Ain't no challenge like a level 1 challenge. balesom's in!

balesom

Main Quest: Decrease weight to 260 pounds, while increasing overall fitness levels.

Quest 1: Flexibility: Practice Yoga 3-4 times a week.

A - 22 days

B - 19 days

C - 16 days

Quest 2: Cardio via mechanics: Bicycle 3 times a week

A - 18 days

B - 15 days

C - 12 days

Quest 3 - Old fashioned cardio: Walking twice a week

A - 12 days

B - 10 days

C - 8 days

Motivation: I want to get back into swing dancing. My current weight and fitness level are great hindrances to my return, and I'd like to not injure myself the first time back on the dance floor. I do feel like I'm going a bit easy with this challenge, but I do have a tendency to overdo things and end up with strained muscles early on. I'm taking it slow this time, and easing my way into doing more things.

• Like 1

balesom

Race: Gray Elf | Class: Assassin

Level 2 | Str: 1 / Dex: 2 / Sta: 2 / Con: 2 / Wis: 2 / Cha: 2

Current Challenge: None.

Past Challenges: #1 #2

PVP Challenges: No Soda (started 10/30/14 | restarted 3/8/16)

Main Quest: Lose 21.5 pounds (Start: 281.5 | Current: 276.5 | Goal: 260)

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

Ended due to stomach flu, drank 7up to settle stomach (and it didn't work!).

100%
100%

i love dancing so i know exactly what you mean.

You might notice that i've added a Scouts' tag to your thread.  This isn't to pigeonhole you into particular guild, but rather to bring one of their ambassadors here to offer you encouragement, support or advice.  Your goals this challenge fit well with the overall spirit of their guild and you are more than welcome to pop into their Tavern and introduce yourself to them.  You are also more than welcome to pop me a message anytime. 

Good Luck

AB xx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hello , I’m T2Sarahconnor Ambassador for the Adventurer’s.

Welcome to the rebellion!

If you’re interested in finding more tips, stories, and motivation from Adventurers that have similar goals to yours head on over to the Adventurer’s Tavern where you’ll find people always willing to chat. If you’d like to talk to me you can either check out my current challenge ( link in my signature) or pm me on the board. If you have any questions on how to use the forums, check out this tutorial. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50975-how-to-pm-and-follow/

Also if you like the Matrix movies I am doing a Level 1 accountabuddies group to help us all connect and support each other.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53850-level-1s-take-the-red-pill/

I’ll be following your topic here as well so you’ll probably see me again anyway.

Good Luck!

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Hey there fellow red pill! Glad to see you join the challenge. I think going with an easier challenge is a great plan. My philosophy is to always set myself up for success and it looks like you've done that. It's better to succeed small so you keep on moving forward.

I've subbed to join your cheering squad.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't said much, I don't usually have all that much to say. That being said, I have stuff to say! Day one update!

My quest completion is now Yoga 1/22, Bicycling 0/18, and Walking 0/12, but I may attempt one of the other two workouts this evening when it cools down.

As for food, I've noticed that I am watching my food more now (even if it isn't the healthiest):

Lunch: 6" oven roasted chicken breast from Subway

On the road: 12oz Pepsi

Dinner: Two chicken breast sandwiches with avocado and 12oz Dr Pepper, and possibly watermelon (still debating)

I know I should eat breakfast, but I'm not usually awake at that time. If I am, it's because I have work that day. As for the soda, I'm trying to cut that off completely, but was getting what I thought was a caffeine headache... turns out to be a headache from my new glasses. So hopefully my soda intake will be down to 0-1 a day.

• Like 2

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

No Soda Challenge: 365 days | Total: 493 days (October 30, 2014 - March 7, 2016)

100%
100%

0-1 sodas sound like a good goal! I always try to keep a water bottle with me to pre-empt the temptation.

I also hate adjusting to new prescriptions, I love being able to see but the first few days always suck a little.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

0-1 sodas sound like a good goal! I always try to keep a water bottle with me to pre-empt the temptation.

I also hate adjusting to new prescriptions, I love being able to see but the first few days always suck a little.

I've never had trouble adjusting to a new pair until my previous pair, where the ones before broke and I was wearing contacts for a week until the new pair came in. When they did, it was a headache as soon as I put them on. This pair, it seems to be more bothersome when they're light (I broke down and got transitions again). But I'll probably be fine in a few days. The power usually doesn't change, just the astigmatism, which drives me up a wall.

Soda is my biggest challenge. I didn't even bother to list it as a quest at this point because it would just end in failure. Maybe when I'm healthier in other areas it'll be easier to cut out.

Oddly enough, I used to not have a problem not drinking soda. I could probably cut it cold turkey and be mostly fine, but these days the carbonation is actually making me feel full quicker, so it's kind of a trade-off of strictly eating healthy or feeling full the rest of the day/night. That, and two twelve packs mysteriously appeared at the house today, so hopefully they disappear before I get tempted for another.

• Like 1

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

I drink 16oz coffee in the morning with just enough creamer to make it good but not super sweet. Then, if I am really caving it, one 12oz coke and water the rest of the day. In the past month i have had 6 sodas. It was a struggle the first week but now I'm good. Sometimes i add a squeeze of lemon juice to my water.

Amdhiel, flavored soda water? I can safely say I've never tried it, I didn't know it existed. I must check this out next time I go to the store.

Caramel, thank you. I tried coming up with something witty for walking as well, but kinda dropped the ball. But I do enjoy my cardio via mechanics.

Mahta, I hate coffee, though. As in, can't even stand the smell of it. So I think I'm going to have to start buying up more boxes for unsweetened tea.

• Like 1

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

This is my favorite carbonated drink ever - http://www.lacroixwater.com/

Totally calorie free, sugar free, and no additives except for natural fruit flavoring!  It's an awesome replacement for soda, which I rarely have at all anymore.

Good luck with your goals, I know you'll kick butt!! :)

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Amdhiel, flavored soda water? I can safely say I've never tried it, I didn't know it existed. I must check this out next time I go to the store.

I know it sounds kind of weird but in my book it's kind of the best thing evah!! I've been seriously thinking about getting a soda stream just for this purpose. I normally pick up the Trader Joe's brand or around here they sell Karblum. I get Lime or Lemon but the orange variety is good if you're craving a little extra sweet.

Totally calorie free, sugar free, and no additives except for natural fruit flavoring!  It's an awesome replacement for soda, which I rarely have at all anymore.

I'll have to see if I can find this around here so I can try it.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Well, I may have to take your word on Lacroix Water for now. But they sell it in the town I go to school at, so I may be able to pick some up and try it in the next couple days!

I know it sounds kind of weird but in my book it's kind of the best thing evah!! I've been seriously thinking about getting a soda stream just for this purpose. I normally pick up the Trader Joe's brand or around here they sell Karblum. I get Lime or Lemon but the orange variety is good if you're craving a little extra sweet.

The only down side of where I live is that the closest Trader Joe's is about 45 minutes to an hour away. Same with Fresh & Easy and Whole Foods. So unless I'm specifically making a trip down there for stuff, I don't usually make it near Trader Joe's.

• Like 1

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

I'm sure the grocery store you normally go to has flavored soda water. Check in the isle with bottled water :D that's where I normally find it. I'd say try Target or whatever but I know I haven't found it at Target unless I'm just blind and missed it. I don't think I've ever looked for it a Wal-Mart since I avoid that place.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Hi everybody!

I wasn't on yesterday except to make one post, I was a bit stressed. Had a sign language exam that I didn't study for (but I never study for sign language, so you'd think I'd be used to it by now). Anyways, two day update!

Tuesday

Lunch: Turkey burger, fruit.

Dinner: 1.5 Chicken breast sandwiches (pretty much the same as Monday, just one bun was half sized). Two 12oz Dr Peppers.

Snack: 6" oven roasted chicken breast from Subway.

Exercise: 1.18 mile walk, of which my ankle hated me for over half of it. But it's been feeling pretty good after a soak and relaxation.

Wednesday

Lunch: 12" oven roasted chicken breast from Subway. One 12oz Dr Pepper.

Dinner: Veggie wrap and broccoli cheese soup from Togo's. One 20oz Dr Pepper, one 20oz sugar-free lemonade.

Snack: I'm hoping nothing, that veggie wrap and soup were filling.

Exercise: Yoga (day 2 of 30 day challenge), 6.59 mile bicycle ride.

Regarding bicycling, I have a question. I'm sure there's a better place to ask, and I'm going to look as soon as I post this, but I thought I'd ask in case someone reading this knows before I get there.

When trying to find the amount of calories burned while biking, I'm finding it difficult to get a straight answer. Endomondo only gives the options of transport cycling and sport cycling. MyFitnessPal gives multiple options based on speed, from <10mph to >20mph. However, MFP has <10mph listed as leisure riding, and it has about a 200 calorie difference from Endomondo's transport cycling option on this ride. I ride a single-speed beach cruiser, averaged 9.38mph on today's ride, and it felt like anything but a leisurely ride. Any advice on all this?

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

Hey baelsom, I like the look of your challenge, not crazy hard but very solid goals!

As for figuring calories, I don't know how to figure for biking, I would guess that some sort of GPS app would be the best, since it can take into consideration the factors in your particular ride such as speed and elevation changes. I know RunKeeper syncs with MFP and, despite the name, it has the ability to track cycling activity.

• Like 1

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Hey balesom! Great to see you pop in and update. Make sure you take care of your ankle!  I'm not much of a biker so you may want to ask your question here

Thank you! If it's not my ankle, it's my knee. If I was doing something more difficult than yoga, it would be my shoulder. I'm falling apart over here!

Hey baelsom, I like the look of your challenge, not crazy hard but very solid goals!

As for figuring calories, I don't know how to figure for biking, I would guess that some sort of GPS app would be the best, since it can take into consideration the factors in your particular ride such as speed and elevation changes. I know RunKeeper syncs with MFP and, despite the name, it has the ability to track cycling activity.

I may have to check out RunKeeper. I use the Endomondo app, but it seems like it may have my calorie burn a bit higher than it should be.

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

So Thursday was a bad day. Got an exam back that seemed easy. My grade says otherwise. Glad I got some morning yoga in, or I would've blown off the rest of the day.

Lunch: Turkey burger with fruit.

Dinner: Three homemade refried pinto bean/potato burritos, one 12oz Dr Pepper.

Late night snack (roughly 2am): Fiber One bar (oats and chocolate)

Exercise: Yoga (day 3 of the challenge), bicycling roughly a half mile.

About the bicycling, I was going to go on a late night ride with my friend. One of his gears seized after riding four feet. Both of my tires felt like they were really low, so I may need to replace both tires. Again. Wasn't a good night, either. So I made up for it by working out my thumbs on GTA Online. But on the plus side, I've weighed in this week a pound down!

• Like 2

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

Ugh, bad days are gonna happen. But you're down a pound and that is great!!! Small victories mean you're doing the right thing!

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Sorry I haven't said much lately, spent half of yesterday down.

Food: Bowl of cheerios, banana ice cream with cookie dough and peanut butter cup, chicken caesar wrap, peanut butter and honey sandwich, tortilla, 12oz Dr Pepper (only one this time).

Exercise: None.

That being said, I need to go kick my own ass for yesterday in the form of yoga, make something to eat because I've been wrangling the pets for their yearly shots today, and then go see about my bike situation.

• Like 1

balesom

On Hiatus... sorry.

100%
100%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines