• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blkhole24601

blkhole24601 Relocates to Amaranthine!

Or else! No milkshake for you!? :L

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

I can only think of "NO SOUP FOR YOU" and the Milkshake Nazi somehow being scarier than the Soup Nazi. :lol:

• Like 1

Android users, I hope you can get the playlists to work with Zombies, Run!!

I've never tried Zombies, Run!! app.  I haven't had any issues with the c25k rundouble app, or when I use endomondo.

I always gain a couple of pounds in between challenges. It's a thing. :)

Indeed, I am usually good for that too ;)

Week 1, Day 3

Quest #1: Keep Up the Grey Warden Training!

Stamina: 1/3

Strength: 2/3

Day 2 of the NROLFW Stage 1! And oh man, I can already tell that DOMS will set in tomorrow in a painful way. Again, details of what I did can be found in this here gdoc or in my battle log. I did discover that 10am is this amazing sweet spot to go to the fitness center at work. I walked in and was the only person there for a while, and when others started to come in, they were on the ellipticals up until I finished, got dressed, and left. I had a quiet laugh to myself about that; men on ellipticals, tiny little half-Asian girl lifting weights. True, they weren’t impressive weights by any means, but still.

And as I noted in my last post before I scurried off for the afternoon/evening, I signed up for a 10K in December, timed perfectly to fall on the second to last day of the next challenge. I’m figuring out my training plan for it right now, and I can’t decide if what I have planned will be too rigorous or not. Luckily, I have a long ways to go before I solidify anything, but I like knowing what I have coming up next!

Quest #2: Avoid Injury!

Dexterity: 3/6

More of the same stretching and yoga regimen! Took a longer time going through each of the poses and stretches purposefully.

Quest #3: Fuel Up!

Constitution: 3/6

Calories: 1,507

Carbs: 127 g (33%)

Protein: 94 g (24%)

Fat: 74 g (43%)

I broke 1500 and I don’t even feel a little bit bad about it. A cast member brought in some cookies to rehearsal and I regret nothing. I had the margin for a second one but decided against it; if I’m going to bump up close to 1600, it’s going to be for a better reason than a second cookie!

Tomorrow is going to be interesting, though. I’m going out after rehearsal so I’m cutting out my snacks to give myself allowance for having a cider and maybe something to munch on, so we’ll see how I fare throughout the day with just 1089 calories until the outing!

Life Quest: Completely Move In!

Got my utilities and Internet accounts squared away for the move! And I’m starting to panic a little bit (read: a lot a bit to the point where it’s borderline anxiety-inducing, ack!) about whether or not my current apartment will get pre-leased before I get out of here, so I’ve started making some decisions about how I’m going to approach the upcoming holiday season. Basically, I’m making a list of the very few personal purchases outside of what I need to live and work that I’m allowed to make (challenge rewards, preordering Inquisition, and race registrations) and I’m going to allow myself a certain amount of allowance a week for socializing purposes. If come October my apartment is still on the market, I might panic at the leasing office. Not that I expect them to do anything about it, but maybe I can negotiate financing options with them or something, or see if they’ll let me advertise on Craigslist, or something, idk. In the meantime, prepare for the worst and hope for the best, I guess!

---

Scouts Mini Challenge #1: Same deal as always; teeth hygiene to come as soon as I post this up! Last night it was accomplished, though I skipped the face washing after since I took a bath immediately before taking care of my teeth. (3/7)

Cutlasses Mini Challenge #1: Completed the first task of the mini-challenge, now to the second task! I may not get to it until Friday or Saturday, though...

• Like 2

Hills are fun!  Easier than purposely going out and doing intervals :)

Haha, I kind of almost prefer the intervals over the hills right now! Though I will admit that once upon a time, I did prefer hills over intervals; I thought training on hills had more practical purpose than doing intervals. They both have their purposes, I realize now, but yeah. :lol: Hills are the easier way to get your interval training in because you have little choice but to do them!

Week 1, Day 3

Calories: 1,507

Carbs: 127 g (33%)

Protein: 94 g (24%)

Fat: 74 g (43%)

I broke 1500 and I don’t even feel a little bit bad about it. A cast member brought in some cookies to rehearsal and I regret nothing. I had the margin for a second one but decided against it; if I’m going to bump up close to 1600, it’s going to be for a better reason than a second cookie!

Tomorrow is going to be interesting, though. I’m going out after rehearsal so I’m cutting out my snacks to give myself allowance for having a cider and maybe something to munch on, so we’ll see how I fare throughout the day with just 1089 calories until the outing!

Scouts Mini Challenge #1: Same deal as always; teeth hygiene to come as soon as I post this up! Last night it was accomplished, though I skipped the face washing after since I took a bath immediately before taking care of my teeth. (3/7)

Yay for getting above your 1500 cals! Yay for not caring! Yayayay!

Yay for teeth! I didn't have dental insurance for 10 years and have been going to the dentist now (I had 10 cavities, oye). Prevention is TOTALLY worht it. COmpletely. Totally. Yes.

tumblr_inline_mxs49m5o6b1qbfgy1.gif

• Like 1

Yay for getting above your 1500 cals! Yay for not caring! Yayayay!

Yay for teeth! I didn't have dental insurance for 10 years and have been going to the dentist now (I had 10 cavities, oye). Prevention is TOTALLY worht it. COmpletely. Totally. Yes.

Yes! If I can keep up this mentality I would be soooooo happy. :D

I need to make it a priority to get my teeth looked at every year. I've been so terrible about it the past few years and have paid the price for it... literally! I just finished paying off my last dental bill this month. It's been a 9-month process. ;;;;; I mean, the cavities weren't the issue (I only had two -- only two I've ever had) but gum issues are not fun........ (in which my dentist went: this is why people need to listen when we say floss goddammit just brushing doesn't prevent this nonsense!)

Yup, I went most of my life with barely any brushing routine (whenever I remembered which wasn't very often) and the dentist would always say I should brush more.  It wasn't periodental disease that cost me a bunch of money (which took me months to pay off too) and painful visits to the dentist to clear up that I finally have a dental routine in the mornings and evenings.  Now the dentist gives me compliments instead :)

Yup, I went most of my life with barely any brushing routine (whenever I remembered which wasn't very often) and the dentist would always say I should brush more.  It wasn't periodental disease that cost me a bunch of money (which took me months to pay off too) and painful visits to the dentist to clear up that I finally have a dental routine in the mornings and evenings.  Now the dentist gives me compliments instead :)

My brushing was fine, according to the dentist, but it was the flossing and the fact that I only did it the couple of days before my appointment that finally caught up to me, especially in the past eight years I've only gone to the dentist maybe three times? So in eight years I flossed maybe six times. ;;;;; Now, again, it's a bigger priority for me than my annual check-up with the doctor anymore all things considered! But I know I can make the dentist less eye-rolly at me if I just make the effort to floss every night, which you'd think I would have been more diligent about, but that's why I decided that even after the mini is over, the attribute point we're awarded I won't give myself unless I keep this up all challenge long.

Because six weeks really is what it takes to form a habit. Even in the interim between challenges and even though it's not part of my challenge this time around, I still practice singing every day and look up auditions every day out of mere habit. Keep this up through the six weeks, and it'll be habit to floss/mouthwash every night. When I see the dentist this year, I think he'll be happier than last time -- and therefore, so will I! :D

• Like 1

Looks like you are doing great so far :)  I've been getting my flossing in this week too.  I think I might just try to keep doing it so that it is a habit haha

Signed up for the Christmas Carol Classic 10K! Because I'd rather run knowing I have something to train for! Now to work on a training plan in hopes to possibly PR at this race!

(Current 10K PR: 1:01:53)

Nice!  After seeing your Rock n Roll run, I did see there was one in my area in October.  Timing wise though, I can't make it.  There is a Santa run locally, but I don't think I want to try to run in a santa outfit haha.

Looks like you are doing great so far :)  I've been getting my flossing in this week too.  I think I might just try to keep doing it so that it is a habit haha

Nice!  After seeing your Rock n Roll run, I did see there was one in my area in October.  Timing wise though, I can't make it.  There is a Santa run locally, but I don't think I want to try to run in a santa outfit haha.

Yep, that's my intentions, too! :D

Oh man, I can't even imagine trying to run in a Santa suit. Sure you can't get away with just the hat? ;) And yeah, timing is everything for a big long run like a half or full. A friend wanted me to run this cool looking alien half marathon sometime this month, but I knew I wouldn't be ready for it. Maybe next year! Though I'm already starting to plan out some halfs for next year, too. There's one in northern Spain in October 2015 my friends and I are eyeing, and then I'm looking at the RNR races and just biding my time before they announce the date for the Dublin one. It might be in August. I'll go to Dublin in August and Bilbao in October why not

Have you ever considered traveling for a race? I've never done it myself, but my friend and her husband won't run a marathon unless it's in another country, and they say it's worth it! I'm wondering if I should start taking their lead with my half marathons -- I won't run it unless it gets me at least out of the state! :lol:

Week 1, Day 4

Quest #1: Keep Up the Grey Warden Training!

Stamina: 2/3

Strength: 2/3

Ran 4.5 miles today! Took the same route as Tuesday, but I did an extra loop around the softball fields to get closer to the goal. Hills are still tough, omg. Still not a fan of them. I would have rather tried to do one of the other off-site trails, but to get there I needed to cross the street and I went out around 7am, which is the time when traffic to get on campus starts to get heavy, so I decided not to risk it. Maybe when I do a mid-day run on a cooler day.

Zombies, Run! Season 2 Episode 8 Spoilers:

Really, Six to Start, you’re just going to have Sam say begrudgingly that it was “big of Runner 5†not to raise any objections to Nadia getting reinstated? I mean, I guess the plot has to progress along, but man, I would have said, “Fine, let her have her job back, but I won’t run for her again unless Sam’s watching my back, or Archie’s with me because I know Nadia won't try to get Archie killed. Preferably, I want both Sam and Archie with me if I ever get saddled with Nadia again.†There better damn well be conditions to this because yes, actually Archie, I still do hate Nadia. :| She owes me BIG and has to make everything up to me in a spectacular fashion, I swear.

Quest #2: Avoid Injury!

Dexterity: 4/6

Didn’t do the yoga poses since after my morning run I had to go straight to the office, but I took the time throughout the day to do various stretches. I’d hoped to do the yoga at rehearsal, but when I wasn’t needed on stage I found myself resting my eyes on the floor offstage instead. I’m so exhausted you guys. ;^;

Quest #3: Fuel Up!

Constitution: 4/6

Calories: 1,564

Carbs: 147g (40%)

Protein: 83g (22%)

Fat: 63g (38%)

I wound up not skipping my snack today, and look, I still made it under 1600 gross calories. Okay, awesome. I can do this. And 1500 is not a scary number to me anymore. Tomorrow will be an interesting day since my aunt is in town and after work I’ll be heading over to my parents’ for shenanigans, but I should be okay as long as I do the same thing I did tonight: commit to one drink and be very careful about how much I’m eating of what. I know, I know, with the six days a week goal I’m technically granting myself a cheat day but I’d really rather save that for a day I don’t feel like counting my calories/it’s too much of a hassle to count, you know?

Life Quest: Completely Move In!

My Internet may not be as squared away as I would have hoped, but that’s something I’ll have to tackle tomorrow. On the bright side, I worked a bit on my finances today and I’m feeling more at ease about things on that end. I just have to be stricter from now on with how I spend my money. So, I’m giving myself a $100 weekly allowance in cash to use however I see fit; my credit card will only be used for necessities. Carryover is, of course, very much allowed. It’s a safeguard against the worst, but if the worst doesn’t come to pass, it’s still a good habit to get into, anyway!

---

Scouts Mini Challenge #1: Dental hygiene before writing up this report! Will post, then bed! (4/7)

Cutlasses Mini Challenge #1: Didn’t do anything on this front today. Maybe tomorrow.

Until tomorrow. For now, bed, because I'm not lying when I say that I'm exhausted. I can't wait to be all moved in; my life will be so much easier when that happens!!
  • Like 2

Oh man, I can't even imagine trying to run in a Santa suit. Sure you can't get away with just the hat? ;) And yeah, timing is everything for a big long run like a half or full. A friend wanted me to run this cool looking alien half marathon sometime this month, but I knew I wouldn't be ready for it. Maybe next year! Though I'm already starting to plan out some halfs for next year, too. There's one in northern Spain in October 2015 my friends and I are eyeing, and then I'm looking at the RNR races and just biding my time before they announce the date for the Dublin one. It might be in August. I'll go to Dublin in August and Bilbao in October why not

My husband did a Santa dash last year. He paid for the suit in his registration, which was very cheaply made! It was only a 5k and the suit was falling apart by the end of it! Good job he was wearing running clothes underneath. :redface-new: 

I would love to travel for a race. If my Tough Mudder goes well next year, I'm considering doing one in Central Europe. Would love to travel to the US and do one but might be a bit too much! RNR race in Dublin you say? Hmm, that's only a short plane ride away for me! May have to consider that.

Well done on doing 4.5 miles! You are doing so well, keep it up!

My general sentiments for the day:

2436074097_1b6296344b.jpg

My hectic schedule is finally starting to get the better of me. I'm sitting here at work, absently staring at NF and knowing I ought to be responding to threads and attempting to when I can but... yeah, no, my brain isn't functioning. The tea I'm sipping on is helping, but this is going to be an unproductive day all around. Actual work work may be an impossibility. I may go to the fitness center earlier than I'd intended to see if a workout will kickstart my brain into gear, but man, when you're basically nonstop from 5am to 10pm everyday, and then until 1am last night (slept until about 7am to try to help, for what good that seems to have done me ;;; )... yeah, it'll get to you, sigh. But I have every intentions of lifting today! Hopefully I can do my 8 miles tomorrow but if it has to be on Sunday instead, it has to be on Sunday instead.

My husband did a Santa dash last year. He paid for the suit in his registration, which was very cheaply made! It was only a 5k and the suit was falling apart by the end of it! Good job he was wearing running clothes underneath. :redface-new:

I would love to travel for a race. If my Tough Mudder goes well next year, I'm considering doing one in Central Europe. Would love to travel to the US and do one but might be a bit too much! RNR race in Dublin you say? Hmm, that's only a short plane ride away for me! May have to consider that.

Well done on doing 4.5 miles! You are doing so well, keep it up!

:lol: That sounds fantastic, actually! I'm betting it was really light material too so it didn't encumber his running, too?

One of my dreams is to go and sign up for a half in Japan and run that, but every so often I'd check on the minimum time to complete and I just laugh and go, "ahahahahaha noooooot yet." Starting after this upcoming half, I'm going to really dedicate myself to increasing my speed, so maybe it won't be something I go #lolnope sooner rather than never! Central Europe would be another great place to do a race, too! And yep, they just finished their 2014 RNR about a month and a half ago, so they haven't announced the 2015 date yet, but soon! There's also one in Liverpool and in Madrid, but since I'm thinking about doing one in Bilbao, Madrid will have to wait. If I don't get to do Dublin for timing reasons, I may do the Liverpool one. ^_^

Thanks!! 8 miles at some point this weekend. Eek!

The Christmas race sounds exciting!

Catching them all from my iPad using tapatalk

I'm actually super excited about it. I was debating between that one and another 5K/10K race closer to my new apartment, but the Christmas Carol Classic won for two main reasons: I get a finisher's medal and it's right next to the nature and science museum, and I may decide to take a trip there since I haven't been all year yet, which is blasphemy for me! Plus, professional carolers, can't go wrong there, either! :D

You are tearing it up this challenge...so far so awesome!  Oh 8 miles will be fun this weekend!  That Christmas Carol race looks fun.  Expect to see a picture of you in a Santa suit or as an elf or reindeer.  Might as well make it even more memorable!

:lol: That sounds fantastic, actually! I'm betting it was really light material too so it didn't encumber his running, too?

Yeah, it was made of a light felt sort of material. It didn't impede his running, he still shot round in about 23mins! I'm so jealous of his running speed!

One of my dreams is to go and sign up for a half in Japan and run that, but every so often I'd check on the minimum time to complete and I just laugh and go, "ahahahahaha noooooot yet." Starting after this upcoming half, I'm going to really dedicate myself to increasing my speed, so maybe it won't be something I go #lolnope sooner rather than never! Central Europe would be another great place to do a race, too! And yep, they just finished their 2014 RNR about a month and a half ago, so they haven't announced the 2015 date yet, but soon! There's also one in Liverpool and in Madrid, but since I'm thinking about doing one in Bilbao, Madrid will have to wait. If I don't get to do Dublin for timing reasons, I may do the Liverpool one. ^_^

Thanks!! 8 miles at some point this weekend. Eek!

What sort of time limit do they put on RNR races? Madrid sounds nice, as long as it's not too hot!

Good luck on the 8 miles, I'm sure you'll smash it!

You are tearing it up this challenge...so far so awesome!  Oh 8 miles will be fun this weekend!  That Christmas Carol race looks fun.  Expect to see a picture of you in a Santa suit or as an elf or reindeer.  Might as well make it even more memorable!

Thanks! I'm excited about that 8 miles, though after my 7 mile run a couple of weeks ago I know I'm going to have to prepare differently than I have been for my long runs so far. I guess it's time to get into my half routine and figure out what foods will work best for me before heading out! It used to be toast with a banana, but I'm at the point where I don't see any reason to buy bread anymore since I've gotten so picky with ingredients list that I barely get halfway through a loaf before it starts molding! Maybe half a bagel instead...?

Haha, I'll try to think of something awesome and creative! I have Santa and elf hats in one of my holiday decoration boxes, hmmm~

• Like 2

Yeah, it was made of a light felt sort of material. It didn't impede his running, he still shot round in about 23mins! I'm so jealous of his running speed!

What sort of time limit do they put on RNR races? Madrid sounds nice, as long as it's not too hot!

Good luck on the 8 miles, I'm sure you'll smash it!

Oh mannnnnn I want to someday be able to run a 5K in 23 minutes! Just did the math... to do that, I'd have to sprint the entire time since that's my current sprint pace!

I think it largely depends on where it is and city ordinances/permits and such, and I haven't looked at the European times, but I know in Denver for the RNR it's 6 hours for a full marathon and 3-3.5 hours for a half? Japan doesn't currently have RNR races (yet???) but their limits are not as ridiculous as Boston, but pretty close! It may have changed since then, but I remember looking at the Tokyo Marathon and thinking, "Man, at the pace I'd run, instead of finishing mid-pack I'd be the last one if I'd even finish!

Thank you!! :D

Gosh I was able to eat anything until I crossed the 10 mile mark.  I would munch on raisins during cool down and could eat most anything for breakfast.  Honestly I do not much on anything during the long runs at all.  I take green tea with a bit of honey since it is tasty and water since anything over 10 miles is 2.5 hours of trodding along.  Before heading out I enjoy eggs, some avacado, and fruit.  No breads.  Last time I had breads before heading out my gut said "um no!".  When we have bread it is stuff we make so we can add wheat germ and other things.  It is so different for everyone and I think that is the fun of it.  Hearing what others do and trying to figure out what works for me.

Gosh I was able to eat anything until I crossed the 10 mile mark.  I would munch on raisins during cool down and could eat most anything for breakfast.  Honestly I do not much on anything during the long runs at all.  I take green tea with a bit of honey since it is tasty and water since anything over 10 miles is 2.5 hours of trodding along.  Before heading out I enjoy eggs, some avacado, and fruit.  No breads.  Last time I had breads before heading out my gut said "um no!".  When we have bread it is stuff we make so we can add wheat germ and other things.  It is so different for everyone and I think that is the fun of it.  Hearing what others do and trying to figure out what works for me.

If I'm running less than 60 minutes, I normally don't eat anything before setting off at all and enjoy eggs and maybe toast with almond butter after the run. Over 60 minutes, I try to make sure I eat something light before going out, though it was only during marathon training I began taking food out with me to energize myself during the run itself. I forgot what my threshold was for that, but it was never anything I worried about until I started training for the full marathon so I don't think I'll ever bring out food with me unless my body starts screaming at me during one of my long runs. I will be bringing water, though! It was one of the things I found I needed nearing the end of the 7 mile run, so I guess I found my limit for that, too!

Yep, everyone is different and that's part of the fun, exactly! I do enjoy reading how everyone fuels up to prepare for a long run. ^_^ I love breads and pastas and rice which is the #1 reason I could never commit to paleo (I can limit my grain intake, which I have been, but eliminate it? No, I can't.) and my body can handle the gluten and I think depends upon it for my long runs, but I can experiment with less/none of it prior to heading out. Avocado... that sounds like an interesting pre-run food, I might have to give it a try sometime! 

We definitely are not paleo but I have found I feel better and have more umpf with eating less grains.  We watch ingredients for sure and are pretty critical of what we see as real food.  Rice once a week or twice a week happens but then last week no rice at all.  I had left over spag this morning with crushed tomatos and grilled chicken breast for breakfast.   Budget wise it helps extend meals and can still be healthy for us but how I used to eat it was making me sick too.   Like fueling before different runs, it is definitely an experiment on how you feel and function.  

I used to believe I had to have snacks and crud on me because of how long I am out on long runs (again not far just slow here but hey everyone has a different starting point!).  Then I realized, nah, that stuff is distracting.  I am sure as my distances and paces progress my needs will definitely change as well.  Don't laugh too hard but I also like to have our homemade refried beans with an egg before long runs too.  We sprout dried beans and then cook them in a crockpot for a long time.  To make our refried beans we sprout beans and cook them with little to no fat.  Tasty as all get out!  But yes I can eat refried beans with an egg, sometimes an 1/2 an avacado, and then run without gut issues.  LOL