Amdhiel's Perpetual Quest - Challenge 1

Amdhiel

Ahoy fellow cut lass! Checking in to say hello and to say that ye goals look awesome! Give're hell this week, ye'll do awesome!!! Subbed.

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Plan for week 1:

YAYOG: Monday and Thursday - upper body, Tuesday and Friday - lower body

Food:

• Breakfasts will be either protein shake w/ milk or peaches and cottage cheese
  • Morning: protein shake if needed
  • Afternoon: protein shake or hard boiled eggs
  • Lunch/Dinner: Making 2# of chicken in the crockpot now. Will make chili tomorrow after stopping at the store on my way home (I do not make chili with ground beef >.<). If needed I will cook up more chicken on Wednesday. Will be eating 2-4 servings of veggie with each meal.
  • No more than 2 fancy coffee drinks

Stretching: Aiming for some yoga every day, will roll Tuesday and Friday night and on Sunday

Positive social interactions: Joined 3 accountabilibuddy groups, will cheer on at least one person a day.

Love that you have your week planned out! I really need to start doing this.

• Like 1

Level 1 Newbie

Current Challenge

Love that you have your week planned out! I really need to start doing this.

It's something new I'm trying to make myself more accountable. I REALLY want to set myself up to win and I've learned that plans help with the winning!

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

I love all the measurements you included in your baseline, that makes it so much easier to evaluate progress. Great challenge setup.

Thanks! I find that its hard to measure progress if you don't know where you started. I also know that I'm more likely to loose inches rather than weight because I generally pack on muscle >.< which is why my end goal is body fat rather than weight. The thought of 150-155 is appealing but I don't know if it's realistic, but I KNOW I can get my body fat down :D.

I set up a spreadsheet to track my measurements and do various body fat calculations if you're interested. It's not pretty but it works.

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

HEY! we have similar goals, GO US!!! Im here to cheer you on as you achieve greater flexibility and more strength and stamina. My plan long term is to take my practice to the air and start in aerial acrobatics and silks! 

• Like 2

Siren Assassin

[Level: 2 STR 2 | DEX 4 STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 1 ]

Challenges - [Current] [1]

Challenge Day 1:

Well I'd call today a success. Got my YAYOG workout done this morning and managed a fair bit of walking (steps 9450) considering I didn't get out at lunch.

YAYOG:

Push-ups (incline about 3 inches below hips) - 51 about half had 2 second pause at bottom

Let Me Ins - 48 

Dips - 51 

Body weight rows (Let Me Ups) - 46

Food:

Breakfast: cottage cheese and peaches with coffee

Morning: n/a

Lunch: chicken w/ broccoli

Afternoon: protein shake w/ milk and tea

Dinner: chicken w/ yam

Calories: 1674, Carbs: 127, Protein: 179, Fat: 28

Flexibility: Going to do 20 minutes of yoga before bed

Social: Made multiple posts of encouragement 

• Like 7

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

HEY! we have similar goals, GO US!!! Im here to cheer you on as you achieve greater flexibility and more strength and stamina. My plan long term is to take my practice to the air and start in aerial acrobatics and silks! 

That's great to hear Kenyo, and I'm always happy to meet a fellow assassin! What are you going to be doing to work on your flexibility?

You might want to check in on starsapart. She's planning on starting aerial acrobatics classes in November.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Amdhiel, sounds like you knocked day one out of the park! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

Great start on your challenge.  Well done.  Can't wait to see more.  And I believe we not only share YAYOG but are also aboard the same ship, eh?   Looking forward to bodyweight workouts aboard ship. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Holy crap, Amdhiel! What an impressive first day. Definitely subbing to see how you improve over these next 6 weeks.

(And greetings from a fellow CutLass apprentice!)

• Like 1

Level 2 Mountain Elf

4 STR | 5 DEX | 1 STA | 0 CON | 4 WIS | 2 CHA

Battle Log | Epic Quest

Current Challenge: Ornata Thrives in the Darkness

Past Challenges: 1

Accountabilibuddies: CutLasses | NaNo Nerds

"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

Ahoy there, me fellow CutLass! :)

Those look like some excellent goals for this challenge; I'll be sub'ing and pulling for you, for sure! If I may say so, it's really cool of you to make a goal of reaching out to encourage others. :-D I have a tendency to read read read and not always comment, so I'll be working on that as well!

Good luck to ye, and may the wind be always at your back!

• Like 1

Lv. 0 Wood Elf

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenges: #1: Restore the Balance | Accountabilibuddies: CutLasses

"...the more we know the more fantastic the world becomes 

and the profounder the surrounding darkness." -- Aldous Huxley

First off, thanks for all the kind words and support. It's awesome how knowing I have people rooting for me makes following my goals so much easier! :) :)

Challenge Day 2:
Started the day with an easy bit of yoga and then did my YAYOG workout. Also was able to make it to my PT appointment that I had forgotten about (yay for reminders from my phone). The best part of PT was that my therapist had me show him my squats and lunges and told me that my form was spot on!! He also gave me a resistance band to help work on strengthening my hips more. I better on walking today currently just shy of 11000 steps which makes me happy :). I also had the pleasant surprise of being hungry a few different times today!

YAYOG:
Back Lunges 21 (-4)
RLDL 21 (-4)
Squats 46 (-14)
Swimmers 40 (-3)

My balance wasn't the best this morning causing decreases in the lunges and RLDL. Worked on going deeper and a bit slower in the squats. My sternum doesn't particularly like the swimmers, it's hard to get everything setup right so that I can engage my abs while keeping my ribs down and pelvis tucked >.<.

Food:
Breakfast: cottage cheese and peaches with coffee
Morning: n/a
Lunch: chicken w/ green beans
Afternoon: protein bar and tea
Dinner: chicken w/ yam

Calories: 1687, Carbs: 153, Protein: 165, Fat: 25

Flexibility: 20 minutes of yoga before YAYOG

Social: Made multiple posts of encouragement

Looks like another day of crushing goals!

• Like 6

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines