Darwin Endures

Stronkey Kong

That i think may be part of it at least, the calories. I may go back to maintenance levels and just crush gym time like a mother fucker again and if that gets me back on track.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Got another workout in.

Highlights:

I pulled 315# for three reps on DL and ran 3k in 23:00 min.

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Awesome!  :D

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Week one summary.

Goal 1: workout 3x per week. I got two in so at least I'm on track to not fail

Goal 2: running: during my second workout, I ran 3k in 23:00, or just under two miles at 4.8 mph. I can do better and intend to. New short term goal, complete a 3 mile run at 5 mph this week.

Goal 3: fix sleep issues. I've been using the sleep cycle app and it helps me with waking up at optimal times. And i can track sleep quality data.

Now here's the bad news...

Screenshot_2014-09-22-21-11-06_zpsxwxdsw

Workouts are the biggest hindrance to my sleep quality.

What should I do?

Life goal: life back on track. Last week was very productive. I managed to really get a foothold on my research and am making headway in processing the gigabytes of data that the software I've been writing for two years is generating. My advisor and i had an exciting meeting and discussion about my current and forthcoming results...

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Tough call man.  I assume that relates to your evening workout?  I know mornings are less optimal.  Any chance of squeezing in lunch time workouts?  Or maybe save your workouts for the weekends when you don't have to be up by a certain time?

The timing of my workout actually doesn't matter that much. I had the same result the last time I calibrated the data. Keto had a negative effect as well.

The good news is eating carbs and eating late help me sleep, so I might just have a bed time snack.

I'm also upping my total calories. I've been too low for too long. I'm gonna get back on the recomp wagon and slowly lose bodyfat. And I'm probably gonna skip breakfast more often, and eat everything later in the day, kinda IF'ing it.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Its funny though, coffee, usually 3-6 cups a day, has no effect.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

I still have 3 days to go on sleep quality calibration. I'm looking forward to comparing notes.

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

I still have 3 days to go on sleep quality calibration. I'm looking forward to comparing notes.

What variables are you tracking?

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

I really wish I had any insight on these sleep issues you are experiencing. I'm hoping the diet adjustment helps.

Hard to tell ya to crush when sleep is getting in the way.

What variables are you tracking?

Caffeine intake in various forms, working out, eating late, and if I gamed right before bed.

• Like 2

Whatever happens between now and Wednesday, will not count toward my challenge grade.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Whatever happens between now and Wednesday, will not count toward my challenge grade.

Can't tell if fun times or not fun times are ahead.

I'm broke and can only meet bare minimum protein requirements... 70-80g /day. Wednesday is when I get paid... mostly in egg form. But no bacon :(

So basically, I don't want to workout hard until I can afford 190g Protein a day.

I hate being a grad student.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

tumblr_mdcbi9ZuIt1rjd8x5o1_400.gif

• Like 2

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I'm gonna try IF lean gains style.

I just did some macro calculations...

Rest / training day

2619 / 3929 calories

215 / 215 g Pro

110 / 576 g CHO

147 / 55 g Fat

I calculated these for maintenace/recomp at my goal weight: 215# @ 12% body fat.

If everyday, I eat:

1 lb. Chicken breast

1 lb. Vegetables

1 box of kashi go lean cereal with

3.5 c of vitamin D milk

And this should cost less than $10 a day at my grocery store.

My macros work out to be:

2379 cals

230 g PRO

53 g FAT

313 g CHO

which is perfect for me/my goals on rest days on the IF plan, and even under on cals/fat so.I.have plenty of wiggle room to play with chicken recipes. On training days I just need to add some corn syrup to my cereal, or just eat more stupid sugary cereal, potatoes, rice, or whatever.

Still debating about another go on a 3x5 plan, our maybe just do 5/3/1 but a more intense plan...

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

I know nothing of nutrition so that sounds great (?). But do you remember if you respond better to volume? What would your more intense 5/3/1 look like?

I had been loosely sticking to the body weight assistance work.

I might go BBB...

More barbell work and I'll probably keep doing the body weight work, and run twice a week.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weekly (?) Update: Bear in mind I'm currently on a brief hiatus.

Goal 1: Gym 3x per week -- last week, is off the record due to financial issues. I haven't been able to afford the protein I need, so I'm not taking on workouts I can't recover from properly.

To fix this, well... I get paid on Wednesday, and I've already outlined an eating plan that fits my budget (see above) from there I hope to get back to working out on Wednesday evening. I AM GOING TO WORK OUT WED, FRI, and SAT or SUN... PERIOD.

At least the next two workouts will be just to prime the system before going on another cycle of 5/3/1 or a 3x5 linear progression... I'll make up my mind by this weekend. I want to see how the new nutrition plan affects workouts.

Goal 2: Running -- This goes hand in hand with working out.

To fix it, I'll include running twice a week in my workout plan, 2 miles each time. And just do it.

Goal 3: Sleep -- I'm tracking with the sleep cycle app. Workouts, regardless of day time, and having too much coffee, too late in the day are the two main things that mess up my sleep. Eating carbs and eating later both seem to help my sleep. I'm also finding that my "natural" bedtime is 12 am and I usually have little trouble waking at 8 am... so that's pretty good.

Fixes: the new IF plan should help me out here, since I'll be cramming more carbs in my face closer to bed time.

Life Goal: Life back on track... I'm getting there. Figuring out where to put my efforts for sleeping, working out, and eating, and getting the rest I need will help a lot toward increasing my work productivity. The last two weeks have gone well. I'm actually showing up to work reasonably early, and filling out a day and getting things done. Also, with the IF plan, I'll be skipping breakfast which means less time spent preparing, eating, and cleaning up in the morning. All I have to do is get up shower, dress, and go. And yes, the new meal plan helps my budget. Its getting planned out nicely. I might actually have a few extra bucks at the end of this month. This take a lot of thought and stress off my mind.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Sounds like you've got it Darwin!  :)

I know how having a one-man can relieve so much stress. It's mentally clearing to know what you're going to do and just be able to follow it out. Plus, great for helping you know what's working and what's not. 

Hope Tuesday treats you awesome!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

$$$$$$$$$

Payday is coming!

Can't wait till tomorrow. I've been eating the same biscuits and eggs for the past 5 days now (which honestly hasn't been bad at all taste wise).

But I'm excited to be able to get something more substantial at the grocery store. I'm gonna get back on the whey protein too.

So for the next month it'll be Chicken, salads, and whole boxes of cereal with flavored whey protein.

And I can get back to beast mode and lift big. I'm gonna do so many squats and deadlifts.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

I hope I can sleep tonight!

$$$$$$$$

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Get that money! Get that protein! Glad to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines