• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Borg Queen

Primeval Put a Bird On It.

What week are we in? Is it six? Wow.

Things aren't calming down at work, but I am sleeping more, leaving office earlier, and taking lunch breaks, so my approach has been more sane. My boss is still a total asshole, but she did give me a little raise yesterday. I have some ideas for work projects in the future, which I plan to undertake with my new friend (former crush object) who works at the competing company. So there you go, relationship built, time well spent. Everything happens for a reason.

Okay, I'll admit to still crushing on that guy, but at this point I feel he's being shuffled into the friend or maybe even close friend category. It's pretty clear that nothing physically romantic is going to happen between us, especially when you take into account the "effectively gay" part. There are a couple of confusing aspects to this for me. One, what does effectively gay even mean. I've dated plenty of self-identifying gay guys, it doesn't last but it's possible. Also, can people be romantically involved without a physical relationship? It seems like there is something like that happening. I know this is probably a better question for dan savage than for you, but it is something I'm thinking about. A lot to figure out.

I know I went running and biking on Sunday. Let's say 10 mile bike ride and 3 mile run. Monday was a six mile run and yesterday 3 miler. I also did 20 squats and 20 push-ups yesterday, so I'm starting to get back on track with that stuff. Diet, however? Is a different story. Saturday night Halloween party with lots of candy and sugary alcoholic beverages, Sunday some chocolate happened, Monday night crush object and I devoured cheese fries and I had a few drinks. There are very dangerous cheezits and peanut butter crackers around the office. My figure is surviving the abuse but I will need to get it under control soon, otherwise... Insidious weight gain.

Plans for this week: fix diet, maybe by food logging app, bw exercises, and work in about 13 miles of running. Also, don't go crazy. Riiiight.

• Like 3

Whew, I'm sorry you've been having such a crazy time at work. I was in something like that a couple times, though maybe not as bad as what you got. You will come out stronger and wiser for it. 

I think people can totally be in a romantic relationship that's not physical, but if someone has physical needs that aren't getting met, they'll be looking for a solution to that sooner or later.

Good luck on week six!

Whew, I'm sorry you've been having such a crazy time at work. I was in something like that a couple times, though maybe not as bad as what you got. You will come out stronger and wiser for it.

I think people can totally be in a romantic relationship that's not physical, but if someone has physical needs that aren't getting met, they'll be looking for a solution to that sooner or later.

Good luck on week six!

thanks! I think you're right, but in this case it's not going to work out that way. There are too many other variables and weird shit going on.

How has the week gone?

I noticed it's the end of the challenge, so I'll summarize week six and then the challenge.

Week 6:

Ran 22.5 miles, including a spectacular trail run on Saturday after a windstorm with fallen trees everywhere. Diet bad, but I did do some strength work on Sunday, Monday, and friday.

The Challenge:

I'm happy to have kept up with running, and I've really embraced trail and hill running with a passion this challenge. I have two trail races this week: a short one on Wednesday and a half marathon on Sunday. Feeling excited and ready for both.

I've also made a concerted effort to bike more this challenge. I've made it a habit to bike 10-30 miles every weekend, and that's been fun. It's the perfect season to take a long bike ride with beautiful fall leaves, sunny skies, and lots of birds. Who would say no.

I got really busy and, as they say, preoccupied, so the rest of the goals suffered. My diet plans went kersplat. Strength goal shmength goal. And who knows what my other goals were, I forget and I could look but it would just make me feel bad.

I'll be back next challenge, but with a greatly simplified approach. See you then. Good game.

• Like 3

Also, can people be romantically involved without a physical relationship?

I have an asexual partner who is not aromantic (though he and I aren't in a romantic relationship). :)

I'm going to look for your new challenge thread! Have you put one up yet?

• Like 1

I have an asexual partner who is not aromantic (though he and I aren't in a romantic relationship). :)

I am so happy to have had your support this challenge. I haven't been totally clear about what's going on, but as it turns out, it's this: just opened my marriage and am trying to keep a husband and a boyfriend at the same time. I don't know any other kinky queer poly people irl (working on that one). Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol. Like I said, very good to have you around.

My next thread is over yonder. I'll link you to it when I'm at a computer. Thanks again.

• Like 1

ps lol if it isn't obvious, he isn't asexual anymore. I got that to stop. I am the marathon running type, i can be tenacious as hell. Lol
  • Like 1