PvP - FOODZ! (ongoing)

I'm loving seeing everyone's great achievements, and goals for the future whether it's for the 6 week challenge or a long term life goal that you've been steadily working on already.

Last challenge I decided to cut back on caffeine and it was a lot easier than I thought (aside from a few hangover days where my mug was never empty). That being said, this challenge I'm cutting back on alcohol! This is going to be a once a week treat for me, my friends and family are all very social and love getting together for beers at the large variety of pubs downtown or just having a glass of wine while watching a movie.

I am allowing myself one day with alcohol a week. That means that if I choose to have some red with my dinner, then I should probably be the DD on the weekend, OR if a good friends birthday is coming up, I will save my day for the party and avoid the mid week white.

Since another goal of mine for this 6 week challenge is accomplishing 20 pushups in a row, punishment will be 10 pushups for every drink consumed after the one day that allow myself to have a drink, plus a walk around the block. I know that a walk around the block doesn't seem all that intimidating, but winter gets pretty darn cold and snowy in Northern Ontario so a good cold wind will definitely make me think twice before exceeding my set limits.

Also my rule will be that the punishment has to be completed within 24hrs of breaking my rule.

I'm looking forward to greater will power / not needing will power to pig out on hang over foods, keep my caffeine levels down and for the days that I do slip up, it will push me to work harder towards my other goals.

I look forward to seeing everyone's progress and I also look forward to having people who understand the battle with will power to share the tough times with.

So I just completed 100 days soda free and now don't crave it. I feel like I can treat myself every now and then and it's ok, but I haven't even wanted to. Even right now, I've fallen off the wagon when it comes to food but I haven't gone back to sodas which I usually do at the same time.

My goal for myself is 100 days free of crisps and sweets (except for the few I have left right now, I can't waste things). Hopefully by then I will have the cravings out of my system. I'll allow one exception on Christmas day. It will be very difficult to try and save any remaining sweets until the 100 days is over. If I fail I'll keep going till I reach 100. I can't think of a discipline right now. Maybe 3 minutes worth of planks, because I hate planks when I'm not in the mood for planks.

december makes 2 years that I gave up soda :) it was hard at first... 

I like the idea of planks for discipline :)

Hey, this is a really cool way to make sure you stay on track! I've been gluten free off and on for a while and its difficult at first, but gets easier as you get in the habit of eating that way. Anyway, my rules would be just to follow what I have on my 6 week challenge (week 1&2-cut out sugary drinks, weeks 3&4- cut out fast food, weeks 5&6-eat more fruits and veggies) and then my punishment would be 10 squat jumps. Good Luck to everyone with their goals! 

those are awesome goals :) 

and good discipline :) (I like thinking of it as discipline rather than punishment just because discipline is a teaching word and punishment is an anger word and we are trying to teach better habits :) )

I'm loving seeing everyone's great achievements, and goals for the future whether it's for the 6 week challenge or a long term life goal that you've been steadily working on already.

Last challenge I decided to cut back on caffeine and it was a lot easier than I thought (aside from a few hangover days where my mug was never empty). That being said, this challenge I'm cutting back on alcohol! This is going to be a once a week treat for me, my friends and family are all very social and love getting together for beers at the large variety of pubs downtown or just having a glass of wine while watching a movie.

I am allowing myself one day with alcohol a week. That means that if I choose to have some red with my dinner, then I should probably be the DD on the weekend, OR if a good friends birthday is coming up, I will save my day for the party and avoid the mid week white.

Since another goal of mine for this 6 week challenge is accomplishing 20 pushups in a row, punishment will be 10 pushups for every drink consumed after the one day that allow myself to have a drink, plus a walk around the block. I know that a walk around the block doesn't seem all that intimidating, but winter gets pretty darn cold and snowy in Northern Ontario so a good cold wind will definitely make me think twice before exceeding my set limits.

Also my rule will be that the punishment has to be completed within 24hrs of breaking my rule.

I'm looking forward to greater will power / not needing will power to pig out on hang over foods, keep my caffeine levels down and for the days that I do slip up, it will push me to work harder towards my other goals.

I look forward to seeing everyone's progress and I also look forward to having people who understand the battle with will power to share the tough times with.

that's cool... so your discipline will be for drinking more than once a week??

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yup discipline will be for drinking more than once a week. I will be able to do either a glass or two of red on a Wednesday as a treat, or head downtown for some craft beers on a Friday after a long week, but definitely not both!! as soon as I have one beverage, all remaining days in the week are off limits. This past weekend was a lot with two birthdays and a formal dinner, the weekend before my family was in town and it was Halloween, it's become more exhausting than anything! So time to bounce back!

Yup discipline will be for drinking more than once a week. I will be able to do either a glass or two of red on a Wednesday as a treat, or head downtown for some craft beers on a Friday after a long week, but definitely not both!! as soon as I have one beverage, all remaining days in the week are off limits. This past weekend was a lot with two birthdays and a formal dinner, the weekend before my family was in town and it was Halloween, it's become more exhausting than anything! So time to bounce back!

do you start your "week" on sun or mon?

(I only ask so that you know if you drink both sat and sun if that counts as separate weeks) 

:) :)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Since the 6 week challenge started on a Monday, I'll start my week on a Monday. This way the whole weekend is included in one week and it'll help me crack down on this goal a little more :)

Good thought. ... one of the things about smart goals is having them clearly defined :)

Spoiler

Well yesterday I did pretty well, except for a small thing of hot cocoa. Looks like some squat jumps are in my future! So far today I haven't had any sugary drinks so that's good. 

Level 0 Halfling

Str: 0  Dex: 0  Sta: 0  Con: 0  Wis: 0  Cha: 0

"I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet. " ~Jack London

Well yesterday I did pretty well, except for a small thing of hot cocoa. Looks like some squat jumps are in my future! So far today I haven't had any sugary drinks so that's good. 

well GET R DONE!!!

:) 

I think for your first day ONE exception isn't terrible :)

Spoiler

so far this week i have only had to do 20 squat jumps. I had a hot cocoa on monday and a dutch this afternoon (oops) the weekend and next week will be better!

Level 0 Halfling

Str: 0  Dex: 0  Sta: 0  Con: 0  Wis: 0  Cha: 0

"I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet. " ~Jack London

so far this week i have only had to do 20 squat jumps. I had a hot cocoa on monday and a dutch this afternoon (oops) the weekend and next week will be better!

that's good :) only 2 slip ups :)

and HUZZAH this week will be awesome!!

So... thing's didn't go well for me this week. Since I kinda had a rough week, binging was my best friend. Which is great for the doggies (donations went up 30%) but not so good for my ongoing challenge... :(

sorry to hear about that... 

I was away for the weekend... and I didn't see (I am just catching up on the boards tonight at work) did you talk about it in your thread? do you wanna talk about it? how can we help you keep from getting overwhelmed this week>??

And btw... the push ups almost killed me. It took 20 minutes to do them and my arms were nothing but pudding afterwards... so, pretty good choice for a punishment, isn't it? ;)

hey... that's not a bad discipline then :D

maybe try breaking them up and doing ten then waiting a while then doing ten might help with the pudding feeling... 

Spoiler

So I had a slip up of a sort. Had only one beer on Thursday with a girlfried (I had forgotten about the goal and then as soon as I cracked the can I remembered and was like .... "well I guess this is my one free day") and then I ended up having one drink with my dad on Friday. Saturday I got up and did 15 pushups (5 more to reaching my goal of 20!) and then walked out to the field to help him and my sister put hay out for the cows and horses (which I'm counting as my walk around the block because it was cold and walking and labour were included).

My lovely Opa (grandpa) also gifted me 4 bottles of his home made red....... they tell me they are suffocating in their cupboard under the microwave, but this is a new week so maybe I'll let one of them out to play on Friday :)

my mom is Oma ;) 

one slip isn't too bad... and you paid your discipline.... hopefully this week you can play with your present from your grandpa!!

Spoiler

Checking in. 

This last week was pretty abysmal. I drank soda every day. Not a good way to go. So far this week I'm doing better only having had one so far. As far as my push ups go I have now racked up 110 of them. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I am going to be knocking out about 30 of the push up tonight and then thirty or more tomorrow and so on until they are done or at least until I have to add more. 

ANDY MCRANDY

Race: Fire Dwarf       Class: Adventurer           Level: 0

Attributes:   STR: 0       DEX: 0      STA: 0      CON: 0       WIS: 0       CHA: 0

Weight Loss Goal: 110 lbs

0%
0%

Where I'm at:

First Challenge, PVP_FOODZ!, RPG_Fanatics

sounds like a plan... 

would it be helpful if you could have feedback when you are wanting soda? you could always post here about your frustrations and whatnot and we can try to help you keep from racking up more push ups??

Spoiler

sounds like a plan... 

would it be helpful if you could have feedback when you are wanting soda? you could always post here about your frustrations and whatnot and we can try to help you keep from racking up more push ups??

Yeah. That would likely be helpful. I think i'll try that the next time I want to pick one up.

ANDY MCRANDY

Race: Fire Dwarf       Class: Adventurer           Level: 0

Attributes:   STR: 0       DEX: 0      STA: 0      CON: 0       WIS: 0       CHA: 0

Weight Loss Goal: 110 lbs

0%
0%

Where I'm at:

First Challenge, PVP_FOODZ!, RPG_Fanatics

you could always message me :) I work nights and sleep most days... but if I wake up to go pee I check my phone and I always reply :D

Spoiler

Hey, sorry for the late answer.

I actually like the part where my arms hurt like hell. It's more convincing as a punishment that way. ;)

my son says the same thing... I don't get it ;)

so it's sunday week three!!!

how are things going?? did everyone have a great weekend??

Spoiler

So I technically had only the one slip up on week 1 for this challenge so far. This week I stuck to my one day rule, but I'll be honest that one day got mildly....... well lets just say it was only one day but it made me feel like I still broke my rule. But I have to admit, home made wine is awesome! Props to my Opa. But lesson learned (the hard way), keep things under control, and only bring enough to the party for a few.

Not a bad challenge for me so far, I feel like this one is teaching me a lot about myself, my habits, personality, friends, hobbies, willpower, etc.

Not a bad challenge for me so far, I feel like this one is teaching me a lot about myself, my habits, personality, friends, hobbies, willpower, etc.

so now you know stuff about you ;)

The-Battle.png

• Like 1

Spoiler

Oh guys

I way overdid at thanksgiving

I won't even tell you how much pie I made/ate

I'll pay my dues tonight at work

How did you guys do?

Spoiler

Broken Rules:

1. I'm going for no binge eating sessions.  X3
  2. I'm going for sticking to my prepacked lunches (no fast food lunches during the work week)  X4
  3. And I'm going for home cooked dinners 5 out of the 7 nights a week, which is a marked improvement for our family.  X4

My consequences:

1. $10 per infraction, (total of 11) , to the Arizona Humane Society.
  2. I did not do any extra excersizes.  I was at the hospital with my son, and I failed to even remember this part.  I really screwed up.
  3. I called my therapist nearly every day, or emailed her, or texted her.  She didn't charge me.

During the time when my son was in the hospital, I binge ate, ate at the cafeteria for several meals, and failed in every way at my challenge.  I have to make my donation to AHS next week, after I am paid.

A year from now, you may wish you had started today.

hugs girl.... 

respawn :)

Spoiler