ElfiKay joins the Assassins!

ElfiKay

Introduction

Hello, I'm ElfiKay! This will be my second challenge, and I'm very excited about it! [You can see my first challenge here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51982-elfikay-embarks-on-her-first-quest/ ] I've lost 10 pounds since jumping in here, and have gotten up to full 30 minute runs! Now it's time to start developing the attributes every good Ninja needs: dexterity, strength, and stamina.

Main Quest

Increase my Ninja attributes [dexterity, strength, and stamina]

Goals

1. Stamina/Dexterity: Run 3 days a week, and follow the stride workout for speed listed below.

Strides - at the end of a regular run, accelerate for 15-20 seconds, then slow down to a jog. Rest by jogging or walking for 1 minute, then repeat for a total of 4-6 times.

Week 1: 4 strides once

Week 2: 4 strides twice

Week 3: 5 strides once

Week 4: 5 strides twice

Week 5: 6 strides once

Week 6: 6 strides twice

2. Strength: Workout 3 days a week - pilates class twice a week, and Convict Conditioning for the third workout. This will mean slow progress through CC, but slow progress is better than no progress and pilates will ensure that my body is still progressing.

3. Dexterity: Stretch before every run and workout, and spend a minimum of 30 minutes on my rest day doing more intensive stretching.

Life Quest

So last challenge I said I was going to finish my Ivysaur cross-stitch and start on Venusaur... which didn't happen. It turned out to be a bit of a struggle to just get a small amount of work done on Ivysaur. So, this time, I'm going to focus on just regularly progressing my cross-stitch. So, Life Quest: noticeable progress on current cross-stitch project every week. Hopefully this will help me turn cross-stitching back into a habit, rather than a single project I'm desperately trying to finish.

Here is what Ivysaur looks like right now:

Ivysaur Progress2

Measurements

Height: 5'9" [not expecting that one to change, but it's a measurement, so there it is]

Weight: 165

Waist: 28.5

Hips: 41.5

Grading

Each goal will be graded weekly & be worth 1/3 of that week's total grade. My final grade will be the average of all six weeks + 5 points extra credit if I complete my Life Goal. I need to make at least a C (70%) to pass the challenge.

Running - percentage of completed runs and strides.

Strength - percentage of completed workouts.

Stretching - 1 point for stretching before each workout, 4 points for my big stretch on Sunday.

EXCEPTIONS FOR GRADING: Any workouts and their accompanying stretch scheduled for days that I am sick or injured are excused. HANGOVERS DON'T COUNT. If I have an interview, or a career fair during a pilates class, it may be replaced by either CC or the abdominal 5 that evening. The same applies to fall break.

I will post my weekly grade every Sunday evening before bed, along with a progress picture of my cross-stitch.

Motivation

I've decided that I want to be competitive for the Highland Games track events! I get really shy in front of people (don't ask how I managed to perform on stage for dance, I really don't know past a theory about not actually being able to see the audience thanks to all the bright lights) so I don't know if I'd have the nerve to actually enter, or if I'd even qualify to enter since I'm just a casual runner, not a super-serious athlete. But it's the dream I've got right now, and I'd at least like to BE ABLE to match times with the runners, even if I'm too chicken to go do it in front of spectators. However, this means I really need to get speedy - this year's winner in the women's 1-mile race had a time of 6:05!! So, if I want to be competitive, I have got some serious work ahead of me. Of course, this work will have to take place over a long, long road to successfully train up without injury (I only started running regularly again two months ago), but I think it would be worth it! I actually imagine myself on the track with the sounds of bagpipes playing when I feel like giving up on my runs. It's weird, but it works. (I'm Scottish, of course my blood heats up when I hear bagpipes! Maybe I should have a bagpipe running playlist, haha.)

Also, as mentioned in the last challenge, I want to look good again! Those 10 pounds I've dropped have made a huge difference in my appearance already, but I want to be a lean, mean, toned and sexy machine, hahaha. (I've been there before when I was dancing for hours and hours every week, and I'd like to get back)

Furthermore, [again, as mentioned in the last challenge] there's my family of tall, slender women to contend with. I may never be as tiny as my sister, who was called the elfen child by my aunts when we were little because she has such a delicate frame (and perfect porcelain skin, and a pretty, petite nose >.<), but dangit I can be toned and in-shape and all hourglass-y and stuff! So my super silly (as if the others haven't been silly enough already) motivation for strength is the mental image of using the big tree in the farmhouse's yard for one-arm pull-ups, being generally muscled and toned and in-shape and impressing my family. It's completely idiotic, but whatever, it works.

As for super-concrete motivation - I have rewards! Passing the challenge will earn me another workout shirt from Activate Apparel. They're my favorite, and I want all their shirts, haha. At least I have challenge rewards for the foreseeable future! If I lose 5-10 pounds I can go hunt down a copy of the first Assassin's Creed game.

Attribute points will be assigned as follows, for a total of 15 possible points. (That's the max for each challenge, right?)

DEX(max 5) - 1 point for doing at least 1 stride workout each week, another for making it to 6 strides by the end of the challenge. 1 point for completing at least 70% of my stretches, another point for completing 90-100%. Final point achievable by being able to sit cold splits by the end of the challenge. I can still do splits warm; but I need quite a bit of warming up to it, and I don't sit them very well.

STR(max 3) - 1 point for completing at least 70% of my workouts, another point for completing 90-100%. Final point achievable by getting to Step Two on any of the Big 6 in Convict Conditioning.

STA(max 2) - 1 point for completing at least 70% of my runs, another point for completing 90-100%.

CHA(max 2) - 1 point for every 5 pounds dropped (this will carry on from challenge to challenge. eg - if I lose 7 pounds this challenge, and then 3 next challenge, I will earn 1 CHA this challenge, and then another 1 CHA the next challenge for hitting the next 5 pounds.) I cannot gain more than 2 points each challenge, as that would mean I'm losing more than 2 pounds a week, which is not healthy.

CON(max 3) - 1 point for maintaining my diet. 1 point for averaging at least 6 hours of sleep a night (use SleepCycle app to track). 1 point for not getting drunk more than once or twice a week.

Alright, I believe that's everything! Thoughts?

• Like 6

Level 3 Half-elf Ninja

[Assassin-Monk hybrid]

STR: 2 || DEX: 3 || STA: 2 || CON: 2 || WIS: 5 || CHA: 4

"Shifting from lazy and geek to Sheik and Mystique"

Your first quest was a lot like my current one and your sprints program is something like what I wanna do for my second. Subbed for motivation. If you have access to a foam roller try one during one of your 30 min stretch sessions. It's like getting a deep tissue massage!

Congrats on joining the Assassins!

• Like 1

Class: Noob and ex-Berserker

Babby's 1st challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/54256-turdles-climbing-up-the-walls/

Prologue Challenge: Run 5k

100%
100%

Quest 1: 5k time from 40min->30min

32%
32%

find me on fitocracy: turdles

Great challenge! You seem really committed to your goals. It's gonna feel great as you hit each one. Good luck :)

• Like 1

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

I think we will be friends :)

I'm about the same height and weight as you currently and my goals will be very similar when I eventually get around to writing my challenge.

Also Highland Games sounds very epic and awesome. I was actually looking into the Lumberjack games recently because chopping things and climbing giant trees sounds the mostest of fun. I don't think I would join the Highland games to do the running... I would want to be hurling the giant telephone pole things.

Also Assassins Creed! So pumped for the new game :) Currently playing Destiny, but can't wait for stabbing peeps in France.

• Like 1

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Your first quest was a lot like my current one and your sprints program is something like what I wanna do for my second. Subbed for motivation. If you have access to a foam roller try one during one of your 30 min stretch sessions. It's like getting a deep tissue massage!

Congrats on joining the Assassins!

foam roller?

Level 3 Half-elf Ninja

[Assassin-Monk hybrid]

I think we will be friends :)

I'm about the same height and weight as you currently and my goals will be very similar when I eventually get around to writing my challenge.

Also Highland Games sounds very epic and awesome. I was actually looking into the Lumberjack games recently because chopping things and climbing giant trees sounds the mostest of fun. I don't think I would join the Highland games to do the running... I would want to be hurling the giant telephone pole things.

Also Assassins Creed! So pumped for the new game :) Currently playing Destiny, but can't wait for stabbing peeps in France.

Nice! Message me a link to your challenge when you get it up - I'll want to follow you :)

Ahhh, the Highland Games are amazing! All the clans gathered together from across America - music, food, kilts, sports, and joy! Hahaha. I've never heard of the lumberjack games, but that sounds really cool. Tree-climbing competition? Where's my eleven-year old self? :P

Oooh, yes, the caber toss! That one is really impressive.

I only just got into Assassins Creed, actually - my friend just sold me his Xbox 360 & all his games, & Assassin's Creed 3 was one of them. & now I'm obsessed! I want to play all of them!! Also, I'm super pumped for the Templar chick in the French one - nonslutty, badass female video game character who contributes more than just a romantic subplot? Yes, please!! ^-^

• Like 1

Level 3 Half-elf Ninja

[Assassin-Monk hybrid]

Yeah. It's like rolling out dough. Except the dough is the knots in your muscles. Check it out:

For mo pain put the other leg on top of the leg being rolled.

• Like 1

Class: Noob and ex-Berserker

Babby's 1st challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/54256-turdles-climbing-up-the-walls/

Prologue Challenge: Run 5k

100%
100%

Quest 1: 5k time from 40min->30min

32%
32%

find me on fitocracy: turdles

Woohoo! Congrats again on your successful first challenge, and good luck for this one! I'm especially interested to see what you mean by "intensive stretching", as I too am planning to work on stretching & flexibility.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human (Wannabe) Assassin

| STR: 1 DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 |

CURRENT MISSION : 001 : CYBER-ASSASSINATION 101

MISSION LOG: | 0 

So my hopes of speed work have been dashed. I injured my foot tonight playing intramural soccer. The trainer at the gym couldn't tell if it was broken or not because of all the soft tissue damage in the area, so I'll find out just how bad it is tomorrow when I go to the doctor. I feel a little bit devastated, actually, because I was finally starting to feel good about my running and get really excited about getting fast, and now this. Also, I'm going to need cardio to replace running while my foot is healing. Ideas?

Level 3 Half-elf Ninja

[Assassin-Monk hybrid]

Oh no! I hope it's not broken!

This message was sent by my digital priestess, please excuse any errors.

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

It's not stalking if others are doing it, right? lol Subbed.

Oh noes! I hope your foot is okay! Until your foot is healed, maybe try doing the stationary bike at your gym. It'll help keep our legs moving and it's cardio. I'd cross my fingers for a sprain, but often, sprains are harder to come back from than breaks. But I hope for good news!

• Like 1

Jazzy

Fox Demon

Level 3

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Spread Sheet

Lvl: 1 |

No Soda PVP - 367/365 days Soda free Starting: 08/30/14 

100%
100%

Well, I went to the doctor aaannndd... it's broken. :( So my foot is in a boot (I promised to be good and only remove it to shower, so they let me have a boot instead of a cast), and I cant put any weight on it for 2-3 weeks... Pretty much everything is out that I can think of - I cant swim, cus that would require removing the boot; I can't do the bike at the gym cus I would have to put pressure on my foot. (and I don't want to chance either... the doctor said if I take it off too much or put pressure on it, I might end up having to get a screw in my foot  D: ) Luckily, walking with crutches turns out to be quite a workout, so I'll still be burning calories, but cardio?? Idk, maybe I should start doing shadow boxing?

• Like 1

Level 3 Half-elf Ninja

[Assassin-Monk hybrid]

Alright, so, shadow boxing is it! I will be replacing my runs with shadow boxing workouts followed by intensive stretching until my foot heals.

If my foot is out of commission the entire challenge, then my stamina attribute will remain the same - just for boxing instead of running - and I will have the opportunity to gain the two speed dexterity points through those three extra intensive stretch sessions each week. Stretching will be more difficult, as I wont be able to do any standing stretches, but I think I know enough stretches that I'll be able to make do.

If my foot is better partway through, what I stated above will be applicable until the doctor okays my foot, and then I will go back into whatever the doctor says I can do. If he says I can walk, but no running, FINE I will walk for thirty minutes three times a week and keep up the extra stretching for my dexterity. If he says I can run, but take it easy, I'll do three runs a week, whatever I'm capable of at that point and again keep up the extra stretching for my dexterity. If he says that I'm good as new, have fun, then it's back to speed work! We'll see. I'm basically going to play this by ear based on the doctor's orders. It'll be interesting.

• Like 2

Level 3 Half-elf Ninja

[Assassin-Monk hybrid]

Ouch!!!    You've got a good game plan there and know what the stakes are for starting back too soon.  Get well soon!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Ahoy fellow cut lass! Checking in to say hello and to say that ye goals look awesome! Give're hell this week, ye'll do awesome!!! Subbed.

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

So sorry to hear about your foot! At least you were able to find an exercise you can do while you wait for it to recover.  Will you be able to exercise again when the three weeks or up, or will you still have to take it easy even with the boot off?

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

Guh! Bad foot! Well, I'm sure there's a reason for it. Maybe, if you hadn't broken your foot, you would have gotten hit by a car. Who knows! I just know everything happens for a reason :) Good for you finding an alternative workout so quickly. Rock it!

• Like 1

Jazzy

Fox Demon

Level 3

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Spread Sheet

Lvl: 1 |

No Soda PVP - 367/365 days Soda free Starting: 08/30/14 

100%
100%

Oh man.  Sorry to hear about your foot.  But Kudos to you for adapting your challenge around it.  Since I'll be seeing you on the high seas with the CutLasses I'll know I've spotted ye when I hear your peg leg, right? :pirate:

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines