• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blkhole24601

blkhole24601 Relocates to Amaranthine!

Challenge Wrap-Up!

Report Card

Quest #1: Keep Up the Grey Warden Training! [+4 STA, +3 STR] 100% Complete!

Quest #2: Avoid Injury! [+3 DEX] 100% Complete!

Quest #3: Fuel Up! [+3 CON] 100% Complete!

Life Quest: Completely Move In [+1 WIS, +1 CHA] 100% Complete!

Scouts Mini Challenges

#1: Captain America - Hygiene: Complete! (+1 CHA)

#2: The Hulk - Anger Management: Complete! (+1 WIS)

#3: Thor - Strength of Will: Complete! (+1 WIS)

#4: Iron Man - Charity: Complete! (+1 CHA)

#5: Black Widow - Flexibility: Complete! (+1 DEX)

---

Despite the hard past couple of weeks, I managed to finish the challenge off with 100% across the board, yay! There's quite a few lessons learned and I won't accumulate them all here, but the major pointers I'm going to take away into the future are:

1. Taper week is difficult and awful and that's the week that even though I'm scaling back on my workouts, I can't scale back on my diet at all or else bad things. In fact, I have to be extra diligent during taper week.
  2. I need to exercise in the morning or I will be hard-pressed to do it later in the day, for no other reason than that the longer I wait the less time I have to work with, considering my busy, busy schedule.
  3. I have broken my tendency to undereat! Except now I get really close to overeating. Ugh, the balance, how do I find it what do I do.
  4. On that note, making my own meals helps me out. When I have to resort to the cafeteria for my meals, that's where I find myself in the most danger.
  5. I love yoga. Incorporating poses into my post-workout stretches has helped me out a lot, but I want to start taking classes in it. How do I fit it into my schedule though? Things to consider.
  6. The busier I am, the easier it is for me to be healthy? Who knew! As soon as I was finished moving, that's when I started to slip. I mean, taper week and hormones probably had a lot to do with it, too, but there you go. I think it was because I was forced to make sure I planned my meals for the week otherwise I wouldn't eat. I need to get into that mindset again.
  7. Lifting makes me feel awesome, and I know it's because of that I have the best body image I've had in my entire life. Not resorting to my scale every week to feel good about myself makes me feel even better about myself. It's not a "I don't want to know" it's a "I don't care because I can run 13.1 miles and I can lift heavier things than most women can!"

Victories of the Challenge

1. I ran 13.1 miles... AND I PR'ED!! 2:17:50 and without even trying for it. Awesome!
  2. I finished the challenge at 100% while moving and rehearsing for a show and performing in said show. I CAN DO ANYTHING.
  3. I was cast in another show during this challenge! Rehearsals start tomorrow for it. Woo!
  4. Oh, and I got my final bill for my old place. I owe only water bill charges. That's it. This has never happened to me before; since I didn't put down a security deposit I expected to have to pay something, but nope.
  5. And finally, I'm dating an incredible guy because somehow that was able to happen in the midst of everything else. :D

So I'll be posting things in my battle log for what I'm doing in the two week interim between this challenge and next if you're interested in seeing what I'm doing, and I'll definitely be around the Scouts forums to talk about all the things. :love_heart: I have a 5K to keep me running until the start of the next challenge and I'll be working through the Advanced Bodyweight Workout before I start up NROL Stage 2, and I'll be trying to find that balance between over eating and under eating.

I'll see you guys around, for sure!!

• Like 6

You've had an amazing challenge! There's so much awesome here!  :D Can't wait to see what you do next challenge. 

Thank you!! I loved following you this challenge, too, and I can't wait to see you in the next challenge as part of the NaNo group!!

Another challenge in the books. You did great. The epitome of a great NF challenge. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!! :D

Awesome challenge!

Thank you! ^_^

Really amazing work, blkhole! Awesome. And look how happy you are: in your posts, in your pic (yea I know, mixed in with your exhaustion  lol ) and your appearance all over the forums helping and supporting others! Yu definitely made a difference in your life and the life of others! KUDOS!!!!!!!

Congrats on a really remarkable challenge!  Straight A's?!?!?!  Wow.

Thanks!! ^_^

Really amazing work, blkhole! Awesome. And look how happy you are: in your posts, in your pic (yea I know, mixed in with your exhaustion  lol ) and your appearance all over the forums helping and supporting others! Yu definitely made a difference in your life and the life of others! KUDOS!!!!!!!

:redface:  This comment makes my day. Thank you so much!!! I know I haven't been around in other people's threads the past couple of weeks because of a variety of reasons, and I'm planning on doing better next time around for sure, but seeing others work hard is also motivational for me so my success is because of all of you, too, and you've all made a difference in my life!! :love_heart: So excited to be here!!

• Like 1