• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman’s 10th: Running my way into the Scouts!

Sorry about the doc and the bloodwork stuff :(  At least you've got YOUR ducks in a row, ya know?  And true, fasting can't hurt ;)

Yeah, the extra fasting is fine anyways :)

Doctors these days, what is wrong with them. Maybe they aren't doing the HIGHLANDER enough

Seriously!  Which reminds me, I am going to hit up some Highlander workouk today. :)

So last night, I went to the gym.  It was actually pretty busy.  I went in anyway.  Pretty much all the bench press stuff was taken.  I was thinking of setting for some machine weight.  I fought the urge to just go do treadmill or something.  Instead, I grabbed a 25lb dumbbell, and did some bent over rows.  4 sets of 15 for each arm.  Then I probably could have done something else, but I figured it was a good enough start.  I did do some cardio work, but I decided I wasn't setting for treadmill cardio.  Instead I went to the stair machine.  Didn't go very long.  The machine said I climbed about 20 stories before I stopped. 

So maybe I will try again on Friday.

Today I got my bloodwork done, yay.  So I'll be curious to see the results.  Going to go hit up a walk with my kid soon.  Then I have bowling tonight, the highlanger workout, and a 20 minute fartlek run.  :)

• Like 1

omg, the stair machine is a killer, so that's awesome you did it! 20 stories is -- to me anyway -- quite impressive! I'm always having to make a calculated decision on whether or not I want to go up the four stories from the ground floor of my building to my floor, or just take the elevator instead (and I get nervous in elevators, too!). ;;;; So kickass day!!

• Like 1

Oh, stair machine... You are a beast!!

Congrats on tackling the gym while it was busy, sounds like that was a win for you :)

Yup, even though I didn't do much for a workout, I count it as a win for doing something at least ;)

Stair machines are ass kickers. Sounds like a productive day. Good job!

Overall, it wasn't too bad.

omg, the stair machine is a killer, so that's awesome you did it! 20 stories is -- to me anyway -- quite impressive! I'm always having to make a calculated decision on whether or not I want to go up the four stories from the ground floor of my building to my floor, or just take the elevator instead (and I get nervous in elevators, too!). ;;;; So kickass day!!

Yeah, I am not sure how accurate that might be.  I didn't seem too difficult, but it wasn't easy either.  

Good job jumping into a busy gym and getting some stuff done.  It's tough getting started, personally I find Globo-Gyms very intimidating.

ben-stiller-dodgeball.jpg

Yeah, I hate going in there when it is super packed.  Of course right after I started doing my dumbbell rows, I had people suddenly fill up the benches next to me.  Overall, it was fine though.

So with a great day I had for the gym, the next day was pretty fail.  Yesterday I felt completely exhausted.  I don't know if it was just lack of sleep or what.  It caught up with my yesterday.  Even my kid didn't want to go for a walk in the morning.  I did bowl decent though.  I didn't get walking in, and I didn't get my fartlek run in.  I guess week 3 caught up to me and said hello haha.

On to better news.

I am officially not taking my Diabetes medicine anymore :D  The doctors appointment went great today.  She said she was claiming me as one of her success stories haha.  Since starting to see her I have dropped 100lbs.  I think I am like 136lbs grand total form my heaviest weight.

So she gave me the choice if I wanted to lower the dosage, or get of completely.  I still do have to take my other meds for now, but at least I got to drop one.  I'll do labwork every 3 months for a bit to make sure everything is going well.

So yay happy day :)  I even got a Flu shot while I was there.

• Like 2

So with a great day I had for the gym, the next day was pretty fail.  Yesterday I felt completely exhausted.  I don't know if it was just lack of sleep or what.  It caught up with my yesterday.  Even my kid didn't want to go for a walk in the morning.  I did bowl decent though.  I didn't get walking in, and I didn't get my fartlek run in.  I guess week 3 caught up to me and said hello haha.

I know that, it gives the saying "feeling under the weather" it's meaning I suppose. I got this sometimes when weather is changing repeatedly from hot to cold or sunny to rainy and such. It's just "those days", so don't feel bad about it, we are people and not machines ;).

On to better news.

I am officially not taking my Diabetes medicine anymore :D  The doctors appointment went great today.  She said she was claiming me as one of her success stories haha.  Since starting to see her I have dropped 100lbs.  I think I am like 136lbs grand total form my heaviest weight.

So she gave me the choice if I wanted to lower the dosage, or get of completely.  I still do have to take my other meds for now, but at least I got to drop one.  I'll do labwork every 3 months for a bit to make sure everything is going well.

So yay happy day :)  I even got a Flu shot while I was there.

This is sooo great, I feel really happy for you, seems like you made real big progress. Getting of your diabetes medicine is huge, and also is loosing 136 lbs. Well, keep that great work going!

Okay I am still stuck on the stair machine.  I one a couple decades ago.  It was great to hang plants on by the window and clothes to dry.  ha ha ha  

Excellent news from the doctor.  You are doing amazing.

So I set an appointment for the lab tomorrow morning.  I can just go in and skip the line.  I just have to talk to my doctor.  So I sent her an email, and get a reply back that she is out of office all day today. 

Wow, same thing happened to me today.  I'm supposed to get paperwork mailed to me so I can bring that and get bloodwork done for my appointment at the end of the month.

Congrats on dropping the Diabetes meds!!  Also, down 136lbs!! That's a small person!! Holy Crap! You Rock!!

Thanks :)  Yeah, it is really crazy to think how much weight I have lost so far.  Still have plenty to go too haha.

Wow, what an amazing success!! Take that, diabetes!! And THAT!!

:D  They day they gave me the meds, the only thing I could think of was that I needed to get off them as quick as I can.  I'm on other stuff, but I would really like to get rid of those too at some point.

Okay I am still stuck on the stair machine.  I one a couple decades ago.  It was great to hang plants on by the window and clothes to dry.  ha ha ha  

Excellent news from the doctor.  You are doing amazing.

:)  I was thinking I should try to go tackle it again

Wow, same thing happened to me today.  I'm supposed to get paperwork mailed to me so I can bring that and get bloodwork done for my appointment at the end of the month.

Man, that sucks.  Hopefully, it all works out though.

I know that, it gives the saying "feeling under the weather" it's meaning I suppose. I got this sometimes when weather is changing repeatedly from hot to cold or sunny to rainy and such. It's just "those days", so don't feel bad about it, we are people and not machines ;).

This is sooo great, I feel really happy for you, seems like you made real big progress. Getting of your diabetes medicine is huge, and also is loosing 136 lbs. Well, keep that great work going!

Thanks.  It felt like a pretty great moment :)

Ok, so I have been gone for a couple of weeks.  I guess it's been sort of a mixed bag of things.  

My last run was on the 6th.  It was not a good run either.  Other then that, I really have done no exercise.  My Dad and his wife flew in from St. Louis on Wednesday the 8th.  So I was spending time with them.  I gave myself the time off when i really could have still fit some things in there.  They borrowed our car to go visit my sister and brother.  They will be back to our place on the 21st or 22nd I think.  

Saturday we went to watch the San Jose Sharks hockey game.  It was a great time, but it seems like I lost my fitbit there :(  I am in contact with fitbit now, so maybe they will just replace it for me.  Otherwise, I'll wait to get a new one.

Eating has not been the greatest either.  I let myself eat poorly on more then one occasion.  Even yesterday it seemed like I needed to eat all the candy.

But, enough already.  

Today I am back.  No tracker to count my steps (maybe I need to charge up the jawbone up again).  Still though, i know about how much walking I need to do to get 10k.  I am going to be much better with my food this week.  I need to just get back into my normal eating routine again.  Plus, it's time to get those workouts done!

• Like 2

No tracker to count my steps (maybe I need to charge up the jawbone up again).  Still though, i know about how much walking I need to do to get 10k.  I am going to be much better with my food this week.  I need to just get back into my normal eating routine again.  Plus, it's time to get those workouts done!

Final Week - Final Push

• Like 1

Well, I should probably check in.

At best, I would give myself like a 50% on this challenge.  I had a good start, but pretty much during week 3 I let it all unravel.  I did have some minor comebacks, but overall it was pretty fail.

I did follow through with my last day challenge though.  Sunday I walked during the day.  Things came up to prevent me from doing my second walk on the day.  So I did it after running.  So 5k plus about 2 miles of walking afterwards.  I got over 20,000 steps in one day :)  21,819 steps.  10.49 miles.

I did lose my fitbit this challenge, and fitbit sent me a replacement :)  I had computer issues.  My Dad and step mom came to visit.  I got down to 257, and back up to 266.  I am cruising the 260 spot right now.  

So I suppose I have been having many self sabotage days.  Next challenge I am going on vacation.  8th to the 15th to be specific.  I will have internet though, so I will be checking in.  We have already been planning meals and such, so it isn't an all out eat out every night ;)

I am also considering following a training plan for doing a 10k.  Just to try to give myself some structure to follow.

Food tracking went well for the most part, but I need to eat better overall.  So I might need to work on something to get me there.  Making cooking weekends so I have the convenient of having quick heat up food during the week etc.

Overall, I am disappointed that I did so poorly this challenge, when I thought i would totally rock it.

Yea, sounds like you had a tough time. Do you think the goals are too massive to be doing at the same time? Perhaps slimming one down a bit so the energy you give to the whole challenge is spread more evenly? A thought.

We're doing a interim challenge if you want in?