Getting back on here to see how you and Ryoko and everyone else is doing really keeps me going some days. 

• Like 1

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

You are so amazing! I'm really happy for you and so very happy to see that you've kicked ass at yet another challenge.  Getting back on here to see how you and Ryoko and everyone else is doing really keeps me going some days. 

I miss Ryoko... :(

I miss you, too.  I hope things in your life get less ridiculous soon, so that I can stalk all your posts, etc. ^_^

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Congrats on an excellent challenge!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

holy geez, so, I "real lifed" out at the end of this challenge and am just coming back and! hey! STARSAPART! you did amazing. you had so many wins. and plus your photos look incredible! especially the back one, that is a really big deal. and also SO MUCH WEIGHT. seriously. so much weight. high fives.

I'm really looking forward to the next challenge with you!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

holy geez, so, I "real lifed" out at the end of this challenge and am just coming back and! hey! STARSAPART! you did amazing. you had so many wins. and plus your photos look incredible! especially the back one, that is a really big deal. and also SO MUCH WEIGHT. seriously. so much weight. high fives.

I'm really looking forward to the next challenge with you!

Thank you!  I've finally got my quests worked out, so I'm stoked for the next challenge to start!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Congrats on an awesome challenge! Inspiring that's for sure.

Thank you!  Haven't seen you around in a bit, how goes?

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Thank you!  Haven't seen you around in a bit, how goes?

Pretty good. My last challenge had a quest that was all about minimizing my time online. So thats why I was kinda absent for the last challenge.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | Character

Pretty good. My last challenge had a quest that was all about minimizing my time online. So thats why I was kinda absent for the last challenge.

Seems like a detox probably did you some good!  But I'm definitely glad to see you again. ^_^

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Where is the new thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's marked as "Current" in my signature! Click and you're there. ^_^

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines