• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blkhole24601

blkhole24601 Relocates to Amaranthine!

Yay, found you! :love_heart: 

So excited for your half marathon - you're going to kick butt this challenge again! ^.^

And let me know which winter running pants you get...I actually need to get a pair myself!

Hey there! Subbing! 

That video is great! I like when he picks up the bra! That always makes me laugh when I'm out for a Zombie run and it tells me I've picked up a bra! I guess we'll still need sports bras when the zombies arrive!

Right? I've said it before and I'll say it again . . . if I am being actively chased by a pack of zombies, I am not stopping to pick up a pack of underwear. The folks of Able Township can go commando.

• Like 4

Lovely goals. Subbing. 

Yay! And I'll sub back, fellow cutlassy~

"RUN, VICKI, RUN!"

:D

:tongue: lol

Yay, found you! :love_heart:

So excited for your half marathon - you're going to kick butt this challenge again! ^.^

And let me know which winter running pants you get...I actually need to get a pair myself!

YAAAY~! :love_heart:

I hope so! I'm a lot busier this time around than last time and I'm doing something very scary (lifting, ack!!) but hey, if it's scary, then it's gotta be worth it, right?

Will do! I might do a little bit of window shopping this weekend when I go out and get the sports bra and gadget I earned from last challenge, see what's out there, etc. I have a pair right now but it's a bit bulky compared to a lot of stuff they have now, and I wonder if the newer stuff will be better all around or not...

Right? I've said it before and I'll say it again . . . if I am being actively chased by a pack of zombies, I am not stopping to pick up a pack of underwear. The folks of Able Township can go commando.

I don't know, sometimes those sports bras and underwear are just enough to distract the zombs if they manage to catch up to you.

....... zombies are surprisingly perverted.

• Like 1

....... zombies are surprisingly perverted.

Walking Dead . . . Too Hot for TV!

Zombies Gone Wild

Doing It All Night of the Living Dead

. . . okay, I think I'm done . . .

I get a bit jealous of the zombie running crowd. I love the concept, but not into zombies. Just waiting for someone to come out with something else to run from. Dragons or something.

Maybe a running with the Doctor game could be created....just sayin'  He and his companion always have something to run from/to.

• Like 1

I get a bit jealous of the zombie running crowd. I love the concept, but not into zombies. Just waiting for someone to come out with something else to run from. Dragons or something.

This!  I hate zombies!  But I want an app that will make me hate running less!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd totally run from dragons.

• Like 2

Walking Dead . . . Too Hot for TV!

Zombies Gone Wild

Doing It All Night of the Living Dead

. . . okay, I think I'm done . . .

Okay, I spat out my water reading these, especially that last one. XD  Or... "Zombies With Low Self-Esteem"? (Arrested Development reference)

Awesome stuff here! Welcome to the scouts. Looking forward to reading about your training :)

Thanks!! I'm excited to be here! :)

See, I hated zombies too. Still kind of do, actually, but I guess that's extra motivation for me to run faster when the zombies give chase.  I have a lot of friends obsessed with zombie lore and I... really couldn't care less. But Zombies, Run! is totally worth it. I listen more for the characters anymore, tbh!

But dragons... dragons would be cool. I wonder if Six to Start can be convinced to do another running app that's like Zombies, Run! but not zombies, but it's their big moneymaker game right now, and they do have a walking app that's about spies, I think? Never tried it. And a bodyweight app that's about superheroes. So they are expanding!

Maybe a running with the Doctor game could be created....just sayin'  He and his companion always have something to run from/to.

Would they bring on a new Doctor for it, or would they bring back one of the previous ones?? And yes, I'd buy this game, especially if Captain Jack makes cameos. Or is a regular character. (Come on Barrowman you know you want to.)

This!  I hate zombies!  But I want an app that will make me hate running less!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd totally run from dragons.

Like I said, I hate zombies too! It took me the better part of a few months before I gave ZR a chance but before I came on to Nerd Fitness I was desperate for something to keep me running, and ZR has a lot of great reviews, so I gave it a chance even though I'm still #nope about zombies. I still refuse to watch any zombie movies or TV shows, but I mean, if I have a guy who's basically Alistair babbling at me in most episodes, I'll keep at it. :D

• Like 1

Day Zero!

I was going to try to run on Friday but that turned into a rest day -- sort of. Spent most of the day packing. Ran a 5K with a friend yesterday, but because of the mud and crowds and narrow paths (and crowds+narrow paths, because though they said walkers to the right and runners to the left, walkers tended to spread across the entire path and there was no easy way around them most of the time because again, narrow paths), it was more walking than running, which is fine; it was fun, and I kind of want to do it again next year. I'm buying more color bombs, I think. :D

Finally, today I ran 4.25 miles, and it was my fastest non-treadmill run this year, yes!! An average of 11:42 minute/mile, which I will happily take.

And in Season 2, Episode S4: Canada, Janine channels her inner Sam:

Though I can't blame Janine for fangirling over Margaret Atwood. Was that actually Margaret Atwood doing the voice work? If so, it's kind of sad because... not a great voice actress since it did sound like she was reading from a script, but I guess the point is that Ms. Atwood was being driven insane by the measures they've had to take to keep themselves safe from the zombie apocalypse, which, for the record, cracks me up but would also leave me a little cracked, too. I do enjoy Celine Dion, but man, if I had to listen "My Heart Will Go On" on repeat for months on end, I think I'd rather turn into a zombie!

I do love Janine's One Direction joke. Apparently they're zombies now and they're "shambling in all directions." Oh man, this is a filler episode I much enjoyed, especially with Janine being, as she admits it herself, "Worse than Sam."

And I'm so happy Sam smugly called her out on it too. XDDD

Tomorrow begins my first day of lifting, and while I'm not too concerned with dimensions and measurements anymore, for the sake of tracking my progress as I go through NROLFW program.

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 122.6 lbs

Waist (at narrowest): 27.5"

Waist (at navel): 31"

Hips: 37.5"

Bicep: 10.5"

Wrist: 5.5"

Thigh: 20.5"

Calf: 15"

Neck: 11.75"

I ended last challenge at 120.4 lbs and today I'm at 122.6 lbs, but I know exactly why this is happening and it's entirely biological and little to do with me; in a week, maybe less, I expect to be back down to 120 lbs (or less?). Also, I've never been healthily under 120 lbs as an adult. I managed 118 lbs once, but that was during one of the worst bouts of depression in my life when I was seriously not eating anything, nor was I exercising. I spent most of my time in bed, really. ;;; And to be honest, 120 lbs is a happy weight for me, but I do want to see how close to 115 lbs I can get to healthily. My main focus though will be less on weight and more on building muscle and shedding fat, so 115 lbs may not even be possible, but we'll see how things go!

My plan for the rest of the day today includes MORE PACKING! Also cooking dinner for the rest of the week, shopping, laundry, cleaning... all sorts of not-fun things, but things that need to get done today or else I won't be able to get to them until the weekend. So after I'm done doing my lurk around NF, it'll be time to get to it!

(And I do have a 'before' picture, but I'll provide it when I post up progress pics! Can't decide if I'm going to do it weekly, bi-weekly, or at the halfway point...)

• Like 3

Would they bring on a new Doctor for it, or would they bring back one of the previous ones?? And yes, I'd buy this game, especially if Captain Jack makes cameos. Or is a regular character. (Come on Barrowman you know you want to.)

YES! A Doctor-runs game! With Barrowman! Ah! (Srsly my day has been made just thinking about this).

• Like 1

YES! A Doctor-runs game! With Barrowman! Ah! (Srsly my day has been made just thinking about this).

It would be the best thing!!

Ahoy fellow cut lass! Checking in to say hello and to say that ye goals look awesome! Give're hell this week, ye'll do awesome!!! Subbed.

Ahoy thar! Lookin' forward to settin' sail wit ye this adventure!

Wow, you're off to a great start - a 5k yesterday and 4.25 miles today? Awesome. :panda:

Thanks! I love that I found my love for running again; this run was something I was looking forward to and felt awesome about. ^_^ 

• Like 2

I wa an Abel Runner. There was a cool Accountabilibuddies group for awhile, maybe you should restart it??

!!! Maybe I will! Probably not this time since I don't have a lot of time these next few weeks to run an Accountabilibuddies group, but it's something I'll keep in mind for next challenge!

!!! Maybe I will! Probably not this time since I don't have a lot of time these next few weeks to run an Accountabilibuddies group, but it's something I'll keep in mind for next challenge!

If I did a group would you like to be included?

Oh yeah! I picked up a pair of winter running pants from Target today (and a hat, and a ear warmer thingy)...nothing special, just a plain black pair from their sports wear department. I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning. :panda:

• Like 1

Oh yeah! I picked up a pair of winter running pants from Target today (and a hat, and a ear warmer thingy)...nothing special, just a plain black pair from their sports wear department. I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning. :panda:

Nice!! Let me know how you like them! ^_^

• Like 1

... that moment when you're preparing your meal plan for tomorrow and realize you are one calorie short of your bare minimum. I guess I'll uh. Eat an Altoid? o.o;;

This cracked me up. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what foods are one calorie. :lol:

Nice goals!  I too have added a flexibility part to my quest.  I look forward to following you these 6 weeks.

Hey there, good to see you again! And now I know where to find you to follow you, too~ ^_^

This cracked me up. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what foods are one calorie. :lol:

:lol: It was one of those moments last night where I looked at MFP, saw the 1,399 number, and went, "Really...?!" I still do have, technically, about 200 (er, 201) calories to spare since I have no intention of eating back the calories I burned this morning, but doesn't mean I should eat all of it, etc. I think I'll need to eat at least a couple of Altoids since they are so low in calories, but I might throw some sugar into my tea and call it good. We'll see! ;;;