The Assassins' Den (guild chat)

Hazard

Miles has a plethora of nicknames and titles, mostly owing to the fact that he is, in fact, the king not only of me, but of all who enter the house. And he wants the attention NOW - and acts very doglike. So:

Ser Myles, Overlord, Puppy-cat, Kitty-dog and a number of squeak calls will all bring him running. Or any mention of a fetchie toy.

DSCN2144

Bit dark, but this is what happens any time I want to get something done. Ever.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Last Challenge: NW13 Dials It In

Past Challenges: 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I say embrace the fear- it's ok to be afraid, what matters is what you *do*. Can you be afraid of failing and still follow your plan? Sure you can :-) just gotta keep breathing and putting one foot in front of the other

Thanks! Yeah I figured it would a mental thing, but I think embracing the fear is a good way to look at it. It feels like stepping into a void and hoping there are pillows at the bottom. 

• Like 1

Assassin-in-Training

Intro, Daily Battle Log,

Current Challenge

Twitter

well the way I see it is that avoidance is generally not so helpful...so looking at the fear is kind of like saying "well, I can see there's a pillow there, there and there, but there's a few patches that might be a bit rough, so maybe I need to prepare for those a bit better" rather than blindly stepping off :) of course, that means looking into the void, which isn't always easy, but not a lot that is important is easy right?

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63003-aella-travels-to-bree/

Level 3 | STR 8 | STA 1 | DEX 7 | CON 5 | 

Hub's grandma calls her cat "Kitty" or "Cat"

That is perfectly okay as long as the other cat is named Levin.

tumblr_mz95kyjI451rxh1nfo1_400.jpg

Our oldest cat Moby(like the musician), the neighbor girls call him "beautiful princess kitty" while trying to give him a flower crown.

Don't discriminate, he just wants to be pretty sometimes, not just handsome. Or the children are just seeing the world in the way that is most convenient for them. If he gets extra attention or treat, who is he to mind? 

My dog went to the vet today. He was whining because he was that excited. Probably his favorite place to go. He and I watched a dog get dragged in and I could not help but laugh as the dog beside me would have gladly swapped places.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Hey All, I'm just stopping in to say hi. I'm a n00b just working on fixing myself and getting back on the healthy life bandwagon. My goal is to become the BAMFest version of myself as possible by doing assassiny things. I'm starting small with the YAYOG pvp (yes this is my idea of small) and working to improve my flexibility fail (mah hamstrings hate me). Eventually I'd like to be able to do awesome things with my own bodyweight that I never thought possible.

I haven't thought of a spirit animal yet but my avatar is my whee familiar post-31785-0-97797100-1410581509_thumb.j

who's name is Tama or Dork depending on my mood.

Cheers!

• Like 5

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Not so good Form:

Here ya go.   It's a link to me doing push ups when I juuuust started.   I could crank out a fair number but --- like I said elbows sticking out the wrong way and I wasn't really going far enough down.   

Better Form:

And this is a link to me doing push ups with slightly better form.  (Elbows pointing back now instead of straight out, and getting lower)

That first one is exactly how I did pushups before I read Steve's article on them.

Elbow direction looks about the same to me, honestly.   Much deeper range of motion though.

I wonder if that's an artifact of being on bars? I don't know enough about pushups to be sure.

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

Don't discriminate, he just wants to be pretty sometimes, not just handsome. Or the children are just seeing the world in the way that is most convenient for them. If he gets extra attention or treat, who is he to mind? 

All he wants is food, sleep and cuddles. He lets the children pet him in exchange for food, I literally heard the kids say "you can't have milk without your flower crown, most beautiful princess".

I'm pretty jealous of his life actually.

• Like 2

Base Character: Medusa

Class / Profession: Assasin

Level: 4
STR 1 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 2.5 | CHA 8

Current challenge         fitocracy       tumblr

Fat/Weight lost

38%
38%

Coming back after a break, I'm stoked to see how well I progress through this challenge. 

However I'm super nervous about failing again, so any advice on how to shake off the nerves and not be so afraid? 

I'm quoting this from another post, but I read it yesterday and it was brilliant.

starting over doesn't mean you failed - it just means you have another play through.

The first few levels will be familiar, so you can breeze through them relatively fast. Of course, sometimes you forget about that one monster that pops out and throws you off, but soon enough you'll bypass it like you have in the past with no issue.

Pressing Restart isn't failure. It's just a New Game.  :)

- quoted from Admin Chammy

Don't be afraid of failure you should be afraid of never trying. We all fail and sometimes epic failure, but you learn something new from every failure. The more you learn the more you know and the better version of yourself you become.

So GO FOR IT! and we will be here for support :)

• Like 5

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I say embrace the fear- it's ok to be afraid, what matters is what you *do*. Can you be afraid of failing and still follow your plan? Sure you can :-) just gotta keep breathing and putting one foot in front of the other

Thanks! Yeah I figured it would a mental thing, but I think embracing the fear is a good way to look at it. It feels like stepping into a void and hoping there are pillows at the bottom. 

When I was doing weight watchers, my meeting leader once said yes, and I REALLY liked it so it's stuck with me every since.   

"There is no failure, only feedback."

You gotta run with it a bit in the 'spirit of the law' kind of way, but it's true!     When something doesn't work, saying, "Now I have feedback on that..." is a lot better mentally than saying, "I failed."

I always like to say myself too, that the only real failure, is when you stop trying.  

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

When I was doing weight watchers, my meeting leader once said yes, and I REALLY liked it so it's stuck with me every since.   

"There is no failure, only feedback."

I'm no wordsmith, the closest i ever got to enunciating that view was with a quote I then had etched into a wooden block with fire and hung over my TV.

It goes as follows: I win if I get up just one more time than life knocks me down.

So if life's knocked you down, I sympathise, I truly do. But all you need to go is get back up and get back to it just one more time. :)

- Sir Francis Bacon

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

5.jpg

That image was a lot bigger than I thought it was :P but I thought that was some good barbarian life inspiration :) From here: http://www.wealdcomics.com/?comic=by-crom-5

• Like 4

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

well the way I see it is that avoidance is generally not so helpful...so looking at the fear is kind of like saying "well, I can see there's a pillow there, there and there, but there's a few patches that might be a bit rough, so maybe I need to prepare for those a bit better" rather than blindly stepping off :) of course, that means looking into the void, which isn't always easy, but not a lot that is important is easy right?

Very true. I like that metaphor better. Knowing there are pillows there but preparing yourself in case you don't land on them. Yes the important stuff is never easy. Which sucks a lot, but hey, no pain no gain.

I'm quoting this from another post, but I read it yesterday and it was brilliant.

- quoted from Admin Chammy

Don't be afraid of failure you should be afraid of never trying. We all fail and sometimes epic failure, but you learn something new from every failure. The more you learn the more you know and the better version of yourself you become.

So GO FOR IT! and we will be here for support :)

Haha thanks for the encouragement. God knows I'm gonna need it for this challenge. However, I'm pretty stoked for this challenge :D it's gonna be epic.

Assassin-in-Training

Intro, Daily Battle Log,

Current Challenge

Twitter

I'm having technical difficulties...I keep trying to embed the images but I get an error saying that image extension is not allowed, no matter what pics I use. :( So here's links.

Ok so technically I'm this:

Katydid (they come in lots of neat shapes and colors! You should Google them.)

http://www.rowanpix.com/inverts/i-images/k-Trachyzulpha.jpg

But most of the time I feel more like this:

Teacup kitten

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdAlax30bewxG4QeHRNN9iWLmVua31fUb3kbPNVNRYwYa1BTa2cw

I was going to also add this video of a parrot singing "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor", but I don't know how. :(

• Like 1

Level 3, Halfling Assassin

STR: 6 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 8 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3

Current challenge | Battle log (not in use) | Epic Quest

Previous challenges: 1 2 2.1

I'm having technical difficulties...I keep trying to embed the images but I get an error saying that image extension is not allowed, no matter what pics I use. :( So here's links.

Ok so technically I'm this:

Katydid (they come in lots of neat shapes and colors! You should Google them.)

http://www.rowanpix.com/inverts/i-images/k-Trachyzulpha.jpg

But most of the time I feel more like this:

Teacup kitten

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdAlax30bewxG4QeHRNN9iWLmVua31fUb3kbPNVNRYwYa1BTa2cw

I was going to also add this video of a parrot singing "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor", but I don't know how. :(

The last one I can do.... Use the media option from the special BBC Code box.... I love this vid... I wish Tama could mimic like this

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Since I do like my turtles

- Sir Francis Bacon

Hey Assassins!! Aspiring Assassin/Druid Hybrid here! I'm starting my second attempt at a challenge, this time I'm gonna finish!! I am currently gonna be doing gym workouts and yoga classes, but my mission is to eventually move up into silks and aerial swings. I would love for you guys to check out my challenge and hold me accountable, I could really use the support. I think you guys are awesome!

• Like 5

Siren Assassin

[Level: 2 STR 2 | DEX 4 STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 1 ]

Challenges - [Current] [1]

any assassin artists? did you put an art goal in your challenge?

please joins us at http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53971-crossguild-artists-creativity-all-level-art-collection---Sept15--Oct-26#entry1206921

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I dont have a creative focused goal this time around, but I do a bit of calligraphy...would it be ok to post stuff there anyway??

Hey Assassins!! Aspiring Assassin/Druid Hybrid here! I'm starting my second attempt at a challenge, this time I'm gonna finish!! I am currently gonna be doing gym workouts and yoga classes, but my mission is to eventually move up into silks and aerial swings. I would love for you guys to check out my challenge and hold me accountable, I could really use the support. I think you guys are awesome!

awesome_to_the_max.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63003-aella-travels-to-bree/

Level 3 | STR 8 | STA 1 | DEX 7 | CON 5 | 

Hi guys. Kitsu here. With my username there is only one spirit animal I could possibly have. 

PnTtedb.gif

The majestic fox....eiFlQ4E.gif

On a more serious note I've struggling to figure out my challenge specifics if anyone has time to lend a hand I'll be ecstatic.  

• Like 4

RACE: Half Elf

ATTRIBUTES: STR 1.6 STA 1.55 DEX .8 CON 1 WIS 1.6 CHA .5

CLASS: Assassin

LOG:Kitsu' Log
CHALLENGE

QUOTE: 

“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.†
― Arthur C. Clarke

“Mocking a woman is like drinking too much wine. It may be fun for a short time, but the hangover is hell.†
― Brandon Sanderson