♫ starsapart stands a little taller ♫

starsapart

Zumanity, I think?  And I don't think it's so bad?  But idk, it's still on my to-see list.  Next week are Ka and Beatles LOVE.  I am so crazy excited about the steampunk joy that is Ka.

My fitness quests are all named after song lyrics... lol.  "Follow My Feet" by the Unlikely Candidates (freaking love that one), "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson (overall challenge theme!) and "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson once again.  The treasure-hoarding is just RPG goodness, because I am exactly that sort of nerd.

YAY SECOND CHALLENGE!!!!  I am full of love right back~

I knew I'd score Erudite before I took the quiz... just like every sorting hat quiz ever puts me in Ravenclaw.  IT IS DESTINED.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu!  I'm so excited about it!  I've started going and greeting the level ones and it's such fun to come up with silly things to write and hopefully inspire people and make them smile!

Awwwwwwww, thanks!  :redface:  I will do my best!

You are very good at making people smile! 

Zumanity sounds familiar. It wasn't as bad as they made it sound. It was pretty much boobs and their costumes are skin tight so it really didn't seem much different. The jokes were dirty, which I love and there was a great aerial rope dance that was about erotic asphyxiation. I didn't realize it until the end of the dance.   

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Okay, so I'm looking for 5ks because I want to another one and between Anaticula and Ryoko I'm getting the itch. I found one in Castle Rock, Colorado on October 11th. It benefits world orphans and I'm all about the orphans. How far is this from you and do you think the weather will be nasty? I'm looking at getting to Colorado the last week of September or possibly the first week of October, depending on when my Grams gets out of the hospital. 

• Like 1

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Hi Starsapart!  I've seen you around a bit but didn't really follow you closely last challenge; I'm excited to get to know a fellow new Assassin better! *Followed*

Hi back!  Same goes, though I think near the end of the last challenge I dumped some treasure on you? Hahahahaha good pirating times.  We should totally get to know each other better, you seem awesome!  I'll go find your thread soon as well. ^_^

You are very good at making people smile! 

Zumanity sounds familiar. It wasn't as bad as they made it sound. It was pretty much boobs and their costumes are skin tight so it really didn't seem much different. The jokes were dirty, which I love and there was a great aerial rope dance that was about erotic asphyxiation. I didn't realize it until the end of the dance.   

Huzzah, that's a great compliment!

Ahahahahahaha now I need to see Zumanity.

Okay, so I'm looking for 5ks because I want to another one and between Anaticula and Ryoko I'm getting the itch. I found one in Castle Rock, Colorado on October 11th. It benefits world orphans and I'm all about the orphans. How far is this from you and do you think the weather will be nasty? I'm looking at getting to Colorado the last week of September or possibly the first week of October, depending on when my Grams gets out of the hospital. 

We live north of Denver and that's south of Denver so... maybe an hour?  Definitely a very manageable distance (and there's some outlet shops, hmmmmmmmmmmm I can't buy anything because challenge or I'd be like LET US GO).  I offered it to my wife as well, so maybe you'll have a running buddy?  I may not be in a shape to try any running yet, though maybe I'll try for a last minute entry if healing goes well!!!  The weather is a toss-up in early October but we do get sunshine 300 days a year so even if it's cold you should be able to run!  I say go for it.

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Hi back!  Same goes, though I think near the end of the last challenge I dumped some treasure on you? Hahahahaha good pirating times.  We should totally get to know each other better, you seem awesome!  I'll go find your thread soon as well. ^_^

Huzzah, that's a great compliment!

Ahahahahahaha now I need to see Zumanity.

We live north of Denver and that's south of Denver so... maybe an hour?  Definitely a very manageable distance (and there's some outlet shops, hmmmmmmmmmmm I can't buy anything because challenge or I'd be like LET US GO).  I offered it to my wife as well, so maybe you'll have a running buddy?  I may not be in a shape to try any running yet, though maybe I'll try for a last minute entry if healing goes well!!!  The weather is a toss-up in early October but we do get sunshine 300 days a year so even if it's cold you should be able to run!  I say go for it.

I recommend that show, for sure. 

Okay, I will sign up! Yea! Exciting! I'm going to have to request a gift card for a late birthday present from my Grams so I can do this. Then I just need to find some wall space to put it up. :) 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

you are so awesome that you are at 6 pages before the challenge begins!

I have started an accountabilibuddy for artists...not sure if you are interested....just a place to post art...maybe your dance?

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53971-crossguild-artists-creativity-all-level-art-collection---Sept15--Oct-26#entry1206921

And, there is someone that talks about dancing in her OP in level 1s, with PTSD - I thought of you...you are so encouraging...I'll get you her link, if you are ok with helping an level 1? LOL

Oh, and:

mezy5a2e.jpg

I think this fits you! ;-)

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I recommend that show, for sure. 

Okay, I will sign up! Yea! Exciting! I'm going to have to request a gift card for a late birthday present from my Grams so I can do this. Then I just need to find some wall space to put it up. :)

Woot!  That's such a good idea.  I think I'll suggest it to my spouse as well!  She's starting to collect race bibs.  A speedy recovery to your grams!

you are so awesome that you are at 6 pages before the challenge begins!

I have started an accountabilibuddy for artists...not sure if you are interested....just a place to post art...maybe your dance?

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53971-crossguild-artists-creativity-all-level-art-collection---Sept15--Oct-26#entry1206921

And, there is someone that talks about dancing in her OP in level 1s, with PTSD - I thought of you...you are so encouraging...I'll get you her link, if you are ok with helping an level 1? LOL

Oh, and:

mezy5a2e.jpg

I think this fits you! ;-)

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the encouragement.  I don't know how my threads get so long; I swear people come for the gifs!

I'm not doing anything creative this challenge but I'll definitely pop in and check you guys out off and on!

And I think I remember seeing that level 1... I have not gotten around to everyone yet (yay ambassadoring) but I am trying to get greetings out as fast as I can!  I'll keep an eye out. ^_^

I love the image!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Ahoy fellow cut lass! Checking in to say hello and to say that ye goals look awesome! Give're hell this week, ye'll do awesome!!! Subbed.

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Curse you, boards, for posting in the wrong spot!

Here, have a gif:

1403461484_tumblr_mryohfsjnm1qdlh1io1_25

Take it, I shall.

• Like 1

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Totally!  The pull-up triple threat (or, you know, not).  But what does the winner get???

I have an idea!  Since we don't want a prize that goes contrary to our goals, how about a Victory Smoothie!  (Size, cost and contents at the winner's discretion).

And the right to post a celebratory picture with said smoothie.

Totally open to other suggestions...  Ladies?

• Like 1

"I don't guarantee my voice - why would I?  But I promise to tell my story."

-- Johanna Gleason

I have an idea!  Since we don't want a prize that goes contrary to our goals, how about a Victory Smoothie!  (Size, cost and contents at the winner's discretion).

And the right to post a celebratory picture with said smoothie.

Totally open to other suggestions...  Ladies?

Does the winner pay for her own smoothie?  Mayyyyyybe we should have the other two make the winner some sort of certificate/medal (in photoshop or paintshop or whatever) that the winner can pose with also?

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Does the winner pay for her own smoothie?  Mayyyyyybe we should have the other two make the winner some sort of certificate/medal (in photoshop or paintshop or whatever) that the winner can pose with also?

Sounds reasonable!  As for paying for the smoothie- totally up to you gals.

• Like 1

"I don't guarantee my voice - why would I?  But I promise to tell my story."

-- Johanna Gleason

Sounds reasonable!  As for paying for the smoothie- totally up to you gals.

Victory smoothie and certificate, I like! 

Geography probably dictates that we make our own smoothies (mine might be a homemade carrot-apple juice instead, in the unlikely event that I win), but you are on!

Make sure to get that first pull-up on video. ^_^

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

giphy.gif

Day 1

I only have access to a gym 3 days this calendar week, due to a road trip.  Keeping everything going this week will be harder than the rest of the challenge put together - fortunately, I planned it all out in advance!  Today was madness in general with a gas leak (thus, no hot water in the house), last minute shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, packing... I am wiped!   I finally managed to get my pre-challenge photos and measurements done as well, though I feel bloated and terrible. But in the end, all is well because all is going according to my plans~

Today's summary:

• Goal 1: 1/7
    • Did several loads of laundry, which is significant as there are two flights of stairs between the bedroom and the laundry room, and I've been unable to do this chore for awhile.  I had to hand it back over to my wife after 3 loads, but I went up and down 3 times.
    • Did two rounds of ankle stretches, one round of ABCs, and one round of resistance band exercises
    • At the gym, cooled down by walking on the treadmill!  2mph was the best pace I could achieve while keeping my steps even and limp-free
  • Goal 2: 1/3
    • Did leg extensions and hamstring curls as part of my first weights circuit
    • As mentioned above, did some light ankle and calf strengthening work with a resistance band (as recommended by my PT, of course)
  • Goal 3: 1/3
    • Lowered the bar one notch and did 3 sets of 6 reverse bodyweight rows
    • Did 3 sets of 8 lat pull downs a 82.5 pounds.  I think I may try to do 90 later this week.

This week in general should be interesting.  Tomorrow's basically shot as we'll be driving for 11 hours, although we have a walk planned to get to some fancy pizza place for dinner (and I will of course bring my resistance band in the car).  Wednesday-Friday, lots of walking in Vegas, for sure, access to a gym on spa day (Thursday), and pool access all days which... I may use to reacquaint myself with breaststroke and backstroke (curse you, Ryoko, for making me consider that tri sprint next year!), and then another 11 hour drive Saturday (functionally rest day with some walking thrown in somewhere), and back to business as usual Sunday at my regular gym.  I'm going to be a little scarce on the forums until next Monday, though I'll try to keep up!

• Like 10

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

giphy.gif

Day 1

I only have access to a gym 3 days this calendar week, due to a road trip.  Keeping everything going this week will be harder than the rest of the challenge put together - fortunately, I planned it all out in advance!  Today was madness in general with a gas leak (thus, no hot water in the house), last minute shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, packing... I am wiped!   I finally managed to get my pre-challenge photos and measurements done as well, though I feel bloated and terrible. But in the end, all is well because all is going according to my plans~

Today's summary:

• Goal 1: 1/7
    • Did several loads of laundry, which is significant as there are two flights of stairs between the bedroom and the laundry room, and I've been unable to do this chore for awhile.  I had to hand it back over to my wife after 3 loads, but I went up and down 3 times.
    • Did two rounds of ankle stretches, one round of ABCs, and one round of resistance band exercises
    • At the gym, cooled down by walking on the treadmill!  2mph was the best pace I could achieve while keeping my steps even and limp-free
  • Goal 2: 1/3
    • Did leg extensions and hamstring curls as part of my first weights circuit
    • As mentioned above, did some light ankle and calf strengthening work with a resistance band (as recommended by my PT, of course)
  • Goal 3: 1/3
    • Lowered the bar one notch and did 3 sets of 6 reverse bodyweight rows
    • Did 3 sets of 8 lat pull downs a 82.5 pounds.  I think I may try to do 90 later this week.

This week in general should be interesting.  Tomorrow's basically shot as we'll be driving for 11 hours, although we have a walk planned to get to some fancy pizza place for dinner (and I will of course bring my resistance band in the car).  Wednesday-Friday, lots of walking in Vegas, for sure, access to a gym on spa day (Thursday), and pool access all days which... I may use to reacquaint myself with breaststroke and backstroke (curse you, Ryoko, for making me consider that tri sprint next year!), and then another 11 hour drive Saturday (functionally rest day with some walking thrown in somewhere), and back to business as usual Sunday at my regular gym.  I'm going to be a little scarce on the forums until next Monday, though I'll try to keep up!

Good job with planning ahead! I love that you took your resistance bands in the car. That is a fantastic idea.  

I only go about 2mph and I have 2 non-recently broken legs. 

Hope your trip was even more amazing than it sounds!

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Looks like a great first day!! Have fun on your trip!

Thank you!  It's an awesome time so far. ^_^

Hey there, Amazon sister! Found and followed for the challenge :) Best of luck, and a speedy recovery!

Thank you!  Don't be fooled by my quiet demeanor this week - I'll be spamming again soon!

Have fun on your trip, stay safe!  Good for you for planning your workouts in advance, keeping up with that while traveling is super hard but it feels really good to have that constant.

Thank you!  I'm having an awesome time.  I'm getting in a lot of walking (which is hard for me right now) but I won't deny I want to get into a weight room soon and work on my pull-ups!

Vegas, huh.... and me in Georgia

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yup!  Because of camp, right?

Are you usually in Nevada?

Good job with planning ahead! I love that you took your resistance bands in the car. That is a fantastic idea.  

I only go about 2mph and I have 2 non-recently broken legs. 

Hope your trip was even more amazing than it sounds!

It helped to have them!  I need to write up two days worth of stuff but I'm glad I brought them.

I usually walk closer to 3.5mph.... long legs or I'm always in a rush, idk.

It's an awesome trip so far!

My goal. ..GOAL.... is to get up to 3mph! 2.5 IS MY FAST SPEED!

You'll get it back. ..i never had it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You'll get there!!!!

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

0bZxZ.jpg

Day 2

I spent most of yesterday in a car.  UPDATE TIME!

Yesterday's summary:

• Goal 1: 2/7
    • Did ankle exercises before we left, then a few times in the car, again before bed

• Walked around the Strip (as you do) for about two hours total, with a pause for pizza (mmmmm, pizza)

Day 3

I'm sooooooooooo tired.  It's nearly 100 degrees outside, and we've been running (read: hobbling) around all day.  Very soon, we're heading out for dinner (Wicked Spoon!!!!!!) and a show (KA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).  I've got a few moments to update, though, mostly to say: all is going according to plan~

Today's summary:

• Goal 1: 3/7
    • Ankle exercises were done this morning, and I'm stretching it now (as I attempt not to wilt or possible just melt away from exhaustion and heat)

• Probably got in about 4 hours of walking total if I subtract out the times we sat for tea/food/rest.  Needless to say everything hurts, but I'm amazed I've managed this long without slowing my group down.

I was thinking I might go for a swim but... oh god, it's too hot.  Even in the shade and in the pool.  I'm going to cower in this lovely air conditioning until it's time to go out again.  Walking this much is definitely fatiguing my ankle, but also the rest of me as I'm not accustomed to it any longer - plus my stride is uneven, plus did I mention it's like 100 degrees outside?  Basically, I will buffet tonight with no guilt.  One: it's vacation, two: I think I've sweated off even more than I've burned from walking.

Okay, time to go ambassadoring while I have 20 minutes to spare!!!!!  Love you all, will try to update tomorrow!

• Like 11

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines