blkhole24601 Relocates to Amaranthine!

blkhole24601

Awesome challenge!

Also, I'm super into the story and especially characters of Zombies, Run! I will put spoilers behind a cut, but I'll move my babbling about from my battle log to here in case others want to partake. I'll note what episode I'm on as I go along, too.  ^_^

I love Zombies,Run! but after forgetting my headphones and "forcing" my wife to listen to it ... I had to stop using it as I scared her with it :)

• Like 1

Here you are!!!

So glad you kept the theme running in to this challenge.

Subbed naturally

Yay~!

I have two more games before I run out of Dragon Age themes since I plan on doing it game by game. :lol: After that, we'll see! Might move on to Mass Effect or KOTOR or Jade Empire or do something completely different!

Awesome challenge!

I love Zombies,Run! but after forgetting my headphones and "forcing" my wife to listen to it ... I had to stop using it as I scared her with it :)

Thanks!

XD Maybe less zombie chases to help with that? But then the zombie chases are part of the fun, too. ^_^ Are you planning on revisiting it anytime soon?

XD Maybe less zombie chases to help with that? But then the zombie chases are part of the fun, too. ^_^ Are you planning on revisiting it anytime soon?

Probably after I get back to running for running sake ... right now I'm trying to focus on the sub-2hour half and the zombies, run isn't the right distraction for that goal

Probably after I get back to running for running sake ... right now I'm trying to focus on the sub-2hour half and the zombies, run isn't the right distraction for that goal

True enough! While the app does have the option for intervals, it's without the story and the story is, to me, the whole point. Cheering you on for that sub-2 hour half! Maybe someday I'll get there myself... 2:30:00 is my current aim, even though I keep saying I don't care about speed, just finishing, but I care about my time at least a little bit. ;;;;;

Week 1, Day 1

Quest #1: Keep Up the Grey Warden Training!

Stamina: 0/3

Strength: 1/3

First day of NROLFW, Stage 1! The details of what I did can be found on my battle log (or, if you'd rather, here on my gdoc training log). It’s interesting to see where I’m strong and where I’m not, and I can’t wait to add more weight to what I’m doing. Now it’s time to figure out the best time of day to get to the fitness center at work. I know it’s pretty busy around lunchtime, and today I discovered that early morning can be busy, too, but immediately after lunchtime is dead. If I don’t have a meeting Wednesday afternoon, I might head in there; otherwise, I’ll try to go mid-morning.

Tomorrow: 4.5 miles! Time to explore one of the trails a coworker tipped me off to. ^_^

Quest #2: Avoid Injury!

Dexterity: 1/6

Did a couple of yoga poses (pigeon and crescent) and a stretching regimen after my workout.  Someday, I’ll be able to do a split.

Quest #3: Fuel Up!

Constitution: 1/6

Calories: 1,474

Carbs: 118 g (31%)

Protein: 94 g (26%)

Fat: 72 g (43%)

A mental reason for this quest that I’m realizing today: there were guilt factors that went into determining what I’d eat to get within range. Being over 1400 makes me uncomfortable, and it has nothing to do with how I feel physically because I was hungry a lot of the day. It’s all a mental game of being told that I need to eat so little if I don’t want to be fat. I considered eating just a little bit more but when I saw the number bump too close to 1600… well, hopefully this quest will get me to be all right with eating more, finally.

I did utilize my crockpot last night with a "toss in a bunch of things, cook over night... meals for the week!" sort of recipe and it's not too bad. I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of batch cooking with my crockpot from now on, especially whenever I'm in rehearsals or something. B)

Life Quest: Completely Move In!

No packing or anything related to moving today! Very little progress will be made here most weekdays between work and rehearsal. That said, I have nearly about everything except for clothes, jewelry, kitchen stuff, electronics, and bathroom stuff packed up... and yet it still feels like I've barely scratched the surface. Have I ever said that I hate moving??

---

Scouts Mini Challenge #1: Once I post this up, I’m running off to the bathroom to do my hygiene routine, then I’m going to bed. I timed myself last night and it came out to 5 minutes for everything I said I’d do, so really, five minutes longer before I crash into my bed won’t hurt anything. Not like insomnia’s been wrecking havoc on my system for the past couple of weeks anyway, ugh...

• Like 3

Quest #3: Fuel Up!

Constitution: 1/6

Calories: 1,474

Carbs: 118 g (31%)

Protein: 94 g (26%)

Fat: 72 g (43%)

A mental reason for this quest that I’m realizing today: there were guilt factors that went into determining what I’d eat to get within range. Being over 1400 makes me uncomfortable, and it has nothing to do with how I feel physically because I was hungry a lot of the day. It’s all a mental game of being told that I need to eat so little if I don’t want to be fat. I considered eating just a little bit more but when I saw the number bump too close to 1600… well, hopefully this quest will get me to be all right with eating more, finally.

Yay on all your positive outcomes! way to start strong!

*personally* I think you should be upping your calorie intake - especially if you're working out as often. Most human bodies doing regular day-in-day-out activities (i.e. not strenuous labor/workouts) need 1500 calories to keep everything running properly. Some metabolisms are different, so that will play into it. But feed that awesome machine of yours!

(also, hugs if food things are sensitive - I'm not meaning to preach, only to encourage)

Go Team!

McGizBrainsurge.gif

Tomorrow: 4.5 miles! Time to explore one of the trails a coworker tipped me off to. ^_^

One of my favorite things with running is exploring new lands.  Feels like an adventure.  I usually have a good sense of direction, but the streets nearby don't always conform to logic so one time I took a few turns thinking I was heading home only to be lead the wrong way thanks to a winding street.  3 miles later and I had done an impromptu 10k.  But I survived so good adventure on!  :pirate:

• Like 2

Have fun on the trail run!

For the calories, if you are really hungry, I'd recommend going ahead and eating something even if it does mean going over your calories, just make it something healthy like some veggies.  I'm not a nutritionist or anything, I just think it's better to add in a few cucumbers or whatever and go over than to try to not eat anything and risk caving in and eating something unhealthy like a candy bar.

Yay on all your positive outcomes! way to start strong!

*personally* I think you should be upping your calorie intake - especially if you're working out as often. Most human bodies doing regular day-in-day-out activities (i.e. not strenuous labor/workouts) need 1500 calories to keep everything running properly. Some metabolisms are different, so that will play into it. But feed that awesome machine of yours!

(also, hugs if food things are sensitive - I'm not meaning to preach, only to encourage)

Not sensitive at all, don't worry! I'm just trying to break this mental habit I have about counting calories. For a long story, it all started a couple of years ago when I first started tracking, and I wanted to lose weight quickly (the 15-16 lbs couldn't be shed quickly enough!) so I put in 2lbs/week of weight loss and was told not to exceed more than 1200 calories. I felt extremely guilt if I went even a calorie over that limit up until earlier this year when I realize that my mental state in this regard was sorely unhealthy and changed from 2lbs/week to 1lb/week to 0.5lb/week to just making sure I eat under my maintenance, which right now is at 1,520. I hate eating back any of my calories I burned from exercise, and I'm finally emotionally happy when I eat between 1,300-1,400 calories but I want to get used to eating maintenance and I know MFP cheats low when suggesting the number of calories you ought to eat. IIFYM tells me that to lose fat, I ought to be eating ~1,400 calories, and my maintenance is actually ~1,800 calories. NROLFW tells me that ~1,900 is closer to what I should be eating. Those numbers are big and scary to me, but I want to slowly up my calorie intake rather than doing it all at once, which is why one of my quests this time is 1,400-1,600 calories. Hopefully by the end of the six weeks, I'll be eating ~1,500 calories with no mental issues to the matter. I've already proven to myself that I'm at the point of my fat loss where I need to eat more to lose! The problem is all emotional though. Intellectually, I know I need to be eating more. Physically, my body wants more. Emotionally... still dealing with that. ;;;;;

Ugh. Moving sympathies. I actually have a real recurring nightmare that I think I am done packing, only to turn around and discover a whole mountain of stuff I haven't done yet. A nightmare I lived through last month. It did all get done in the end, though, so you'll get there, too.

Thanks. :love_heart: And yeah, it's something I've been feeling a lot lately, especially on Sunday when I looked around at all my empty shelves and still saw things e v e r y w h e r e that needed a box, sob. My focus whenever I get a free hour at home to do things will be to look at the non-kitchen, non-clothes, non-bathroom, non-electronics things that are yet to be packed and make decisions on whether or not I need any of it. I still have plenty of boxes to fill up, but I just don't want to deal with it anymore. ;;; Less than two weeks before the big move happens, and I suspect I only have five actual days to do anything between work and rehearsal, siiiiiiiigh.

One of my favorite things with running is exploring new lands.  Feels like an adventure.  I usually have a good sense of direction, but the streets nearby don't always conform to logic so one time I took a few turns thinking I was heading home only to be lead the wrong way thanks to a winding street.  3 miles later and I had done an impromptu 10k.  But I survived so good adventure on!  :pirate:

Yes!! It makes the runs more fun, definitely! I've gotten lost a few times when deciding, "Hm, I wonder where THIS trail leads!" and most of my run becomes, "HOW DO I GET HOME?!" and the long runs seem a lot shorter because of it. I get to the last mile of the run, when I finally figure out where I am in relation to home, and go, "Wow, I'm already almost done??? When did that happen?" I prefer the adventure runs to planned runs for this reason. B)

• Like 2

You will have to tell us how the trail works out

Catching them all from my iPad using tapatalk

Will do! I'm either going after my morning meeting (was just a liiiiiittle too cold when I got to work but it's supposed to warm up considerably throughout the day), after my afternoon meeting, or immediately after work since I got in early enough that I can take off earlier than usual. These are supposed to be popular off-site trails employees love to go to since the on-site trails are... well, decent, but not as scenic, apparently. :) Plus, my legs, I think, can use the break from running on cement and asphalt the majority of the time!

Great start. Enjoy the trail run! 

Thanks, and will do!!

Have fun on the trail run!

For the calories, if you are really hungry, I'd recommend going ahead and eating something even if it does mean going over your calories, just make it something healthy like some veggies.  I'm not a nutritionist or anything, I just think it's better to add in a few cucumbers or whatever and go over than to try to not eat anything and risk caving in and eating something unhealthy like a candy bar.

Thanks, I will! B)

Oh, I definitely try to do that. I have unsalted pistachios near my desk and carrots in the fridge for when I feel the urge to mindlessly snack... but it's the guilt of eating "too many calories" that keeps me from caving in to even the unhealthy alternatives. I'm slowly trying to break myself of my fear of eating more than 1,350 calories, which is the point where I'm pleased with how I've eaten even if it is too little for my purposes. I'm trying to get comfortable with the 1,400s first and then the 1,500s, and then I can start playing around with the bigger numbers NROLFW and IIFYM tell me I really should be eating (1800-1900, which terrifies me! I'm a pretty small person at 5'1!).

So I take it your goal isn't so much staying under your calories for the day, but rather ensuring that you at least reach the total for the day?

And I bring up the healthy snacks because yesterday I caved in to fast food ice-cream and wished I had gone home to eat something healthier instead.  One day I'll learn to take my own advice. :lol:

So I take it your goal isn't so much staying under your calories for the day, but rather ensuring that you at least reach the total for the day?

And I bring up the healthy snacks because yesterday I caved in to fast food ice-cream and wished I had gone home to eat something healthier instead.  One day I'll learn to take my own advice. :lol:

Yeah... I have a calorie range I want to reach, which is 1400-1600. I don't want to undereat, which is a bigger problem for me than overeating, but I don't want to give myself license to go overboard either. I very, very rarely have a problem with eating over my calorie limit when I'm counting, but when I'm not counting, I'm pretty sure I'm overdoing it. I figure giving myself a middle ground with a range is a good place to start; ideally, I want to be eating between 1500-1800 calories a day depending on that day's activity levels and how my body responds to how much I'm eating.

Ahahaha, I do that a lot too. "Practice what you preach" is easier said than done!

hardest thing in the world is to take your own advice

^^^ this!

I think everyone should have to move once in a while, just to have to declutter!

True enough! Nothing forces you to declutter like having to pack and unpack a bunch of things. "Ugh, do I really want to move this to the new place?" means CHUCK IT! :D Plus, it makes you realize exactly how much crap you really have!

It is amazing what you unload prior to packing because you see no point in taking it.   All that only to find unpacking more stuff to unload.  Fun.

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to run into that, too. Unpack stuff, realize I don't have anywhere to keep it, and then realize I should've spared myself the time and agony and gotten rid of it earlier. This is usually my last couple of boxes that I take months to unpack that this challenge is set up to make sure I don't do that. ;;;

good luck!

Thank you!!

Have fun on the trail!

I will! I hope. I wound up busy all day today at work so I couldn't do a mid-morning, mid-afternoon, or lunch run, so I'm headed out in half an hour to do a post-work run!

Yeah, great first day! I hope you can find a good time that works for you at the fitness center.

And yay for crockpot recipes! They make everything so much easier. :panda:

Me too! I only have one meeting tomorrow it looks like, but there's also talk of things that needs to get done in the morning, so I might be going after lunch when it's -- hopefully -- as dead as it was last Thursday after lunch. The weight stations will be allllllllllllll mine, kekeke.

They really do! Never underestimating them again. B)

• Like 1

Moving is terrible. The last place I lived, I stayed for 6 years and it was ridiculous how much stuff I accumulated. I think I ended up donating almost a car load of stuff to charity (I'm not quite sure, my mom dropped it off while I helped move stuff downstairs). 

• Like 1

Moving is always an excellent barometer of how much stuff you actually have. I do a thorough cleaning and downsizing once a year. I'm happy to say that after my last cleaning, I have downsized my stuff to where, outside of furniture, I can fit *all* my stuff in my car. :D

Reminds me of this:

• Like 3