♫ starsapart stands a little taller ♫

starsapart

I deliberately plagiarized the structure of your challenge, because you lay it out so logically.  Would you be offended if I stole your spreadsheet too?

Feel free!  It's nothing special and totally available for the taking. ^_^

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I so feel you on the shopping trips. My über long lunch hours in the middle of shopping heaven have proven to be really hazardous for my wallet. Gonna sneak in and watch you rock that so I can get tips for my next challenge :)

tbh I will probably just hide in my house with my hands over my ears going LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUR INVITATIONS TO GO SHOPPING I AM HAPPY RIGHT HERE.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

tbh I will probably just hide in my house with my hands over my ears going LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUR INVITATIONS TO GO SHOPPING I AM HAPPY RIGHT HERE.

I also like this. :)

funny-meerkat-falling-asleep-gif-01.gif

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Looks like a good training plan - best of luck with it :)

Thanks!  It's just a step up from what I've been doing, and I've been getting DOMS lately so... exercise program level up time?

This seems like an entirely logical way to go about it.

The only way possible for me, honestly. ;)

I also like this. :)

funny-meerkat-falling-asleep-gif-01.gif

Yes, good, excellent~

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Waow- very logical and concise as expected! Once I figure out my exercise goals I am stealing your spreadsheet! So organize much understand very motivate.. 

Also congrats on becoming an Ambassador! I'm impressed and proud of you~~

Subbed!

• Like 2

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4| DEX 0| STA 5CON 4| WIS 4| CHA 1

My battlelog

Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Good luck on your challenge! it looks like you've picked some really good goals to work towards.  

Thank you!  I look forward to watching you progress as well - fish on a bicycle, ha! - and of course sailing together with the Cutlasses!

Waow- very logical and concise as expected! Once I figure out my exercise goals I am stealing your spreadsheet! So organize much understand very motivate.. 

Also congrats on becoming an Ambassador! I'm impressed and proud of you~~

Subbed!

Thank you so much!  Thrilled to have you back - and I fully expect to be welcoming you into the fold in 6 weeks.  You can do it!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I found you, superstar! :love_heart:

I'm trying to do a pull-up this challenge, too. Let's do this! ^.^

Woohoo!  We'll see who gets there first...  :pirate:

(My money's on you!)

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Woohoo!  We'll see who gets there first...  :pirate:

(My money's on you!)

You're on!

And I highly doubt that. I've got the upper body strength of a wet noodle. :P

Therefore, it will be you. ^.^

• Like 2

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

You're on!

And I highly doubt that. I've got the upper body strength of a wet noodle. :tongue:

Therefore, it will be you. ^.^

Ah, but you have far less weight to pull up than I do!!!!!

Still, I smell a (money-free and just for fun, naturally) wager coming on.................

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Okay, you're on!

tumblr_lzsntfUOy91qei38z.gif

What useless thing shall we wager?  :topsy_turvy:

I LOVE the way you outline your challenge. In particular, I'm psyched about your rewards section. I will be stealing this!

Best of luck with your challenge! 

Thank you!  I'm glad if it can be of use. ^_^

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Ah, but you have far less weight to pull up than I do!!!!!

Still, I smell a (money-free and just for fun, naturally) wager coming on.................

Can we make this a money-less wager for 3?  I've got a long way to go and could use the motivation!

• Like 1

"I don't guarantee my voice - why would I?  But I promise to tell my story."

-- Johanna Gleason

Can we make this a money-less wager for 3?  I've got a long way to go and could use the motivation!

Totally!  The pull-up triple threat (or, you know, not).  But what does the winner get???

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger,
stand a little taller,
doesn't mean i'm lonely when i'm alone.
what doesn't kill you makes a fighter,
footsteps even lighter..."

INTRODUCTION: Hello, Assassins!  I am thrilled to be joining you for my second challenge!  I could babble on and on here (I'm verbose; apologies in advance) but in a nutshell: I had a parkour accident in August (oooooops) which led to a broken bone (double ooooooooops) which I am now in the process of rehabbing so that I can go back to doing cool, Assassin-y things.  Which brings me to my...

MAIN QUEST: Be in a condition to reasonably start aerial silks training in November!  In order to do this, I need to rehab my ankle strength and mobility, regain my leg strength, and improve my upper body strength.  I don't want to be hanging helplessly from the silks - I want to fly.

QUEST 1: FOLLOW MY FEET (+2 DEX, +1 STA)
Description: I have been out of a boot and in a brace for a couple of weeks, but I limp so pathetically right now!  For the duration of the challenge, I will walk a bit further every single day.  There are no daily time limits to meet here, because some days I still have fairly significant pain.  I will allow my ankle to tell me when to stop.  At first, this may mean taking a few extra walks to the break room for tea, or hobbling around the grocery store where ordinarily I might have sent my long-suffering spouse shopping.  By the end, I hope to be choosing the stairs in favor of the elevator and going for walks at the nearby lake.  Similarly, every single day, I will perform the ankle mobility exercises assigned by my physical therapist.  Right now they're simple (point and flex, trace the ABCs) but I anticipate they will get more complex as the challenge goes on, seeing as I am scheduled to be fully rehabbed sometime in October.
  • A: 7 days complete, B: 6 days complete, C: 5 days complete

QUEST 2: WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU... (+2 STR, +1 DEX)
Description: My leg muscles have atrophied dreadfully over the course of my injury, and my right leg is still significantly stronger (and larger, lol) than my left.  Over the course of the challenge, I will do 3 days a week of leg strengthening exercises.  Right now, this means various leg machines (such as hamstring curls and leg extensions), as I have not been cleared for squats or any other high-pressure lower-body movements.  As the physical therapist clears me, I hope to add in squats, lunges, and ankle strengthening exercises with resistance bands.
  • A: 3 days complete, B: 2 days complete, C: 1 days complete

QUEST 3: SPREAD MY WINGS (+2 STR, +1 CHA)
Description: The one good thing about my injury is that it forced me to spend the last month and change hyper-focused on my upper body.  I've seen some great results, but the one mark of true calisthenic BAMF-ness still eludes me: the pull-up.  The way I figure, having the capability to do even one of these will instantly make aerial training easier and more fun.  Thus, over the course of my challenge, I will do 3 days a week of pull-up training.  This can include reverse bodyweight rows, lateral pull-downs, or assisted pull-ups with a resistance band.  The only way up is... well, up.  Why that charisma point, you ask?  Come on, pull-ups are crazy cool.
  • A: 3 days complete, B: 2 days complete, C: 1 days complete

LIFE QUEST: HOARD MY TREASURE (+1 WIS)
Description: This one is particularly hard for me, but the bonus is, if I pass this quest, the silks class is paid for (actually, a couple months of silks classes are probably paid for...)!  My wife and I have a bad habit of going out to eat on date night and buying too many pretty clothes to wear.  I'm good at eating well/lightly in restaurants (I have a system), but my wallet doesn't thank me.  Thus, over the course of weeks 2-6 of the challenge, I will not eat out more than 3 times, will not go clothes shopping more than once (once may be needed - it's getting cold and all of my pants are 2 sizes too big), and on that one shopping trip I will not spend more than $200.  These are all significantly scaled down from our current habits, sadly.  Week 1 of the challenge is not included because my best friend is in town from out of the country and we are taking her to Las Vegas, where we will not have access to a refrigerator, let alone a kitchen... needless to say, it's eat out or starve.
  • A: met all 3 criteria, B: met 2 criteria, C: met 1 criterion

The points thus come out like this, assuming I mathed correctly:

STR : 4 (A=4, B=3, C=1)
DEX : 3 (A=3, B=2, C=1)
STA : 1 (A=1, B=.5, C=.25)
WIS : 1 (A=1, B=.5, C=.25)
CHA : 1 (A=1, B=.5, C=.25)

I'll be keeping track of daily accomplishments in a gdoc, publicly available HERE. The spreadsheet does all the fancy math for me (I love technology).  If you're interested in my full training program, see my battle log!

REWARDS: What would an epic quest be without treasure?  If I succeed, I will reward myself with something nice (that isn't food).  Rewards are stacking, meaning I get the A, B, and C rewards if I get to an A grade, the B and C rewards for B grade, and just the C reward for C grade.  Rewards are as follows:

A overall: Unlock New Skill Tree!  If I earn an A, I will sign up for aerial silks classes with Aerial Cirque Over Denver.
B overall: Armor Upgrade! I need new dress slacks!  That fit!  After my shopping moratorium, if I earn at least a B, I will go and buy a couple pairs.
C overall: Equipment Upgrade! I've been eyeing a heavier kettlebell....

MOTIVATION: If you get to know me, you will realize that I am really, really into Cirque du Soleil.  I am also a dancer and a great lover of heights.  The idea that I could do these things myself only occurred to me fairly recently, when I started getting back in shape, and since I am unlikely to grow wings overnight (pity), this is the closest I am going to get to flight right now.  Basically, not only do I want to feel strong and stop hurting all the time (sigh, ankle, why), but the reward is so very worth the tedium of rehab.

Before pictures:
COMING ON THE NIGHT PRIOR TO CHALLENGE START

Measurements:
Chest: 
Waist: 
Hips: 
Thigh: R: L:
Bicep: 

Weight: 
Dress/pants size: 

In the grand tradition on me, there will be a lot of cute gifs and random videos and babble about every possible thing here.  Stay tuned!

tumblr_n3jfpnJF7H1s02vreo1_400.gif

I love it!! All of it! Your stacking rewards is a great idea! I also love how creative you are with your wording/naming things. I'm just so full of love right now. 

Cirque Du Soleil is so wonderful. I got to see the X rated one..... oh dang I just realized it was 10 years ago. I can't think of the name at the moment. It was wonderful and hilarious. I would really love to go to another one.  Oh, now I want to go to Vegas. lol. 

Yea! Challenge number 2!!! 

• Like 1

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Huzzah!  I am glad to have you!  I hope to entertain. :pirate:

I am so excited to get started!  I am going to do everything in my power to get to class and have a leg up (ahahaha, puntastic, that is what I am tonight).

Yessssssss glad to see you!  Ha, Divergent.  I'd wind up in Erudite, negl.  FORGIVE ME.  I don't agree with the author's seeming perspective that knowledge is the ultimate corrupting force......

Incidentally, I'm still working on weight loss, too - I have probably 30 (or more?) pounds to go, but I'm down 24 from where I started and working on learning skills helps make the whole weight loss process more bearable.  Basically I will do all of the above at a steep caloric deficit, doot doot doot.

I spent the whole series thinking I would end up in the hippy art faction, but when I took the quiz (I am a nerd, after all), I was Candor. After I read their manifesto, I was all, "Oh, yeah, that's so me."  Although, a goal I have had for quite awhile is to be more gentle with others and myself. Just because it is the truth doesn't mean it needs to be said or at least, said bluntly. lol. Gentleness is a good thing.

I'm so excited you are an ambassador! If anyone should be, it is you. You are going to do such a great job. 

• Like 1

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

I'm so excited you are an ambassador! If anyone should be, it is you. You are going to do such a great job. 

Yes, totally agree! I completely missed this the first time around.

Congratulations! You are definitely a perfect fit for the job. :panda:

starsapart superstar  :star:

• Like 1

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

I love it!! All of it! Your stacking rewards is a great idea! I also love how creative you are with your wording/naming things. I'm just so full of love right now. 

Cirque Du Soleil is so wonderful. I got to see the X rated one..... oh dang I just realized it was 10 years ago. I can't think of the name at the moment. It was wonderful and hilarious. I would really love to go to another one.  Oh, now I want to go to Vegas. lol. 

Yea! Challenge number 2!!! 

Zumanity, I think?  And I don't think it's so bad?  But idk, it's still on my to-see list.  Next week are Ka and Beatles LOVE.  I am so crazy excited about the steampunk joy that is Ka.

My fitness quests are all named after song lyrics... lol.  "Follow My Feet" by the Unlikely Candidates (freaking love that one), "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson (overall challenge theme!) and "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson once again.  The treasure-hoarding is just RPG goodness, because I am exactly that sort of nerd.

YAY SECOND CHALLENGE!!!!  I am full of love right back~

I spent the whole series thinking I would end up in the hippy art faction, but when I took the quiz (I am a nerd, after all), I was Candor. After I read their manifesto, I was all, "Oh, yeah, that's so me."  Although, a goal I have had for quite awhile is to be more gentle with others and myself. Just because it is the truth doesn't mean it needs to be said or at least, said bluntly. lol. Gentleness is a good thing.

I knew I'd score Erudite before I took the quiz... just like every sorting hat quiz ever puts me in Ravenclaw.  IT IS DESTINED.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu!  I'm so excited about it!  I've started going and greeting the level ones and it's such fun to come up with silly things to write and hopefully inspire people and make them smile!

Yes, totally agree! I completely missed this the first time around.

Congratulations! You are definitely a perfect fit for the job. :panda:

starsapart superstar  :star:

Awwwwwwww, thanks!  :redface:  I will do my best!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines