• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Borg Queen

Primeval Put a Bird On It.

This week, I'll be plugging away at an old favorite, The Highlander. Due to apartment dwelling, I'll be replacing the jump-knee tucks with 25 squats.

highlander-workout.jpg

Hmm, looks interesting.  Since you joined my in FMA last week, I'll join you with this one this week.  Last time I did the up and down planks, I got a slight rug burn on my elbows haha.

Finally, I'm trying to invent a really cool reward for finishing my goals this challenge. I have no idea. I was thinking about getting myself an accordion, which I used to play, but then figured out that I probably shouldn't take on any more time consuming hobbies that will require me to create a new goal on NF. Any suggestions? What has worked for you?

I've often thought about trying to figure out a reward system for myself too.  My problem is I like things that are too expensive ;)  What about getting yourself a book?

Spa day!!

Massage

Steam room

Cucumber smoothies

Relaxing music

Clean fresh feeling... Priceless!

Or any of this too ;)

• Like 1

Finally, I'm trying to invent a really cool reward for finishing my goals this challenge. I have no idea. I was thinking about getting myself an accordion, which I used to play, but then figured out that I probably shouldn't take on any more time consuming hobbies that will require me to create a new goal on NF. Any suggestions? What has worked for you?

This time around, I'm rewarding myself with a trip to the hot springs, so along those lines maybe? If you don't have hot springs a convenient distance from you, have a spa day or somesuch?? Or maybe some purchase you've been wanting to make that you don't need but would just like to have, like... a gaming console, a new outfit, something shiny and pointless and you don't need it but it's shiny and you want it

• Like 2

Okay so when I try one of these work outs and possibly fall on my face, you'll still think I'm cool right?

Okay good. I'll let you know how it goes!!

You guys are inspirational.

• Like 2

good plan. I haven't seen the Zelda workout yet. Is it fun?

I've just found that I need to vary the routine every week. If I try to repeat the same thing 2-3 x/week for six weeks in a row, it becomes kind of boring

oh.. I LOVE it.. it starts off easy (and you can vary stuff.. I have a bad back so when I do mountain climbers I do them off a 2' box jump... and use a medicine ball overhead squats instead of the medicine ball throws.  Then finally instead of distance jumping I use higher and higher box jumps..

and after 6 weeks.. add 5-10 lbs on the weights... keep my warm up the same..  and my runs/sprints I add 10-15 sec.  My lunges are w/ 5 lbs on each side.. I know it looks girly.. but it helps... next time it's 10 lbs each side..

and then the bosses add another 10-15 seconds each time...

you'll REALLY notice if you do 2-3 str days a week w/ it.. OMG..  the first time I started working out I was ready to DIE after 5- 30 second runs.. lol

now I'm better... If you want some more advise let me know.. I'd love to help customize it more for ya.. :)

• Like 2

oh.. I LOVE it.. it starts off easy (and you can vary stuff.. I have a bad back so when I do mountain climbers I do them off a 2' box jump... and use a medicine ball overhead squats instead of the medicine ball throws. Then finally instead of distance jumping I use higher and higher box jumps..

and after 6 weeks.. add 5-10 lbs on the weights... keep my warm up the same.. and my runs/sprints I add 10-15 sec. My lunges are w/ 5 lbs on each side.. I know it looks girly.. but it helps... next time it's 10 lbs each side..

and then the bosses add another 10-15 seconds each time...

you'll REALLY notice if you do 2-3 str days a week w/ it.. OMG.. the first time I started working out I was ready to DIE after 5- 30 second runs.. lol

now I'm better... If you want some more advise let me know.. I'd love to help customize it more for ya.. :)

that sounds sweetness. For my purposes, it's tricky to do a workout that requires a lot of jumping because I live in an apartment and have downstairs neighbors. Would be interested in doing it if I end up joining that gym. I <3 trying new workouts!!

Okay so when I try one of these work outs and possibly fall on my face, you'll still think I'm cool right?

Okay good. I'll let you know how it goes!!

You guys are inspirational.

doooooo ittttt. Highlander, oyyyy!
  • Like 1

Hmm, looks interesting. Since you joined my in FMA last week, I'll join you with this one this week. Last time I did the up and down planks, I got a slight rug burn on my elbows haha.

I've often thought about trying to figure out a reward system for myself too. My problem is I like things that are too expensive ;) What about getting yourself a book?

Or any of this too ;)

good ideas. I like that... A book.

Highlander oy oy oy!

This time around, I'm rewarding myself with a trip to the hot springs, so along those lines maybe? If you don't have hot springs a convenient distance from you, have a spa day or somesuch?? Or maybe some purchase you've been wanting to make that you don't need but would just like to have, like... a gaming console, a new outfit, something shiny and pointless and you don't need it but it's shiny and you want it.

oh, another great idea. Hot springs. This is brilliant, actually. I live in oregon, there are definitely some amazing ones around

Update:

Trail ran at night with headlamp for the first time. Actually it was a race. I started 17 minutes late and finished last by a few seconds, so even though I know I did a couple things wrong I must have done at least one thing right.

I've been highlanding every day. It's become part of my wake up ritual: make coffee, walk the dogs, squeeze in a couple of sets. Feels awesome.

2 meditations! Logging fine. 0 cleaning, 0 knitting.

I just got promoted at work to something equivalent to "director of science." Excited and freaked out at the same time.

• Like 5

Update:

Trail ran at night with headlamp for the first time. Actually it was a race. I started 17 minutes late and finished last by a few seconds, so even though I know I did a couple things wrong I must have done at least one thing right.

I've been highlanding every day. It's become part of my wake up ritual: make coffee, walk the dogs, squeeze in a couple of sets. Feels awesome.

I just got promoted at work to something equivalent to "director of science." Excited and freaked out at the same time.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats on the promotion,T2!!

Now go breathe!!

• Like 1

Update:

Nice!  Well done on the race.  Also congrats on the promotion.

I haven't tried using a headlamp yet.  I just recently heard of knuclelights too :)

• Like 2

that sounds sweetness. For my purposes, it's tricky to do a workout that requires a lot of jumping because I live in an apartment and have downstairs neighbors. Would be interested in doing it if I end up joining that gym. I <3 trying new workouts!!

What gym?  And how about outside.. either start on a carpet.. or a parking block *those ones your car goes against in a parking log*

then work up to in the park on a bench..

• Like 1

I've seen your highlander workout.. and was thinking of doing it in the next 2-3 challenges ahead.. for my strength...

WHERE did you find it.. if you can PM me the info.. I'd LOVE to keep it.. so I can get back to it later...

:)

Uh thanks for cheering everybody but I actually just rejected the promotion. I don't have the skills, it's a lot more work, low pay, not what I want to do. Boss is pissed. I don't care, she's an asshole.

I have barely slept since last week. Everything is a blur. Seems like I can't do anything. But I did vacuum this morning! I've also run 16.5 miles so far this week. No bw exercises and none of the other stuff.

Okay, I totally support you NOT working for an asshole! Good call.

Sorry things are feeling out of reach lately. Have you ever done strength work at the end of your runs? Sometimes, I'll do sprints (not that they are after I run but...). Perhaps you could do some BW exercises after your run just before your cool down? A thought.

Have a great day!

• Like 1