BlimeyCharlie joins The Avengers Initiative

Charlie_Quinn

Wow, you are ROCKING this challenge! Way to go with your 10k, that is so amazing! Well done and I'm super proud of you!

blogheader.jpg
Some awesomeness for you from 4 of my favourite fandoms!

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

So glad yesterday was a rest day, I was exhausted! Didn't get home till really late last night due to delays on the underground - had to take 4 trains to get home instead of the usual 2. I still managed to get some cooking done for the week when I got home. Got spicy chicken and coconut rice with vegetables for lunch today. Yummy.

Had a crap nights sleep last night, didn't manage to get up for the gym this morning so will be going this evening. The rangers mini this week is to get PR in something so going to try and hit a new PR on my deadlift.

Starting to think about the next challenge already! I really really need to get some swimming lessons in soon but cash flow has been a bit poor of late. I might see if I can go to the pool once a week anyway just to start getting myself used to the water again. I can swim (just about), but I've had a big fear of being submerged under water all my life. My dad had a sister who drowned in the canal aged 6. He was only 4 years old and saw the whole thing happen. I was the first girl born into the family after she died and my grandma and dad were understandably very over protective of me, especially around water. I often wonder why my dad didn't just teach me to swim so history wouldn't repeat itself. But then fear and grief don't make you act rationally. Anyway, I can't blame him. I could have done something a long time ago to get over this and haven't. Now is the time to do something about that.

Wow, you are ROCKING this challenge! Way to go with your 10k, that is so amazing! Well done and I'm super proud of you!

blogheader.jpg
Some awesomeness for you from 4 of my favourite fandoms!

Thank you so much! ^ This is awesome by the way! Your support means so much to me, I can't even begin to say how much (I'm really not good at expressing myself!). I think if I didn't have the support of you guys I would have quit by now. 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Awesome job on your race! Sorry to hear about your family's loss.  It can be difficult over coming a fear like that.  One of the ladies I train with also had a fear of being submerged.  She trained using a snorkel, so that she could still breath fairly normally as she got used to her face being in the water.  Don't know if it would help you or not, but it might be worth trying.

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

So glad yesterday was a rest day, I was exhausted! Didn't get home till really late last night due to delays on the underground - had to take 4 trains to get home instead of the usual 2. I still managed to get some cooking done for the week when I got home. Got spicy chicken and coconut rice with vegetables for lunch today. Yummy.

Had a crap nights sleep last night, didn't manage to get up for the gym this morning so will be going this evening. The rangers mini this week is to get PR in something so going to try and hit a new PR on my deadlift.

Starting to think about the next challenge already! I really really need to get some swimming lessons in soon but cash flow has been a bit poor of late. I might see if I can go to the pool once a week anyway just to start getting myself used to the water again. I can swim (just about), but I've had a big fear of being submerged under water all my life. My dad had a sister who drowned in the canal aged 6. He was only 4 years old and saw the whole thing happen. I was the first girl born into the family after she died and my grandma and dad were understandably very over protective of me, especially around water. I often wonder why my dad didn't just teach me to swim so history wouldn't repeat itself. But then fear and grief don't make you act rationally. Anyway, I can't blame him. I could have done something a long time ago to get over this and haven't. Now is the time to do something about that.

Thank you so much! ^ This is awesome by the way! Your support means so much to me, I can't even begin to say how much (I'm really not good at expressing myself!). I think if I didn't have the support of you guys I would have quit by now. 

I know exactly what you mean, and have the same feels! Always happy to send some happy vibes your way. You rock!

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Gahhh! I hate hate HATE the gym in the evening! It's always so busy but last night really took the piss. I'm not kidding, I had to wait 15 mins just to use a set of dumbbells! I couldn't get a look in at any of the 3 lat pull down stations and all of the Olympic bars were in use so couldn't do a single deadlift. 

All I managed to get done was lunges, shoulder press and swiss ball crunch. I made up for the lat pull down by doing some assisted and negative chin ups when I got home.

Whenever I'm debating not getting up in the morning, I'm going to have to remember how sucky this workout was, to push me to my lazy arse out of bed. 

4059-hulk-sad.jpg

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

Not had much to report over the last few days. Went to the gym yesterday for 2nd strength training session of the week. Went well, improved a bit on the seated cable row, but otherwise it was business as usual.

Eating wasn't great for a few days but back on track now. I had normal mashed potatoes on Wednesday night (made with soya milk due to lactose intolerance) and the next day my stomach looked like I'd eaten a balloon. I guess we can add potatoes to the list of things I'm not eating again. That list is starting to get long!

I feel like I'm in a good routine with the lifting now. It never feels like a chore, like the running does. I'm only going to run twice a week now and one of those will be an interval session, as New Rules of Lifting recommends doing some form of interval training. I don't really need to do much running for Tough Mudder. The gaps between the obstacles are never very long so no need to build up to a big distance.

Hope everyone else has had a good week, only 1 more to go!

2020 Races: 

I guess we can add potatoes to the list of things I'm not eating again. That list is starting to get long!

Yeah, at this rate anything that has sugar, grains, or dairy want to actively kill me from the inside.  2 years ago? Whole large cheese pizza for dinner and 5 donuts for breakfast.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. Had quite a busy one and had to move my workout schedule around a bit. Haven't actually managed any running this week but did all my strength training sessions and pull up training. I managed to get a PR on my deadlift (1 x 50kg) today! Oh Yeah!

My hubby and I were messing around earlier and he dared me to give him a piggy back. He's over 6 foot and weighs about 180 pounds. I picked him up and carried him about 10 steps. I don't think he was expecting that!

Yeah, at this rate anything that has sugar, grains, or dairy want to actively kill me from the inside.  2 years ago? Whole large cheese pizza for dinner and 5 donuts for breakfast.

I know what you mean. When I was in my mid twenties, my best friend and I would buy a tub of Ben & Jerry's each, as well as bags of kettle chips and other snacks and would eat them all in one night. I could do that and not have any ill effects the next day. If I tried that now, well, I don't even want to say what would happen to me, but it wouldn't be pretty! Strangely, my lactose intolerance only kicked in in my late twenties and other foods have only just started to make me feel sick. My brother has just hit 25 and has started to have a bad reaction to lactose and my mum said recently that she developed problems digesting certain foods in recent years. I don't know if this sort of thing is hereditary, but it seems too much of a co-incidence.

Only one week to go! 

2020 Races: 

Not got much to report but thought I'd do a quick update anyway, work is unbelievably dull today! New Rules program is going well, really enjoying it and seeing some good improvements. Got a bit of funny story from the gym yesterday. I was in the squat rack just starting my 2nd set of squats. Headphones in and not paying attention to what's going on around me, so I didn't notice the cleaner coming up behind me with the vacuum cleaner. I lift up the bar, step back, squat down and all of a sudden, the cleaner starts vacuuming the space between my legs! Needless to say, this made me jump out of my skin; not good when you've got a 32.5kg barbell on your back! I have no idea how I managed to stop crashing to the floor, but somehow I managed - with quite a wobble - to push myself upright and put the bar back. The cleaner was completely oblivious to what she had done, and toddled off to destroy someone else's sets with her instrument of mayhem. I least I managed to finish my sets after she was gone!

I really can't believe how much better I'm feeling since I've changed my diet. I'm sleeping better at night, I'm more alert during the day and I haven't felt bloated or sluggish at all. 

I'm starting to see some changes in my body shape now, my jeans are starting to get really loose! I brought some 28" waist jeans about 6 months ago and they are hanging off me. I can actually take them off without undoing them! I've taken some pictures but I haven't had the guts to put them up on here yet. Might see how I feel at the end of the challenge.

• Like 4

2020 Races: 

OMG!  I can't believe the cleaner did that!!! Good recovery, though.  And congrats on the looser jeans!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Got derailed at the end of last week due to "That time of the month". Never mind, pretty happy with how the challenge went, but could have done better in some areas. 

Full write-up later.

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

End of challenge report! 

It's been a bit of a mixed bag this challenge. I'm reasonably happy with what I've achieved. I'm not quite ready to join the Avengers, but give me time.....

Pull myself up from the ledge / Do at least 1 unassisted chin up - A 

I did a chin up! I'm still extremely happy about this. Every time I do one I think " I can't believe I can actually do this!". Will keep working on the chin ups as part of my strength training. 

Lift the building / Strength Training - A-

I missed a couple of sessions so it's an A-. I've said this before but I'll say it again, I have fallen head over heals in love with lifting! I love how it makes me feel and I love the way it's changing my body. Not just how my body looks, but how it feels. I feel stronger and I love it!

Defuse the bomb / Running - D

I didn't do too well here. I completed my 10k run, and in a decent time (for me) but I didn't do as much training as I should have. I'm going to need to do some form of cardio training for Tough Mudder so I really need to keep pushing myself on this one.

Lift Quest / Practice the Ukulele - F

I think I managed to pick it up twice in the whole 6 weeks so not good! In hindsight, it wasn't the right time for me to put this in my challenge, I just had too much going on to spend time on this. Next challenge my life quest will be something that helps me in my career, because god knows I need help there!

Don't have time to do attribute points right now (I'm supposed to be writing training docs at work right now!). To be honest, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to assigning them so need to spend a bit of time on it later.

Onwards to the next challenge!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

Awesome finish!! A's on 2/4 is not too shabby and the strength training might help your running and such for Tough Mudder. I found that the strength training I did during the 6WC made a pretty big impact in my jog/run ability. Before the challenge I think I managed 5 mins out of 30, post challenge I did 14 out of 35 with a 3.5 minute bit.

I'll be doing a career related life quest next challenge too! I have a bunch of career related stuff to figure out over the next few months.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Congrats on a good challenge!!!!

Motivational_fitness_quotes_1-570x172_c.

Thank you! Still working on building some of those habits!

Awesome finish!! A's on 2/4 is not too shabby and the strength training might help your running and such for Tough Mudder. I found that the strength training I did during the 6WC made a pretty big impact in my jog/run ability. Before the challenge I think I managed 5 mins out of 30, post challenge I did 14 out of 35 with a 3.5 minute bit.

I'll be doing a career related life quest next challenge too! I have a bunch of career related stuff to figure out over the next few months.

Thanks! I agree, the strength training has definitely helped my running improve. The main issue I have with running is time. Going to the gym isn't so bad as I go in the morning and the gym is warm and dry. Getting up early to go for a run is a different matter! It's cold, dark and usually raining out! I could run at the gym but I really hate treadmill running. It's sooooo boring.

Onward and upward!  Keep being awesome!!!

Thanks, I'll try!

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

I don't do a battle log so going to keep posting here till the new challenge begins. Going to do the Bye weeks challenge to keep myself honest and to test out handstand training. If there is anything cooler than doing a pull up, it's doing a handstand. I have the worst balance so this will be quite a challenge.

Had to move my gym session to tomorrow as I've had serious DOMS the last few days. I had a really good squat session on Tuesday, new 10 rep max and also noticed that I'm managing to go deeper in my squat. The downside of all this? I haven't been able to sit down or get up without wincing for the last 2 days! No pain no gain right?

2020 Races: 

Gah! Still haven't assigned any attribute points!

Quest 1 = STR 2, DEX 1

Quest 2 = STR 2, DEX 1 

Full points for both

Quest 3 = 1 STA (out of max 3)

Life quest = 0

So that puts me at:

STR: 7 / DEX: 4 / STA: 4 / CON: 1 / WIS: 1 / CHA: 2

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines