• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blkhole24601

blkhole24601 Relocates to Amaranthine!

Moving is always an excellent barometer of how much stuff you actually have. I do a thorough cleaning and downsizing once a year. I'm happy to say that after my last cleaning, I have downsized my stuff to where, outside of furniture, I can fit *all* my stuff in my car. :D

Reminds me of this:

George Carlin is awesome. 

Sadly, to be able to fit all of my stuff in a car, I would have to get rid of the many, many books I accumulated while living around the corner from a really good used book store for six years. Right now most of it's at my parents' place though. I definitely only brought the bare minimum of my stuff when I moved to Japan (because I certainly wasn't going to pay extra for additional luggage).

• Like 1

Sadly, to be able to fit all of my stuff in a car, I would have to get rid of the many, many books I accumulated while living around the corner from a really good used book store for six years. Right now most of it's at my parents' place though. I definitely only brought the bare minimum of my stuff when I moved to Japan (because I certainly wasn't going to pay extra for additional luggage).

Oh I understand, completely! I had to get rid of a fabulous collection of books (I ADORE used book stores) due to series of moves a few years ago (four moves in one year). I just couldn't keep lugging them around. I was so sad to get rid of them! 

I still have a small collection of my favorites (about 2 shelves worth). ^.^

• Like 1

Moving is terrible. The last place I lived, I stayed for 6 years and it was ridiculous how much stuff I accumulated. I think I ended up donating almost a car load of stuff to charity (I'm not quite sure, my mom dropped it off while I helped move stuff downstairs). 

That's one of my worries about moving into a much bigger place. Am I going to accumulate more stuff? But really, the extra room is desired so I don't have to worry about paring down a guest list when I want people over, to give my cat space should I grant him a baby brother ("Dear Kitten" anyone?), to have a room where I can do puzzles in peace, and to have plenty of room to work out at home. I want more empty space than clutter, so here's hoping I don't start buying crap I really don't need!

Moving is always an excellent barometer of how much stuff you actually have. I do a thorough cleaning and downsizing once a year. I'm happy to say that after my last cleaning, I have downsized my stuff to where, outside of furniture, I can fit *all* my stuff in my car. :D

Reminds me of this:

DYINGGGGG. That video is so accurate though, I love it. :lol:

All your stuff into one car? Oh man, I could never do that. Like sterre, I have too many books and DVDs and video games and clothes, not to mention the things I need for my kitchen etc! But right now, thanks to packing... that sounds like a wonderful minimalist way to live. ;;; I already have a hard enough time getting rid of the few books and DVDs that I am! 

• Like 1

Week 1, Day 2

Quest #1: Keep Up the Grey Warden Training!

Stamina: 1/3

Strength: 1/3

HOLY HILLS BATMAN! It was a bit of a shorter run than I had planned but you know what, that intensity was something I hadn’t had in such a long time so I'm not even a little bit disappointed. One of the three trails my coworker suggested to me was an interesting route and full of so. many. hills. I don’t know if I’ll go that route again on Thursday since there’s two more I want to check out and both of them more scenic than this one (though this one had horses!), but hey, it’s good for a not-so-easy 4 mile run!

Zombies, Run! Season 2, Episode 7: Holding Out for a Hero

… yeah, no, I really don’t care about how awesome Nadia is at her job she tried to kill me. I don’t care if she’s having a hard time emotionally with Lem’s death she tried to kill me. Still not okay with this. And Phil, I like you. Esteban, I love your accent but quit trying to make this better. If you want me to sympathize with Nadia, SHE has to make it up to ME. I don’t care if Captain America Do-Gooder Boy Scout Lem wouldn’t approve.

I really hope Nadia is writhing in misery as she realizes that what she did to me Lem would have completely, 100% disapproved of. You’re a bad person, Nadia. You might have been a good person before Lem’s death, but you’re not anymore. Six to Start, if this is your way of trying to redeem Nadia in Runner 5's eyes, you need to do better, but I have faith in your storytelling skills that it'll be acknowledged that Runner 5 still refuses to work with Nadia on missions and believes, frankly, she needs to stay under house arrest.

Quest #2: Avoid Injury!

Dexterity: 2/6

Same thing I did yesterday, nothing really to note! I might be getting deeper with my stretch but it’s difficult to measure without actually measuring it, and it’s not something I’m paying attention to when I’m doing what I do. I just go as deep as I can and then just a tinge more. ;;

Quest #3: Fuel Up!

Constitution: 2/6

Calories: 1,470

Carbs: 117 g (31%)

Protein: 94 g (25%)

Fat: 73 g (44%)

Another day of trying to figure out how I was going to reach my minimum, and more difficult than yesterday since I ran out of hemp seeds and could only use about half of what I normally use for my lunch salads. Good thing I still have some nuts to use in its place! I just hope the protein hit won’t be too devastating, considering hemp seeds has twice the punch of protein than most nuts for the same calorie cost per serving. I’m really enjoying my protein number the past couple of days!

Life Quest: Completely Move In!

NOPE. Tomorrow I have to call the utilities company about having two addresses on my bill for at least a week, possibly a little bit longer. I get the keys to my new place in less than a week now zomg!!

---

Scouts Mini Challenge #1: Did my dental hygiene last night, will be doing it again here shortly once I post this up, and then it’s to bed because my long commute + 9 hour work day + 3 hour rehearsal and no time for anything else really is starting to wear on me. ;;; But I can spare the five minutes to make sure I go to bed with clean teeth!

Cutlasses Mini Challenge #1: Will look at that tomorrow, cannot brain anymore tonight. Arrrr!

• Like 3

Bah! Hills! I really hate hills! I have to force myself to do them. Having all those trails near work sound lovely. I work close to Primrose Hill in London and I used to go for an evening run there in the summer. That has a really big hill! 

All your stuff into one car? Oh man, I could never do that. Like sterre, I have too many books and DVDs and video games and clothes, not to mention the things I need for my kitchen etc! But right now, thanks to packing... that sounds like a wonderful minimalist way to live. ;;; I already have a hard enough time getting rid of the few books and DVDs that I am! 

When I broke up with my Ex, many years ago, I managed to fit all my stuff into my Fiat Cinquecento. Now I wouldn't even fit half my bedroom in there. When we moved into our current place we moved from a one bed to a two bed. We threw out so much junk when we moved and then 2 months after moving we threw another load out as we didn't have enough space! Now, 2 years later, we're purging again and I can't believe how much junk we've accumulated in such a short space of time.

Another great day for you it seems!  And congrats on moving in!

And I'm jealous of you getting to Season 2 of Zombies, Run!  I just finished Season 1 and realized that my iPod is sooooo old that I cannot get any further seasons.  I'm debating between getting a new iPod or running with my massive Samsung Note 2.  But I gots to have that Zombies, Run!  A good workout playlist is one thing, grunting zombies is another!  

I am in the same boat as you when it comes to the mentality about calories. It took me a very long time to understand how all of it really works. My range goal for each day is the same as yours 1400-1600. I love to eat my workout calories though! Ha ha!

Since the beginning of the last challenge I have dropped from around 195 to 185 and have maintained 185 for a few weeks with no problems.

You will find what works for you. Just keep working at it bit by bit. It does get easier. Also, I find that I'm less hungry as long as my water I take is where it needs to be and I pack as much protein into each major meal that I can. (Breakfast is usually some form of eggs and bacon and it comes out around 20g or more of protein)

Great job on your run! Hills are glorious but only once you reach the top. Blah!

Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

But I gots to have that Zombies, Run!  A good workout playlist is one thing, grunting zombies is another!  

My ONE complaint as an Android user was that I couldn't have both ... loved mixing "angry music" (as my wife calls it) and zombies!

Bah! Hills! I really hate hills! I have to force myself to do them. Having all those trails near work sound lovely. I work close to Primrose Hill in London and I used to go for an evening run there in the summer. That has a really big hill! 

When I broke up with my Ex, many years ago, I managed to fit all my stuff into my Fiat Cinquecento. Now I wouldn't even fit half my bedroom in there. When we moved into our current place we moved from a one bed to a two bed. We threw out so much junk when we moved and then 2 months after moving we threw another load out as we didn't have enough space! Now, 2 years later, we're purging again and I can't believe how much junk we've accumulated in such a short space of time.

Hills are evil, but I guess a more natural way to force yourself to do intervals since it's this giant obstacle in your way? IDK. Hills are good for you, they way. ;;; I hadn't realized how flat my normal routes were until yesterday when I came across hill after hill after hill, and since I was in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, these hills were steep and long, too! 

That does not reassure me that I won't accumulate more stuff after moving from my tiny one bedroom into my spacious two bedroom. :lol: I guess I have to be diligent about making sure that the stuff I buy I'll actually need/want but this has never worked out well for me in the past, sigh......

Another great day for you it seems!  And congrats on moving in!

And I'm jealous of you getting to Season 2 of Zombies, Run!  I just finished Season 1 and realized that my iPod is sooooo old that I cannot get any further seasons.  I'm debating between getting a new iPod or running with my massive Samsung Note 2.  But I gots to have that Zombies, Run!  A good workout playlist is one thing, grunting zombies is another!  

Not moved in quite yet! I pick up the keys on Monday and then the Sunday after is when all my stuff gets there, but it's soon!! My long commute will be over very quickly, though I'll mourn the loss of a need of audio books to entertain me. I might still check them out of the library so I can listen to them when I'm doing chores or running errands or something, but it just won't be the same. Oh, well, I'd rather have a MUCH shorter commute than a need to listen to audiobooks so I'm not driven insane by a long commute, anyway!

That's sad, and they JUST finished a sale, too, where everything was half off! I run with my iPhone, which isn't tiny, but since I go on exploratory runs it's nice that I have it on me in case I get so lost I need someone to come pick me up. :lol: I bought an armband to hold it, so I'm sure they'll have something big enough for your Samsung! (Is the Samsung Note 2 so much bigger than the iPhone 5S, I wonder?)

Glad to hear the run went well, you must be really looking forward to moving now it's getting so close!

Catching them all from my iPad using tapatalk

Yes, I am!! More than a little bit freaked out, tbh, at how my apartment still looks like a disaster zone despite all the packing, purging, and cleaning I've done and worried if I'll be able to get it all done by next Sunday, but I'm going to be so relieved when my commute goes from 45-55 minutes to 15-20 minutes!

I am in the same boat as you when it comes to the mentality about calories. It took me a very long time to understand how all of it really works. My range goal for each day is the same as yours 1400-1600. I love to eat my workout calories though! Ha ha!

Since the beginning of the last challenge I have dropped from around 195 to 185 and have maintained 185 for a few weeks with no problems.

You will find what works for you. Just keep working at it bit by bit. It does get easier. Also, I find that I'm less hungry as long as my water I take is where it needs to be and I pack as much protein into each major meal that I can. (Breakfast is usually some form of eggs and bacon and it comes out around 20g or more of protein)

Great job on your run! Hills are glorious but only once you reach the top. Blah!

Have a great day!

Thanks, and that's awesome for your maintenance and weight loss! I guess it's safe to say that I'm still experimenting, but one thing I did notice from last challenge that the closer I eat to my maintenance of ~1500 the better I perform, and I still lose weight while I do since I'm still burning about 200-400 calories on a normal workout day (weekend long runs burn a lot more than that, obvs) and I don't often eat any of it back. I have also been gaining weight when I eat between 1200-1300 calories. (Lose weight when I eat close to 1500, gain when it's 1200-1300 -- I guess this means I've plateaued?)

But I still have a lot to learn about how much I need to be eating, too! Water and tea doesn't help curb my hunger as much as I wish it did, which is a sign I should be eating more especially since once I hit 1400 calories the hunger pangs go away and I feel functional so... we'll see! More experimentation is needed. B)

Good job on the run!!

And I hear you on the hemp protein - I always add bit to my morning smoothie. :D

Thank you!

Hemp seeds are the best thing! I'm glad I haven't had to answer questions from coworkers yet about the strange seeds in my salads, though, tbh!!

My ONE complaint as an Android user was that I couldn't have both ... loved mixing "angry music" (as my wife calls it) and zombies!

Wait, does that mean that the app for the Android won't let you select a playlist to listen to? Because my zombies get mixed in with my strange preference of running music (a mix of classic rock, Broadway, Disney, and 90's pop) in a way that can get me to start cracking up in the middle of a run. :lol: If you can't listen to your music while running with the Android version of the app... what was a typical mission like???

Morning Update:

Stepped on the scale, back down to where I was at the end of last challenge, finally! (120.6 lbs) Because I've been eating more. And probably some hormonal things, too, if I had to be honest with myself.

Okay, body, let's see if we can get below 120 lbs. It's going to be the healthy way this time!

• Like 1

Wait, does that mean that the app for the Android won't let you select a playlist to listen to? Because my zombies get mixed in with my strange preference of running music (a mix of classic rock, Broadway, Disney, and 90's pop) in a way that can get me to start cracking up in the middle of a run. :lol: If you can't listen to your music while running with the Android version of the app... what was a typical mission like???

It was silence with the occasional zombie groan between the scripted audio pieces. The only way I know to get playlists to work in Android was to use WinAmp to make them but I didn't need a 3rd music app on my phone.

It was silence with the occasional zombie groan between the scripted audio pieces. The only way I know to get playlists to work in Android was to use WinAmp to make them but I didn't need a 3rd music app on my phone.

That sounds incredibly boring, actually! You'd think Six to Start would fix that; there shouldn't be a need to run another app (says the person who runs RunKeeper with ZR!)... do you know if they have since you last tried?

Well that is no good.  And pushes me slightly towards getting a new iPod Touch (but sooo expensive)

Zombies,Run! playlists works with my Android phone. I have a HTC One Mini2 but it worked with my old HTC OneX as well. It only picks up the playlist if it's in the phones built in music app (just called Music).

If you want to use a different music player, go into Settings on Zombies, Run and select External Music Support. You can then play music via your music player and it will pause it or lower the volume when the story kicks in. It's not as good as selecting a playlist in the app as it doesn't wait for the end of a song to pause to cut into the story; but it means you don't have to run in silence.  :)

• Like 3

DUDE! I just noticed that your username is short for Black hole~ Lols

Love. Your. Log, mang! Especially, the zombies run app (;_; I want one but can't have one, ya see my dilemma!)

Secondly, congratulations on getting to your 55 kgs?? Weight (we're kind of the same~ yaaaay!)

Let's work on losing further, eh? (I'll need your advice from now on, yo!)

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Zombies,Run! playlists works with my Android phone. I have a HTC One Mini2 but it worked with my old HTC OneX as well. It only picks up the playlist if it's in the phones built in music app (just called Music).

If you want to use a different music player, go into Settings on Zombies, Run and select External Music Support. You can then play music via your music player and it will pause it or lower the volume when the story kicks in. It's not as good as selecting a playlist in the app as it doesn't wait for the end of a song to pause to cut into the story; but it means you don't have to run in silence.  :)

Guess I need to see if my iTunes playlists work with the Android player.  I'm sure there has to be a way

DUDE! I just noticed that your username is short for Black hole~ Lols

Love. Your. Log, mang! Especially, the zombies run app (;_; I want one but can't have one, ya see my dilemma!)

Secondly, congratulations on getting to your 55 kgs?? Weight (we're kind of the same~ yaaaay!)

Let's work on losing further, eh? (I'll need your advice from now on, yo!)

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

:lol: It's a nod to my astronomy love. I usually use "infinity" at the end of it, but I opted for something a little different and relevant to another one of my big interests outside of space. I swear those numbers aren't random!

Maybe someday! It makes the runs a lot more fun when you get to pretend like you're going on a supply/rescue/spy mission while getting chased by zombies.^_^

And thank you! The last 5 lbs will be a beast to lose especially since I'm not sure if I can actually do it now that muscle-building is a focus and as an adult the only time I dipped below 120 lbs was when I wasn't eating at all, so we'll see! So far, it looks like I'm at the point where I need to eat more to lose. ;;; But yes, as I find what works, I'll let you know!! :D

:lol: It's a nod to my astronomy love. I usually use "infinity" at the end of it, but I opted for something a little different and relevant to another one of my big interests outside of space. I swear those numbers aren't random!

Les Miserables?

Les Miserables?

Exactly!! :D

Jean Valjean is my hero, basically. And Colm Wilkinson is too. And since Colm = JVJ, welp~

I always gain a couple of pounds in between challenges. It's a thing. :)

I guess so! :lol: Though I didn't really change anything in the week between... maybe it's just the NF gods telling us that we better damn well sign up for the next challenge if we want to keep up our progress OR ELSE!

Exactly!! :D

Jean Valjean is my hero, basically. And Colm Wilkinson is too. And since Colm = JVJ, welp~

I guess so! :lol: Though I didn't really change anything in the week between... maybe it's just the NF gods telling us that we better damn well sign up for the next challenge if we want to keep up our progress OR ELSE!

Or else! No milkshake for you!? :L