Primeval Put a Bird On It.

The Borg Queen

Oh! I still work for her. I just said, sorry to burst your bubble but I'm only really going to be able to do about half of what you asked me to do, for these very important reasons. She flipped out and now believes I'm going to steal her methods and start my own company, when that is not what I said or was even the subtext of what I was saying. Then she passive aggressively texted me late into the night about the details of a pick up. Lol, wtf.

Yeah body weight exercises. About those. Maybe I will have time tonight. Probably not tho. If I have an hour to work out before I have to eat and go to bed and it's between running and doing a bunch of push-ups, I would much rather run.

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Sorry about the promotion. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you. Who cares who gets mad along the way!

Good job with the running and the vacuuming. Ha ha! That's more than I've done! I actually had to take a break from running because of my foot. :(

Sounds like you're still pushing through. That's all that matters some day. Keep moving forward and finish out the week strong! ;)

P.S. How's the dishcloth coming?

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR - 2 | DEX - 3 | STA - 4 | CON - 7 | WIS - 5.5 | CHA - 0

Current Challenge

#1, #2TWburn (MFP), FitForMyTwins

Weight Loss Meter : Starting 184.7 lbs, Goal: 140

13.65%
13.65%

"Imagine with all your mind.  Believe with all your heart.  Achieve with all your might."

Fear is a horrible trait in a boss. If she is still worried that you want her job, then she is only able to work from that place. I had a boss like that. Pain in the ass. Sorry you gotta go through this.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I rode the wave and things with my boss are better, but still not really looking forward to being there with her this week. I'll admit a lot of it was me, and probably as a direct result of not getting rest days for weeks on end. Also, glad I didn't accept that promotion. It really would have been too much.

Things were also crazy in my love life. I developed a dehabilitating crush on a competitor, and we went on a date. Yeah, did not work out well. I think that's over now, with minimal damage done.

I'll just briefly goal recap, focusing on the things I did do rather than the stuff I didn't do. I ran 33.5 miles last week, and biked about 20. Did a good job of refraining from eating crap. And... That's about it. Haha.

• Like 1

You amaze me with your week. Balancing between hard emotional stuff but good physical actions.

You are inspiring, thank you!

Inspiring... sounds a little strong to me. But thank you.

In my previous post, I made it sound like everything was getting back to normal, but it isn't. The crush is turning into A Thing, with late night calls and texts. He's effectively gay, so I don't think it's going anywhere. But there's some alarm in my brain telling me that it might go someplace, and that place might be awesome, so I continue to pursue. There's also a ridiculous business rival element to the whole thing, which makes it pretty exciting. What can I say, having this crush is maybe the most fun I've had in years. Did I mention he's really hot? Maybe I don't have to say that, but obviously he is. I'm enjoying him a lot. Exciting.

Last week I passed over a promotion (for very important reasons) and tried to insert myself in a different area of the business, and got blocked. Unfortunately, I didn't react well, probably from some combination of extreme stress, being on my period, lack of sleep, and also the wear-and-tear of dealing with difficult people on an ongoing basis. Things are still settling down, and I tried really hard not to react when the manager paraded someone new through the office yesterday, introducing her as the person who would be taking on the role that I wanted. It hurt. Also, it's confusing, both to me and, when VERY delicately probed, the others I work with. Actually, the whole thing makes me look really bad on some level. On the flip side, I get to keep my job for now, which I can get paid more doing if I put my nose to the grindstone and ignore the weird office shit happening around me. I'll be treading lightly for sure.

For meditation, if I ever get to it, I'll be using the "Peace" mantra. Just saying peace over and over. Might help me cope with whatever it is I'm going through.

Sunday 30 mile bike ride. 6 mile run yesterday, short run today, and tomorrow trail race!!!

• Like 1

Strong maybe, but inspiring to means that you have found a way to balance things. And because it's hard work for me, I see power in your work and feel like there is potential for me to find a way to follow suit.

So take the compliment, sista!

[emoji2]

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Ya know.. I believe in destiny and karma.  I believe that something better will come.. especially when your a good person.. and good karma.. :)

more and better will come soon.. :)

• Like 2

Achgiguwen,

Level 3 Android ScoutSTR 9|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 4

Starting weight 320 lbs.   Current weight 258.2

Strong maybe, but inspiring to means that you have found a way to balance things. And because it's hard work for me, I see power in your work and feel like there is potential for me to find a way to follow suit.

So take the compliment, sista!

[emoji2]

how nice, you are really the nicest
  • Like 1

Ya know.. I believe in destiny and karma. I believe that something better will come.. especially when your a good person.. and good karma.. :)

more and better will come soon.. :)

destiny. Interesting. I try so hard to make certain things happen in my life, but it seems like I should just sit back a little and let life happen to me. Actually, that sounds fantastic
  • Like 1

How'd the trail race go?

I hope things get sorted for you at work soon. And crushes are super fun, even if they don't go anywhere. :D

crushes are fun until they aren't fun. I think I've hit the not fun area of the road. It was a fun two weeks, tho. We'll see
  • Like 1

Since it was a trail race it obviously went well, but how well? :)

And what is this week's workout plan?

the trail race was awesome!!!!!!!! It was 7.5 miles along this beautiful ridge overlooking the city. The day was very rainy, but it didn't rain at all on us during the race. As expected, the trails were muddy messes, with fallen trees and giant puddles. I forgot my headlamp at home and had to improvise with a dim handheld I found laying around the office. Glad I grabbed something because the entire race was after dark. I still made it at 10 minute miles, despite serious elevation gain, mud, and darkness. Also, I didn't fall down at all, which is huge!!

This week's workout plaN, I don't know. More of the same. All the running is carrying me right now, life and job are so stressful that I'd probably quit everything if I wasn't running every day.

Going to long run today, at least 8-11 miles. If it goes well I'm going to hit 27.5 total miles for the week. Then it's house cleaning, food shopping, and something else. Hopefully lots of sleep.

• Like 2

Running fast on difficult terrain with barely any light? Glad you finished well and injury free but don't make a habit of it :)

yes sir! :) I probably shouldn't brag about doing stupid stuff, but it is fun when it's done and everything turns out okay. Then, it becomes a story.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines