• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bgvanbur

bgvanbur calmly scouts

Got in my 30k.  My arms weren't sore this time around (could be the last 30k or the running with weights, I wasn't very scientific about it).  Walking sideways the next day I could feel some soreness so I will work on sideways movements this week.

No workouts Tuesday or Sunday which made my regular exercise not meet the goal for the week.

Ate a lot (birthday and parties and such).  6146 calories over maintenance, and maybe an estimated 3500 calories exercise so too many calories over.

Week Three Progress
1) One long run each week.

Another 30K run!  A+
2) 3.5 hours of exercise each week not including long run.

3:05 not including long run!  B
3) Log all food (MyFitnessPal)

Logged.  A+
4) Don't sweat the small stuff

I think I did great!  A
5) Play outside with the boys

Busy and such, bonfire got canceled due to wind/rain  F

Week Four Plan

Focus on diet since was bad over the weekend.

Already got in 3:15 exercise this week so only 15 more minutes for the goal.  I had to take a friend to twice this week an hour earlier than I normally wake up so I go an extra half hour on the morning workouts those day, and my group run was last night instead of Thursday.

This morning's run was great with the lunar eclipse.

That's a great idea, was it fun watching it while you were running?

Lots of fun.  Around a 50 minute run while the moon went from 2/3 eclipsed to nearly fully eclipsed and red.

Did my morning run this morning so 3:50 for the week completing one of my goals for the week.  Not sure when or if I will get in a long run this weekend though, so good to at least have a high mileage week.

4380 calories over maintenance last week, so not the greatest.  I got lots of medium runs in last week but no long run.  Wanted to do another bonfire but my wife promised the kids ToysRUs so that wanted to do that instead :(

I volunteered for a 5 mile trail race in the dark.  It was a lot of fun seeing the runners come through and to help out.

Week Four Progress

No long run... F

5:35!  A+

Logged.  A

I think I did great!  A

Just a little, D

Week Five Plan

Planned on a 40k this week but my wife told me it is probably not going to happen :(  At least getting in lots on medium runs (already at 2:35 for the week).

And as always focus on diet.  I know I stress eat, but I think I also binge when I see my weight go down (not sure if self-sabotage, know I can just go back up some, or really is due to body hunger response).

I biked Wednesday morning so I got 3:30 exercise already this week (goal #2 accomplished for the week).

Yesterday, I ran/walk 2.25 miles with the dog, then a solo 40k (on the course I will be running 50k on in two weeks), then 4 miles group run for a total of 50k for the day.  I ran the 40k in 4:44, and considering I ran the same 40k training run last year in 6:03 I shaved off 1:19 in a year.  I also did some recovering walking in the last 5k of the 40k so I could more likely be good for the group run last night, I probably could have shaved another 10 minutes if I did not do that.  Today, I am doing fine with only very mild soreness.  Since I am so impressed with yesterday's long run, I get an A+ for goal #1 for the challenge!  Still will get a medium run next weekend but not too long since kind of starting the taper.

I am 1587 over my maintenance calories for the week (but way under when you subtract the exercise calories used).  And I have been primal since Tuesday morning.

Quite calm lately.

No playing outside with the kids so need to get out there with them this weekend.

Weekend had son's birthday and party, so I ate more than I wanted but still was negative due to running a total of 50k on Thursday.  Got in muddy bike run on Sunday, and a trail run of randomness this morning.

Week Five Progress

40k long run, 50k total for that day, A+ for challenge!

4:40!  A+

Logged.  A

I think I did great!  A

One trip to the playground and some quick outings for the baby, C

So I worked out Mon-Wed.  Thursday was a business trip.  Friday was a no workout morning day since I didn't get back till after midnight and still had to get kids up at 6:45.  Now my wife is traveling with the baby to see her grandmother who had a stroke (Friday to Tuesday plan).  So I didn't work out this morning, but I did things around the house all day.  I finally cleaned our bedroom (which hasn't been this clean in probably a year), painted the laundry room (always pushed off, we keep having problems with the washer and dryer so we ordered a new set that will be delivered Oct 31, so great time to get it ready for the new set), an hour of raking, leave relocation and mowing (about 1/3 the lawn done, plan to do the rest tomorrow).

Diet has been great and right at maintenance every day (except business trip Thursday where I ate out twice, but still made good choices) and the scale is showing some fun numbers and my abs are peaking through :)  Today I didn't even eat until 7pm so just ate one medium meal.  Saving room for the ribs I have marinating for tomorrow :)

I had a few non-calm points one day that usually would have been worse, but overall I feel calmer.

I have played outside some with the boys, and they played outside the entire time I was out doing yardwork (they even came out on their own).

You went to serious badassery on that log. Dang!

I like the grin peeking through.

Thanks, felt badass to cut through that thing!

We had a huge branch that came down, and even after cutting all the easy parts off with a miter saw I couldn't move the trunk of the branch.  So I axed that it in half and it took 70 minutes (great workout, shoulders had days of DOMS).  A few days later my father in law chainsawed half of it into smaller pieces, the other half we are leaving for the kids to play on (balance beam, americn ninja warrior obstacle).  And today I split those smaller pieces into good campfire sizes.  The boys and I used two big pieces and few smaller pieces in a bonfire tonight (they had a dinner of hot dogs and marshmellows over the fire).

• Like 1

Definitely ready for the 50k.  Though the forecast mentioned it might be a high of 38 with a chance of snow, I don't mind the cold but the wet I am not too thrilled about.

Last week went well.  Today I even hit my first set of 5 strict pull ups (I was stuck as 2-3, but last week or two I have been doing a few sets a day on average).  Looking forward to a pull up goal next challenge.

Week Six Progress

No long run, but already got an A+ for challenge due to previous long run work.

1:55, + 5 hours manual yard work, so will count as A

Logged.  A

I think I did great!  A

Played outside and even finally got in a bonfire! A

Challenge Report

Got in several long runs including a 50k day and two 30k days.

A, +5 STA

All As except a B week, averaged 3.9 hours of strict exercise (not including yard work and such).

A, +2 STR +2 DEX

Logged.

A, +2 CON

Went very well and got better as the challenge progressed.  Almost an A.

B, +1.5 WIS

Didn't go as well as planned.

D, +0.5 CHA

Stats
LVL: 18, STR: 20, DEX: 23.5, STA: 42.25, CON: 15, WIS: 14.75, CHA: 8.75

I am very pleased with the results this time around.  I know last year when the kids went back to school I basically stopped running since I didn't wake up earlier to get in runs and had trouble getting in weekend runs and was concerned about doing the 50k.  This year I actually increased my running once the kids went back to school since I consistently woke up earlier to get in a simple easy run.  Last year I was at the same leaness in September, but added 10 pounds on before the 50k due to a lack of diet focus.

50k.

Last year's motto was do or do not, there is no try.

This year's motto I think will be have fun.

• Like 1